OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it really took five hours to go check on him. I think it took five hours to get rid of things.
Huh. I admit that had never occurred to me. Of course it seems obvious now lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I love how one minute LM says Manley maintains he does not know anything about any marijuana growing, saying Monday he did not often visit Rhoden's properties."I didn't have no reason to go down there,'' he said. and then a few minutes later he talks about helping fix the cars up and even driving them to various places. I have never really believed much of what he has said in all of his interviews. I especially didn't believe when he told media that 100-150 cars were taken.

I think that LM likes to talk, wants to be heard, and has a captive audience of media since the officials are releasing the bare minimum of information to the press.

When he talks, he seems to have a lot of feeling behind his statements, and IMO it's because he's stating just that: his feelings. I have never personally gotten the impression that he considers carefully what he's saying (or even considers if what he's saying happens to directly contradict what he just said); it all seems fairly off-the-cuff to me.

Gary's father's video interview where he seems to take a few seconds to think before responding to each and every question was a pretty stark contrast to how LM speaks in interviews.

Hmm. First time I have been called a sexist. For me, I tend to lean on hubby or son in times of emotional stress when I am feeling overwhelmed by the situation. This by no means implies I am a weak person, since I am a professional in a largely male field, and I virtually run not only my own household but my sons and grandsons, who come to me for advice frequently. I am just saying that in times of emotional stress (like when my brother died) I tend to lean on the males in my family and let them take charge and handle everything. I don't think that has anything to do with how capable a person is. I apologize if I offended you or anyone else with my post as that was not my intention.
As far as walking in a apparent crime scene even though a child was crying I myself probably couldnt do it. I would have to get someone else to go back and get the crying child. Now my sister, would do it in a hearttbeat. I think everyone is different. Obviously BJM is a take charge person and does what she has to do and cry later. Which she did, she was a emotional wreck talking to 911

Gotcha. The reason I asked is because in videos I've seen of DeWine and Reader they imply that the FBI is not involved with the investigation and I believe they SHOULD be involved because I'm not convinced that county has the experience to adequately investigate the crime scenes. I suspect the FBI/DEA is offering their "advice/expertise" but not active in the investigation based on the quote below from the article linked.

"The FBI is not involved with the investigation at this time but is on standby, according to Reader." - http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Investigators-Several-dead-at-Pike-County-Ohio-home-376728131.html

It was discussed earlier that the FBI can't get involved in the investigation. It can only provide expertise and assistance...

Huh. I admit that had never occurred to me. Of course it seems obvious now lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Word was out rather quickly this happened. One family member posted to social media at 1138 am friday and others responded rather quickly . Small towns word spreads fast! So as far as DS just finding out and called police at 130 to check on KR seems rather odd to me. Had it been me, I would of called police and asked them to go check on KR and BR instead of going myself. So I agree with you

Re. LM and his interviews:
I also think that since he has been so willing to talk to the media, the investigators are probably giving him (and his immediate family) as little information as is legally possible for them to do.

They don't seem to want to provide information to the media, and I *sincerely* doubt they want to have their information filtered through LM on the way to the press.

Seems like LE would have run VIN numbers before ever sticking a hook in the first car, but who knows.

If they didn't run VINs first, why not take more of the ones that were left behind?

ETA - Unless of course there's a reason beyond DMV records to tow them, looking for trace evidence, etc.
It's possible that the VIN's were ran right away. Maybe the ones that were left behind had no problems with thier VIN's, and only the the questionable ones were hauled away.

There is such thing as mechanics lien, if somebody drops their car off for repair and after it is repaired has only a certain amount of time to pick up and pay for repairs a person can file for a lien. It's very possible if he filed the correct paper work he could've obtained a few vehicles this way.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4505.101

A mechanics lien transfers the title to the mechanic. LM said there would be cars not in Chris Sr. name. That doesn't sound like any mechanics lien I've ever heard of.

A mechanics lien transfers the title to the mechanic. LM said there would be cars not in Chris Sr. name. That doesn't sound like any mechanics lien I've ever heard of.

My point was he could have been in the process if # of days was not up and he hadn't filed for the title yet they would still be in someone else's name.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/in...den-shootings/

Leonard Manley

Reporter: Did your daughter ever fear for her safety up here?

Leonard: Well, I ain't gonna say that neither. I promised them I'd wait an hour.

Reporter: Leonard, what would you want people to know about your daughter?

Leonard: Well, she'd give you the shirt off your back. She worked hard and she took care of the old people in the nursing home, went to people's houses. I mean if you want anything on my daughter go to Peebles ask anyone how close the family was.
I mean you know, there's alot of things that's been covered up right here in Pike County.

I think the family knows the Rhodens were in fear for their safety and probably afraid to say anything publicly. I've also heard the same comment from locals that there's things that's been covered up in the county, but they won't say what. I'm worried that people are afraid to tell what they know.

I don't know about other counties in Ohio, but in my county, once it is set for Grand Jury and moved to the other Court, you can't find record of anything through the online records site.

