OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive made the same point multiple times. Everyone is going to deep in opposite directions that don't make sense. This crime was committed by someone familiar with the family, someone local. Possibly more than one person of course.

I could right now commit this same crime easily in the same type of rural area over night if I am familiar with the properties and the victims. Easily.

*Who would know timing wise to wait until DR was off of her unexpected 11pm double?

I also stated previously that that the hardest person to get evidence on is the person who's DNA would naturally be all over all 4 locations due to them being familiar and personable with the victims.

Her working late may not have changed anything if the plan was 4:00 am. for the murders. Also not knowing the times of death could change things greatly.

These are fighting roosters. Not your everyday laying hens. I'm sorry, I'm not understanding your last sentence. If I'm reading it right .... (sorry I'm so groggy this morning) ... you don't need roosters for hens to lay eggs.

It doesn't matter if they are fighting roosters. If you are breeding them to sell you need roosters, hens, and eggs. You don't get eggs that will hatch without roosters or artificial insemination. And yes, artificial insemination is used for birds, especially turkeys...

It doesn't matter if they are fighting roosters. If you are breeding them to sell you need roosters, hens, and eggs. You don't get eggs that will hatch without roosters or artificial insemination. And yes, artificial insemination is used for birds, especially turkeys...

Oh, okay. I missed the breeding to sell you were talking about. They still had a lot of fighting roosters on the property. Whether or not they were breeding them, I wouldn't venture to guess.

Since the road has opened back up, I'm going to drive by. I'm curious to see what's left (cars, etc) and to see if anyone is there..

I wonder if too much is being made of the roosters on the property. People breed, show, and sell all kinds of chickens. There are swap meets for people that breed and sell chickens, guineas, peafowl, etc.. People breed them for certain colors and feather types. They are very popular for extra income in the Amish communities. Also, you don't get roosters without hens so you get free eggs...

Hens lay eggs on their own. No rooster required.

Since the road has opened back up, I'm going to drive by. I'm curious to see what's left (cars, etc) and to see if anyone is there..

Best news I've heard! Please report back.

Even though they were trail cams it doesn't mean they were in the woods. They could have been in front of a building in plain sight. They could have been inside of a house.

I agree because I had not seen reference to trail cameras in this link. It says "network of cameras" so not sure if there is another article that talked about other cameras. I am thinking the cameras were all easily found by whoever found the recorder since they must have all been hooked up together to it by either wires of some other way. This is based on this articles information about them being tied together so he could monitor. Its the way I take it anyway.

The article seems to confirm some other things that were discussed though. If I am reading it right the witness is saying dollar bills were found near the dead person he found. Its like the newspaper interviewed him and he must have confirmed that if I am reading this right.
So that would be lots of dollar bills to make 1000.00.

"He said that Rhoden was worried about security at his home and had installed a network of cameras to record and alert him to visitors
"

"Stone said after he had discovered his cousin's body and the dollar bills and dialed 911, police asked him to subdue the 'ferocious' pit bull so they could enter and examine the camper."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...hunt-for-killer(s)-14&p=12573336#post12573336

Hens lay eggs on their own. No rooster required.

You need a rooster if you want the eggs to hatch into another chicken. They will be infertile eggs if they don't have a rooster.

Its true hens lay eggs on their own but they are infertile and wont hatch without rooster.

This case is so amazing because of all the possible good theories.

I agree that some sort of connection to chicken fights could be one of the reasons why the murders happened.

When I was very young I had learned about them in my area. I thankfully never attended one but heard lots about them.
People may not realize that the owners of the chickens at the actual fights will strap on metal sharp spurs onto the chickens feet before they let 2 of them go at it during a chicken fight. Its pretty brutal.

It is sickening and upsetting for me to even think about it now and I find it very sad that it still goes on.

BBM. I totally agree with you. How in the world anyone can see that as a "sport" is beyond my realm of thinking. It's just sad and sickening.

Kind of sounds like a movie. A big illegal package like that makes it all the way from Calif to Ohio without being detected and Wham, it's discovered by the Sheriff. Amazing!

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...lie-reader-pike-county-mass-murders/83559628/

"Since Reader has been sheriff, Price says the effort to catch drug dealers has "exploded." He estimates he’s signed more than twice the amount of search warrants related to drug investigations and buys than in his first few years as judge, most of them using undercover officers and confidential informants.

One of those cases involved the late-January discovery of a "shatter lab" in Piketon, which has not yet yielded charges. In March, Reader and deputies tracked a robbery suspect into Kentucky, where the man, and his alleged accomplices, were arrested."

Reader says he knew the Rhoden family, with all those arrests, search warrants, investigations in a small community using undercover officers and informants he didn't know the Rhodens had three grow ops on their properties? I think the dept has 13 deputies, how many are undercover I wonder. I guess the address to who the package was going to got lost along the way, because there haven't been any charges yet.

Reading through some of the last few posts and associated news links, one is struck by the situations that have arisen with Pike County deputies from time to time in the recent past. Add to that the horrendous crimes allegedly done by JJ Jenkins. Looks like long standing problems. What are the job requirements for a deputy position in Pike County? I am assuming background checks are required and paid attention to in the hiring process. And, it really would be interesting to know how the local police union seems to become so involved in defending a bad apple. And take note, as in my own community, they end up finding top notch criminal lawyers to defend them.

Let's say 8 of my family were murdered at 4 locations.

Let's say some of us maybe all
had security cameras and trail cams.

Let's say after our deaths that a family member says the killer/killers removed all cameras and trail cams.

A. What does that say about the killers i.e. Familiarity of our properties?

B. How would killers in the dark find all the trail cams, Are there more than one on a property? I don't know anything about trail cams.

C. Wouldn't it be difficult in the middle of the night for killer/killers to locate all trail cams? Aren't they placed in the woods for hunting? Like killing someone then going in the woods hunting for them. Doesn't make sense.

D. How did they know about the cameras and trail cams? Had to IMO know my families and our surroundings pretty well.

E. What if it's true?

Curiouser and curiouser

Questions more questions

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This reinforces my DS theory, that he found KR earlier, took some money from a hiding spot, and then staged the dropped bills like they dropped some, then took the cams. He then gets LR to check on KR w/him (He and KR were supposed to be gone that morning remember?) and then they "find" KR for the "first" time. He and BJM know more than they're telling. IMO.

You need a rooster if you want the eggs to hatch into another chicken. They will be infertile eggs if they don't have a rooster.

Its true hens lay eggs on their own but they are infertile and wont hatch without rooster.

I think we're trying to establish you don't necessarily have to breed gamecocks to fight them. The two aren't mutually inclusive. Not directed at you, per se, just trying to make a minor point of what I've been saying.

This reinforces my DS theory, that he found KR earlier, took some money from a hiding spot, and then staged the dropped bills like they dropped some, then took the cams. He then gets LR to check on KR w/him (He and KR were supposed to be gone that morning remember?) and then they "find" KR for the "first" time. He and BJM know more than they're telling. IMO.

Click here: Sizing Up the Rhoden Family Murders

You might find this article interesting.

BBM. I totally agree with you. How in the world anyone can see that as a "sport" is beyond my realm of thinking. It's just sad and sickening.

It makes me sick at my stomach to read about it. It's a blood sport is what stands out to me, fight to the death. Cheer for death, bet on death. To me, it's just not much of a leap to have no issues murdering people when you're immersed in that environment. I can't imagine.

How about if you are breeding them to fight? I didn't see any evidence of hens on the property and I have went back to look twice now. Maybe someone else can see if there is a area that could be a chicken coop for the hens?

This leads me to believe they were not breeding them at all, but buying them to fight. IMO

How about if you are breeding them to fight? I didn't see any evidence of hens on the property and I have went back to look twice now. Maybe someone else can see if there is a area that could be a chicken coop for the hens?

This leads me to believe they were not breeding them at all, but buying them to fight. IMO

Thank you!!!

It makes me sick at my stomach to read about it. It's a blood sport is what stands out to me, fight to the death. Cheer for death, bet on death. To me, it's just not much of a leap to have no issues murdering people when you're immersed in that environment. I can't imagine.

Any type cruelty to animals does it for me. Not only chicken fighting but also dog fighting and even wrestling and boxing, that many people cheer on. Suffice it to say WWF is not my favorite show.

Not sure for a fact if he was at home but I am thinking he was.

If this is the case, and I have no idea if it is or not, it would seem to have significant implications and would have an impact on the dynamics of this case. We have discussed how there was a core group of Rhodens targeted, primarily the immediate family of CRSr., his cousin, GR, and then his brother, KR, some miles away at a different location. The killer(s) were efficient and through. It has also been suggested that a possible reason for such complete killing would be to prevent retaliation, or to completely eliminate those that could identify, or just knew too much, or were involved in some situation that could have brought this about.
It seems to me that these conjectures would also apply to another nearby family member, another brother of CRSr. If this immediate family member was spared, one wonders why? Would he not have been involved with the activities of his immediate family? If those who were killed knew something that they had to be eliminated for, why would the other brother, right there on the same road as KR, not also have similar knowledge and need to also be targeted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24