OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is is about the third or fourth time I have listened to the 911 call. I'm pretty sure I heard "Please don't hurt me" at the end as reported by others here. She had finished her conversation w 911. Did she think the call had disconnected before she said this last thing?
She probably thought the call had ended.

A member slowed down the recording and it sounded more like "Who would do this?"

http://picosong.com/Bqva/

I wish one of you local reporter people reading here would ask about JJ and do an updated story. TIA. :)

That is true, however, to me it doesn't explain why it took so long for someone to go check on KR. Regardless of how they felt about LE, it took 5 hours for someone to go check on him. That's a little weird to me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CR1 has 7 living siblings, IIRC, and a living mother, we don't know how long it took to get hold of his mother first, before this hit the airwaves, then to get around to calling his other siblings. Why think KR would be more likely to be murdered than any of his other siblings, or his mother? BJM was alive, as was LM, and they lived on the same stretch of road, pretty much w/in walking distance, and it was their sister, grandchildren, nieces and nephews that had been murdered just the same. I just don't see finding KR later that suspicious except for the fact that DS was supposed to spend the night, and didn't, then didn't bother to show up and help him the next morning either. But, DS could be like a lot of people I've known; that's just the way he is.

In my opinion, we've come up with how many theories of people could have done this? MULTIPLE family members, LE, the cartel, a gang from another state, teenagers, coworkers, business partners, a druggie that was all jacked up, etc. So just as many theories as there are to make BJM or DS look suspect, there's plenty that wouldn't even connect them. I like to challenge myself to question theories. ANYTHING is possible with this case with all of the twists and turns and findings, on top of everything we don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone recall the print interview of one of DR's co-workers at the nursing home? I can't really search for it easily since I've exhausted my free views of most area newspaper websites.

The co-worker talked about her good work ethic, but also mentioned DR working over, and being on the phone arguing with someone that Thursday night.

If you had nothing to do with the Rhodens you would remember. Things did not just stop that day. However....If u were involved, maybe you avoid court.

Plus, wouldn't he have an attorney? Surely someone was keeping track of him and communicating with him.

He has an attorney James T. Boulger listed. Also click on docket entries at the top for a little more info. I wish we could find out where JJ is currently. Gah

http://www.pikecountycourt.org/cgi-bin/mcaseno.cgi?pre=CRA&num=1500826&sub=&type=CR&acc=

Agree, they did love cars.
I meant "code" as in that is what DS said in interview and probably to LE for his reason for being in the area.
I would not have expected DS to admit to planning any other activity on that day.
On a normal day, "work on cars" probably meant just exactly that.

I think they had planned to go to either a car auction, or actually work on cars that day. DS was supposed to have spent the night and gotten up early w/KR to help him. But didn't. It was getting close to Demo Derby time so I'd not doubt that they were seriously going to do something w/cars that day.

Yes, and that is very disturbing because the judge told JJ's attorney that he could bring up a bail reduction at the next meeting, which was with the Grand Jury and postponed until the final pretrial was set for April 22nd. If JJ, whom we know worked the night shift, was collecting a funneling hush money from the Rhodens, he would have been familiar with the family and their operation. It's not that far of a stretch to speculate that he was hitting them up for money to flee. As his attorney said, he would be putting himself in danger in a prison that he worked at and for some reason was let go. All that we know about JJ points to "issues" and I suggest a personality disorder. The only type of disordered individual who can pass a polygraph and/or a mental evaluation is a narcissistic sociopath. This is because they don't have guilt, remorse or the kind of fear reaction that neurotypicals do. In a high stress survival situation they are know to be extremely efficient killers. That's why so many of them are snipers in the military. A person with this type of disorder would also be scrupulous about noting every weakness and detail that could be used to help further his intentions. And, I know for a fact that a person like this can be extremely charming, apparently innocent and the most deadly, soulless human being you can imagine. They use and mimic people to survive and blame everything they do on someone else.

I take offense to you suggesting that many snipers in the military are narcissistic sociopaths. While sociopaths can be drawn to military and LE, many times they don't get too far up the chain because they are antisocial or reckless because they do not have fear. Do you personally know any snipers? I do. The ones I know are not narcissistic sociopaths. They happen to be doing a job that they are skilled in. Sometimes being a sniper is based only on their skills and performance and they are chosen for the position instead of choosing the position for themselves. The ones I know do have remorse and guilt and it sometimes tears them up and gives them nightmares. In a high stress survival situation, they rely on their training and they do their job. I think being in LE and military requires some degree of being able to compartmentalize. Not to the same degree, but so do surgeons and coroners. They can't think of the person on their table as a person. They think of them as a procedure.
Some people are only in LE or military because it's a family thing... their dad was, their grandpa was, their uncle was. They feel like they have to live up to something.
There are lots of non narcissistic sociopaths in both fields.

Also, being a sniper isn't always about killing. I'd say that most snipers spend more time observing than actual shooting. A sociopath would get bored with that and probably make a careless mistake in order to get his kill thrill and then either get killed himself or booted. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/10740415/What-does-it-take-to-be-a-military-sniper.html

Finally, getting into and passing sniper school is not easy. This article sort of summarizes the various branches of military requirements. http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/the-gun-nuts/ten-reasons-you’d-never-make-it-at-sniper-school

Speaking of JJ.... What happened with pre-trial hearing? Was it re-scheduled? Is he actually in jail or out on bond?

As far as Ruby pulling reward, he could of done it anonymously like a philanthropist would. He's a Business man with steaks to sell.

Funny you brought this up, he also had posted a $100,000.00 reward for anyone who led to Stacy Peterson being found. IIRC, he got booted from Drew Peterson trial for mouthing two words to Drew, lol. About five years or so ago, his floating restaurant broke loose and drifted 100' away during flooding down on the Ohio river. A lot of patrons and employees had to be rescued. Thank God for tugboats in the area.

I think they had planned to go to either a car auction, or actually work on cars that day. DS was supposed to have spent the night and gotten up early w/KR to help him. But didn't. It was getting close to Demo Derby time so I'd not doubt that they were seriously going to do something w/cars that day.
Ok, so you don't see the night of 4/21 as a gathering of the R men for any other reason. Why was Gary at Chris R home?
Regardless of love of cars, I see that night as a planned get together in 2 locations, one more remote than the other for some reason.

This is is about the third or fourth time I have listened to the 911 call. I'm pretty sure I heard "Please don't hurt me" at the end as reported by others here. She had finished her conversation w 911. Did she think the call had disconnected before she said this last thing?

I know we talked about this a lot yesterday but something just dawned on me. When I listened to it right at the end, the only thing I could make out for sure was the other person in the background saying "good job". Im pretty confident that was said by a male.

I cant make out the other part but lets assume the other part is her saying "please don't hurt me".

If that is actually what was said then it could mean that she did drive up into the murder scene while the murderers were still there and maybe she was forced to call 911 for them. Maybe they promised her they would not hurt her if she called 911 and did as she was told and did not tell LE who she saw there. She could have been forced into calling 911 and saying things.

The only thing though is she did tell the 911 operator she was with someone else there. Do we know who she claimed to have driven to the scene with?
I am curious as to who she claimed to have been with to do her chores. Normally you would do chores by yourself if you had a part time job like cleaning chicken pens and stuff. It seemed a little strange that she had anybody with her at all.

Her emotions on the call sound pretty legitimate to me so I am not sure what she actually did say at the end. But I am very sure the other person said "good job". But even that part could be legitimate as they may have been saying she did a good job conveying the information in a stressful situation.

Its very sad listening to that 911 call.

Speaking of JJ.... What happened with pre-trial hearing? Was it re-scheduled? Is he actually in jail or out on bond?

We don't have anything official from anyone or anywhere as of yet. I have been digging like crazy looking for something to answer these questions. I thought about calling Pike Co. Or JJ's attorney to inquire but, I don't think I want to poke at the hornets nest, so to speak. JMO

As BJM I find it odd to have 2 other adults waiting in car while you attend business at a residence at that hour. Was it a stop before going to another town for shopping?

Thanks for finding the articles. This has all the hints that LE setup informants from that bust at the post office.

IMO this could be tied to someone living at one of the homes and LE may have flipped him/her into becoming an informant and the big fish may have found out and eliminated anyone who could testify against them. Shipment was from California and some of us think the shooters came from out of town.

Look at the descriptions used here in the article. All hinting that LE let the person go for the time being to help get the big fish involved.

"As the investigation continued...numerous shatter labs being conducted at this location, as well as an indoor marijuana grow which supplied the marijuana for the shatter labs".

"....a ladder was also positioned at the side of the house to give accessability to top of tubes...."
" THC lab""
"Industrial valves and very large pipe"

"the case is in its very early stages"

"looking into post office records of particular people in this
county who were receiving packages.....flight records...."

"right now I do not want to disclose the address of any
particular persons until weve identified everyone who is involved"

"....I expect this to lead to other search warrants both locally
and in other jurisdictions....ensure the integrity of the
investigation remains intact so that when we get to the
charging and grand jury stage and when trial comes, we will be
prepared. "

Lotta info there. If THAT led to THIS (meaning the Rs assassination), no wonder LE is being so tight-lipped.

Off Topic, but speaking of JJ, and Pike county...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/12/11/ex-pike-county-deputy-under-scrutiny.html

The county prosecutor, a gun enthusiast, lent Jenkins a couple of pistols for protection.
Fayette County Sheriff Vernon Stanforth said Jenkins’ performance there in 2011 and 2012 was mediocre, and he was reprimanded for running his cruiser into an elderly man in a crosswalk. (The man was injured but survived.)

In May, Richard Henderson resigned as sheriff, and current Sheriff Charles Reader was chosen as his replacement.
“Once I was appointed, I could tell that there were still some issues” with Jenkins, Reader said.

The sheriff put Jenkins back on administrative leave and sent him to a mental-health professional.
When he was cleared to return, he headed to training on working with a dog and was paired with one named Gold.

Reader says JJ has issues, sends him to a mental health professional, then he gets a promotion as a K9 officer. At his arraignment the Judge puts a $100,000 bail, which he has to only pay $10,000 and got out, he's not allowed to drink or do drugs and will be tested. Psshh! His lawyer said it would be hard for him to pay that amount, but the judge won't lower it. The pretrial was set for April 22nd, haven't heard if it was held, and he's still not in custody. If the people who killed the Rhodens ever get caught, I hope the trial is moved, because it seems like the county is harder on people who smoke pot.

Interesting. I read much the same. What is missing from your version is the part the police union played in this scenario. I am not anti-Union BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue