OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right about her looking for Frankie, but that comment about women deferring to men? I find that not only inaccurate and a sweeping generalization, but also offensively sexist.

Edited to add: It was BJM, after all, who took the initiative to take the children out of that murder scene, whereas the male on scene did not.

Hmm. First time I have been called a sexist. For me, I tend to lean on hubby or son in times of emotional stress when I am feeling overwhelmed by the situation. This by no means implies I am a weak person, since I am a professional in a largely male field, and I virtually run not only my own household but my sons and grandsons, who come to me for advice frequently. I am just saying that in times of emotional stress (like when my brother died) I tend to lean on the males in my family and let them take charge and handle everything. I don't think that has anything to do with how capable a person is. I apologize if I offended you or anyone else with my post as that was not my intention.

I don't know about other counties in Ohio, but in my county, once it is set for Grand Jury and moved to the other Court, you can't find record of anything through the online records site.

It was a pretrial hearing set for the 22nd. Grand jury?

Eta: never mind I see what you are saying.

Hmm. First time I have been called a sexist. For me, I tend to lean on hubby or son in times of emotional stress when I am feeling overwhelmed by the situation. This by no means implies I am a weak person, since I am a professional in a largely male field, and I virtually run not only my own household but my sons and grandsons, who come to me for advice frequently. I am just saying that in times of emotional stress (like when my brother died) I tend to lean on the males in my family and let them take charge and handle everything. I don't think that has anything to do with how capable a person is. I apologize if I offended you or anyone else with my post as that was not my intention.

I didn't call you a sexist. I pointed out that I found that comment in particular sexist. It implies that women are weaker or tend to be submissive when there's a male around, as though men are more capable. I see that you didn't intend it that way, so I'm glad of that. In my own experience, I've found the women in my family and friends group to actually be the ones who tend to take charge in crises. Of course that's only my own experience.

I didn't intend to imply that he used, or could have used his service weapon - as surely that was taken away. He was familiar with the weapon however, and Rob Junk, the PA has admitted to lending JJ a "couple of guns". My point was meant to dispel the notion that big, loud weapons were used when in truth this video and the article I posted show that JJ has a precedence of using a Glock 22 and could be well aware of the suppressor function and sound. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

JJ still isn't dumb enough to use a weapon loaned to him by Junk. Also, there are different options for the weapon that aren't big and loud and I think some have been mentioned on other threads. I know I personally discussed on option back on thread 4 or 5. Several thousand posts ago :)

I don't know about other counties in Ohio, but in my county, once it is set for Grand Jury and moved to the other Court, you can't find record of anything through the online records site.

I can only find records from Pike County, but not from the circuit court. this has been such a big case in the county, till the Rhodens were killed. Since then there's not been anything on his trial date. I can't find him incarcerated anywhere. Surely it wasn't dismissed, but it wouldn't surprise me. The community outrage kept the pressure on LE and Junk's office to prosecute JJ on Rooker's murder, then in December when he shot his neighbor in the head, it was taken out of Junk's hands and he was charged for both murders and tampering with evidence. Officers had open fired on Rooker, but only JJ's bullets hit Rooker, according to Sheriff Henderson who stepped down a little over a month later. Maybe the tampering of evidence was picking up the shell casings after shooting Rooker, but according to witnesses he wasn't the only one.

I've been reading these threads since a few days after the murders, but haven't posted until today, so bare with me if I don't do this right.
I've been thinking this through from day one and my theory has changed multiple times. I've finally got one that sticks in my head, and I can't visualize it any other way now.
I feel that the killer(s) were looking for something or someone. (my mind is thinking 3/4 people were involved. If it was common knowledge that CRsr and DR had reconciled, maybe the killers assumed CRsr would be at her place, so they went there first. If DR was still awake (having posted on FB after 2:30 am), she would obviously know who had been there looking for CRsr so they killed her and her 2 kids. The killers then moved on down the road to CRsr and FR place and split up, to eliminate the risk of FR and HR hearing anything. I think CRsr knew at least one of the killers, and thinking it was only going to be a discussion, he puts the dogs outside. The killers start pressing him for information about where ??? is and thinks start getting physical. CRsr isn't forthcoming with the information or the goods, so they shoot him somewhere, still no answers so they shoot GR. CRsr has no idea his whole family has been killed. They then move on the KR thinking maybe whatever they're looking for is stashed there, since it's more remote.
i think DS is acting squirelly because he's scared to death that he could be next. He comes across to me as the type of person that always tells those "big fish" stories. (You know, how he caught this 4ft fish in the tiny local fishing hole.) that being said, I think the whole money story isn't true, we only have his word on it, we also only have his word that he was supposed to be there the night before.
i think it's possible that someone close to the family may have slipped up in conversation somewhere and said something that led up to this. Maybe even gave out personal information as to how to get in and out of the houses. Probably not intentionally, but now they realize they unknowingly helped in this, so now they are acting odd.

