OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's 9 pens by Frankie's trailer and there's more behind the big barn. I'm thinking at least 14 or 15 on that property. I'm not sure what the average number is, but it seems high just to me.
Is there substantial evidence that there were chicken fights or just a theory by LE? Maybe they were
just raising chickens.

I still think these are murder/suicides, people just don't go slaughtering a whole family and miles apart like that and we already know certain people were in and out of those houses that day. I feel like we're dragging this poor family through the mud and half the stuff I have read sounds like nonsense to me. I know everyone's just trying to come up with scenarios but most of it's really far fetched.
Early on I kept thinking that maybe it was murder/suicide and DS possibly tried to cover up the suicide, making it harder to figure out. My thought was that he might of done it just to protect his "friend", and nothing else. I didn't think he had any other involvement.

Even if there are no "outward" signs of suicide, there would of been (a ton of) gun powder residue and the trajectory of the bullet that killed the suicide victim, and that is something that would of been known within days. If there was anything that indicated murder/suicide then this case would of been solved and closed 3 weeks ago. At this point there is no way this is a murder suicide. The public would eat LE alive if they've been sitting on this.

Does anyone have any thoughts about Gary Rhoden?

Any facts?

He has not been discussed much. Not much out there on him.

I remain very suspicious of why he spent the night
at CR Sr home when he lived fairly close by.

I don't find it suspicious that he would stay the night. It's been stated that CRsr & GR were good friends as well as cousins.

I used to live about 45 minutes from my best friend and would be at her house for dinner or just to hang out. Depending on how late it got I often ended up staying the night rather than drive home on back roads in the middle of the night. It just wasn't a big deal,.

Is there substantial evidence that there were chicken fights or just a theory by LE? Maybe they were
just raising chickens.

LE mentioned gamecocks. Those are gamecock pens. It's really not a chicken house.

just raising chickens.

That was my initial thought as well, and it's still possible that they simply had chickens. Except if they were "just raising chickens" then why the little individual rooster tents? (I have no idea what those things are called, so tents they are).

I know many people who have chickens, roosters included, and none of them use those little tents. Not a single one.

Personally, I don't find it that odd for LE not to have known about the grow op or any other potential illegal activities going on in such a remote area. If they were never called to the location, they probably didn't stay off of the main roads very often. My son was visiting his father in a very rural area of southern Ohio in Franklin county a few years ago. There was an accidental discharge inside the home, involving my son, who was only 11 at the time. To me and my local la enforcement, that's was child endangering. It was reported to the Franklin county S. O. and was told it would be checked out. Well, since it has rained quite a lot the day before, the road was too muddy for them to get their vehicle up the side steep road, so they just let it go as if nothing happened. Thank god no one was physically hurt, but my son suffers from anxiety and PTSD since then. (His dad was letting him load the gun by himself and the hammer slipped and went off.)

i say all this to point out, as I said, rural, southern Ohio LE probably wouldn't go off the main roads often without a reason they deemed important.

Could be that only CR1 and KR were into whatever got them killed and the other 2 brothers were not. They may have had some inkling of what their brothers were doing but have distanced themselves from it. This happens more than you think. Two brothers are closer and get into some illegal activities while the other two go to work everyday and church on Sundays and stay home with their wives at night. The killer may not have known about them or if they did know, they knew the other two didn't have in depth knowledge about what was going on. I think this was a very concentrated core group of family members within a family that included CR1, KR, GR, FR and DR along with BJM and DS. If you notice within that group there is two brothers, a father and son, two cousins, two sisters and an ex sister-in-law. These could have been family members that were drawn into a particular area of interest. This is very common in large families. I know this because I am from a very large family myself and I know that certain members of my family hang out with each other more than they do the rest of the family because of common interests. This is not to say there was a rift in the family or even a division.

Yes, but, why were CR1's children murdered, yet KR's children not? I've not found that GR had any children.

As as totally interesting as this topic is, I think it distracts from the overall focus. There appears to be many potentially illegal activities in which the Rhodens may or may have not been involved. The primary question about this, IMO, is how all of this could go on right under the nose of LE. That, it seems, to me, should be addressed in any final resolution to these murders.

It probably wasn't. Someone probably knew or suspected, but, they had murders and thefts to deal with and this looked to be folks growing pot (and again, right now that's all we know that it was). People who stick to pot in small towns seem to be overlooked a lot of times until they decide to expand into something else, really bad.

That was my initial thought as well, and it's still possible that they simply had chickens. Except if they were "just raising chickens" then why the little individual rooster tents? (I have no idea what those things are called, so tents they are).

I know many people who have chickens, roosters included, and none of them use those little tents. Not a single one.
Game roosters will fight each other w/o any assistance from humans if you don't separate them. The bad part comes when humans put spurs on them.

I think we're trying to establish you don't necessarily have to breed gamecocks to fight them. The two aren't mutually inclusive. Not directed at you, per se, just trying to make a minor point of what I've been saying.

It was noted at some time that the roosters can be worth up to $1,000 so breeding them to sell can be lucrative...

I disagree. There are a slew of actions which may speak to motive. At this time, we don't know the who, we don't know the why. Any theory using what we know from MSM is worth fleshing out.

Got it. For me though, beta fighting fish are totally irrelevant to this discussion.

I have a hunch LE are drawing a bead on the suspect (or more likely suspects) as we post. This is why LE have been holding the details and releasing very little in MOO.

The motive to murder 8 people in the same family would be very select and shrinks the pool significantly I believe. I think it just has to be either for economic reasons or vendetta reasons factoring in the 'execution' M.O. Surely this leads to a very tiny number of possible suspects?

I'd wager arrests might not be too far away with LE just taking time (considering magnitude of the case) to cross the t's and dot the i's.

Personally, I don't find it that odd for LE not to have known about the grow op or any other potential illegal activities going on in such a remote area. If they were never called to the location, they probably didn't stay off of the main roads very often. My son was visiting his father in a very rural area of southern Ohio in Franklin county a few years ago. There was an accidental discharge inside the home, involving my son, who was only 11 at the time. To me and my local la enforcement, that's was child endangering. It was reported to the Franklin county S. O. and was told it would be checked out. Well, since it has rained quite a lot the day before, the road was too muddy for them to get their vehicle up the side steep road, so they just let it go as if nothing happened. Thank god no one was physically hurt, but my son suffers from anxiety and PTSD since then. (His dad was letting him load the gun by himself and the hammer slipped and went off.)

i say all this to point out, as I said, rural, southern Ohio LE probably wouldn't go off the main roads often without a reason they deemed important.

The Sheriff Department in any county doesn't go looking for crime normally. They will check out tips or do traffic surveillance if there are complaints...

Her working late may not have changed anything if the plan was 4:00 am. for the murders. Also not knowing the times of death could change things greatly.

maybe it didn't. Maybe I'm wrong.... So if your theory is that they did not know she got off at that time than you are calling it a coincidence.

so I guess it was a coincidence that the children were left unharmed?

i guess it was a coincidence that they knew where all four locations were.

i guess it is a coincidence that they knew where the cameras were or that they even existed.

I guess it is coincidence that they somehow entered all of the homes without being noticed or heard by any of the 8 victims.

i guess it is coincidence that they bypassed the dogs somehow .

I could go on... Just an awful lot of " coincidence " for a theory that supports it was not someone local and or personal with the victims.

z

Well, that's a problem as I see it. Also, as we continue on down this road, it may be more important. LE has an obligation to monitor their area, large and small for illegal activity. And from many reports growing MJ for personal use was was/is wide spread. If you don't like the law, change it, but spare me rationalizing breaking it.

Kind of sounds like a movie. A big illegal package like that makes it all the way from Calif to Ohio without being detected and Wham, it's discovered by the Sheriff. Amazing!

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...lie-reader-pike-county-mass-murders/83559628/

"Since Reader has been sheriff, Price says the effort to catch drug dealers has "exploded." He estimates he’s signed more than twice the amount of search warrants related to drug investigations and buys than in his first few years as judge, most of them using undercover officers and confidential informants.

One of those cases involved the late-January discovery of a "shatter lab" in Piketon, which has not yet yielded charges. In March, Reader and deputies tracked a robbery suspect into Kentucky, where the man, and his alleged accomplices, were arrested."

Reader says he knew the Rhoden family, with all those arrests, search warrants, investigations in a small community using undercover officers and informants he didn't know the Rhodens had three grow ops on their properties? I think the dept has 13 deputies, how many are undercover I wonder. I guess the address to who the package was going to got lost along the way, because there haven't been any charges yet.

I believe that they followed the recipient home, where they discovered the shatter operation. The fact that there have been no arrests suggests to me that LE is focused up the chain.

Now just suppose for the sake of argument that it was someone in the R family who was followed home from the Post Office. The lack of immediate arrests, along with the Sheriff's statements (that this was part of something bigger and they would be continuing to investigate) would certainly be making some folks nervous about what LE might know, what they had been told, how close they might be to making an arrest, etc.

IMO, that's the sort of thing that starts to look like motive. Not only silencing some folks in the know, but also scaring the pants off of anyone else who might be willing to save their skin by talking to LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper