OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at the place where they took everything but can't see the trailers, only the cars. There are several sheriff cars and vans in the parking lot.

Will you drive by Left Fork?

What was Leonard actually doing?

Thanks!

https://www.google.com/search?q=trail+cams&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Trail cams are typically ... Camo colored, self powered/wireless, triggered by motion, night vision, have removable memory cards that can hold hundreds of pics, some will do video.

They would be hard to spot in trees without knowing where to look, you would have to scan every tree. There is a method to spot certain types cameras when they are in use, but I shouldn't share that publicly. A trail cam would have to be activated (snapping a pic) to spot it with that method.

We do know that trail cams were popular with some of the deceased, through social media. We don't know where the cams were.

There are also relatively inexpensive sets that are wireless, video recording to a dedicated recorder, pc, or upload to cloud. Maybe a six camera setup with recorder for around $250. Also available, wireless pan/tilt/zoom cams to operate from your pc or phone are also available, you can monitor and operate anywhere you have an internet connection.

I think the killers just knew where to look. But LE said they do have video, and got more with the public plea they made.

I saw that a family member posted that the intruder(s) removed all cameras around the property, including the trail cams. I sure hope this is wrong and LE recovered at least one of them that points them in the right direction.

Well, my alternate theory was that someone believed that the PO find was a set-up and that someone believed that the R's might have been in with LE on the set-up.

JMO, but I think this was an honest bust. The postal worker smelled it, and called the law, simple as that. I don't think it had anything to do with the Rhodens at all.

Another note- I did not see any dogs on any of the properties. Only roosters.

Is there substantial evidence that there were chicken fights or just a theory by LE? Maybe they were
just raising chickens.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/2016/04/25/piketon-shooting-murder-eight-dead/83492210/
DeWine also said possible evidence of cockfighting was seen on one of the properties. He said the single roosters kept in individual cages “is consistent with” cockfighting.
But, he added, “We don’t know what’s relevant.”

(Of note, he says "possible" evidence of cockfighting...)

Will you drive by Left Fork?

What was Leonard actually doing?

Thanks!

Leonard was outside with a woman and another man and they were loading up pieces of a junk car in the back of a pickup.
I don't have time to go to Left Fork today, have to pick my son up but I will on Monday.
Am I allowed to post pictures here that I took? Or is it against TOS?

Leonard was outside with a woman and another man and they were loading up pieces of a junk car in the back of a pickup.

Am I allowed to post pictures here that I took? Or is that a violation?
This is just my opinion, but photos of the vacant land should be no problem.
No different than news photos.
Possibly a NO for pictures of Leonard and others.

I will flag this for a moderator response.

That bothers me too. What if we are going about this in the wrong direction, meaning that whoever killed them did not know them all that well.

Maybe the normal course of events was CR1 slept in the house with DR and that is all the killer knew. If she and CR1 were reconciled that leads one to think that usually they were both sleeping in DR's house. If indeed she was up posting on facebook at 2:50 AM, didn't she wonder where her reconciled husband was? I know I would be getting some answers from someone if hubby was gone at 2:50AM in the morning. So that leads one to believe he was staying at the other trailer that night and she knew he was and why he was. Maybe he and DR did know the danger they or he was in and he decided to stay at the other place to keep DR and the kids separate from him and thereby keep them safe. Her facebook post on the 18th asking BH to pray for her family would lead us to believe she did know there was danger coming from somewhere. If they did know and knew the target was CR1 it makes sense he would stay somewhere else away from his kids.

What if DR was killed first, that the killer went to her house first looking for CR1 and found she was awake? Would she have been killed if she had been asleep and unaware anyone entered her home?

When they did not find him there they went to the other trailer, where they found him awake. After they killed him and GR they proceeded from there to FR and then KR.

Does any of this make sense to anyone?

I've been wondering all along if CR1 actually was currently living where he was found. No one knows what the layout is inside. It may have been only GR living there or maybe no one. With so little information the possibilities are endless...

Good observations. We didn't know other neighbors were so close.
Wish you could have seen into the big building.
Did it have any ventilation fans on the roof?
I think a grow house has to have constant ventilation.
Great job!

I could see somewhat into the end of the building and there were some metal poles/rods.. Looked like pieces to build some sort of shelter? Or a carport. I also saw wire racks leaned up against the wall.

The pics are consistent with what seemed to be still attached to the roof of one of trailers--viewed in aerial photo some threads back. Which kinda suggests to me that what was stolen/disabled/whatever was the "base" receiving the info. Much easier way to go--even if someone knew each and every exact location.

My thinking is it could have been uploaded to somewhere, which the Cyber Crimes Unit would be adept at retrieving, along with other communications that are involved.

No, the standalone camera unit itself is no consequence, unless you want to disable it before any activities.

Also- I didn't see anything that would indicate a ventilation system on the big building.

OK--helps a little. So--are the cameras feeding to a computer? IOW, could the intruders have just taken the computer with them, and with it all record of what the cameras saw? If so, that's totally different (much easier) than actually knocking out the cameras themselves.

I'm not as up on the different kinds of trail cams & security cams today. We had a trail cam and never used it. Here is a link that kind of explains the difference in using a trail cam for security and trail and using an actual security cam. The article that I read mentioned CCTV. A CCTV would record to a hard disk drive, or straight to a computer hard drive. They'd just pick up the drive and walk off. (Unless it was recording off-site)

http://www.besttrailcamerareviews.org/different-types-trail-cameras/

This is just my opinion, but photos of the vacant land should be no problem.
No different than news photos.
Possibly a NO for pictures of Leonard and others.

I will flag this for a moderator response.

Thanks! If I can post- will someone tell me how? I'm on my phone and not sure how to share pictures in post. Or should I just upload to photobucket and share the link?

I've missed a few days, and am catching up backwards.
Is there a reason CSsr's house is being called the "work" trailer now? Or that the thinking is that he lived up the road?

That's probably just me. That's how I keep it separate in some theories I have, b/c I think they've been reconciled for quite awhile from some indications, and were living together at DR's address.

Thanks! If I can post- will someone tell me how? I'm on my phone and not sure how to share pictures in post. Or should I just upload to photobucket and share the link?

Maybe wait for a moderator to respond to this.
I sent 2 messages asking if ok.
Shouldn't take long.
You did a great job today.
I have no clue how to post photos.
somwone will know.

I don't know how image posting works here either.

Just wanted to say... if you do the photobucket links and have any personal pics there, you'll want to make those private in a seperate library and only use the public setting for the pics you want to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89