OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off Topic, but speaking of JJ, and Pike county...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/12/11/ex-pike-county-deputy-under-scrutiny.html

The county prosecutor, a gun enthusiast, lent Jenkins a couple of pistols for protection.
Fayette County Sheriff Vernon Stanforth said Jenkins’ performance there in 2011 and 2012 was mediocre, and he was reprimanded for running his cruiser into an elderly man in a crosswalk. (The man was injured but survived.)

In May, Richard Henderson resigned as sheriff, and current Sheriff Charles Reader was chosen as his replacement.
“Once I was appointed, I could tell that there were still some issues” with Jenkins, Reader said.

The sheriff put Jenkins back on administrative leave and sent him to a mental-health professional.
When he was cleared to return, he headed to training on working with a dog and was paired with one named Gold.

Reader says JJ has issues, sends him to a mental health professional, then he gets a promotion as a K9 officer. At his arraignment the Judge puts a $100,000 bail, which he has to only pay $10,000 and got out, he's not allowed to drink or do drugs and will be tested. Psshh! His lawyer said it would be hard for him to pay that amount, but the judge won't lower it. The pretrial was set for April 22nd, haven't heard if it was held, and he's still not in custody. If the people who killed the Rhodens ever get caught, I hope the trial is moved, because it seems like the county is harder on people who smoke pot.

Yes, and if you watch the video of the arraignment, you'll see JJ, and also Rob Junk, the PA talking to someone at the end. Does anyone have good enough speakers to hear what he's saying? [video=youtube;osF0xXdWM08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osF0xXdWM08[/video]

You know that my prime suspect is an LE deputy who was facing murder charges and is known to be a rogue cop with "issues" as stated by Sheriff Reader. So I keep focusing my sleuthing to make a connection. I read an article that said his police issue weapon was a Glock 22. I did a search and found this video of a Glock 22 with a suppressor - this is definitely not as loud as a shotgun and, in my opinion could have been the weapon of choice.

[video=youtube;PQ4GATzO05g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ4GATzO05g[/video]

It looks like she fired 15-16 rounds in one clip. (I know very little about guns).

The PA, Rob Junk lent JJ "a couple of guns" per this article, http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...unty-deputy-involved-shooting-fired/76916540/

Does anyone local know more about JJ's current whereabouts?

Come on... Do you really think he would use a police issued weapon? If it was actually JJ, I would think he would be smart enough to use a throw away gun and not one that could be traced back to him or Junk. If JJ, I would think he could get his hands on a gun pretty easy and might have confiscated some when he was a cop that didn't get report.

Maybe she was overwhelmed with what she found and was going to go get Frankie to take charge of the whole situation. After all it was his father and women tend to defer to men when confronted with something that overwhelms them. I don't think she ever expected Frankie to be a victim also. As far as the locked door, it could have been unusual for the door to be locked since CR1's vehicle was there and it appears he was an early riser. Also she may have knocked on the door before getting the key. She could have left that detail out in the chaos and confusion.

That's what I'm saying. I think her actions were purely hysterics and fear and worry and confusion. I just can't get on the BJM is guilty bandwagon. JMO.

Yes, and if you watch the video of the arraignment, you'll see JJ, and also Rob Junk, the PA talking to someone at the end. Does anyone have good enough speakers to hear what he's saying? [video=youtube;osF0xXdWM08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osF0xXdWM08[/video]

Can someone tell me how this guy story is being related or mentioned to what happened w/ the 8 people killed? I just started reading these threads at the end of the previous thread. Thank you.

Maybe she was overwhelmed with what she found and was going to go get Frankie to take charge of the whole situation. After all it was his father and women tend to defer to men when confronted with something that overwhelms them. I don't think she ever expected Frankie to be a victim also. As far as the locked door, it could have been unusual for the door to be locked since CR1's vehicle was there and it appears he was an early riser. Also she may have knocked on the door before getting the key. She could have left that detail out in the chaos and confusion.

You may be right about her looking for Frankie, but that comment about women deferring to men? I find that not only inaccurate and a sweeping generalization, but also offensively sexist.

Edited to add: It was BJM, after all, who took the initiative to take the children out of that murder scene, whereas the male on scene did not.

Although The Rhodens is what I associate the family as, it was Manleys who were first on scene, along w/The Mystery Couple. They found DR by 8:01 I think was the time they flagged the officer down, then the other LE arrived at CR1s by 8:11, IIRC, at that point I'd say BJM, TMC, JM, and LM were being questioned and walked back through everything they'd seen and done. It looks as if BJM probably called her father, her father may have called JM. It very well could be that only Manleys were called initially b/c a Manley found them, and it looked as if CR1 & DR's family was targeted w/GR being in the wrong place at the wrong time. We don't know what time CR1's next of kin got notified.

Very good point!

Come on... Do you really think he would use a police issued weapon? If it was actually JJ, I would think he would be smart enough to use a throw away gun and not one that could be traced back to him or Junk. If JJ, I would think he could get his hands on a gun pretty easy and might have confiscated some when he was a cop that didn't get report.

I didn't intend to imply that he used, or could have used his service weapon - as surely that was taken away. He was familiar with the weapon however, and Rob Junk, the PA has admitted to lending JJ a "couple of guns". My point was meant to dispel the notion that big, loud weapons were used when in truth this video and the article I posted show that JJ has a precedence of using a Glock 22 and could be well aware of the suppressor function and sound. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

LM seems scared or summited when he came out and said if they can live with it he can. Like its a group or a person he's sending a message too. Was that his last interveiw he's had? Kinda like the reward was retracted. This tells me it's a group of People that has a lot of resources..... I find myself thing to read into the sources close and still wondering what all the warrants were for? Something about the one barn that was away from the scene that the LE closed off wish i had time to search for article but sure everyone who's been on from beginning knows. If family was involved It may have not been by choice and may be a victim. Do believe this may have been a robbery also.....I think LE know who's responsible and the family and he reward guy know who they are and they have resources that neither can match. If I was a Facebook investigator there the ones who i would look at post and acquaintances for inside info that we may not have. its almost unthinkable to put yourself in the killers mindset.

If the Rhodens were growing on UHR there is no reason anyone would be shipping weed across the country to a post office. If they wanted to make shatter they would use their crop not have it shipped in from CA. No connection what so ever IMO.

Exactly!

Can someone tell me how this guy story is being related or mentioned to what happened w/ the 8 people killed? I just started reading these threads at the end of the previous thread. Thank you.

If you read back through this thread and others, you will learn that he is a rogue cop who has previously showed a blatant disregard for his authority, and human life. He has been said to have "issues" and was scheduled for a final Grand Jury pretrial on April 22nd, the morning after the Rhoden's were murdered. It has been suggested that he has motive (money to flee), experience, including K-9 handling, that he worked the night shift and would have likely (just as LE was likely) to have known about the Rhoden's illegal activities. It is not difficult to speculate that he is at least as potential of a suspect as anyone else discussed in this case. imho.

You may be right about her looking for Frankie, but that comment about women deferring to men? I find that not only inaccurate and a sweeping generalization, but also offensively sexist.

Edited to add: It was BJM, after all, who took the initiative to take the children out of that murder scene, whereas the male on scene did not.

I think you took that out of context a bit. I think he was saying looking for FR to help her with what was unfolding next door versus DR. I think it also had to do with proximity, but I could see seeking out a male family member when uncovering something like that, not because I don't think my MIL could handle it, but because I'd feel more equipped with my BIL.

All speculation.
The shipping weed across the country via post office has always seemed like a set up to me.
Really, who does that?
So, to whom it was shipped, and why, has always been a question in my mind. A set up.?
What did it accomplish and who was dragged into the net, even if from 6 degrees of separation. ?
I have no answers.
Questions.
Who in the mix of people we think are un named suspects ( in either case) has a tie to California? Anyone?
This could be a way to work it going backwards.

On on another point. I believe the date of April 22 held some unknown importance for Rhodens.
Because of Danas posts of asking for BH to look over them.
Because it seems as if all Rhoden men were gathered together for something on 22nd.
Gary lived elsewhere although fairly close by.
Kenneth called DS and asked him to come in and 'work on cars' . We assume this was code.
Someone/something specific caused them to gather together on night of 21st and
the early morning events of murder of all - was easily accomplished.

Idk. One that was traceable back to Junk would have been an excellent idea. I do find it odd that no one can even find out if his last court date even happened.

Idk. One that was traceable back to Junk would have been an excellent idea. I do find it odd that no one can even find out if his last court date even happened.

I would be interested in knowing if jj spent time in California

I thought I heard it at first too. Like I said, power of suggestion is strong when listening to recordings. I think it'll be interesting to see what the newer people hear that haven't read previous threads.

At first I heard... "who could do this?", but after it was suggested I heard, "we gotta check on Frankie".

At the end, I hear the other voice say .. "we got...." My ears just can't resolve the "we" into 'good'.

Oh I agree. I'm not in the BJM is guilty club, but I think she isn't being completely honest with LE either. Being generous, giving her say 15 minutes to notice the dogs, the locked door, and go inside still leaves approximately 30 minutes unaccounted for before she dialed 911. I'm very curious as to what she was doing. We know from her interview that she didn't go into FR trailer until after she called 911. So what was she doing?
MOO is that she was trying to minimize the grow op. I don't believe for a minute that she didn't know about it, even if it was 10 x smaller than I originally thought.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I agree and I also believe there were possibly more family members on the scenes prior to 911 being called. With that theory no telling how many went into the crime scenes and did who knows what.

In the article I gave http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/12/11/ex-pike-county-deputy-under-scrutiny.html

The Pike County case has gained national attention as well as curiosity from those who wonder why a prosecutor would lend a gun to a deputy. Junk said that’s just how it goes in tight-knit communities such as his. He routinely trades, sells and lends guns to law-enforcement officers and friends.

But he’s glad to have distance from the Jenkins prosecution.
“I’d have a hard time handling a case against someone I know really, really well,” he said.

He should've stepped down when this happened in December. We don't know who's involved with killing the Rhodens, so he should definitely step back from the Rhoden case. Hoping higher authorities are in charge, but it doesn't sound like it.

I am new here so look over me with this question? With able bodied folks on the property.. WHY would anyone have to come and tend to ones animals at such an hour? Especially with gas not being cheap. I can't get past this for some reason.
I personally understand it looking at it from a few different scenarios. One being, (for my family) as busy business owners adding in a few other business adventures outside of our bread and butter business, with children in sports and a pile of homework and also having dogs, horses, pigs, goats,farm trout and chickens for meat and eggs there just isn't enough time in the day.
Another option is simply helping out a family member in need of income.
I realize not all of this pertains to the Rhoden family but I can see why they had her helping out. Just and idea of why. Could be for any other reason though. Just my opinion

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I don't know about other counties in Ohio, but in my county, once it is set for Grand Jury and moved to the other Court, you can't find record of anything through the online records site.

Right, just because she didn't say she knocked doesn't mean she didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9