OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You will know soon enough if the IRS or the state starts filing liens against the estate for unpaid use taxes on vehicle transactions, or not reporting inventory, or and sales or property or income taxes for the 'business.' The towed vehicles are all subject to a $20-25 a day storage fee, so that will start to add up quickly and there will be some dispensation for units not deemed essential to the case. Could be everything is in order. All taxes owed were paid and it becomes a non-issue.

family left is being robbed by the govt , they will end up owing money before the state get s done with them.

Either the state state would pay it or the property owner or it would be added in to the price if it is ever sold for the fees. Towing companies are not in the charity business. In some states, if the storage and tow bill gets to a point, they can advertise it for sale. Not sure how Ohio handles it. I will guarantee you all of those rollbacks were not out there working for free.

I don't think the cars are stored at the tow companies impound lots. The command center is on the property of the pharmaceutical plant, where the trailers are stored inside a warehouse.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I really think it's far fetched to say the salvaged cars are "stolen". Most insurance companies sell salvaged cars at auction once claims have been paid and the car has been deemed a total loss. People bid on the salvaged vehicles at the auction.

IMO - they're running the VIN of these cars to see who purchased them at auction so that they can connect the dots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I see wrong with that is most of those cars on his property don't have any visible dents on them. And the majority of them are not even close to being totaled. IDK maybe someone on here works for an insurance company and can give us some input on how a car is deemed a total loss?

The only thing I see wrong with that is most of those cars on his property don't have any visible dents on them. And the majority of them are not even close to being totaled. IDK maybe someone on here works for an insurance company and can give us some input on how a car is deemed a total loss?

Salvage could also mean flood damage. Or older model cars with frame damage - if the frame is cracked and the cost to repair is more than the cash value of the vehicle - then it is considered a total loss. It may not have a lot of visible damage but mostly internal - frame, engine, etc.

Did you see my earlier post to you? (there's a link there) Many cars go to salvage with relatively light damage. As for ins. co. criteria, I can't say, I know the buddy system does wonders in all sorts of areas. In the case of theft recoveries, the owner may be able to throw up their hands and say they don't want it, or they've already been paid before the car is recovered at a much later date.

Not disputing your post, but take a look here. They have locations all over the US, this one is Columbus, there's one in Dayton as well. Many of these cars are fairly clean, some stolen recoveries, vandalized, minor damage etc.

http://www.copart.com/us/Locations/29

I don't get your point? They said he was running a salvage, but I see only a few cars on his property that could be said as being "Parted out".

Possibly that. But I think just having 7 bodies at the time warranted the call. Rural area isn't equipped to handle such incidents. If this happened in my town, the sheriff would **** himself and call in for help immediately as well. It would be weird to me if he didn't.

Linked earlier - he called the AG 9 minutes after first scene. I do not know how long it took them to realize the accurate number of vistims.. We have learned it is a very crime ridden area. Now we all know how horrible this is . But within 9 minutes, to call the AG, sure struck me as very quick.

The call to AG needs to be, IMO, viewed in what was known 540 seconds after arrival. IMO, the call was made because there was full LE awareness of what had been going on there - for years . 81 Rhoden contacts with LE could only result in that being a fact. Every encounter with LE does not result in an arrest, so it would , in all liklihood be fair to state, with some level of comfort, that LE knew the family quite well.

From those records , we can conclude as well, IMO, that intially, from the extensive family violence history, the amount of "substance" related encounters with LE, that an officer of the law would intially come to the conslusion that this a sad, family related violent event. AG do not typically fly to the location of what intially looks like a domestic event.

The notion that within 9 minutes they are calling for the AG, from what would logically -in 540 seconds- seem to be domestic violence , IMO ought to raise the red flag marching band! It did for me.

I would think when reaching out help one would want the finest murder investigation help availble (FBI).

The reality here is the dude has spent his life as a bureaucrat

DeWine served as Greene County Prosecuting Attorney, in the Ohio State Senate, (40 years ago for 4 years) since then he has been a bureaucrat focusing on school safety, child abuse, missing children, bullying, the needs of foster youth. blighted properties, and challenging the constitutionality of Obamacare.

I do not think CSI wants him "helping" in a mass murder.

He knows nothing about crime scene investigation. His last experince dealing with crime was 40 years ago. It is , IMO, akin to wanting a heart transplant from a guy who did one 40 years ago. It IMO is laughable.

If seven of my family members were violently murdered, I would find very little - well no - comfort - in knowing that a senator who is hoping to make schools safer, is handling a massive crime scene. .

Take in the above and the only conclusion I can come up with is BCI and FBI , together , should be doing this.

He should go back to wherever and see if he can get some seat belts or better tires on some school buses somewhere in Ohio. He IS qualified to do that.

MOO

• I must respectfully ask, would any of you be ok with him handling your case?
    • PS:Towing 150 cars is what a congressman would do!
    • Moving crime scenes around town is what a congressman would do!
    • True crime lover here - I have never heard of anyone moving homes about.
    • I roared when he said he wanted to make sure the family members could get some pictures out of the houses in explaining one reason why he was moving the houses behind a chain link fence.
    • If that does not sound like a talking point............................
UGH!

https://ballotpedia.org/Mike_DeWine

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/About-AG/Mike-Dewine

An insurance company deems a car a loss when the estimated repairs reach a certain percentage of its book value. In some cases, flood damage cars can look new and still be totaled. Same way with hail damage. Body panels ruined but mechanicals are fine. Can't really go by appearances.

For example, here is a 2012 Maserati Gran Turismo intact in all its regal splendor. But it took a bath and even though its retail is $96,000 even though the repairs are estimated at $2,500, it is salvage and no one is yet bidding over $17,000 ...and the sale is tomorrow. Perhaps interest will pick up towards sale time. If you want to price cars, copart is the place to go check.Appearances can be deceiving.

http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/18189786?searchId=1405024292

Another thing I noticed. Only a few of these cars do not have tires on them At the salvages I have seen hardly any junk cars sold for parts have tires. The tires and rims are usually the first to go, before any other parts. Another thing I noticed. Only a few of these cars have been wrecked. The large majority of them are intact with no dents. I disagree with the poster on whether these cars have value or not. Most of them are slick with no dents and if they ran good, a lot of people would buy them in a heartbeat, providing the price is right.

So you're saying these cars were worth a lot of money. Then, why didn't he sell some of them instead of taking up a morgage?

I believe that also extended family put their broken cars on his property. (BJM said four of the cars were hers)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ColMustard
Not disputing your post, but take a look here. They have locations all over the US, this one is Columbus, there's one in Dayton as well. Many of these cars are fairly clean, some stolen recoveries, vandalized, minor damage etc.

http://www.copart.com/us/Locations/29

I don't get your point? They said he was running a salvage, but I see only a few cars on his property that could be said as being "Parted out".

Ok, there may be some confusion. My earlier post was in response to so many of the cars appearing to have little or no damage.

With "salvage", there are junkyards/salvage yards (for parts), then there are salvage cars which can be rebuilt and sold to be driven again, under a title branded "reconstructed".

I know if I tried to keep that many cars here, and parting them out, I would quickly be shut down for operating an unlicensed salvage yard. In my area, there are new environmental rules (expensive) about starting a new salvage yard. Older yards were grandfathered. A new yard has to be set up almost like a disposal landfill, with liners in the ground, handling of fluids, etc.

You will know soon enough if the IRS or the state starts filing liens against the estate for unpaid use taxes on vehicle transactions, or not reporting inventory, or and sales or property or income taxes for the 'business.' The towed vehicles are all subject to a $20-25 a day storage fee, so that will start to add up quickly and there will be some dispensation for units not deemed essential to the case. Could be everything is in order. All taxes owed were paid and it becomes a non-issue.

The last tax return they will file (and will be filed by the estate unless a trust for the minor children is set up in which case a return for the trust will be filed if there is enough income (I.e. interest, sales ect.) will be 2016 tax year, filed by 4-15-2017, in which the return will have the DOD at the top. The IRS doesn't file liens on estates unless the deceased owed taxes which are still outstanding on a prior year return or if the current year owed taxes are not paid. In other words they don't audit prior year returns of deceased taxpayers, simply because of a taxpayers right to submit supporting documentation of his return and the taxpayers right to appeal the IRS decision. Donald Trump notwithstanding (since apparently they can audit him 12 years back) a return can only be audited for three years from the last due filing date. (i.e 2015 returns were due by 4-18-2016 so they can be audited until 4-15-2019) unless fraud is present and they can be audited for 6 prior years. (i.e. 2015 returns can be audited in case of fraud until 4-15-2022). Unless a return for a prior year has not been filed and once that return is filed it can be audited for 3 years from the filing date (i.e you file 2009 return in 2015 then that return could be audited until 04-15-2019.

