OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt I would have the mind to remember a court hearing either. Not giving him an excuse, but if it was me, I would be in the same boat.

If you had nothing to do with the Rhodens you would remember. Things did not just stop that day. However....If u were involved, maybe you avoid court.

I think it's very odd that the 911 call for Kenneth didn't come on until after 1PM. Especially considering my husband was working in Piketon that day and called to tell me about it at 11AM. Despite the fact that KR was several miles away, I would think someone would have checked on him sooner considering he was CR's brother and immediate family. There's something strange about that whole deal.
Maybe they just assumed that he was working (I think he worked about an hour away) and that they'd not be able to reach him until later in the day when he got home. DS knew he was supposed to be up early to go to an auction. Maybe DS overslept and just figured he missed the trip to the auction and didn't think right away that he just might still be home.

If you had nothing to do with the Rhodens you would remember. Things did not just stop that day. However....If u were involved, maybe you avoid court.

Plus, wouldn't he have an attorney? Surely someone was keeping track of him and communicating with him.

Sheriff Reader. .... " in Pike County, we (the investigative team from my office and BCI) are setting a standard for this type of investigation because it just hasn’t been done anywhere,” said Reader. “There is no book of standard procedures for a crime nor crime scenes of this magnitude, so we are collectively doing everything so that no stone is left unturned.”

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_607dd780-b4bd-5b4f-9141-a6abbc7779c9.html

One thing I think I thought I might like about this site is the opportunity to discuss and, yes, dissect aspects of the case. While I understand having empathy for BJM, I don't think we need to get all in to defending her honor here. I feel the same way about anyone or anything we are allowed to discuss.

No one has defended BJM's "honor" on here that I have seen, and surely not me! Possibly you meant to reply to the original poster, but I am sure would agree that she is not defending BJM either. We do have a great forum here and yes, we rip the who, what, where, and whys of ANY case apart. With that being said, enjoy and carry on. BTW, welcome to the forum.

JJ still isn't dumb enough to use a weapon loaned to him by Junk. Also, there are different options for the weapon that aren't big and loud and I think some have been mentioned on other threads. I know I personally discussed on option back on thread 4 or 5. Several thousand posts ago :)

Yes, thanks, I agree - I believe I was a part of those discussions then as well. But I'm not sure about your "Junk weapon" assumption. He was "dumb" enough to shoot his neighbor in the head with one of them, or at least Rob Junk said he didn't know if it was one of the weapons he lent JJ (hinkey meter!) My point was only that Jenkins had once had a service Glock. I wouldn't be hard to get another on from somewhere. Imho, he has all the ingredients for a rogue cop extermination detail. That's all.

One thing I think I thought I might like about this site is the opportunity to discuss and, yes, dissect aspects of the case. While I understand having empathy for BJM, I don't think we need to get all in to defending her honor here. I feel the same way about anyone or anything we are allowed to discuss.

I'm not "defending her honor", I'm trying to look at it from all perspectives. There can be many reasons why actions taken were done, they can be criminal, they can be innocent. I like to try to point out WHY something may have been done a certain way, whether it makes them look suspicious or not.. Because we are allowed to discuss opinions and debate theories. Just because I'm usually not on the BJM did it bandwagon doesn't mean others can't be. As I said yesterday, it's okay to have differing opinions. It's okay to challenge each other. It's okay to debate and discuss different views. If we had the answers, we wouldn't be here. Some things are suspicious, some aren't as suspicious that I feel others try to make them to be. I go back and forth on what I feel like happened. I'm an analytical person, I come up with a theory of my own and I come up with something against it blowing it out of the water, that's just how my mind operates. I like to mention why something may have been handled one way, and that all of us are different and raised differently and we'd probably all have our own ways of handling things that are probably different than others.

All speculation.
The shipping weed across the country via post office has always seemed like a set up to me.
Really, who does that?
So, to whom it was shipped, and why, has always been a question in my mind. A set up.?
What did it accomplish and who was dragged into the net, even if from 6 degrees of separation. ?
I have no answers.
Questions.
Who in the mix of people we think are un named suspects ( in either case) has a tie to California? Anyone?
This could be a way to work it going backwards.

On on another point. I believe the date of April 22 held some unknown importance for Rhodens.
Because of Danas posts of asking for BH to look over them.
Because it seems as if all Rhoden men were gathered together for something on 22nd.
Gary lived elsewhere although fairly close by.
Kenneth called DS and asked him to come in and 'work on cars' . We assume this was code.
Someone/something specific caused them to gather together on night of 21st and
the early morning events of murder of all - was easily accomplished.

I'm leaning toward "work on cars" meant, work on cars, pick up cars, buy cars, sell cars, dream about cars, or just sit and look at cars. Look at the property, the car sale ads, the demo derby interests. . . This was a car family. I speak as a person who enjoys cars and motorcycles, quite a lot, but I cannot even come close to how much this family seemed to enjoyed them.

As far as Ruby pulling reward, he could of done it anonymously like a philanthropist would. He's a Business man with steaks to sell.

If you're going to arrive on an ATV, you'd probably not be worried about a silencer.

You can buy 'hunting mufflers' for atvs, makes them very quiet, but reduces power. I'd hate to have to make a getaway the same way, unless you can blend in as a hunter, load up and get out from wherever you unloaded.

I'm not defending her honor, I'm trying to look at it from all perspectives. There can be many reasons why actions taken were done, they can be criminal, they can be innocent. I like to try to point out WHY something may have been done a certain way, whether it makes them look suspicious or not.

I think I may need to go back and read the original post about this, as I am confused I think. I do recall replying Good post and the emoticon "ditto" LOL.

Gotcha. The reason I asked is because in videos I've seen of DeWine and Reader they imply that the FBI is not involved with the investigation and I believe they SHOULD be involved because I'm not convinced that county has the experience to adequately investigate the crime scenes. I suspect the FBI/DEA is offering their "advice/expertise" but not active in the investigation based on the quote below from the article linked.

"The FBI is not involved with the investigation at this time but is on standby, according to Reader." - http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Investigators-Several-dead-at-Pike-County-Ohio-home-376728131.html

That's exactly what I recall also about the FBI. FBI is not involved but on standby only if Local LE asks them. Its my opinion that LOCAL LE has not asked for FBI assistance. Also IMO FBI would gladly assist IF requested to

Do any any of the current friends/ family have the experience / knowledge to install the valve system? How difficult is this to do?

It's not all that sophisticated, said to be easier than meth. I watched it on youtube. The 14' tube on the house kinda shocked me though, would take a lot of butane for that.

This begs a question that may have already been answered within the threads regarding that 911 call. Did anyone hear a voice in the background within the last few seconds saying what sounded like "good job' after what sounded like "please don't hurt me"?

This is is about the third or fourth time I have listened to the 911 call. I'm pretty sure I heard "Please don't hurt me" at the end as reported by others here. She had finished her conversation w 911. Did she think the call had disconnected before she said this last thing?

I think I may need to go back and read the original post about this, as I am confused I think. I do recall replying Good post and the emoticon "ditto" LOL.

Original quote -

Exactly. Unfortunately anything that has happened is being picked apart in every aspect and it seems like BJM was damned if she did and damned if she didn't.

I DO believe BJM has more information than has been shared with the media, however I'm sure she has told LE far more. I can't jump on the BJM is guilty bandwagon. It's a theory, and I understand it, but I also think she was in a horrible situation that is under spotlight media and it's always suspicious for the first person that comes across something like that, but I believe she was hysterical and a hot mess and I don't think any of us would know how we would react until we were in that horrible situation. JMO.

And I still stand by it.

I'm not "defending her honor", I'm trying to look at it from all perspectives. There can be many reasons why actions taken were done, they can be criminal, they can be innocent. I like to try to point out WHY something may have been done a certain way, whether it makes them look suspicious or not.. Because we are allowed to discuss opinions and debate theories. Just because I'm usually not on the BJM did it bandwagon doesn't mean others can't be. As I said yesterday, it's okay to have differing opinions. It's okay to challenge each other. It's okay to debate and discuss different views. If we had the answers, we wouldn't be here. Some things are suspicious, some aren't as suspicious that I feel others try to make them to be. I go back and forth on what I feel like happened. I'm an analytical person, I come up with a theory of my own and I come up with something against it blowing it out of the water, that's just how my mind operates. I like to mention why something may have been handled one way, and that all of us are different and raised differently and we'd probably all have our own ways of handling things that are probably different than others.

I'm leaning toward "work on cars" meant, work on cars, pick up cars, buy cars, sell cars, dream about cars, or just sit and look at cars. Look at the property, the car sale ads, the demo derby interests. . . This was a car family. I speak as a person who enjoys cars and motorcycles, quite a lot, but I cannot even come close to how much this family seemed to enjoyed them.

Agree, they did love cars.
I meant "code" as in that is what DS said in interview and probably to LE for his reason for being in the area.
I would not have expected DS to admit to planning any other activity on that day.
On a normal day, "work on cars" probably meant just exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member