OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the roosters

If at least one member of the Rhoden family sold roosters (saw pics on FB of several being sold for 75.00 each which included a hen) then I believe they were being raised to sell maybe for cockfighting not cockfighting at the Rhoden locations.

Jmo of the roosters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sheriff Department in any county doesn't go looking for crime normally. They will check out tips or do traffic surveillance if there are complaints...

Please...don't belittle this point. The Sheriff's Department IS LE. That's the point.

maybe it didn't. Maybe I'm wrong.... So if your theory is that they did not know she got off at that time than you are calling it a coincidence.

so I guess it was a coincidence that the children were left unharmed?

i guess it was a coincidence that they knew where all four locations were.

i guess it is a coincidence that they knew where the cameras were or that they even existed.

I guess it is coincidence that they somehow entered all of the homes without being noticed or heard by any of the 8 victims.

i guess it is coincidence that they bypassed the dogs somehow .

I could go on... Just an awful lot of " coincidence " for a theory that supports it was not someone local and or personal with the victims.

Putting a lot into what I didn't say. What I DID say is that if the plan was to kill her family at 4:00 am, the killers didn't need to know or care if she worked late. If the plan had been 10:00 pm, it would have made a difference.

Putting a lot into what I didn't say. What I DID say is that if the plan was to kill her family at 4:00 am, the killers didn't need to know or care if she worked late. If the plan had been 10:00 pm, it would have made a difference.

I mu really wasn't concerned with what you "didn't say" I made my point.

My point was for the group to think about.. Nothing personal.

My biggest problem with the trail cams is that I simply don't know squat about them--how they work, what they are used for, how easily they might be disabled, etc, etc, etc.

Love to hear more.

But--I'm also not sure how solid our info is regarding said cameras. Do we have anything beyond rumor in terms of who had them, where they had them, if they were actually disabled/stolen and so on?

Also want to put in my personal plug--even if the trigger was pulled by someone close-in/local/knowledgeable, that doesn't mean that they were the ones with a primary motive.

I've wondered if DR's double shift was unfamiliar that night and it got her and the kids murdered. I've checked in w/family when I've gotten off work late. She could have called CR1 to let him know she was on her way home, and he's told her he's at the work trailer w/ so & so. She may have even seen he wasn't at their house and drove down to his work trailer and seen this person there. Exchanged a few words and went home. When the bad stuff happened, the assailant(s) would have to take out everyone who saw them, or in the case of the kids, potentially were told about them.

That bothers me too. What if we are going about this in the wrong direction, meaning that whoever killed them did not know them all that well.

Maybe the normal course of events was CR1 slept in the house with DR and that is all the killer knew. If she and CR1 were reconciled that leads one to think that usually they were both sleeping in DR's house. If indeed she was up posting on facebook at 2:50 AM, didn't she wonder where her reconciled husband was? I know I would be getting some answers from someone if hubby was gone at 2:50AM in the morning. So that leads one to believe he was staying at the other trailer that night and she knew he was and why he was. Maybe he and DR did know the danger they or he was in and he decided to stay at the other place to keep DR and the kids separate from him and thereby keep them safe. Her facebook post on the 18th asking BH to pray for her family would lead us to believe she did know there was danger coming from somewhere. If they did know and knew the target was CR1 it makes sense he would stay somewhere else away from his kids.

What if DR was killed first, that the killer went to her house first looking for CR1 and found she was awake? Would she have been killed if she had been asleep and unaware anyone entered her home?

When they did not find him there they went to the other trailer, where they found him awake. After they killed him and GR they proceeded from there to FR and then KR.

Does any of this make sense to anyone?

No one on here has anymore information than the next person unless of course you are a local in which you may know things we do not.

THe facts we do have ... We don't need to create a fiction novel with- we need to think like the killer(s).

Think if I did something of this magnitude : why would I do it? Why would I specifically go to those 4 locations only... How would I do it? How would I bypass dogs , remove cameras, or even enter each residence ?

I know that if I were to go to anyone's house that I am personal and familiar with right now they'd open their door to me... And they wouldn't be holding a gun either... Therefore I'd be the only one with a gun at the gun fight.

evrrything on here is opinion at this point and speculation. This is just my opinion.

Reading through some of the last few posts and associated news links, one is struck by the situations that have arisen with Pike County deputies from time to time in the recent past. Add to that the horrendous crimes allegedly done by JJ Jenkins. Looks like long standing problems. What are the job requirements for a deputy position in Pike County? I am assuming background checks are required and paid attention to in the hiring process. And, it really would be interesting to know how the local police union seems to become so involved in defending a bad apple. And take note, as in my own community, they end up finding top notch criminal lawyers to defend them.

I don't know how much the local union was defending JJ. From the article I read, it sounded like they just made sure he got due process on the way out the door. Most unions draw the line at providing legal assistance in the case of actual criminal activity. They may have ensured that he continued to have a job in the aftermath of the on the job shooting--which is a much murkier situation, as we can see from dozens of cases around the country. Shooting your neighbor in the head while drunk? Not so much.

