OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the road has opened back up, I'm going to drive by. I'm curious to see what's left (cars, etc) and to see if anyone is there..

Be careful out there.

Pics or dashcam might be great.

I think we're trying to establish you don't necessarily have to breed gamecocks to fight them. The two aren't mutually inclusive. Not directed at you, per se, just trying to make a minor point of what I've been saying.

Agree with that. Mutually excusive. Not sure if they were involved in breeding at all. .

Someone was correct the other day by saying the roosters they had have to be kept separated because they will naturally fight each other. That is why the overhead pictures show a little spot for each rooster with the ground worn down for that rooster.

Its similar to the fighting fish you sometimes see at fish stores and some people buy a single one.
They needed to keep them separated.

I just learned something new about these fish though. My goodness. Us humans will bet on anything. Ugggg.

"The common name, Siamese Fighting Fish, was coined due to the practice of organized fights between males, much like *advertiser censored* fights. These matches continue to this day, driven by the income from betting."

"Males cannot be kept with together, unless there are separators in the tank"

http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/anabantids2/p/betta.htm

Ok by " know something" I mean tending plants, running the ganga, etc....you know, the others that were apart of the family business.

I might "know" someone is doing something illegal across the road from me (example) but if they get murdered in the night the LE aren't going to charge me for having knowledge of it. I keep coming back to the only thing we actually know of that is illegal, is the marijuana grow. The only person we can tie into having hands on activity w/that is BJM and we can only speculate about that. Other than that there's no family members left to charge. LM says he did not know about the grow op. I kind of believe him. I could probably have one here and keep it from my parents. It kind of seems there's been a split in the family as well. CR1 and KR have six surviving siblings and I don't recall hearing much about them at all. Which brings me back, again, to BJM and KS. I think they did know quite a lot. The cops proving how much is a different story now that everyone is dead.

There's 9 pens by Frankie's trailer and there's more behind the big barn. I'm thinking at least 14 or 15 on that property. I'm not sure what the average number is, but it seems high just to me.

I've seen much larger around me (and far better tended). I don't think FR was getting into the big bucks for a rooster and a pair of hens.

Agree with that. Mutually excusive. Not sure if they were involved in breeding at all. .

Someone was correct the other day by saying the roosters they had have to be kept separated because they will naturally fight each other. That is why the overhead pictures show a little spot for each rooster with the ground worn down for that rooster.

Its similar to the fighting fish you sometimes see at fish stores and some people buy a single one.
They needed to keep them separated.

I just learned something new about these fish though. My goodness. Us humans will bet on anything. Ugggg.

"The common name, Siamese Fighting Fish, was coined due to the practice of organized fights between males, much like *advertiser censored* fights. These matches continue to this day, driven by the income from betting."

"Males cannot be kept with together, unless there are separators in the tank"

http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/anabantids2/p/betta.htm

I used to have a betta. I loved that little thing. He would flare at a mirror put next to his tank.

Does anyone have any thoughts about Gary Rhoden?

Any facts?

He has not been discussed much. Not much out there on him.

I remain very suspicious of why he spent the night
at CR Sr home when he lived fairly close by.

If this is the case, and I have no idea if it is or not, it would seem to have significant implications and would have an impact on the dynamics of this case. We have discussed how there was a core group of Rhodens targeted, primarily the immediate family of CRSr., his cousin, GR, and then his brother, KR, some miles away at a different location. The killer(s) were efficient and through. It has also been suggested that a possible reason for such complete killing would be to prevent retaliation, or to completely eliminate those that could identify, or just knew too much, or were involved in some situation that could have brought this about.
It seems to me that these conjectures would also apply to another nearby family member, another brother of CRSr. If this immediate family member was spared, one wonders why? Would he not have been involved with the activities of his immediate family? If those who were killed knew something that they had to be eliminated for, why would the other brother, right there on the same road as KR, not also have similar knowledge and need to also be targeted?

Could be that only CR1 and KR were into whatever got them killed and the other 2 brothers were not. They may have had some inkling of what their brothers were doing but have distanced themselves from it. This happens more than you think. Two brothers are closer and get into some illegal activities while the other two go to work everyday and church on Sundays and stay home with their wives at night. The killer may not have known about them or if they did know, they knew the other two didn't have in depth knowledge about what was going on. I think this was a very concentrated core group of family members within a family that included CR1, KR, GR, FR and DR along with BJM and DS. If you notice within that group there is two brothers, a father and son, two cousins, two sisters and an ex sister-in-law. These could have been family members that were drawn into a particular area of interest. This is very common in large families. I know this because I am from a very large family myself and I know that certain members of my family hang out with each other more than they do the rest of the family because of common interests. This is not to say there was a rift in the family or even a division.