This is is all JMO

According the the police reports, no one else was around when JJ killed Rooker. The officer that did shoot at Rooker was earlier on in the pursuit and he got out of his car and fired at Rooker's moving car. Because that officer was out of his car, another officer stopped with him until he got back in the car. Meanwhile JJ kept on following Rooker. By the time the other two officers caught up. Rooker was already dead.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/262990820/Pike-County-Shooting-Report

According the the police reports, no one else was around when JJ killed Rooker. The officer that did shoot at Rooker was earlier on in the pursuit and he got out of his car and fired at Rooker's moving car. Because that officer was out of his car, another officer stopped with him until he got back in the car. Meanwhile JJ kept on following Rooker. By the time the other two officers caught up. Rooker was already dead.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/262990820/Pike-County-Shooting-Report

Yep, according to the report pressured by the media and was given out a month later, but there's video on CRjr's fb page with witnesses on scene that tell a different story. Interestingly enough Hanna was friends with Rooker's two sisters and both are on her friends list.

Or, there were a few shooters, and the killings were done sorta' simultaneously?? (at least at CRsr's and FR's)

That's exactly what could have happened (and IMO highlight likely). Because whether they had suppressors or not, IMO they needed to have at least 2 people to simultaneously enter the two trailers that directly neighbored one another in order for either to not be alarmed by what was happening. The risk of not doing that would be far to high for the perps considering all of these people had guns of their own.

I've been reading these threads since a few days after the murders, but haven't posted until today, so bare with me if I don't do this right.
I've been thinking this through from day one and my theory has changed multiple times. I've finally got one that sticks in my head, and I can't visualize it any other way now.
I feel that the killer(s) were looking for something or someone. (my mind is thinking 3/4 people were involved. If it was common knowledge that CRsr and DR had reconciled, maybe the killers assumed CRsr would be at her place, so they went there first. If DR was still awake (having posted on FB after 2:30 am), she would obviously know who had been there looking for CRsr so they killed her and her 2 kids. The killers then moved on down the road to CRsr and FR place and split up, to eliminate the risk of FR and HR hearing anything. I think CRsr knew at least one of the killers, and thinking it was only going to be a discussion, he puts the dogs outside. The killers start pressing him for information about where ??? is and thinks start getting physical. CRsr isn't forthcoming with the information or the goods, so they shoot him somewhere, still no answers so they shoot GR. CRsr has no idea his whole family has been killed. They then move on the KR thinking maybe whatever they're looking for is stashed there, since it's more remote.
i think DS is acting squirelly because he's scared to death that he could be next. He comes across to me as the type of person that always tells those "big fish" stories. (You know, how he caught this 4ft fish in the tiny local fishing hole.) that being said, I think the whole money story isn't true, we only have his word on it, we also only have his word that he was supposed to be there the night before.
i think it's possible that someone close to the family may have slipped up in conversation somewhere and said something that led up to this. Maybe even gave out personal information as to how to get in and out of the houses. Probably not intentionally, but now they realize they unknowingly helped in this, so now they are acting odd.

This is is all JMO

BBM: No, I'll keep my clothes on, thank you very much! ;)

Not a bad re-enactment. One thing I'd question, though, is DS lying about the money. Surely, LE would know if he was telling the truth or not. Seems dumb to lie about it.

Your thoughts are valid and make sense as I too have been following the posts and this is the first post I have made about this tragedy.. I too think DS is squirrelly and I feel he knows more than he is saying out of fear for his life.
As far as BJM going to their homes to feed dogs and chickens with 2 associates, I do not buy that either. I believe they went there every morning to tend to the grow operations - it does not take 3 people to feed a few dogs and a hand full of chickens.
I had theorized that possibly whomever did this was to prove a point to a person still alive, even possibly taking that person along with them and that is how they got past the dogs. Only time will tell....

:) those are my favorite things to talk about, but I think the cartels were just looking for the buried uranium that CR was hiding and digging up with his backhoe to sell.