Yes, but, why were CR1's children murdered, yet KR's children not? I've not found that GR had any children.

I think FR was in on whatever it was and KR's kids were not. DR and kids I think were killed because the killers looked at her house first for CR1.

z

Well, that's a problem as I see it. Also, as we continue on down this road, it may be more important. LE has an obligation to monitor their area, large and small for illegal activity. And from many reports growing MJ for personal use was was/is wide spread. If you don't like the law, change it, but spare me rationalizing breaking it.

Just b/c for example, I suspect that ,my neighbor down the road, is burying bodies in the back 40, that doesn't mean that LE can just roll up on their property and execute a search warrant. Unless I see them dragging a body out of their trunk, then I have nothing to go on other than things I might see around their home. Things that may have legitimate use to them, but seems odd to me.

I saw Leonard! He was outside of his house and he waived as we drove by. He was junking an old car.
I have some pics of what's left on the properties. The roosters are still there which I thought was odd. Am I allowed to post here?

I might "know" someone is doing something illegal across the road from me (example) but if they get murdered in the night the LE aren't going to charge me for having knowledge of it. I keep coming back to the only thing we actually know of that is illegal, is the marijuana grow. The only person we can tie into having hands on activity w/that is BJM and we can only speculate about that. Other than that there's no family members left to charge. LM says he did not know about the grow op. I kind of believe him. I could probably have one here and keep it from my parents. It kind of seems there's been a split in the family as well. CR1 and KR have six surviving siblings and I don't recall hearing much about them at all. Which brings me back, again, to BJM and KS. I think they did know quite a lot. The cops proving how much is a different story now that everyone is dead.

I suspect that LM doesn't know much about the grow operation. I also suspect that if he did, he would claim no knowledge. But essentially, I cannot see anyone letting him in on any sensitive info.

My biggest problem with the trail cams is that I simply don't know squat about them--how they work, what they are used for, how easily they might be disabled, etc, etc, etc.

Love to hear more.

But--I'm also not sure how solid our info is regarding said cameras. Do we have anything beyond rumor in terms of who had them, where they had them, if they were actually disabled/stolen and so on?

Also want to put in my personal plug--even if the trigger was pulled by someone close-in/local/knowledgeable, that doesn't mean that they were the ones with a primary motive.
They were not trail cams. I am pretty certain that it was a CCTV setup. I'd have to find the link. But that's totally different. CCTV is like what most of these little Stop & Go gas station stores have.

Love to hear more.

https://www.google.com/search?q=trail+cams&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Trail cams are typically ... Camo colored, self powered/wireless, triggered by motion, night vision, have removable memory cards that can hold hundreds of pics, some will do video.

They would be hard to spot in trees without knowing where to look, you would have to scan every tree. There is a method to spot certain types cameras when they are in use, but I shouldn't share that publicly. A trail cam would have to be activated (snapping a pic) to spot it with that method.

We do know that trail cams were popular with some of the deceased, through social media. We don't know where the cams were.

There are also relatively inexpensive sets that are wireless, video recording to a dedicated recorder, pc, or upload to cloud. Maybe a six camera setup with recorder for around $250. Also available, wireless pan/tilt/zoom cams to operate from your pc or phone are also available, you can monitor and operate anywhere you have an internet connection.

I think the killers just knew where to look. But LE said they do have video, and got more with the public plea they made.

I saw Leonard! He was outside of his house and he waived as we drove by. He was junking an old car.
I have some pics of what's left on the properties. The roosters are still there which I thought was odd. Am I allowed to post here?

Excellent work!
Give us every single detail.
How many Roosters?

Contradiction!

In this article, LM says he had no reason to go to CRsr house. Then later in the article LM says he would help work on cars and take cars to other body shops, inspection shops, etc. So, where did he help work on the cars and/or pick them up to take them somewhere? IMO
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/local/2016/05/18/rhoden-family-many-cars/84528660/

When he stated that that they were referring to the question of him knowing of the grow operation, so reading in to his answer I believe he was speaking of going down & hanging on the property. Which he didn't need to do, he just helped fix cars when needed and picked them when needed. We can see these are all out toward the front of the property.
JMO but this poor old man just lost half his family (heartbroken) and don't have a thing in the world to hide or he wouldn't be talking to any reporter that comes along. I also believe a grow op is something Rhodens would probably do with his brothers vs his father in law. BJM on the other hand....but I bet she spilled her guts too. She also took a awful loss.

I believe that they followed the recipient home, where they discovered the shatter operation. The fact that there have been no arrests suggests to me that LE is focused up the chain.

Now just suppose for the sake of argument that it was someone in the R family who was followed home from the Post Office. The lack of immediate arrests, along with the Sheriff's statements (that this was part of something bigger and they would be continuing to investigate) would certainly be making some folks nervous about what LE might know, what they had been told, how close they might be to making an arrest, etc.

IMO, that's the sort of thing that starts to look like motive. Not only silencing some folks in the know, but also scaring the pants off of anyone else who might be willing to save their skin by talking to LE.

it wasn't a member of the Rhoden family who was followed home from the post office. That's all I can say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper