OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone still alive in this family knows way more than what we'll ever hear about. JMO

Excellent work!
Give us every single detail.
How many Roosters?

Several roosters still there.

A couple of things I noticed-
As you start up the road, Dana's house is first- on the right. Chris and Frankie's houses were on the left about a mile away.
Dana's house had neighbors on both sides, fairly close.
Chris and Frankie also had neighbors- 2 trailers close on one side.
The road is very secluded, lots of woods, and rough. Dana's trailer was off the road a little ways but Frankie's and Chris's were both very close to the road, as were the buildings.
The only building that wasn't boarded up was the biggest one- both ends were opened.
Several of the houses on the road had "no trespassing" and "no media" signs posted.
The roosters were still there in the same coops.

That bothers me too. What if we are going about this in the wrong direction, meaning that whoever killed them did not know them all that well.

Maybe the normal course of events was CR1 slept in the house with DR and that is all the killer knew. If she and CR1 were reconciled that leads one to think that usually they were both sleeping in DR's house. If indeed she was up posting on facebook at 2:50 AM, didn't she wonder where her reconciled husband was? I know I would be getting some answers from someone if hubby was gone at 2:50AM in the morning. So that leads one to believe he was staying at the other trailer that night and she knew he was and why he was. Maybe he and DR did know the danger they or he was in and he decided to stay at the other place to keep DR and the kids separate from him and thereby keep them safe. Her facebook post on the 18th asking BH to pray for her family would lead us to believe she did know there was danger coming from somewhere. If they did know and knew the target was CR1 it makes sense he would stay somewhere else away from his kids.

What if DR was killed first, that the killer went to her house first looking for CR1 and found she was awake? Would she have been killed if she had been asleep and unaware anyone entered her home?

When they did not find him there they went to the other trailer, where they found him awake. After they killed him and GR they proceeded from there to FR and then KR.

Does any of this make sense to anyone?
That scenario is very feasible. I too have been fleshing out an alternative order in which everyone was murdered. Mine is along these lines.

I've been pondering the order b /c I too think CR1 was living with DR and the trailer was mostly for business and that GR was maybe living there for a bit. Which would mean to me that potentially, GR was killed first, possibly after KR and FR had been there shooting the bull w/GR and the assailant(s). The assailant(s) drag GR's body to the back. Then, who should drop in? CR1. No choice but to kill him right then. Drag him to the back too, jic someone else comes to the door, (possible window in the door). They have to kill DR and the kids only b/c too many people in the family have seen them, or CR2 had dropped by earlier and seen the assailant(s) w/ GR too.

I sure hope there is someone looking after the welfare of the roosters and dogs.

Several roosters still there.

A couple of things I noticed-
Dana's house had neighbors on both sides, fairly close.
Chris and Frankie also had neighbors- 2 trailers close on one side.
The road is very secluded, lots of woods, and rough. Dana's trailer was off the road a little ways but Frankie's and Chris's were both very close to the road, as were the buildings.
The only building that wasn't boarded up was the biggest one- both ends were opened.
Several of the houses on the road had "no trespassing" and "no media" signs posted.
The roosters were still there in the same coops.

Good observations. We didn't know other neighbors were so close.
Wish you could have seen into the big building.
Did it have any ventilation fans on the roof?
I think a grow house has to have constant ventilation.
Great job!

maybe it didn't. Maybe I'm wrong.... So if your theory is that they did not know she got off at that time than you are calling it a coincidence.

so I guess it was a coincidence that the children were left unharmed?

i guess it was a coincidence that they knew where all four locations were.

i guess it is a coincidence that they knew where the cameras were or that they even existed.

I guess it is coincidence that they somehow entered all of the homes without being noticed or heard by any of the 8 victims.

i guess it is coincidence that they bypassed the dogs somehow .

I could go on... Just an awful lot of " coincidence " for a theory that supports it was not someone local and or personal with the victims.
\

Not sure I see the significance of Dana's double shift or know what time she got home. If the killings were planned to take place when everyone was asleep it wouldn't matter much if she got home at 6 or 11. And one would imagine that even creeping in at 3 AM the killer(s) would be on the lookout for signs of life: lights on, TV, etc.

Further, if the killings were intended as a "message," beyond perhaps taking some knowledgeable people out of actual commission, maybe the specifics were not so important to the killer. IOW--anyone left alive might well be living in terror.

Regarding the roosters

If at least one member of the Rhoden family sold roosters (saw pics on FB of several being sold for 75.00 each which included a hen) then I believe they were being raised to sell maybe for cockfighting not cockfighting at the Rhoden locations.

Jmo of the roosters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$75 is a far cry from the $1,000 figure I have seen thrown around.

I sure hope there is someone looking after the welfare of the roosters and dogs.
They said in an article that I read that the properties had been turned over to the family and someone was taking care of them.

I am at the place where they took everything but can't see the trailers, only the cars. There are several sheriff cars and vans in the parking lot.

They were not trail cams. I am pretty certain that it was a CCTV setup. I'd have to find the link. But that's totally different. CCTV is like what most of these little Stop & Go gas station stores have.

OK--helps a little. So--are the cameras feeding to a computer? IOW, could the intruders have just taken the computer with them, and with it all record of what the cameras saw? If so, that's totally different (much easier) than actually knocking out the cameras themselves.

$75 is a far cry from the $1,000 figure I have seen thrown around.

They can go as high as $1,000+ for a very well-bred, rooster and a pair of hens sold together. It is possible. It's like dogs, cattle, horses, etc... different quality in breeding and in lineage, brings more money.

OK--helps a little. So--are the cameras feeding to a computer? IOW, could the intruders have just taken the computer with them, and with it all record of what the cameras saw? If so, that's totally different (much easier) than actually knocking out the cameras themselves.

See post #917...

Will also edit in some links here. Just examples, outdoor cameras are waterproof....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Pa...584374?hash=item3f55a17576:g:6noAAOSwo0JWHFX6

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2TB-HDD-NVR...547517?hash=item5d5eecfabd:g:YVcAAOSwB4NWzrYl

I've missed a few days, and am catching up backwards.
Is there a reason CSsr's house is being called the "work" trailer now? Or that the thinking is that he lived up the road?

it wasn't a member of the Rhoden family who was followed home from the post office. That's all I can say

Well, my alternate theory was that someone believed that the PO find was a set-up and that someone believed that the R's might have been in with LE on the set-up.

The pics are consistent with what seemed to be still attached to the roof of one of trailers--viewed in aerial photo some threads back. Which kinda suggests to me that what was stolen/disabled/whatever was the "base" receiving the info. Much easier way to go--even if someone knew each and every exact location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper