OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from the linked article above: Authorities refuse to reveal what they might know. A leading criminologist and a forensic pathologist are following the case from afar and agree on one thing: The killers had a core target, and the other seven people most likely died because of what they knew.

Yuppers. This is the assumption I've been operating under for a while. There seems to be one giant shady common denominator in all of this.

I see the point, but I just don't believe he was living there. Operating business out of there, yes. We had a local poster who has stated that the entire family did live at 4077, until CR1 bought the property where DR and the kids were found. IIRC they stated that they lived as a family. I'd have to go back through posts to find it, and I'm not really ready to argue the point that hard right now.
You will not find that post, it has been deleted.

In regards to DR's profile picture update that is no longer there, I can verify that I also saw it. It was one of the first things that I saw, actually. It was time stamped somewhere after 2 AM on the 22nd, but I can't remember an exact time. I recall thinking it was extremely late and wondering if maybe she hadn't been winding down or helping her daughter with the baby. I've looked everywhere for a screenshot of that to send in, but I'm coming up empty handed. I'm hoping someone else can find it for the mods....

On another note....

Does anyone know what the heck Gary did for a living? I saw someone said he hadn't clocked in that day, but I've never heard mention of his place of employment or what it was he did in his day to day. Was it in Greenup or down in Pike? It seems odd to me that he would be all the way down in Pike if he worked in Greenup. I mean, it's not a horrible drive, but it's not one I would make just to visit family that could wait until I had a day off...granted, that's just me. You'd have to give me a pretty good reason to tack 45 minutes on to my morning commute!

I had read that GR had not shown up for work at 5:30 a.m. His FB profile says he's Self Employed, and his father had said he worked in tobacco in Ky. He could have had a job set up to go to and did not show. I'm sorry, if it is incorrect, but I did read it from some source at some point b/c it stuck in my head. I'll try to find it.

"It's all done in the name of finding and charging suspects. Its investigators also probe officer-involved shootings and public corruption cases, and maintain the state's fingerprint and DNA databases."

From the same article...

I'm lost on that. Makes you wonder how close they were. Several times she asks him to watch over her family. Makes me wonder if she knew something was amiss...

She also seemed like she was trying to tell him something before he died, but maybe couldn't disclose all the details? She wished she could have told him more about " what they talked about that Friday night"?
Maybe I'm reaching here, it just struck me as she wished she had been able to confide a secret to him

She also seemed like she was trying to tell him something before he died, but maybe couldn't disclose all the details? She wished she could have told him more about " what they talked about that Friday night"?
Maybe I'm reaching here, it just struck me as she wished she had been able to confide a secret to him

I really feel like their relationship was more than platonic. I think maybe she wanted to take the relationship to the next level before he died. Maybe she wanted to discuss living together, or even getting married. That's just my gut feeling with what she said, given the context in which she said it. I seriously doubt she would keep the daily vigil of posting to his In Memoriam site if they hadn't already bumped uglies.

I had read that GR had not shown up for work at 5:30 a.m. His FB profile says he's Self Employed, and his father had said he worked in tobacco in Ky. He could have had a job set up to go to and did not show. I'm sorry, if it is incorrect, but I did read it from some source at some point b/c it stuck in my head. I'll try to find it.

Tobacco in Kentucky could be anywhere, honestly-he could have done some side work on farms, etc. A lot of the farms around here have slowed production of tobacco, or stopped completely, due to some kind of government deal to pay farmers a subsidy to basically NOT grow it anymore. Honestly, I cannot remember the particulars of that scenario at all, but I know a lot of tobacco growers around these parts shut down shop and started taking the subsidy payments. My inlaws used to have a tobacco farm and recieve these payments, so I could probably ask them how it works...but it's probably irrelevant. No matter...I would say the tobacco farming, at least in Greenup these days, is fairly sparse....

I think user Pullyup above (I am so sorry if I misspelled your name! I don't know how to double quote!) mentioned he worked on cars with KR and CSR. I guess it stands to reason that they were generating some kind of income from fixing up the fixer uppers if they were all as into it as has been mentioned...but I know around here these kinds of deals are a dime a dozen. It's not uncommon to find one of these kinds of car lots..it's like they're on every street corner, so I'm hard pressed to think that they were getting that much out of simply fixing up cars and reselling them. From here to Portsmouth, Ohio going down 23, I can think of at least six right off the top of my head.

I still believe CSR was the primary target. Not only was his immediate family killed, along with a cousin and brother...but all of these folks lived at addresses that he, for all intents and purposes, owned. I just find that incredibly bizarre. Not to mention...there IS family, on both Dana and CSR's side, currently living on CSR properties that were NOT killed. My question is why kill all of CSR's immediate family, then go to his brother's house several miles away where he was living near to other family members...kill him...but spare the others? Clearly KR knew something, or whomever this was wouldn't have gone out of his/her/their way to kill him, right? What did CSR know/say/do to warrant the killing of his entire immediate family?

I just cannot wrap my head around the logic of it all....

I still believe CSR was the primary target. Not only was his immediate family killed, along with a cousin and brother...but all of these folks lived at addresses that he, for all intents and purposes, owned. I just find that incredibly bizarre. Not to mention...there IS family, on both Dana and CSR's side, currently living on CSR properties that were NOT killed. My question is why kill all of CSR's immediate family, then go to his brother's house several miles away where he was living near to his own children...kill him...but spare HIS kids? Clearly KR knew something, or whomever this was wouldn't have gone out of his/her/their way to kill him, right? What did CSR know/say/do to warrant the killing of his entire family?

I just cannot wrap my head around the logic of it all....

Understanding CR1 will reveal who. Understanding KR will reveal why.

I really feel like their relationship was more than platonic. I think maybe she wanted to take the relationship to the next level before he died. Maybe she wanted to discuss living together, or even getting married. That's just my gut feeling with what she said, given the context in which she said it. I seriously doubt she would keep the daily vigil of posting to his In Memoriam site if they hadn't already bumped uglies.

Really? Quite a reach. Think I'd rather deal with the fighting beta fish.

Eh. I'm pretty confident this all comes back to Gary and Greenup, KY.
I know I've said it 10 million times, but that certain person changing their relationship status at 1:20 a.m. on the night of the murder, then changing their location from Greenup, KY to Portsmouth, OH in the days following the murder, then changing their name on facebook to a certain name that raises huge red flags....
I don't think this person is the murderer, but the more I dig, the more it seems that situation is related. New profiles are popping up that include only the same group of about 5 or 6 people as friends. Other profiles of theirs are being deleted. Statements are being made about snitches and revenge.
Something is going on there.
This is Gary-centric, IMO.

According to this court link, DR's address was 4199 Union Hill Rd in 2007 when divorce was filed, so that must've been the address she used at that time, even though she had only recently moved in there??

http://pikecountycpcourt.org/eservi...80qQpsCAYrmAmO8nuTRdKJSt-oOlhu6xjjaywvGal68Rg

Also, if you click on the "Disposition" Tab, it shows 2007 and 2012 dissolution so possibly they were married and divorced twice?

Estella, I TOTALLY agree with you, but I made the same statements earlier and was accused of starting rumors. All of those posts have since been removed. But you are entirely correct, it WAS THERE.

I remember checking out Dana's FB page too, the day of the massacre, when her entire friends list was still visible, and before it was made a Rembering site. I do NOT remember seeing such a time stamp. I've been sleuthing for a long time and that would have been something I not only noticed but looked for specifically. It's possible I missed it, but the current profile pic has a time stamp. I just don't see why that would have changed.

As I understand it though, it wasn't the time stamp on the profile pic. It was a post she made to another page that no one seems willing or able to produce, hiding behind WS rules. We can't discuss it, but if such a post exists, share it with an admin/moderator so they can settle the issue. Until that happens, it shouldn't be mentioned as the mods have consistently said.

This was a killer who saw a sleeping mother as a potential threat to be eliminated.

Hard core.

I remember checking out Dana's FB page too, the day of the massacre, when her entire friends list was still visible, and before it was made a Rembering site. I do NOT remember seeing such a time stamp. I've been sleuthing for a long time and that would have been something I not only noticed but looked for specifically. It's possible I missed it, but the current profile pic has a time stamp. I just don't see why that would have changed.

As I understand it though, it wasn't the time stamp on the profile pic. It was a post she made to another page that no one seems willing or able to produce, hiding behind WS rules. We can't discuss it, but if such a post exists, share it with an admin/moderator so they can settle the issue. Until that happens, it shouldn't be mentioned as the mods have consistently said.
Seems as if it was a like on someone's page but I've never seen it.

In regards to victim Dana Rhoden's facebook, if someone has a screen cap of the alleged post or update made at 2am, please send it to me via private message and I will ask admin if we can post it and discuss it.

If not then it is simply so much unsubstantiated rumor that we should not be discussing.

thanks,

I hear you, that in the absence of proof it is deemed unsubstantiated ... BUT ... I was particularly seized by that post because it was evidently so close to the time of murder and I was wondering why she was still up when she had worked double shift and had, apparently, already been home for several hours. So I can assure you that it definitely WAS there ... for sure ... in fact it still concerns me somewhat !!!
If I come across a screengrab I will most certainly send it to you ....

I think Gary got involved in some shady business in Greenup, then left town when things got too dangerous.
He went to stay with his family in Piketon, and told them what was up.
Loose lips led people to know where he was, and who he had told.
They killed him and everyone he told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member