OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have set here for weeks reading comments dragging the deceased name through the mud about these old cars while they have no way to defend themselves. That is what is rude.
You responded to me and I was in no way dragging their names through the mud nor have I from the beginning. I personally enjoy Demo Derbies and it is an expensive hobby that takes a talented mechanic and lots of vehicles. Furthermore, we work on our own motorcycles, and have rebuilt what you most likely might would call, a worthless bike, just based in it's year, and gotten a Rebuild Salvage Title on it. So based on what I know, I was merely theorizing that I felt that they were enjoying legal hobbies, lines of work, rather than it being a stolen car / parts ring that some others are theorizing.

I would have originally agreed with you, but this car was towed on the 23rd - if you view arial shots of the crime scenes the day of the murders, that car is not parked at Chris Sr's house where Gary was.

The two homes are so close, GR could have stopped into see FR, then just walked over to CR1s house.

The only thing I see wrong with that is most of those cars on his property don't have any visible dents on them. And the majority of them are not even close to being totaled. IDK maybe someone on here works for an insurance company and can give us some input on how a car is deemed a total loss?

Many were in floods.

It seems as if prescription pain meds etc. are (or at least have been) an issue in the area for some time now.... ETA - Of note, the assets that were seized/turned over were quite substantial IMO in this case.

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/...mouth-Headed-to-Federal-Prsion-205365821.html

I will alert Mod to this post just to make sure it is okay to post which I don't know why it wouldn't be as it is/was in MSM.

Since Chris Sr. was shot 9 times what is that telling us, he was the actual target? But why the rest of the family in multiples places? This is so confusing. I had a theory but this kind of blew that out of the water. hmm.....

CR1 could have attempted to flee to get his own weapon, so more shots fired to stop him, or there could have been some type of initial struggle too, causing the assailant to fire more rounds. Also, he was apparently mobile, and mobile targets are harder to hit. We don't know how many rounds were fired that may have missed CR1 & GR either.

It seems as if prescription pain meds etc. are (or at least have been) an issue in the area for some time now.... ETA - Of note, the assets that were seized/turned over were quite substantial IMO in this case.

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/...mouth-Headed-to-Federal-Prsion-205365821.html

I will alert Mod to this post just to make sure it is okay to post which I don't know why it wouldn't be as it is/was in MSM.

Prescription pain meds are pretty much an issue everywhere that most are sadly oblivious too. Which turns to heroine. It's the sad reality of today's society. We don't know they were dabbling in that what so ever.

I've felt there could be more than the pot, but I'm not sure.

The only thing I see wrong with that is most of those cars on his property don't have any visible dents on them. And the majority of them are not even close to being totaled. IDK maybe someone on here works for an insurance company and can give us some input on how a car is deemed a total loss?

It doesn't take much to total out a car these days. They are not built like they used to be. :( The body of the cars today, do not protect major components under the hood, like they used to. Also, if your airbags deployed, and your car is not of newer model, then that, along with some body damage might do it too. Airbags are not that costly but replacing them is costly. But the insurance company goes by a scale, of usually 70-75% of the car's value. So, if you have a car that is valued at $10,000, and it needs $7,500 worth of work, they'll usually totally it. An auto appraiser will come out and determine how much damage is done to the vehicle. Sometimes you'll look at a vehicle and can't even see why it's been totaled b/c the damage is under the hood, or underneath.

Prescription pain meds are pretty much an issue everywhere that most are sadly oblivious too. Which turns to heroine. It's the sad reality of today's society. We don't know they were dabbling in that what so ever.

I've felt there could be more than the pot, but I'm not sure.

Yes, I agree, it is everywhere. I am a medical professional and have been for the last 25+ years so I am very aware of it as well.

Of note, I was no way implying they were involved in anything like this, but more so of interest to me was the assets that were seized/taken because of "illegal" endeavors/activities. That's all. :)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ColMustard
Those "complex criminal developments"! The reason the reward money was pulled.

My first assumption was, he was put off by the pot.

But maybe he just has a grapevine to listen to.

I guess one of my earlier posts was deleted. Thought news reports were ok, so maybe a problem with the subject.

Aren't the cars being stored at the warehouse complex in the pharmaceutical plant? Wouldn't think there would be storage fees on the vehicles there.

I don't believe he withdrew the reward because of the pot because it had already been discovered when he offered it and he didn't care about it when interviewed. So, he either knows more about criminal activities besides the pot.....or someone threatened him to withdraw it.

Another thing I noticed. Only a few of these cars do not have tires on them At the salvages I have seen hardly any junk cars sold for parts have tires. The tires and rims are usually the first to go, before any other parts. Another thing I noticed. Only a few of these cars have been wrecked. The large majority of them are intact with no dents. I disagree with the poster on whether these cars have value or not. Most of them are slick with no dents and if they ran good, a lot of people would buy them in a heartbeat, providing the price is right.

I see cars that look like they came off car lots get scrapped out all the time. It costs so much to pay someone to replace, or rebuild, an engine that it isn't worth it to a lot of people. The cars may not
have a scratch or dent in them but they get scrapped.

They can charge $20 just to hook up or load a car then so much per mile to move it.

The two homes are so close, GR could have stopped into see FR, then just walked over to CR1s house.

I, personally, don't see that car at FR's either. Didn't I read somewhere that KR lived in KY once upon a time? It could have been towed from KR's property. I haven't really seen any aerial shots of KR's so it's likely that it was there. (If that is, in fact, a KY tag).

On another note, possibly this has been mentioned before - I was combing old traffic tickets looking for the Lumina to see who it may have belonged to and I saw a traffic ticket from HR in '13. Her DL address is listed in Raceland, KY. I guess she lived in KY at some point? However, the address doesn't match anything I've seen.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ColMustard
Those "complex criminal developments"! The reason the reward money was pulled.

My first assumption was, he was put off by the pot.

But maybe he just has a grapevine to listen to.

I guess one of my earlier posts was deleted. Thought news reports were ok, so maybe a problem with the subject.

Aren't the cars being stored at the warehouse complex in the pharmaceutical plant? Wouldn't think there would be storage fees on the vehicles there.

It's just the way he worded it, but, I guess initially, after thinking about it, the word "cartel" was being thrown around a lot. That wouldn't take much of a grapevine. . . Also, agreed, on the car storage.

Why wouldn't I be? I've spent some holidays in a camper, I'm 5.7, and would be banging my head constantly. The door is narrow and the beds are claustrophobic. KR was twice my size, and I would have gone mad within a month of not being able to move around freely.
Fifth wheel trailers can be quite comfortable. I know nothing about what he had, but I've got "RICH" friends (57 or so) who just spent their first winter in Florida and loved it. My wife has an employee. Her and her husband live in one, and my daughters boyfriend, who works in the gas fields lives in one. And no one I've mentioned is a backwoods hillbilly type. And I mean no offense towards anyone with that last comment. I'm just using a term others have used.

I, personally, don't see that car at FR's either. Didn't I read somewhere that KR lived in KY once upon a time? It could have been towed from KR's property. I haven't really seen any aerial shots of KR's so it's likely that it was there. (If that is, in fact, a KY tag).

On another note, possibly this has been mentioned before - I was combing old traffic tickets looking for the Lumina to see who it may have belonged to and I saw a traffic ticket from HR in '13. Her DL address is listed in Raceland, KY. I guess she lived in KY at some point? However, the address doesn't match anything I've seen.

That appears to be another HMR. The birth date does not match up to the deceased, HMR.

Very informative article about hiding and laundering money earned from illegal drug activity. Thanks for sharing!

That appears to be another HMR. The birth date does not match up to the deceased, HMR.

Weird. It was Hannah M Rhoden. So wild that there's another one stopped in Pike County. I just saw the birthdate. This one will be 24 this year, so you're right. Crazy.

I also think a lot of the salvage title cars that DR sold, she sold for the business in Scioto County (not sure if we are allowed to discuss it?). FR seems to have traded for a lot of vehicles on FB, DR almost always said no trades when someone asked, cash only and would give the number to this business. The cars FR posted were all on their property, and I think he traded up and also traded cars for other things (ATV, a shotgun, were just a couple that I saw). It is also possible that people traded cars for the "goods," which would explain why some of them aren't wrecked.

Most interesting thing I saw when researching, was the DR wrote to someone that she worked 3 jobs. She obviously was "working" for this business (one post she even told the caller to "ask for RW and say DR sent you") but whenever people asked for the miles it seemed like she always had to get back to them bc she wasn't near the car so maybe she didn't work at the actual store.

I wonder what the third job was.

BBM

We had a bad storm and my friend's car had plenty hail damage. Just little dents and dings and back windshield cracked and peppered. Nothing wrong whatsover with engine etc. Insurance company totaled it. Friend got the insurance check for car, found out where the car was going to be auctioned and bought it back for almost nothing. Drives it to this day with dents all over it.

My father didn't even turn his truck in to the insurance. He knew it would be totaled, so he just drives it around with little dents all over the hood and roof. Doesn't look too spiffy but it runs.

My dad taught me to never escrow insurance or taxes. Pay them separately. Why pay interest on house insurance and property taxes was his philosophy.
Unless you have a banker that is not totally honest you're not paying any interest on an escrow account. Now if the escrow account falls short you should be given an option to "catch it up" or at that point there might be some type of "service fee", or an option to add the negative balance to your loan, but otherwise you don't pay interest on an escrow account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member