Really? My favorite are the "no one actually died at all this was a staged event"

"... a 19-year-old friend of siblings Christopher Rhoden Jr., 16, and Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, said he'd gone with Christopher Rhoden Sr. four or five times..."

"He said Rhoden would go to the bank, withdraw cash needed to buy a vehicle, go get it and haul it back. Hart said he was not involved in the purchases and only accompanied the elder Rhoden on trips."

"I only went to keep him company,"

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/18/why-rhoden-family-had-so-many-cars/84433962/

I'm sorry if I copied more than the percentage allowed for copyright. I didn't want to butcher it too much.

Here is Reader's press release. http://wp2.pikecosheriff.com/?p=1483

Here is a local article. http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_2b29ce0c-27a4-5f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html

And this was in Feb. So they identify the intended recipient and another party. They obtain a search warrant for a 'local residence' (any media ever take a look at that affidavit and return or will it be sealed too?) They say they find the BHO site, and cite evidence of recent extractions. But I can find no indication of any arrests for either crime. Did someone roll?

IMO

With 3 commercial grow houses at the Rhodens alone, why import?
Why did the shatter people risk receiving marijuana thru the post office?
Rivalry? Set up?

Come on... Do you really think he would use a police issued weapon? If it was actually JJ, I would think he would be smart enough to use a throw away gun and not one that could be traced back to him or Junk. If JJ, I would think he could get his hands on a gun pretty easy and might have confiscated some when he was a cop that didn't get report.

Of course he wouldn't use a police issued firearm. In fact, in the shooting incident he was indicted for (shooting his neighbor in the head) the detective said he didn't shoot him with his service weapon and he wasn't even sure what firearm he used. So going with history on this guy, I agree, no way he would have used his service weapon even if he still had it which I doubt he did because he was terminated.

If you read back through this thread and others, you will learn that he is a rogue cop who has previously showed a blatant disregard for his authority, and human life. He has been said to have "issues" and was scheduled for a final Grand Jury pretrial on April 22nd, the morning after the Rhoden's were murdered. It has been suggested that he has motive (money to flee), experience, including K-9 handling, that he worked the night shift and would have likely (just as LE was likely) to have known about the Rhoden's illegal activities. It is not difficult to speculate that he is at least as potential of a suspect as anyone else discussed in this case. imho.

Thanks. I did some reading on him, just wasn't able to connect the dots.

IMO

With 3 commercial grow houses at the Rhodens alone, why import?
Why did the shatter people risk receiving marijuana thru the post office?
Rivalry? Set up?

Crop failure? Crop sold to someone else?

Don't know the dollar value on a unit of shatter, but it has to be far higher than the same amount of weed. I watched a youtube video of someone making it in a tube about a foot long, they stuffed 1/2 lb of weed into the tube to make about 1 1/2" of shatter in a cake pan. The house with the huge shatter lab had a 14' tube running up the side of the house, almost to the roofline.

re: other posts- (poke all the fun you want, it's still just theory like any other)

Maybe she was overwhelmed with what she found and was going to go get Frankie to take charge of the whole situation. After all it was his father and women tend to defer to men when confronted with something that overwhelms them. I don't think she ever expected Frankie to be a victim also. As far as the locked door, it could have been unusual for the door to be locked since CR1's vehicle was there and it appears he was an early riser. Also she may have knocked on the door before getting the key. She could have left that detail out in the chaos and confusion.

Very possible that she left the detail out about knocking on CR1's door. But, the interview was weeks later.....not in the midst of the chaos and confusion.....and she gave other details, like leaving her phone in the car charging and the dog in a recliner and getting the key. So, since she didn't mention the detail of knocking on the door before getting the key and opening it, I tend to believe she did not knock o the door. JMO

For all we know, JJ could have a rock solid alibi for that night. So, I hesitate before buying into an elaborate theory about his involvement in eight cold-blooded murders.

I didn't call you a sexist. I pointed out that I found that comment in particular sexist. It implies that women are weaker or tend to be submissive when there's a male around, as though men are more capable. I see that you didn't intend it that way, so I'm glad of that. In my own experience, I've found the women in my family and friends group to actually be the ones who tend to take charge in crises. Of course that's only my own experience.

Again my apologies if I offended anyone.

I am not saying that is what BJM did but it would be my best guess that had she been male or female she would have ran to get the man's son (as opposed to her being an ex SIL and not having any authority as next of kin).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member