Reading through some of the last few posts and associated news links, one is struck by the situations that have arisen with Pike County deputies from time to time in the recent past. Add to that the horrendous crimes allegedly done by JJ Jenkins. Looks like long standing problems. What are the job requirements for a deputy position in Pike County? I am assuming background checks are required and paid attention to in the hiring process. And, it really would be interesting to know how the local police union seems to become so involved in defending a bad apple. And take note, as in my own community, they end up finding top notch criminal lawyers to defend them.

It especially makes you wonder how someone who was so reckless would be given guns for "self-protection" by the DA. Have you watched the video that CRjr posted on his fb - the video of the witness to the shooting of Robert Rooker? IMHO, it would have been judged "self-defense" if not for Brady. And I still find it peculiar that CRjr had it on his fb. But it would make perfect sense if JJ was someone who the Rhodens knew, but disliked.

I could right now commit this same crime easily in the same type of rural area over night if I am familiar with the properties and the victims. Easily.
*Who would know timing wise to wait until DR was off of her unexpected 11pm double?

I've wondered if DR's double shift was unfamiliar that night and it got her and the kids murdered. I've checked in w/family when I've gotten off work late. She could have called CR1 to let him know she was on her way home, and he's told her he's at the work trailer w/ so & so. She may have even seen he wasn't at their house and drove down to his work trailer and seen this person there. Exchanged a few words and went home. When the bad stuff happened, the assailant(s) would have to take out everyone who saw them, or in the case of the kids, potentially were told about them.

I used to have a betta. I loved that little thing. He would flare at a mirror put next to his tank.

As as totally interesting as this topic is, I think it distracts from the overall focus. There appears to be many potentially illegal activities in which the Rhodens may or may have not been involved. The primary question about this, IMO, is how all of this could go on right under the nose of LE. That, it seems, to me, should be addressed in any final resolution to these murders.

Does anyone have any thoughts about Gary Rhoden?

Any facts?

He has not been discussed much. Not much out there on him.

I remain very suspicious of why he spent the night
at CR Sr home when he lived fairly close by.

he was in a Russian group on facebook, or I guess it is Russian

It especially makes you wonder how someone who was so reckless would be given guns for "self-protection" by the DA. Have you watched the video that CRjr posted on his fb - the video of the witness to the shooting of Robert Rooker? IMHO, it would have been judged "self-defense" if not for Brady. And I still find it peculiar that CRjr had it on his fb. But it would make perfect sense if JJ was someone who the Rhodens knew, but disliked.

I have not seen that FB posting. Will try to check it out. Thanks.

I'm not sure I'm buying into the roosters having much to do with the murders, but any involvement with cockfighting is not only illegal, but it involves at least being acquainted with a lot of less than upstanding citizens. And you never know how "less than upstanding" some of those folks are.

A week or so before the Rhoden murders, just over the state line in WV, an anonymous tip shut down a cockfighting operation. Just like every other murder, drug bust, pill mill, chop shop or FB threat discussed, this may have absolutely nothing to do with the Rhodens and just be coincidental in timing & location.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/An...ting-operation-in-Wayne-County-375584381.html

id like to know what constitutes it as a "green house frame" over a carport frame?
I'm a few pages behind, and I don't mean this in a mean way at all, but is there any real significance as to what it is? Does anything change if it's a greenhouse frame or a carport frame? Just wondering if I'm missing something of importance here.

As as totally interesting as this topic is, I think it distracts from the overall focus. There appears to be many potentially illegal activities in which the Rhodens may or may have not been involved. The primary question about this, IMO, is how all of this could go on right under the nose of LE. That, it seems, to me, should be addressed in any final resolution to these murders.

I disagree. There are a slew of actions which may speak to motive. At this time, we don't know the who, we don't know the why. Any theory using what we know from MSM is worth fleshing out.

I've a few pages behind, and I don't mean this in a mean way at all, but is there any real significance as to what it is? Does anything change if it's a greenhouse frame or a carport frame? Just wondering if I'm missing something of importance here.

Not really. Lol. Someone asked a question and it led to this thread's usual intense discussion.

Does anyone else find it a little odd that a 40 year old man had a 19 year old accompany him on the out of town trips for auto auctions? Did the 19 year work for him, repairing vehicles? I wouldn't find it odd if they worked together. But, I don't recall that being stated in the article. Just that the 19 year old was friends with CR seniors sons.

If my 19 year old went with a 40 year old just to "keep him company", I'd be a little curious.

This is my first time posting so Please bare with me for a minute:) Their are so many theories that sound very possible. As I was reading one theory on a different page yesterday, one post caught my attention. She had found that FR had a fb friend in NC. This friend also has a friend in NC that is connected to IJ. IJ seems to be kin or may just be in the same tribe. On his page he had posted a picture of a firearm he would like to have. The comments under this picture is a little suspicious. As I was looking at his pictures I saw an old picture that said, this was taken when we used to live in Baltimore. I wasnt sure if these links could be posted. It may be nothing but I am a little suspicious..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24