OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read back through this thread and others, you will learn that he is a rogue cop who has previously showed a blatant disregard for his authority, and human life. He has been said to have "issues" and was scheduled for a final Grand Jury pretrial on April 22nd, the morning after the Rhoden's were murdered. It has been suggested that he has motive (money to flee), experience, including K-9 handling, that he worked the night shift and would have likely (just as LE was likely) to have known about the Rhoden's illegal activities. It is not difficult to speculate that he is at least as potential of a suspect as anyone else discussed in this case. imho.

Money to flee as a motive? Wouldn't require killing 8 people.

I don't know if he comes into direct play or not. He does make me wonder about the Pike Co Sheriff's Dept as a whole and whether every person there employed trusts every other person working there. Certainly in the early days when you have the AG, BCI, FBI, DEA and all descending on the scene, I bet there was a whole lot of side-glancing going on before establishing trust.

Money to flee as a motive? Wouldn't require killing 8 people.

I don't know if he comes into direct play or not. He does make me wonder about the Pike Co Sheriff's Dept as a whole and whether every person there employed trusts every other person working there. Certainly in the early days when you have the AG, BCI, FBI, DEA and all descending on the scene, I bet there was a whole lot of side-glancing going on before establishing trust.

Where did you hear/read that DEA and FBI were on scene? From what I've heard directly from Mike DeWine and Reader is that the FBI and DEA called to offer their services and they turned them down. But they did say they appreciated them reaching out and would consider their offer in the future if they found it necessary.

He probably said she discovered the scene because she discovered the scene. There is no evidence to suggest that the people who were in her car entered the crime scenes. Does it make sense to expect full detail and organized thought from a hysterical 911 caller? As for LM, he was probably relating what BJ told him about finding the crime scene. The two friends were probably peripheral to the whole scene.

EXACTLY! BJM never said she went there alone. She said WE in the 911 call and she identified who the WE was in her first and only public interview. No one, not even LM, said she went there alone. He said she found the victims because she did.

Where did you hear/read that DEA and FBI were on scene? From what I've heard directly from Mike DeWine and Reader is that the FBI and DEA called to offer their services and they turned them down. But they did say they appreciated them reaching out and would consider their offer in the future if they found it necessary.

The FBI and DEA are both providing technical expertise to the attorney general’s office, DeWine

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/autopsies-of-victims-in-pike-county-shooting-could/nrBzy/

"... a 19-year-old friend of siblings Christopher Rhoden Jr., 16, and Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, said he'd gone with Christopher Rhoden Sr. four or five times..."

"He said Rhoden would go to the bank, withdraw cash needed to buy a vehicle, go get it and haul it back. Hart said he was not involved in the purchases and only accompanied the elder Rhoden on trips."

"I only went to keep him company,"

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/18/why-rhoden-family-had-so-many-cars/84433962/

I'm sorry if I copied more than the percentage allowed for copyright. I didn't want to butcher it too much.
Sounds like these guys didn't like being alone. A friend of the boys going on trips with Chris Sr to keep him company, ds saying kr took him out to eat and spent time with him to keep him company, gr staying at cr sr...

The whole silencer and how they are hard to get and how to make them has been discussed in every other thread... I just keep on scrolling when I see the word now :)

Buried somewhere a hundred posts back I linked to an article about hunting suppressors being legal in Ohio. I doubt they used one, too. But I'm not convinced they're hard to get anymore.

Sounds like these guys didn't like being alone. A friend of the boys going on trips with Chris Sr to keep him company, ds saying kr took him out to eat and spent time with him to keep him company, gr staying at cr sr...

I really don't find any of that unusual or indicative of anything.
i find it more puzzling that they waited so long to check on Kenneth.....even his own son. But, two people checking on him together does not sound strange to me. As a matter of fact, I sure wouldn't want to go to a trailer out in the boonies alone right after 7 family members were found dead. And a cousin visiting from KY, why not stay with family instead of a hotel? Going out to eat....I do it all the time with my sister. Besides, I think Kenneth paid. The friend running into town with CR1, no big deal. Beats boredom!

I have wondered why they didn't call LE for wellness check, I've called family leaving that message before and always got a quick call back if I hadn't been able to reach a relative for a day or so. I do remember a year ago I couldn't get a hold of someone who's hubby was having severe PTSD issues. My husband was concerned and said after a tragedy everyone says they never saw violence coming. Since there was a recent 5150, I did not want to get LE involved unless I had to, jumped in car and checked on them. All was fine, thank goodness. That got me thinking maybe LR was aware of pot at property and was freaked out due to murders at other family grow sites, calling DS to pick him up to see if all was well. That could explain going into garage to check on pot.

I think we have to keep in mind that this family would not have been normally inclined to call LE into their lives--just sorta risky. But I think we also have to bear in mind that owing to JJ's arrest and misdeeds, the public perception of LE may have suffered. So, a bit of a lag on calling the authorities might tie in?

I could be misremembering--seems I have seen it both ways. Point is, there were multiple agencies involved, which always implies a bit of turf definition. And the recent history of Pike County Sheriff's office may have introduced some additional cautions.

I think we have to keep in mind that this family would not have been normally inclined to call LE into their lives--just sorta risky. But I think we also have to bear in mind that owing to JJ's arrest and misdeeds, the public perception of LE may have suffered. So, a bit of a lag on calling the authorities might tie in?
That is true, however, to me it doesn't explain why it took so long for someone to go check on KR. Regardless of how they felt about LE, it took 5 hours for someone to go check on him. That's a little weird to me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The FBI and DEA are both providing technical expertise to the attorney general’s office, DeWine

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/autopsies-of-victims-in-pike-county-shooting-could/nrBzy/

Gotcha. The reason I asked is because in videos I've seen of DeWine and Reader they imply that the FBI is not involved with the investigation and I believe they SHOULD be involved because I'm not convinced that county has the experience to adequately investigate the crime scenes. I suspect the FBI/DEA is offering their "advice/expertise" but not active in the investigation based on the quote below from the article linked.

"The FBI is not involved with the investigation at this time but is on standby, according to Reader." - http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Investigators-Several-dead-at-Pike-County-Ohio-home-376728131.html

That is true, however, to me it doesn't explain why it took so long for someone to go check on KR. Regardless of how they felt about LE, it took 5 hours for someone to go check on him. That's a little weird to me.

I've been thinking about this too. But then what responsible Rhoden adult was left to think of him?
Maybe the son didn't hear anything until later in the day?
DS was not thinking about it for some reason. He should have been.
Maybe LE should have asked someone about other family members.
Maybe LE asked all Family members to assemble somewhere and talk to no one.
Could it be that KR was found earlier, and the news didn't get out until a few hours later?
It is very odd that no one seemed to associate KR with what had happened on Union Hill Rd.

That was an interesting article. I found it interesting that Manley said he didn't go down to CR1's....he didn't have any reason to. But then he turned around and told that he helped work on the cars and even just this year he took cars in to get inspections and paperwork to be resold. So, that seems to put him down at CR1's quite a bit....even this year. He also mentions that some of the cars belonged to BM and went on to say when the police check the VIN numbers they will find that many didn't even belong to CR1. Just interesting stuff there. I am in no way accusing the Manley's of murder. But I am saying I believe they know what was going on with those cars, as they helped with them. So, why downplay that you were at CR1's? He also mentioned that people would bring their cars to be fixed and for some reason the work wasn't done or they never came back to get the car. I think I am understanding why LE took the cars. They are going to find out who owned each car, as it could point to a murderer. Could someone have dropped their car off to be fixed and then CR1 not give it back to them? If that happened, it could have pi$$ed off the wrong person. Maybe the work cost more than they were originally told and they didn't have enough money to pay up, so they kept their car? I don't know, but I am beginning to see more of a story coming out about these cars and understand why they have been taken away.....just from this one article. Anyone else? If these cars did not belong to CR1....then just who did they belong to, besides the 4 they said belonged to BM?

Sounds like a good way to lay the groundwork for "no they weren't stolen, they were dropped off here and never picked up". Just kinda stuck out at me.

Sounds like a good way to lay the groundwork for "no they weren't stolen, they were dropped off here and never picked up". Just kinda stuck out at me.

There is such thing as mechanics lien, if somebody drops their car off for repair and after it is repaired has only a certain amount of time to pick up and pay for repairs a person can file for a lien. It's very possible if he filed the correct paper work he could've obtained a few vehicles this way.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4505.101

Wonder if the local media types have thought to ask for a copy of the sheriff's dispatch or communications log from that day. It is considered a public record in most states.

I don't think it really took five hours to go check on him. I think it took five hours to get rid of things.

"... a 19-year-old friend of siblings Christopher Rhoden Jr., 16, and Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, said he'd gone with Christopher Rhoden Sr. four or five times..."

"He said Rhoden would go to the bank, withdraw cash needed to buy a vehicle, go get it and haul it back. Hart said he was not involved in the purchases and only accompanied the elder Rhoden on trips."

"I only went to keep him company,"

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/18/why-rhoden-family-had-so-many-cars/84433962/

I'm sorry if I copied more than the percentage allowed for copyright. I didn't want to butcher it too much.

I love how one minute LM says Manley maintains he does not know anything about any marijuana growing, saying Monday he did not often visit Rhoden's properties."I didn't have no reason to go down there,'' he said. and then a few minutes later he talks about helping fix the cars up and even driving them to various places. I have never really believed much of what he has said in all of his interviews. I especially didn't believe when he told media that 100-150 cars were taken. Everyone has since ran off with that number. I've looked at a lot of pictures of the properties and also the recent pictures showing them at the command center. I have never counted more than 50 cars and think I only got to 54 if I included trailers and equipment.

Seems like LE would have run VIN numbers before ever sticking a hook in the first car, but who knows.

If they didn't run VINs first, why not take more of the ones that were left behind?

ETA - Unless of course there's a reason beyond DMV records to tow them, looking for trace evidence, etc.

That was an interesting article. I found it interesting that Manley said he didn't go down to CR1's....he didn't have any reason to. But then he turned around and told that he helped work on the cars and even just this year he took cars in to get inspections and paperwork to be resold. So, that seems to put him down at CR1's quite a bit....even this year. He also mentions that some of the cars belonged to BM and went on to say when the police check the VIN numbers they will find that many didn't even belong to CR1. Just interesting stuff there. I am in no way accusing the Manley's of murder. But I am saying I believe they know what was going on with those cars, as they helped with them. So, why downplay that you were at CR1's? He also mentioned that people would bring their cars to be fixed and for some reason the work wasn't done or they never came back to get the car. I think I am understanding why LE took the cars. They are going to find out who owned each car, as it could point to a murderer. Could someone have dropped their car off to be fixed and then CR1 not give it back to them? If that happened, it could have pi$$ed off the wrong person. Maybe the work cost more than they were originally told and they didn't have enough money to pay up, so they kept their car? I don't know, but I am beginning to see more of a story coming out about these cars and understand why they have been taken away.....just from this one article. Anyone else? If these cars did not belong to CR1....then just who did they belong to, besides the 4 they said belonged to BM?

Oops... I said similar. Sorry for posting almost the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member