Someone state that Chris sr got a loan for $30,000.00 and paid cash for the remaining $30,000.00. I believe this is where DR lived. I can't imagine a bank loaning that much out to someone who doesn't have a steady job. If he got a loan from a bank has it been paid back?

Small town, he had 50% of the purchase price up front, plus he had other property that was free and clear, that he most likely used to back the mortgage. I'm no banker but stranger things have happened in a little town where everyone knows everyone else.

Did you see my earlier post to you? (there's a link there) Many cars go to salvage with relatively light damage. As for ins. co. criteria, I can't say, I know the buddy system does wonders in all sorts of areas. In the case of theft recoveries, the owner may be able to throw up their hands and say they don't want it, or they've already been paid before the car is recovered at a much later date.

BBM

We had a bad storm and my friend's car had plenty hail damage. Just little dents and dings and back windshield cracked and peppered. Nothing wrong whatsover with engine etc. Insurance company totaled it. Friend got the insurance check for car, found out where the car was going to be auctioned and bought it back for almost nothing. Drives it to this day with dents all over it.

BBM

We had a bad storm and my friend's car had plenty hail damage. Just little dents and dings and back windshield cracked and peppered. Nothing wrong whatsover with engine etc. Insurance company totaled it. Friend got the insurance check for car, found out where the car was going to be auctioned and bought it back for almost nothing. Drives it to this day with dents all over it.

Hmmm. Like I said I love the WS site. I have learned a lot about salvaged cars today that I did not know.

BBM

Many times, the owner can accept less on the ins. check, keep the car without risk of getting outbid at the auction.

Hmmm. Like I said I love the WS site. I have learned a lot about salvaged cars today that I did not know.

Some rebuilt salvage cars can be ok, but worth less to you and insurance if totaled again, so the book value is lower.

However, have seen some angry postings on the internet latley that are slamming car lots selling rebuilt junk.

She doesn’t have to look at her phone to recall that it was 8:14 a.m. on April 22 when she got the news. ( Chelsea Robinson’s )

Call to to LE like 20 min earlier - do we know who advised her

“They told me they’d all been murdered,” said Chelsea

Other things interesting from the article

“Frankie was one of the bad boys that all the girls wanted, “I was just lucky enough to get him.”

Sam Robinson was not amused...“I wasn’t happy about it, I wasn’t. I thought he was just a redneck boy

Chelsea has two jobs — triaging patients ---was she a nurse???? http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/14/mother-of-3-year-old-who-survived-pike-county-shootings-learns-to-adjust.html

I think the confusion about some locations being "outside" (by the media in the beginning) is so many people did not know any addresses of where they were and were "outside" waiting --media got everything confused IMO.

But, if he was paranoid, you would think he would want to be less isolated.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/14/mother-of-3-year-old-who-survived-pike-county-shootings-learns-to-adjust.html
BBM-I've been trying to figure out what that means myself. I think she works at the same location where B was born. It looks to me like it's a hospital with doctor offices in it. http://www.somc.org/index.php
If she works in the emergency department, then she could be assessing how severe the patient's needs are when they come in. I think that is what triage means. I watch a lot of medical dramas on tv lol.

As far as what time she dropped B off, I'm assuming that she works a regular 40 hr. work week with no weekend hrs. since she works at the campground on the weekends. That could put her off work at 5 p.m. and home by 6. Feed B and get to Frankie's after 7. I do believe one thing though and that is that LE would of interviewed her a lot about any visitors that were at Frankie's or calls that were received while she was there. Her and Frankie seemed to be on good terms, so he might of said something to HG in front of C if he got a call from a family member.

I know that a lot of you will never believe me but salvage cars are normally only a few years old at the most before anyone will fool with rebuilding them. That 2007 G6 was most likely rebuilt along time ago and the wholesaler knew that the Rhodens would take on cars like that. No money rebuilding nine year old cars. Late model cars are worth money in parts but these old cars aren't worth hardly anything in parts. They're just "fixer up" work cars. <modsnip>
I have set here for weeks reading comments dragging the deceased name through the mud about these old cars while they have no way to defend themselves. That is what is rude.

Running a salvage does not always mean parting out some may be parted out while others may be repaired and sold

That one in the front is a Chevy. I found the original tweet and enlarged it.

I think it's a Lumina personally, now that I've been looking at the backs of cars and that one haha[/QUOTE]

From the tail lights, it appears to be a 1995 Lumina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro