OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think these are murder/suicides, people just don't go slaughtering a whole family and miles apart like that and we already know certain people were in and out of those houses that day. I feel like we're dragging this poor family through the mud and half the stuff I have read sounds like nonsense to me. I know everyone's just trying to come up with scenarios but most of it's really far fetched.
I honestly feel if this was the case, it would have already been solved by now by LE and the case closed.

RSBM. It's pretty common for drugs to be mailed by USPS. All packages require a warrant to be opened, compared to private carriers like UPS/Fedex. Most people aren't sending one huge package, but multiple smaller ones when it comes to flowers (buds). When it comes to concentrates (oil, shatter, hash), they can send exponentially more due to the size/weight ratio.

I've met some people who travel for legitimate sales jobs, and they mail "care packages" addressed to themselves at the hotels they will be visiting. As long as everything is packed securely and sealed with a quality vacuum sealer, detection is unlikely.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

this is true...I work at the post office where I live...we had an express mail package come through a while ago...it was discovered because it was damaged....it goes to the postal inspectors to deal with....they wore a uniform and attempted to deliver it...when customer accepted it they were arrested.

Kind of sounds like a movie. A big illegal package like that makes it all the way from Calif to Ohio without being detected and Wham, it's discovered by the Sheriff. Amazing!

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...lie-reader-pike-county-mass-murders/83559628/

"Since Reader has been sheriff, Price says the effort to catch drug dealers has "exploded." He estimates he’s signed more than twice the amount of search warrants related to drug investigations and buys than in his first few years as judge, most of them using undercover officers and confidential informants.

One of those cases involved the late-January discovery of a "shatter lab" in Piketon, which has not yet yielded charges. In March, Reader and deputies tracked a robbery suspect into Kentucky, where the man, and his alleged accomplices, were arrested."

Reader says he knew the Rhoden family, with all those arrests, search warrants, investigations in a small community using undercover officers and informants he didn't know the Rhodens had three grow ops on their properties? I think the dept has 13 deputies, how many are undercover I wonder. I guess the address to who the package was going to got lost along the way, because there haven't been any charges yet.

Years ago (I am 3 days older than dirt) chicken fighting was popular around here. I remember my older brothers going to some of those fights. They didn't have any chickens but I remember my parents being very upset they were going, there were many scoldings because they had lost their whole paychecks gambling on the fights. That's what made me think along these lines because a few years ago 3 men were killed over a chicken fight and my brother ( who outgrew those activities when his kids started coming along) told me the fights had gotten much more dangerous now, even to the point of murder because of the huge amount of money changing hands. I will ask him for his take on a connection between chicken fighting and these murders. Maybe he can give me some insight although anyone he knew back in those days have probably already passed away.

This case is so amazing because of all the possible good theories.

I agree that some sort of connection to chicken fights could be one of the reasons why the murders happened.

When I was very young I had learned about them in my area. I thankfully never attended one but heard lots about them.
People may not realize that the owners of the chickens at the actual fights will strap on metal sharp spurs onto the chickens feet before they let 2 of them go at it during a chicken fight. Its pretty brutal.

It is sickening and upsetting for me to even think about it now and I find it very sad that it still goes on.

We have totally lost sight of the point. The pic/question was posted by someone wondering if this sort of contraption might be what a shatter apparatus looks like. I think we have pretty thoroughly ruled that out.

Right was looking for any sort of pipe tubing that may have been used as pipe tubing in a shatter lab.

I do thank everyone for explaining what that contraption was. Sorry the subject took on a life of its own. But it is good we figured out what that thing was. And I didn't see too many missing pipes from it so I dont think that particular one was disassembled for any other use. Most of the frame was still there.

A thought. I wonder if LE has searched the power-line right of way. Looking at google earth, the high voltage power line right of way basically connects all scenes.

I still think these are murder/suicides, people just don't go slaughtering a whole family and miles apart like that and we already know certain people were in and out of those houses that day. I feel like we're dragging this poor family through the mud and half the stuff I have read sounds like nonsense to me. I know everyone's just trying to come up with scenarios but most of it's really far fetched.
It would seem like that, but then who is the suicide, is someone missing from the family offsite from where they would have killed the family? Bc they would have found a gun and bullets right there and ballistics would have shown. :/

Let's say 8 of my family were murdered at 4 locations.

Let's say some of us maybe all
had security cameras and trail cams.

Let's say after our deaths that a family member says the killer/killers removed all cameras and trail cams.

A. What does that say about the killers i.e. Familiarity of our properties?

B. How would killers in the dark find all the trail cams, Are there more than one on a property? I don't know anything about trail cams.

C. Wouldn't it be difficult in the middle of the night for killer/killers to locate all trail cams? Aren't they placed in the woods for hunting? Like killing someone then going in the woods hunting for them. Doesn't make sense.

D. How did they know about the cameras and trail cams? Had to IMO know my families and our surroundings pretty well.

E. What if it's true?

Curiouser and curiouser

Questions more questions

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, that's where I suspect the package from CA was a set-up. The story is that a post office worker called in the Sheriff because the package smelled to her like marijuana. Then the dog they brought in alerted. Odds are someone engaging in an operation the size that was reported would know how to be unobtrusive.

Somethin' def don't smell right, though.
I am thinking it smells like oregano and cayenne pepper... 😎

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Pondering again. All these cars, the ganja, the roosters, the gosh only knows what else....I don't see LE not charging surviving family members who had knowledge. When that happens, they will start talking.

Oh, I'm sure people could lose their paychecks (they'll do that at the track and that's legal). I've heard of people losing their homes. I don't really see the fights going on there but it is possible. From what I could see they didn't have huge numbers of chickens but it was hard to tell w/all the brush, cars, trees, etc...

There's 9 pens by Frankie's trailer and there's more behind the big barn. I'm thinking at least 14 or 15 on that property. I'm not sure what the average number is, but it seems high just to me.

Let's say after our deaths that a family member says the killer/killers removed all cameras and trail cams.

B. How would killers in the dark find all the trail cams, Are there more than one on a property? I don't know anything about trail cams.

C. Wouldn't it be difficult in the middle of the night for killer/killers to locate all trail cams? Aren't they placed in the woods for hunting? Like killing someone then going in the woods hunting for them. Doesn't make sense.

D. How did they know about the cameras and trail cams? Had to IMO know my families and our surroundings pretty well.

E. What if it's true?

Curiouser and curiouser

Questions more questions

IMO

ive made the same point multiple times. Everyone is going to deep in opposite directions that don't make sense. This crime was committed by someone familiar with the family, someone local. Possibly more than one person of course.

I could right now commit this same crime easily in the same type of rural area over night if I am familiar with the properties and the victims. Easily.

*Who would know timing wise to wait until DR was off of her unexpected 11pm double?

I also stated previously that that the hardest person to get evidence on is the person who's DNA would naturally be all over all 4 locations due to them being familiar and personable with the victims.

Pondering again. All these cars, the ganja, the roosters, the gosh only knows what else....I don't see LE not charging surviving family members who had knowledge. When that happens, they will start talking.

I don't think they can charge you for knowing something.They would have to live there and be active in the growing.Think about how that would work out if you got charged every time you knew something or someone "thought" you knew something!

E. What if it's true?

Curiouser and curiouser

Questions more questions

IMO

Even though they were trail cams it doesn't mean they were in the woods. They could have been in front of a building in plain sight. They could have been inside of a house.

I don't think they can charge you for knowing something.They would have to live there and be active in the growing.Think about how that would work out if you got charged every time you knew something or someone "thought" you knew something!

Ok by " know something" I mean tending plants, running the ganga, etc....you know, the others that were apart of the family business.

It would seem like that, but then who is the suicide, is someone missing from the family offsite from where they would have killed the family? Bc they would have found a gun and bullets right there and ballistics would have shown. :/

No one knows what ballistics show or if gun shot residue was present on anyone. Nothing has been disclosed. Someone could have driven any where after the murders and committed suicide. We don't know if someone is missing from the families' circles. There could have been a secret lover. It sounds like KR is the only possibility of those known about but I don't know what his motive might have been. Nothing much has been said about how he and the rest of the victims got along. Nothing much has been said about how Chris Sr. and his brothers and sisters got along...

Even though they were trail cams it doesn't mean they were in the woods. They could have been in front of a building in plain sight. They could have been inside of a house.

Gotcha thanks

Still had to know they had them and where they were beforehand IMO

Might have made a list before hand I guess, get this, get that. Had to be pretty calm to get everything during the murders.

ive made the same point multiple times. Everyone is going to deep in opposite directions that don't make sense. This crime was committed by someone familiar with the family, someone local. Possibly more than one person of course.

I could right now commit this same crime easily in the same type of rural area over night if I am familiar with the properties and the victims. Easily.

*Who would know timing wise to wait until DR was off of her unexpected 11pm double?

I also stated previously that that the hardest person to get evidence on is the person who's DNA would naturally be all over all 4 locations due to them being familiar and personable with the victims.

Agree with everything you said.

There's 9 pens by Frankie's trailer and there's more behind the big barn. I'm thinking at least 14 or 15 on that property. I'm not sure what the average number is, but it seems high just to me.

I wonder if too much is being made of the roosters on the property. People breed, show, and sell all kinds of chickens. There are swap meets for people that breed and sell chickens, guineas, peafowl, etc.. People breed them for certain colors and feather types. They are very popular for extra income in the Amish communities. Also, you don't get roosters without hens so you get free eggs...

I wonder if too much is being made of the roosters on the property. People breed, show, and sell all kinds of chickens. There are swap meets for people that breed and sell chickens, guineas, peafowl, etc.. People breed them for certain colors and feather types. They are very popular for extra income in the Amish communities. Also, you don't get roosters without hens so you get free eggs...

These are fighting roosters. Not your everyday laying hens. I'm sorry, I'm not understanding your last sentence. If I'm reading it right .... (sorry I'm so groggy this morning) ... you don't need roosters for hens to lay eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member