Yes, and that is very disturbing because the judge told JJ's attorney that he could bring up a bail reduction at the next meeting, which was with the Grand Jury and postponed until the final pretrial was set for April 22nd. If JJ, whom we know worked the night shift, was collecting a funneling hush money from the Rhodens, he would have been familiar with the family and their operation. It's not that far of a stretch to speculate that he was hitting them up for money to flee. As his attorney said, he would be putting himself in danger in a prison that he worked at and for some reason was let go. All that we know about JJ points to "issues" and I suggest a personality disorder. The only type of disordered individual who can pass a polygraph and/or a mental evaluation is a narcissistic sociopath. This is because they don't have guilt, remorse or the kind of fear reaction that neurotypicals do. In a high stress survival situation they are know to be extremely efficient killers. That's why so many of them are snipers in the military. A person with this type of disorder would also be scrupulous about noting every weakness and detail that could be used to help further his intentions. And, I know for a fact that a person like this can be extremely charming, apparently innocent and the most deadly, soulless human being you can imagine. They use and mimic people to survive and blame everything they do on someone else.

Manley said in a interview four cars they hauled away were BJM's. I wonder why she had four cars there?

I've been thinking about this too. But then what responsible Rhoden adult was left to think of him?
Maybe the son didn't hear anything until later in the day?
DS was not thinking about it for some reason. He should have been.
Maybe LE should have asked someone about other family members.
Maybe LE asked all Family members to assemble somewhere and talk to no one.
Could it be that KR was found earlier, and the news didn't get out until a few hours later?
It is very odd that no one seemed to associate KR with what had happened on Union Hill Rd.

Does seem like a lengthy time-lag. However, we don't have a good fix on full details, including what he was expected to be doing that day, whether anyone was actually systematically reaching out to all the family members, whether he routinely turned his phone off. LE arrived at 8 something AM, but when was there a full picture of everything on Union Hill kinda summarized and released? KR's distance from the massacre might have led away from anyone thinking he was also a victim. I can almost picture his son saying something along the lines of "I keep calling Dad's phone and he doesn't answer. I'm afraid to go over to check," and DS finally saying, "Come on--let's drive over and see what's up." I mean, sometimes you don't want to know--for as long as possible. There must have been a whole lot of confusion going on. Not sure what time the family started gathering at the church, either. When was the first news report?

Yes, and that is very disturbing because the judge told JJ's attorney that he could bring up a bail reduction at the next meeting, which was with the Grand Jury and postponed until the final pretrial was set for April 22nd. If JJ, whom we know worked the night shift, was collecting a funneling hush money from the Rhodens, he would have been familiar with the family and their operation. It's not that far of a stretch to speculate that he was hitting them up for money to flee. As his attorney said, he would be putting himself in danger in a prison that he worked at and for some reason was let go. All that we know about JJ points to "issues" and I suggest a personality disorder. The only type of disordered individual who can pass a polygraph and/or a mental evaluation is a narcissistic sociopath. This is because they don't have guilt, remorse or the kind of fear reaction that neurotypicals do. In a high stress survival situation they are know to be extremely efficient killers. That's why so many of them are snipers in the military. A person with this type of disorder would also be scrupulous about noting every weakness and detail that could be used to help further his intentions. And, I know for a fact that a person like this can be extremely charming, apparently innocent and the most deadly, soulless human being you can imagine. They use and mimic people to survive and blame everything they do on someone else.
I. most certainly think there is something to this rogue cop that needs further investigating. He seemed to fall off the face of the earth, I wonder if any locals know if he still is in town?

There is such thing as mechanics lien, if somebody drops their car off for repair and after it is repaired has only a certain amount of time to pick up and pay for repairs a person can file for a lien. It's very possible if he filed the correct paper work he could've obtained a few vehicles this way.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4505.101

Still think a junkyard in Pike County is a good place to dump a vehicle that's connected to a crime in Columbus, Cleveland, Detroit or Chicago.

I think that LM likes to talk, wants to be heard, and has a captive audience of media since the officials are releasing the bare minimum of information to the press.

When he talks, he seems to have a lot of feeling behind his statements, and IMO it's because he's stating just that: his feelings. I have never personally gotten the impression that he considers carefully what he's saying (or even considers if what he's saying happens to directly contradict what he just said); it all seems fairly off-the-cuff to me.

Gary's father's video interview where he seems to take a few seconds to think before responding to each and every question was a pretty stark contrast to how LM speaks in interviews.

I will have to agree to disagree in regards to that he (LM) does not consider carefully what he's saying and this video is a good reminder of that, at least IMO....

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...ive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/?sf25007641=1

I've been thinking about this too. But then what responsible Rhoden adult was left to think of him?
Maybe the son didn't hear anything until later in the day?
DS was not thinking about it for some reason. He should have been.
Maybe LE should have asked someone about other family members.
Maybe LE asked all Family members to assemble somewhere and talk to no one.
Could it be that KR was found earlier, and the news didn't get out until a few hours later?
It is very odd that no one seemed to associate KR with what had happened on Union Hill Rd.
I do wonder if DS was not reachable...possibly stayed up all nigh tree and was sleeping or whatever
..maybe the son of KR was trying to reach KR and couldn't and feared the worst so went and got DS to go with him to check on his dad
I've been reading these threads since a few days after the murders, but haven't posted until today, so bare with me if I don't do this right.
I've been thinking this through from day one and my theory has changed multiple times. I've finally got one that sticks in my head, and I can't visualize it any other way now.
I feel that the killer(s) were looking for something or someone. (my mind is thinking 3/4 people were involved. If it was common knowledge that CRsr and DR had reconciled, maybe the killers assumed CRsr would be at her place, so they went there first. If DR was still awake (having posted on FB after 2:30 am), she would obviously know who had been there looking for CRsr so they killed her and her 2 kids. The killers then moved on down the road to CRsr and FR place and split up, to eliminate the risk of FR and HR hearing anything. I think CRsr knew at least one of the killers, and thinking it was only going to be a discussion, he puts the dogs outside. The killers start pressing him for information about where ??? is and thinks start getting physical. CRsr isn't forthcoming with the information or the goods, so they shoot him somewhere, still no answers so they shoot GR. CRsr has no idea his whole family has been killed. They then move on the KR thinking maybe whatever they're looking for is stashed there, since it's more remote.
i think DS is acting squirelly because he's scared to death that he could be next. He comes across to me as the type of person that always tells those "big fish" stories. (You know, how he caught this 4ft fish in the tiny local fishing hole.) that being said, I think the whole money story isn't true, we only have his word on it, we also only have his word that he was supposed to be there the night before.
i think it's possible that someone close to the family may have slipped up in conversation somewhere and said something that led up to this. Maybe even gave out personal information as to how to get in and out of the houses. Probably not intentionally, but now they realize they unknowingly helped in this, so now they are acting odd.

This is is all JMO

"... a 19-year-old friend of siblings Christopher Rhoden Jr., 16, and Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, said he'd gone with Christopher Rhoden Sr. four or five times..."

"He said Rhoden would go to the bank, withdraw cash needed to buy a vehicle, go get it and haul it back. Hart said he was not involved in the purchases and only accompanied the elder Rhoden on trips."

"I only went to keep him company,"

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/18/why-rhoden-family-had-so-many-cars/84433962/

I'm sorry if I copied more than the percentage allowed for copyright. I didn't want to butcher it too much.

I may be wrong, but I thought a reporter asked Dewine about the money during a press conference and he said that didn't sound right. That and the fact that the money detail first was reported by the Daily Mall, I don't put much stock in their reporting.

Money to flee as a motive? Wouldn't require killing 8 people.

I don't know if he comes into direct play or not. He does make me wonder about the Pike Co Sheriff's Dept as a whole and whether every person there employed trusts every other person working there. Certainly in the early days when you have the AG, BCI, FBI, DEA and all descending on the scene, I bet there was a whole lot of side-glancing going on before establishing trust.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Word was out rather quickly this happened. One family member posted to social media at 1138 am friday and others responded rather quickly . Small towns word spreads fast! So as far as DS just finding out and called police at 130 to check on KR seems rather odd to me. Had it been me, I would of called police and asked them to go check on KR and BR instead of going myself. So I agree with you

Not if he got drunk the night before and didn't wake up till noon... and if I feared that the worst might have happened to one of my kin or friends, you would have to bar me from check to make sure they were all right. How horrifying that he found his best buddy, the one who looked after him, dead. I don't doubt that every adult in the clan knew what was going on behind the scenes. But it doesn't seem like they filled DS in on the danger in advance. I still think the 18th was the ultimatum deadline, and when nothing happened for two days their guard was let down just enough to cost them their lives.

I love how one minute LM says Manley maintains he does not know anything about any marijuana growing, saying Monday he did not often visit Rhoden's properties."I didn't have no reason to go down there,'' he said. and then a few minutes later he talks about helping fix the cars up and even driving them to various places. I have never really believed much of what he has said in all of his interviews. I especially didn't believe when he told media that 100-150 cars were taken. Everyone has since ran off with that number. I've looked at a lot of pictures of the properties and also the recent pictures showing them at the command center. I have never counted more than 50 cars and think I only got to 54 if I included trailers and equipment.

I just think LM has spent the better part of his life pretending to know more than he does about a lot of things.

If the Rhodens were growing on UHR there is no reason anyone would be shipping weed across the country to a post office. If they wanted to make shatter they would use their crop not have it shipped in from CA. No connection what so ever IMO.

Not if their crops were not enough volume to supply the shatter operation. Those operations need lots and lots of MJ to make THC oil.
Its possible whoever had the operation had some MJ shipped to help keep making THC oil or shatter or hash oil as its sometimes called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member