OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about this several times I can think of 1 scenario that goes with this perfect but it is based on hearsay.

Seems like there would be far better ways. Really? Killing 8 people?

i read an artical this morning that said investigators worked through the weekend to move all four mobile homes to Waverly, where their comandpost is set up.

Please ! No more adding names- I still cant keep up TIA!!!!

What do you mean no more adding names? That's the name of the deceased which has been written over and over here. Are we not allowed to write out the names of the victims?

First let me say I know nothing about hand guns, so maybe someone with more knowledge can shed some light on this.

I wonder if there is any significance to there being 32 (known) shots fired? What I mean is this. I know there are so many different types of guns, and clips, etc, but does a "normal" gun hold 8 bullets (8x4 reloads), or does a clip hold 8 or 32? That's kind of what I'm looking for.

For instance maybe Chris Sr, and Gary were the last to be killed, and there were 9 bullets left so they just decided to use them all, or maybe Chris Sr. and Gary were first and by the time they go to Kenneth, they only had one bullet (without reloading, or maybe just had one) left.

I do not carry a weapon but work requires me to know about them. That is 32 wounds assuming 100% accuracy for all shots fired. There is weaponry which could achieve that without reloading, but I have read somewhere (not from an official source but it was along the lines of someone quoting a mortician or family member) that there were two calibers of ammo detected. An assault type weapon could easily accommodate a 40 round clip or a rotary magazine holding 100+ rounds. There are handguns, I recall the Glock 17, which had an extended clip that could hold something like 31-32-33 rounds. So yes it is possible. It's also possible for any handgun to have been used if there were multiple clips used or there were multiple weapons. Typically, a standard clip for popular semi-auto pistols would hold between 10 - 17 rounds. Much less for a revolver, which would not leave brass.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you referring to the sample car in the quote, or the car that was on the rollback earlier?

Windows: Does it look like the open windows are not fully open? Seems like they aren't. Maybe the windows won't stay fully open? Not picking at the phrase "wide open", because people often say that no matter what. I know it's going to be harder to get in a window that keeps sliding down, going out would be easier.

I see I made another bad post last night, sorry about that, my mind is used to looking at everything and leaving nothing out. I'll work on getting my mind right.
[/QUOTE]

Ok, we have some confusion here....

I originally said I thought the car on the rollback has a Ky tag.

When the other poster quoted the pic of the sample car with blue tag, that poster's comment showed up inside the quote.

Indeed the sample car, the Lumina, has a blue tag.

Please ! No more adding names- I still cant keep up TIA!!!!

And it matches LM statement about nursing home. A lot of folks took it to mean she was loved, but it was in the same sentance as his reference to child custody,,,,,,also fits in with all "medical" settings you folks have found. At the end of the day =$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

RE: Plus if you think they're officers you're not going to have your gun pulled out on them at first, maybe why noone shot at the killers.

WOW winter- never crossed my mind but adds even more to my core beliefs!!

Oh, I thinking Breaking Bad" the sequel was happening. Someone pointed out the tons of big 55 gallon drums all over the place and haz matt was on scene before BCI![/QUOTE]

I don't know that LM was talking about child custody.

When he gave that interview (rant) he was ticked off at LE for accusing BJM of being involved in the killings and for taking his son's truck. He was trying to push some button on LE. Recall he gave them an hour to give the truck back and then he'd start talking. He suggested that "there's lots of things swept under the rug in Pike County."

I really think that he was talking about the chain of custody involving evidence. IOW suggesting that not everything picked up by LE in making drug busts makes it into evidence.

Hard telling, however, if he really knows something, or has simply heard rumors or has just flat-out watched too much Law and Order.

Still, that makes much more sense to me--given the context of his statement--than a child custody dispute.

Seems like there would be far better ways. Really? Killing 8 people?

I don't believe 8 people should be killed under any circumstance however when one is desperate they may not be thinking too logical.

Another confusing thing

The dogs-pit Bulls

Say I have pitbulls, I know you, the dogs know you and you know the dogs. Kinda think you could get inside

But what if I know you, you know the dogs but you come disguised or have a mask on. Will the dogs be ok with that?

Now if a stranger comes and let's say he has meat or something the dog wants, will the dogs let you in, walk by you to get to the meat?

I have no idea but I do know my aunt was walking down an alley, a pitbull got out somehow of its yard and bit my aunt in the mouth. Tore her mouth and chin up. That's all I know about pit bulls.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. I understand that we can't discuss if a living person. But, we should still be curious to know who it was. Maybe that person is no longer living.

IMO, the case was updated and closed in order to terminate an open restraining order. I do not know this as fact, however. I doubt it is anything hinky.

It also strikes me odd the deputy.. I thought he publically said he didn't have any dealings with any of them?

I think Reader's actual statement had to do with never having had official dealings with them vis a vis the grow op. Not that there had never been anything at all.

It would have been to early in the season to plant them that Friday. Good rule of thumb is Mother's Day. This year is late. Today it's 35 deg in pittsburgh which is somewhat close. There were snow flakes yesterday. Everything would've frosted. Farmers know this. I have a small garden and know this. If it was a cash crop I'd be even more in tune.[/QUOTE.]
Thank you. I don't know anything about Ohio growing seasons. Going by what you are saying it does sound to early to plant.
The two pieces of information that makes me wonder if the grow operation was expanding from one to three are that DS says there was one tray of marijuana in KR's shed. The other reason is that CRsr recently bought the land were DR was living.
If they took clones or cuttings from the main plants would it be typical to put them in a tray to transport, if they were going to be grown outside? Would they need need adjusting from growing inside under a controlled environment to growing g outside. Like maybe for a few weeks the tray is placed outside during the sunny part of the day and brought in during the cooler temps to adjust from the climate controlled environment.
While we don't even know if the murders were committed over marijuana, I think it is possible another local grower found out they were expanding and decided to get rid of the competition.
I know most believe that the number of plants mentioned in MSM is 200, but from what I have read I believe hundreds could be a major grow operation with hundreds meaning up to 900 plants.
Can anyone point me I the direction of a MSM report (other than Dailymail) that quotes law enforcement stating 200 plants?

I don't believe 8 people should be killed under any circumstance however when one is desperate they may not be thinking too logical.

The antecedent got lost there. I was responding to the suggestion that this was spurred by a custody dispute.

I would suggest that desperate people in custody situations do things like abduct the kids and run away with them. Or make false abuse accusations. Wiping out 8 people just doesn't fit for me. Even out of desperation.

Another confusing thing

The dogs-pit Bulls

Say I have pitbulls, I know you, the dogs know you and you know the dogs. Kinda think you could get inside

But what if I know you, you know the dogs but you come disguised or have a mask on. Will the dogs be ok with that?

Now if a stranger comes and let's say he has meat or something the dog wants, will the dogs let you in, walk by you to get to the meat?

I have no idea but I do know my aunt was walking down an alley, a pitbull got out somehow of its yard and bit my aunt in the mouth. Tore her mouth and chin up. That's all I know about pit bulls.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do know some dogs will flip out over a mask, even if it's the owner wearing one.

I have read most of the comments on here and don't recall some details regarding forced entry, doors, windows....what if they forced entry threw the back doors, locked the front doors so anyone approaching wouldn't just walk in and opened the windows so they could likely hear someone approaching then left back three the back door. Just a thought.

Something else I've been thinking about. One theory is that all 8 were killed because some of them would have been able to point the finger at the killer(s) if they knew who they were and had seen them that night at one of the trailers. But how would the killer(s) be able to assume that by killing all 8 that no one would know? How would the killer(s) know if any one of the victims had not mentioned during a phone call or text at some time that night to someone they were at so-and-so's visiting? Killing all eight victims didn't necessarily make sure no one else had knowledge of their being at one or more of the trailers.

And with the number of gunshots these murders don't sound very "sophisticated" to me. Really all the killers needed to do was take some basic steps, like gloves, remove cameras,etc., things that anyone who's ever watched crime shows know. Basic steps and dumb luck. I've also started to wonder if the killer(s) were on meth. Maybe they were on meth but not so high they didn't know to take some steps to hide tracks back to them. I think whoever it was was very well known to the Rhodens and there had been a rift. Maybe the killer(s) pretended to extend an olive branch?

And I think KR's murder may have been done to cause chaos and confusion for LE. Look at how much trouble it's causing everyone else trying to figure out what happened!

I can't find the original to quote, but regarding the Breaking Bad thing-

Those weren't Hazmat suits, they were coveralls to avoid contamination of the crime scene.

The barrels were for housing roosters. None of them appear to have markings consistent with hazardous material that I can see?

Something else I've been thinking about. One theory is that all 8 were killed because some of them would have been able to point the finger at the killer(s) if they knew who they were and had seen them that night at one of the trailers. But how would the killer(s) be able to assume that by killing all 8 that no one would know? How would the killer(s) know if any one of the victims had not mentioned during a phone call or text at some time that night to someone they were at so-and-so's visiting? Killing all eight victims didn't necessarily make sure no one else had knowledge of their being at one or more of the trailers.

And with the number of gunshots these murders don't sound very "sophisticated" to me. Really all the killers needed to do was take some basic steps, like gloves, remove cameras,etc., things that anyone who's ever watched crime shows know. Basic steps and dumb luck. I've also started to wonder if the killer(s) were on meth. Maybe they were on meth but not so high they didn't know to take some steps to hide tracks back to them. I think whoever it was was very well known to the Rhodens and there had been a rift. Maybe the killer(s) pretended to extend an olive branch?

And I think KR's murder may have been done to cause chaos and confusion for LE. Look at how much trouble it's causing everyone else trying to figure out what happened!

I haven't noticed that LE is more baffled by KR's murder than any of the others. Can you cite any specific statements? As for the theory you mentioned first, I wouldn't argue that some of the victims were killed because they were aware the killers would be visiting that night. They may have been killed because they were in close proximity, and thus potential witnesses, to the real targets (I.e., at least one person, for whatever reason, was the real target in each location).

Something I have not been able to get out of my mind, from Chelsea Robinson’s interview...

"So it was on April 21 that Chelsea told Frankie there was a sickness at daycare and she didn’t want to take Brentley on Friday. Could Frankie and Hannah watch him instead?

They said yes, of course.”

…He had been inside the trailer when his father was killed in the bed, but Chelsea assumes he was on the couch like always and slept through it all. That’s the only answer, she says. At least the only one, for her sanity, that she allows herself.

She believes he woke up only when Bobby Jo Manley came pounding on the door that morning.”

I can’t get over the fact that this child was NOT supposed to be there that night. If he did sleep through the disturbance, like she’s suggesting, and was awoken only by BJM pounding on the door at 7:30ish AM the next day, then that really is the only explanation for why his life was spared. He slept through the killings, or the killer didn’t even know he was there, since he wasn’t supposed to be.

Yes, 3-1/2 years old is a young child, but most kids that age are pretty verbal and self-sufficient. She also states that he is “tall-for-his-age” in the article, so I’m assuming he looks older. Maybe 4 or 5? Old enough that, perhaps, if he had woken up and confronted the killer, he may have lost his life, too, for fear of being a witness.

I cannot even wrap my head around this…

Has this been brought up already? My apologies, if so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper