OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

His divorce was final [FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]Dec. 11, 2003. His ex was living in Scioto County (Portsmouth) and GR was listed as living out of state (I'm guessing Ky.). They were only married one year and this is the only marriage I've seen, even though there appears a 2nd person claims to be an ex. I'm thinking this was something that happened out of the emotions from the divorce. It seems she dropped it. Unless I'm reading it wrong.[/FONT]

It's rather odd that you can no longer see her friends list, but your able to see the other victims friends list. It's as if someone changed her settings when it became a remembering page

I think I've seen this before where the friends list disappears, but I just checked my ex-wife's rememberance page and we are all still listed. She passed away last fall. Yeah, it's kind of odd.

Not a recurring pattern, but a precedent. He was in the middle of a legal issue. He left for Ohio from KY during the middle of it, and it seems he was evading LE there.
It sets precedent of OH being his port in a storm.

Not sure I'd conclude that he was evading LE. It appears that LE had no trouble finding him after he moved. I mean, he didn't go too far. Probably is a guy who's bounced around from place to place, I would imagine. Besides, his ex-wife didn't appear in court, so the case was dropped. It doesn't sound like he was in any serious trouble. Relatively speaking.

His divorce was final [FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]Dec. 11, 2003. His ex was living in Scioto County (Portsmouth) and GR was listed as living out of state (I'm guessing Ky.). They were only married one year and this is the only marriage I've seen, even though there appears a 2nd person claims to be an ex. I'm thinking this was something that happened out of the emotions from the divorce. It seems she dropped it. Unless I'm reading it wrong.[/FONT]

No, I agree with you. I'm not making any character judgment on Gary based on this accusation. At all. It was dropped, and I know that accusations can fly when a relationship is on its last breath.
I'm just saying that it sets a precedent of his leaving for Ohio when things aren't going well in Greenup County.
Also noteworthy, IMO is his address on that website.
Portsmouth.
Portsmouth keeps popping up.
Again, curious why the 911 call would have gone to the Portsmouth Police Department initially.
And why, then, it was transferred to the Scioto County Sheriff's Office.
And why, then, it was finally transferred to the Pike County Sheriff's Office.
Also curious why that person you're referring to changed her location from Greenup, KY to Portsmouth, OH, in the days following the murder.

Worth noting that Minford, OH is about 24 minutes away from Portsmouth. I believe we've discussed the Minford case in this thread.

Curious why the original 911 call came to Portsmouth Police Department.
Just an issue of the cell towers?
I may be able to answer that. I think that the properties are almost right on the line of Scioto County. As in some across the road may be in Scioto County and others on the other side are in Pike.

Hm. In my way of thinking, there are several people who could have control of that page for now. Is it possible LE is preserving it? That could explain a couple of things. I just don't know if they've ever done something like that?

I guess it's possible but you would think it would be all the victims and I can still see friends list for the other victims. So to me that's saying someone actually had her password and changed her settings

I may be able to answer that. I think that the properties are almost right on the line of Scioto County. As in some across the road may be in Scioto County and others on the other side are in Pike.

Thanks! I knew they were close to the border, but I wasn't sure how close.

Hm. In my way of thinking, there are several people who could have control of that page for now. Is it possible LE is preserving it? That could explain a couple of things. I just don't know if they've ever done something like that?
Yes law enforcement has preserved Facebook pages. I thought it was reserved for the FBI.

I guess it's possible but you would think it would be all the victims and I can still see friends list for the other victims. So to me that's saying someone actually had her password and changed her settings

That someone being Facebook itself, IMO. The fact that they didn't do it consistently with other victims might mean they were requested to do so by LE but maybe by next of kin.

No, I agree with you. I'm not making any character judgment on Gary based on this accusation. At all. It was dropped, and I know that accusations can fly when a relationship is on its last breath.
I'm just saying that it sets a precedent of his leaving for Ohio when things aren't going well in Greenup County.
Also noteworthy, IMO is his address on that website.
Portsmouth.
Portsmouth keeps popping up.
Again, curious why the 911 call would have gone to the Portsmouth Police Department initially.
And why, then, it was transferred to the Scioto County Sheriff's Office.
And why, then, it was finally transferred to the Pike County Sheriff's Office.
Also curious why that person you're referring to changed her location from Greenup, KY to Portsmouth, OH, in the days following the murder.

Worth noting that Minford, OH is about 24 minutes away from Portsmouth. I believe we've discussed the Minford case in this thread.

Yeah, GR seems like a floater and that can definitely be something that goes along w/harder drug use and/or heavy alcohol users, and they, as I keep saying, can be sketchy in life.

That someone being Facebook itself, IMO. The fact that they didn't do it consistently with other victims might mean they were requested to do so by LE but maybe by next of kin.

I understand that FB can do it but it's still odd as the majority of these people especially the younger ones would all have the same next of kin as well, so the question would still remain as why only hers. It's just odd to me I suppose, there are probably many different possibilities, but from what I can tell her page has been the only one friends list, posts, etc have disappeared. When FB changes to memories for an individual it's usually condensed in posts etc, but the prior settings stay in place so friends list, relationship status, etc everything that was public prior to death remains that way.

Union Hill road covers 3 counties Adams, Pike and Scioto counties.

I understand that FB can do it but it's still odd as the majority of these people especially the younger ones would all have the same next of kin as well, so the question would still remain as why only hers. It's just odd to me I suppose, there are probably many different possibilities, but from what I can tell her page has been the only one friends list, posts, etc have disappeared. When FB changes to memories for an individual it's usually condensed in posts etc, but the prior settings stay in place so friends list, relationship status, etc everything that was public prior to death remains that way.

I checked Facebook's "death policy" here and you're right. It's possible she could have designated a legacy contact, but I bet most people don't know about that. If she did know, I'm guessing her legacy contact is dead. LE probably realized that a lot of people around the world were doing their own sleuthing, here and on other sites. A lot of information was being culled from her FB page, so it's reasonable that LE shut down her friends list. I have no explanation for why they haven't done it to the others. Again, I agree it's odd.

Yeah, GR seems like a floater and that can definitely be something that goes along w/harder drug use and/or heavy alcohol users, and they, as I keep saying, can be sketchy in life.

Sketchy enough to know the people involved in the two deaths in Minford?

I'm lost on that. Makes you wonder how close they were. Several times she asks him to watch over her family. Makes me wonder if she knew something was amiss...

I am with you here. Posting every single day all this time shows something very heavy about him and his loss was bothering her.

http://www.rogerwdavisfuneralhome.com/notices/Rhoden-Family

Dana Lynn Manley Rhoden, 37
Dana Lynn Manley Rhoden, 37 of Piketon, died Friday April 22, 2016. She was born August 29, 1978 in Hillsboro to Leonard and Judy Manley who survive. She was a nurses aid at Hillside Nursing Home. She was preceded in death by her ex-husband Christopher Rhoden Sr., 2 sons; Clarence “Frankie” and Christopher Rhoden Jr. a daughter Hanna Rhoden, grandparents William and Mary Reno and James and Dessie Manley. Along with her parents Dana is survived by her grandchildren; Clarence Bentley Rhoden, Ruger Lee Rhoden, Sophia May Wagner and Kylie Mae Rhoden, a brother James “George” (April) Manley, 2 sisters; Kathy (Henry) Clay and Bobby Manley, 6 nephews, 2 nieces and many friends.

I may be able to shed some light on the absence of a friends list on Dana's page. I don't think that her friends list was ever open to us ... I remember looking there from approx day 1 and it was blank, most likely because she had set her profile up that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove