OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has probably already been posted and if so, sorry.

•Sources have confirmed for The Dispatch that though each of the victims had varying numbers of gunshots, Kenneth Rhoden was the only one shot just once, and Chris Sr. sustained the most, with nine shots.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/13/another-week-and-still-few-answers.html
Since Chris Sr. was shot 9 times what is that telling us, he was the actual target? But why the rest of the family in multiples places? This is so confusing. I had a theory but this kind of blew that out of the water. hmm.....

Gary's car. Kentucky plates.

I would have originally agreed with you, but this car was towed on the 23rd - if you view arial shots of the crime scenes the day of the murders, that car is not parked at Chris Sr's house where Gary was.

No, it's a wrecked car of some sort. But after zooming in on the car on the tow truck, the right side doesn't look as wrecked as this one does to me....
ccf1c93d5a3ff835793f2777d0a3c70d.jpg
Down by the trees by that dirt circle?

Since Chris Sr. was shot 9 times what is that telling us, he was the actual target? But why the rest of the family in multiples places? This is so confusing. I had a theory but this kind of blew that out of the water. hmm.....

IMO, it could mean that he was the actual target, or that he put up the most resistance, or maybe both. It is very confusing.

I think I'm in the minority but I don't think just because he had 9 shots it means he was the main target. If we are basing how angry someone was with them based on the amount of GSWs they had that means out of Hanna, Hannah, Frankie, Chris Jr, and Dana- 2 had 5 and 1 had 4.. which are more than Gary or Kenneth had..and I know a popular opinion is that the men were the main targets but if we are basing targets on GSWs that theory doesn't make sense.

Edited to add- heck for all we know, the perps may not have had a lot of ammo and under estimated how many bullets they were going to use and only had a 1 bullet left by the time they got to Kenneth. I think anything is possible at this point. However I also think that would be more plausible if the murders were spontaneous and not planned.

I may have missed earlier discussions on the big, new barn on the property with two of the crime scenes. I own a small farm in an exurb county so we have a WIDE variety of homes on my country road (two immediate neighbors with homes in the 10,000 square foot range and mobile homes a quarter of a mile in the other direction and everything in between). But a big, new, metal barn built on a property that needed as much work and maintenance as the Rhoden's would really jump out to me, to the neighbors, and most importantly to the sheriff's office here. Add in the cockfighting cages, and the junkyard of cars, and you might as well put up a sign that you are probably engaging in less-than-legal activity. It has bothered me from the beginning that LE immediately came out and said they didn't know the Rhodens in a criminal capacity or something to that effect when that wasn't true based on the records people have since found. But more importantly, maybe LE should have gotten to know them but chose not to. Small town corruption or turning a blind eye? Plus, who had the funds to pay to put up that barn? Even a plain metal structure is not cheap when it is that size and well-constructed (it looks like the only well-constructed building on that particular site). I am not sure a small time drug dealer, cockfighting gambler, car fixer-upper/flipper could have paid for that barn. From day one, the barn and the questions it raises have stood out to me.
That barn has been bothering me as well from the first time I seen it. It is huge and very nice compared to everything in its surroundings. If CR sr had it built , where did all of that money come from .The barn stands out significally.

He's actually quoted as saying "tray" singular.

On the floor of the garage.

That may be the location of an indoor set-up, or maybe not.

Could be a tray of seedlings or clones grown elsewhere and brought over as ready to be set out in an outdoor garden located in that general area?

I can remember this because it seems odd to me to have a tray sitting on the floor if that is a spot where babies would normally be grown.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/05/pike-co...-cousins-body-calling-911-on-day-of-massacre/

Just an idea regarding motive...

I am am not familiar with the growing season of marijuana but what is the possibility that some had already been harvested?
a certain relative stayed for the past five weeks, another relative arrived in town for the weekend, another relative showed up to repair cars. Maybe it was time for distribution and somebody let it slip to the wrong person.

LE has only stated that they found were 3 commercial grow operations with approximately 200 plants. They really didn't specify that they found marijuana at ALL locations. Maybe it was already harvested and packaged but now missing.

JMO that sometimes what is NOT said is just as important

I may have missed earlier discussions on the big, new barn on the property with two of the crime scenes. I own a small farm in an exurb county so we have a WIDE variety of homes on my country road (two immediate neighbors with homes in the 10,000 square foot range and mobile homes a quarter of a mile in the other direction and everything in between). But a big, new, metal barn built on a property that needed as much work and maintenance as the Rhoden's would really jump out to me, to the neighbors, and most importantly to the sheriff's office here. Add in the cockfighting cages, and the junkyard of cars, and you might as well put up a sign that you are probably engaging in less-than-legal activity. It has bothered me from the beginning that LE immediately came out and said they didn't know the Rhodens in a criminal capacity or something to that effect when that wasn't true based on the records people have since found. But more importantly, maybe LE should have gotten to know them but chose not to. Small town corruption or turning a blind eye? Plus, who had the funds to pay to put up that barn? Even a plain metal structure is not cheap when it is that size and well-constructed (it looks like the only well-constructed building on that particular site). I am not sure a small time drug dealer, cockfighting gambler, car fixer-upper/flipper could have paid for that barn. From day one, the barn and the questions it raises have stood out to me.

Well, Sheriff Reader played that question quite a bit. His statement was basically that "I have not had dealings with them" but that they knew the family. If you watch the very first interview that the Sheriff and the AG did on the day of the murder, he was asked a similar question and started to answer before catching himself and deflecting the question (at least that was my take on his reaction).

The building would probably not have caught much attention simply because Union Hill Road basically runs in and out of three different counties. On a small (15 road deputies) department in a small county like this, you figure an average of 3 deputies per shift to cover 495 miles of road, they are going to be busy covering their calls and are not going to just be out cruising the outer roads of the county unless they are called there. And even if they were called there, they are not going to pay a lot of attention to a large metal building as they will be focused on the call.

Starting at 1:28 does anyone think it looks like Dewine started to nod yes when asked if they thought it was someone local? http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/videos/news/ag-mike-dewine-on-securing-rhoden-mobile-homes/vDqmcJ/

Click here: Last of Rhoden homes moved to investigation center | www.springfieldnewssun.com
At the Pike County Clerk’s Office, search warrants continue to be received and are immediately put under seal, making them inaccessible to the public.
The court order putting them under seal also is under seal, said deputy clerk of courts Hannah Holbrook.

Hmm wonder what the search warrants are for?

Starting at 1:28 does anyone think it looks like Dewine started to nod yes when asked if they thought it was someone local? http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/videos/news/ag-mike-dewine-on-securing-rhoden-mobile-homes/vDqmcJ/

Didn't look like it to me, he's got a bit of twitch or tic going on, I've noticed that before.

eta: Used to shoot news video myself, many will nod or blink when they know the question before you finish, even when we both know the answer is not yes.

Click here: Last of Rhoden homes moved to investigation center | www.springfieldnewssun.com
At the Pike County Clerk’s Office, search warrants continue to be received and are immediately put under seal, making them inaccessible to the public.
The court order putting them under seal also is under seal, said deputy clerk of courts Hannah Holbrook.

Hmm wonder what the search warrants are for?

And now LM is refusing to comment.

"The father of Dana Rhoden, Leonard Manley, reached Friday at his home on Union Hill Road, declined to comment three weeks after the killings. Manley lives near the properties where the Rhoden family members were"

To me it might not have cost as much as you would think if he knew the right people being a carpenter. He could've actually laid the concrete and built the frame himself with a couple of buddies depending on his skill. Then if he knows anyone with a contractor license could've gotten all the supplies at wholesale that just leaves metal work which he may have also known someone. Could've even traded a car for work etc....

My father in law was a contractor built houses, he's much older now but anytime he needs anything fixed he has a million connection from being a contractor he had his whole house painted for the cost of paint and 150 labor we are talking over 2000 sq ft house. Jmo

And now LM is refusing to comment.

I would think by now the police have told them to keep their mouths shot several times, and likely threatened with charges for obstruction of justice if they talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nosey2b