OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ColMustard
Alright, what constitutes it a carport frame over a greenhouse frame? eta- you search either one and you get the same jungle gym.

Yeesh dude, I've been trying to agree with you, but I won't be chastised here for having an opinion that is not offensive.

Good day!

well being that it's in front of a drive way right next to a home without a garage with a car parked next to it. With hundreds of cars on the property I see it easy to conclude its a carport. I do not see how one concludes with certainty it's a "green house frame" as you did with clear visible evidence. Good day

Don't know what else to tell you. Maybe cool your jets, slow down on posting, and go back reread all my posts on the subject.

So what... They coulda been growing marijuana in the carport too. Why so defensive about this?

eta- you search either one and you get the same jungle gym.

Ok, hoping I can speak in general without having to quote anyone....my first post :) I've been reading for days, just joined.

If the killers made an attempt to cover the crime scene, and they still don't have anyone in custody, I believe it's safe to say it is not IJ or RM, or any of the initial major players in the family making discoveries including BJM and DS, CH and CG, and 3 yr old's mom and 2 year old's dad just can't possibly have anything to do with it on this level. The family just doesn't seem to have the capacity to both commit the crime and be shocked, grieving family. This family and this community isn't like the big city or little cities, there was more denim at the funeral homes than in the Levi section, respectfully, this is a simpler lifestyle.

I believe the killers (multiple) entered through unlocked doors in the night (its the country, people don't lock their doors) and exited out the windows to make the discovery more complicated. Entering, locking the doors behind them, and then committing the crime... at a couple sites, the victims were alert enough to fight back, hence the bruising/tissue damage. More than one perp could over power two large grown men, even one person with a gun could be distracted or overpowered when 2 men are fighting for their lives. I believe the perps may have been waiting for the night that everyone was home and they were certain.

Just because KR was found last, doesn't mean he was killed last right? Except I do think the comment about the killers running out of bullets at the end makes sense. There seems to be discrepancy in some reports, were there $1000 on KR or $1 bills. Can anyone confirm?

The dogs: Oh my. They are animals, and you just don't know how animals will react. Whether they knew perps or not, they could have fled a the severity, been baited with meat, or sedated as has been hypothesized. They were definitely let outside through the door opening. I don't think they sat and chatted with perps then got into a dispute and suddenly the family was attacked. Regarding LE needing the KR dog to be subdued, I don't think that was because he was being ferocious, I think it was preventative.

UGH it sickens me to even talk about this awful, morbid murder in this way.

The drug cartels? No, they wouldn't have spared the children.

Do people kill entire families over cockfighting? I know, gambling... but wouldn't there be more townspeople discussing this?

Heres what I want: Texts and messages between the family members in the preceding week (I mean, who doesn't want that).
Were the dogs tested for sedatives on the day of the discovery?
Were there hens and roosters? Because people raise animals for food and would you pen a bunch of roosters together?
Looking at social media, you can see the family lived a very appropriate life for where they were. Has anyone seen HMR baby shower pictures, the relaxed nature of the family, they weren't on edge. Other family members would have known.

Yes, the cars seem to be a big deal to me, bigger than the grow op. Their lifestyle doesn't look like people who are sitting on a bunch of money. Also, having a baby shower and requesting items certain bigger items for HMR in the winter months, you just buy those things if you are sitting on drug money. (Though, I do wonder why she didn't still have those items from her 2 year old).

Also, what does anyone have on the restraining order for the woman who may have hit CRs. I think this is a big thing! That order was on 4/20, 2 days after DR's post about watching over her family and only a couple days later the family was murderer.

I don't have access to their social media, I only see what is public, however, more was visible in the initial days after the murders, before the public really started to get into the social media aspect. I looked immediately to get a sense of the family whose lives were ripped away, the children who may be unknowingly emotionally effected (I pray not). I can't wrap my head around the mothers who lay their with their babies, if they were even awake for it, which new moms sleep lightly.

The distance between homes, you may not have heard any shots. Also, their could have been something to prevent others from hearing.

Dogs also bark at passing animals in the night, maybe nothing to raise awareness.

I cannot figure out how the person got in and committed a crime in the fifth wheel, its so small. Did KR not get up? If he had cameras, surely his camper was locked?

The people who are upset about them taking the crime scenes: Ugh, if it were me, I would want the crime scenes preserved to ensure my family's killer was brought to justice. Like someone said, the OJ trial is a perfect example of why we need preservation for crimes. Thankfully, in this terrible situation, the homes were actually movable.
It think its really great that they say 8 members of the same family, although FR and HG weren't yet married, she was a real part of the family. I know people have said, what about the Gilley's ? I think everyone has thoughts or prayers for all of the families involved.

Who has acted strangely in the days after the murders? Who missed work? Acted off? Seemed distant? Went away for the weekend? SOMEONE in that town, or nearby, was shady, they HAD to be!

Sadly, I think the Rhoden Family could get more donations through their ******** if LE would find the real killers. I think people need to know their money isn't being donated to enable helping guilty people who brought something on themselves, if the Rhoden's were, in fact, guilty of something...nothing could be worth an entire family's lives.

Okay, I really hope I didn't break rules, please let me know and thank you for listening. People just aren't as into cases like you all and I are :/

edit: oh! And BJMs call, at the end, she says something about FR for sure!

Did you not see my post with two links in it? One for greenhouse and one for carport.

I already said, in that location it's probably a carport for them.

Anything else?

If you google greenhouse out of carport frame you get multiple hits for turning it into one. It might have been for cars, but doesn't matter it can still be used for greenhouse. Saw this cool greenhouse out of cattle panels, things people come up with are awesome!

I've been reading about this. I found a link I wanted to share and found you posted a few minutes ago.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ohio-famil...t-cockfighting-found-scenes/story?id=38674426

I was trying to count the gamecock shelters on the property. Next to Frankie's trailer and behind the big barn. How big of a barn do you suppose you would need to hold cockfights? I mean, it's kind of a big illegal deal in Ohio. And I've heard/read you can sell gamecocks for upwards of $1,000 each.

Years ago (I am 3 days older than dirt) chicken fighting was popular around here. I remember my older brothers going to some of those fights. They didn't have any chickens but I remember my parents being very upset they were going, there were many scoldings because they had lost their whole paychecks gambling on the fights. That's what made me think along these lines because a few years ago 3 men were killed over a chicken fight and my brother ( who outgrew those activities when his kids started coming along) told me the fights had gotten much more dangerous now, even to the point of murder because of the huge amount of money changing hands. I will ask him for his take on a connection between chicken fighting and these murders. Maybe he can give me some insight although anyone he knew back in those days have probably already passed away.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ColMustard
Alright, what constitutes it a carport frame over a greenhouse frame? eta- you search either one and you get the same jungle gym.

Yeesh dude, I've been trying to agree with you, but I won't be chastised here for having an opinion that is not offensive.

Good day!

Don't know what else to tell you. Maybe cool your jets, slow down on posting, and go back reread all my posts on the subject.

So what... They coulda been growing marijuana in the carport too. Why so defensive about this?

eta- you search either one and you get the same jungle gym.

Defensive because it makes zero sense. All the property all the buildings, put a green house for smelly weed plants in your front yard next to your front door? Even if every cop in a 300 mile radius is on board with what your doing someone is still going to rob you period. If the cops look the other way (paid to or not) you don't rub it in their face. Anyway clearly my strong opinion the last thing that structure ever was is a green house for weed.

I think we are all frustrated with lack of information and are running out of ideas and things to talk about and are to the point where we are picking apart every single little detail and growing more frustrated.

Even if it was a greenhouse, plenty of people out here have greenhouses in the country, lots of people grow some veggies for themselves, things like that. It definitely wouldn't absolutely mean it's where they grew pot, otherwise, I should really start checking out my neighbors properties, though I would assume I would smell it driving by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard any more about the green Chrysler that was supposedly chasing Kenny Rhoden according to the 911 call a day after the family was slain? The news reported that he gave the license plate number. Google Kenny Rhodens 911 call. Who among the people questioned owns a green Chrysler? Who was Kenny in relation to the other family members? Is he being protected?

I think we are all frustrated with lack of information and are running out of ideas and things to talk about and are to the point where we are picking apart every single little detail and growing more frustrated.

Even if it was a greenhouse, plenty of people out here have greenhouses in the country, lots of people grow some veggies for themselves, things like that. It definitely wouldn't absolutely mean it's where they grew pot, otherwise I should really start checking out my neighbors properties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are spot on mrssmith!! We need more to look at. Totally agree. Sorry for my rant. I don't care what it is.

Has anyone heard any more about the green Chrysler that was supposedly chasing Kenny Rhoden according to the 911 call a day after the family was slain? The news reported that he gave the license plate number. Google Kenny Rhodens 911 call. Who among the people questioned owns a green Chrysler? Who was Kenny in relation to the other family members? Is he being protected?

this is constructive.

I think you are spot on mrssmith!! We need more to look at. Totally agree. Sorry for my rant. I don't care what it is.

No worries. People get frustrated with me because I play devils advocate. I do it because we have so little information that I pick apart everything and think of every single possibility. And it's VERY frustrating to have such little information and skepticism for the rest.. And some have dug information from public records and FB and lots of things we can't say and it's hard with the VERY few details we have and the VERY different lifestyles we all live to see things the same. It's also VERY hard to convey tone over the Internet. It happens. We are all wanting answers. Whether it has to do with pot, chickens, cartels, shatter labs, cars, family, business, co workers, silencers, ATV's, motorcycles, electric cars, uranium, chop shops, revenge, jealousy, teenagers, angry woman, LE, it's all just because we have to start picking apart everything down to what type of 911 calls they were, why people were found at the times they were, why people were with other people, why houses were entered in the order they were, just everything is SO up in the air. Not everyone understands country lifestyle, not everyone lives the same country lifestyle. It's frustrating. Can you tell I'm frustrated!!?

Just local kids
http://www.fox19.com/story/31824729...calls-911-fearful-for-his-life-after-killings

fights had gotten much more dangerous now, even to the point of murder because of the huge amount of money changing hands.

That's the issue more-so than becoming desensitized over fighting the chickens, imo. Same with any other illegal gambling. It gets dangerous sometimes. I've seen friendly poker games become unfriendly (not to the point of murder though).

And law enforcement, it's time for some kind of update. The towns needs it & family living elsewhere need it too. Not to mention my need to know basis because a family member lives near this. No connection to any of the Rhoden family. Just the same county as part of this happened in.

jmo

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/family-waverly-mom-has-been-missing-almost-two-weeks

There was a link given earlier of a Waverly home health nurse and mother of three children is missing. Jessica Underwood-Staten had been caring for clients, but has now disappeared according to her family. The site had her last name spelled wrong, she's been missing almost two weeks, and Waverly Police and the Pike County Prosecutor are looking into Jessica's disappearance. She does have past drug charges. I thought maybe we can remember this, you never know things that can tie into the Rhodens and another thing Pike County is dealing with right now.

Defensive because it makes zero sense. All the property all the buildings, put a green house for smelly weed plants in your front yard next to your front door? Even if every cop in a 300 mile radius is on board with what your doing someone is still going to rob you period. If the cops look the other way (paid to or not) you don't rub it in their face. Anyway clearly my strong opinion the last thing that structure ever was is a green house for weed.

My last post to you on this subject, no sense wasting any more bandwidth on it.

I never, ever, said they used it as a greenhouse, at least not until much later in our discussion, and that wasn't serious. My original response was to answer a member's question about what that mass of pipes was about, and apparently that poster comprehended my response and expressed appreciation for the answer (and you're welcome btw).. It's a greenhouse frame, carport frame, it's a muffler for a monster truck with 25 engines. It's whatever you can find a purpose to use it as. It can be an outhouse or a cat house, it can be a patio, enclosure for a hot tub or EZ-up pool. But I said a long time ago, for that location it's probably a carport.

Obviously, nobody with much sense would place a grow op that close to their front porch or the road. See, I just agreed with you, again.

Can we let this go now? You win.

I've not heard anymore about that. KWR is a brother to GR, and the son of a Kentucky KR who, along with his s.o., DL, had their own set of problems, in KY. KR of Ky's father, is a brother to CR1's father, ClarenceR. I hope that makes sense.

I don't know what happened for sure, but, something was sketchy w/the guys who were "joyriding" too. They rode out into the middle of nowhere, to that road, nearly and hour out of their way, where they were met by people not allowing them to pass, telling them to get off of their property, and they said the Rhodens had various type weapons, at least one gun, IIRC, and yet they did not call the police on these people who have tried to attack them for simply driving down the road. They just went home and vented about it on FB. Not all adding up for me.

Me either. Could they have been out there to collect money owed to them?

Last word I heard on it, the news update said it was high school kids. Don't recall the exact wording, they were... hot rodding around? playing in traffic? The report seemed to indicate there was no malicious intent. Accurate? I do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member