OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't doubt it. Probably was the distraction. Or took the security cameras.

They were special Roosters with super powers because of all the uranium that they absorbed that was buried beneath them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were special Roosters with super powers because of all the uranium that they absorbed that was buried beneath them.

That's true too. Didn't think about the super powers they probably had. Super power ninja roosters that have been probably plotting with big foot at night. We might be onto something here..

http://fox8.com/2016/01/05/no-motive-or-suspects-in-murder-of-mom-and-daughter-in-southern-ohio/

Candy's brother lived close, heard some strange noises, and wish he had checked. Reminds me of how close those trailers are to the Rhodens and people didn't hear anything, if they heard any strange noises we don't know, but I assume they didn't hear gunshots. This is why I think these murderers are using silencers. In Elsmere, Ky those houses are right on top of one another and noone heard those shots either.

http://fox8.com/2016/01/05/no-motive-or-suspects-in-murder-of-mom-and-daughter-in-southern-ohio/

Candy's brother lived close, heard some strange noises, and wish he had checked. Reminds me of how close those trailers are to the Rhodens and people didn't hear anything, if they heard any strange noises we don't know, but I assume they didn't hear gunshots. This is why I think these murderers are using silencers. In Elsmere, Ky those houses are right on top of one another and noone heard those shots either.

Or it was late enough at night people weren't sure if they heard something and then went back to bed. My husband is a heavy sleeper, not even joking when I say there was a HUGE crack of thunder one night, like I thought a tree fell on the house or car, I woke up startled and wasn't sure, shook him and asked him what it was and his response was "an explosion, it's fine" and rolled back over lol. Once I saw 50 more strikes of lightening and heard the heavy rain I realized what it was, but sometimes when people wake up from a deep sleep, they aren't thinking clearly. I've had times where I thought I heard a noise, woke up and couldn't figure out what it was and gave up because I didn't hear it again and assumed it was some weird part of my dream. JMO.

Apparently you haven't experienced the wrath of a rooster. You would think they did have super powers. They can be nasty, very persistent, critters. Small breeds like Bantams are
worse than the bigger ones. They will chase you relentlessly...

Apparently you haven't experienced the wrath of a rooster. You would think they did have super powers. They can be nasty, very persistent, critters. Small breeds like Bantams are
worse than the bigger ones. They will chase you relentlessly...

I experienced the wrath of a goat once. It wanted to eat me.

Okay, CSIDreamer asked us to look at some stuff and toss out some ideas. I keep coming back to these for the most part:
What could someone lose to make it worth killing eight people?
A)Freedom, threat of loss of freedom, or wants freedom from something.
B)People will kill b/c for a loved one (most likely a child).
C) Money. People will do terrible things for money. Just b/c it doesn't sound like much $$ to me doesn't mean it isn't a lot to someone else.
D) Jealousy

What can they gain?
A) Continued Freedom. They have nothing to lose. If they are found out they WILL go to prison for a very long time, so, killing the Rhodens to keep from being found out, is worth the risk for them, b/c if they are exposed they will certainly lose their freedom. Also, freedom from a possible situation they were bound to w/the Rhodens.
B) Vengeance over a hurt, or loss.
C) Needs money, thinks they have money or, they were being blackmailed, financially, by the Rhodens.
D)Jealous of those particular family members for some reason. Has been stewing for possibly years. Some small thing was the final straw.

C) Where were they at together based on what we can see:
Based on FR's ex, we know that at 8:30pm to 10:30pm FR,HG, the baby, and the toddler were home and likely stayed there. (The toddler staying was out of the norm)

Based on DS, we are told he left KR's that night but do not know when (another coincidence, he was supposed to stay and did not).

We also know that DR got off of work at 11:00 p.m. +/- a few minutes (a third coincidence as she worked a late shift). It would take approx. 20 minutes to make the trip from her employer to home. So that puts her home around 11:20-ish. Unless she made a pit-stop on the way home. She lives about a mile away from 4077. According to what she had going on in the background that night, it may be feasible that she did not hear the shots (or, the murders at CR1 & FR, could have happened between 10:40 and 11:40 ish, when she was at work/driving home).

I have searched from the beginning of this and cannot find anyone who have said they saw CR1 or GR prior to this happening. In fact, I have heard little of anything at all about CR1, positive or negative, except DR thought him the love of her life.

That's all I can come up w/tonight.

"After talking to a few people today, they say yes, she was dealing oxycontin, oxycodone," Detective Dan Malone told 13 News.

http://www.tristateupdate.com/story...icide-near-minford-may-have-been-drug-related

Interesting. From my limited internet research, it looks like oxy, and fentanyl posing as oxy, is coming from Mexico, or possibly China. And for awhile anyway there were pill mills writing scrips and some very targeted pharmavy hold-ups. I think the last two have declined severely in response to governmental efforts.

So, for Newsome--was she in a position to pose some threat to someone? Not so sure. She looks small-time. End distributor. Maybe ripped off her source by being fronted a supply she didn't pay for. Or maybe she was robbed of her stash? Still looks small-time. We haven't gotten any info on the Rhoden's drug business except the grow operation. But--it could have been sizeable. Maybe edging someone else out? Or maybe diversifying into other areas of production? I just don't know.

But, maybe we're a little too quick to link Newsome to the Rhodens. Not sure. But 5hinking maybe so

Okay, CSIDreamer asked us to look at some stuff and toss out some ideas. I keep coming back to these for the most part:
C) Money. People will do terrible things for money. Just b/c it doesn't sound like much $$ to me doesn't mean it isn't a lot to someone else.
D) Jealousy

What can they gain?
A) Continued Freedom. They have nothing to lose. If they are found out they WILL go to prison for a very long time, so, killing the Rhodens to keep from being found out, is worth the risk for them, b/c if they are exposed they will certainly lose their freedom. Also, freedom from a possible situation they were bound to w/the Rhodens.
C) Needs money, thinks they have money or, they were being blackmailed, financially, by the Rhodens.
D)Jealous of those particular family members for some reason. Has been stewing for possibly years. Some small thing was the final straw.

Based on FR's ex, we know that at 8:30pm to 10:30pm FR,HG, the baby, and the toddler were home and likely stayed there. (The toddler staying was out of the norm)

Based on DS, we are told he left KR's that night but do not know when (another coincidence, he was supposed to stay and did not).

We also know that DR got off of work at 11:00 p.m. +/- a few minutes (a third coincidence as she worked a late shift). It would take approx. 20 minutes to make the trip from her employer to home. So that puts her home around 11:20-ish. Unless she made a pit-stop on the way home. She lives about a mile away from 4077. According to what she had going on in the background that night, it may be feasible that she did not hear the shots (or, the murders at CR1 & FR, could have happened between 10:40 and 11:40 ish, when she was at work/driving home).

I have searched from the beginning of this and cannot find anyone who have said they saw CR1 or GR prior to this happening. In fact, I have heard little of anything at all about CR1, positive or negative, except DR thought him the love of her life.

Don't forget power. As a reason for killing.

Pawn shops and flea markets are the working person's nightmare. People will steal anything for $20 to get high around my area. I am in the "tri-state" and have lived in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana so I imagine it's the same in Pike County. Only an hour or so from me. We see the drug life and what it does to people. I have lived the fringes of it through family. Much of this case does not shock me. People move and bunk up and do whatever from day to day to make enough to get by. We call them hunting/fishing people or drinking/drugging people depending on the vice. Just worry about making enough to scrape by. Live for the weekend. And if the week was good, it will be a 3 day weekend. It's a different lifestyle. I am not sure I would even understand it if I didn't have to deal with it on some level.

It's very nomadic. I do not know how they manage to get along couch surfing from place to place, w/ all their possessions in a giant leaf bag. Their frienemies steal from them one day, and yet they'll be living with them next week. It's just crazy. I always had to have my own roof. I was okay w/folks spending the night if they couldn't drive but after that I was ready for them to move along. But I see folks move in with nearly anyone, and what gets me is that people who hardly know them will allow them to move right in, and crash on the couch for weeks, even months. So if GR did not have a permanent address he may have been floating around like that and living fairly free. Also, there is a 2nd trailer beside KR. We don't know if that was vacant, or if GR had been maybe staying there. At one point in the past that 2nd trailer was rented out.

Or it was late enough at night people weren't sure if they heard something and then went back to bed. My husband is a heavy sleeper, not even joking when I say there was a HUGE crack of thunder one night, like I thought a tree fell on the house or car, I woke up startled and wasn't sure, shook him and asked him what it was and his response was "an explosion, it's fine" and rolled back over lol. Once I saw 50 more strikes of lightening and heard the heavy rain I realized what it was, but sometimes when people wake up from a deep sleep, they aren't thinking clearly. I've had times where I thought I heard a noise, woke up and couldn't figure out what it was and gave up because I didn't hear it again and assumed it was some weird part of my dream. JMO.

If it had been a couple of gunshots, but there were alot, esp at CRsr and it's so quiet in the country, and I doubt much traffic on that road at night.

Having kids changed things for me, luckily, but it doesn't change it for everyone..
It's a very hard cycle to break.Some are just content with that lifestyle.

No, it most definitely does not for everyone. I'm glad it did for you though. And yes, it is a hard cycle to break. I think, for some, they are just not made for this for world, and they just do the best they can to "fit" for the time that they are with us.

Have you ever heard sound coming from a neighbor's house when you are inside your own? The gunshots happened indoors. There are buildings between CRSr's and Frankie's places. Sound asleep? They wouldn't have heard a thing.

The only thing I can think of is a neighbor having band practice and you can hear the bass. But even that is just a low subsonic throb. Takes some time to figure out what it even is. JMHO.

D) Jealousy

What can they gain?

Almost nailed the key points I was going to list earlier.

Freedom - jail time or being free to carry on
Money - keep it flowing
Status Quo - keep on keepin' on, preserve or improve the status quo

What can they gain?
Freedom - no jail time, free to carry on
Money - $
Status Quo - preserve, improve, or drastically change

UHR
derby?
the internet?
legal issues?
the cockfights? (sorry, can't deny the many rooster pens)

Wasn't sure where to go on that question, some of the pics look like gatherings of family, friends, associates.

I didn't think so at first, but I absolutely do now. As someone above mentioned, HG and the Newsome girl were friends on Facebook so there is a connection between two people that were murdered in the same fashion.

Jumping off your post because it has me thinking more and more about this. Another poster mentioned they thought the extended family was living near each other to feel safe (as in numbers). DR recently moved onto the property, a relative from Kentucky came up for an extended visit. Also, it was mentioned there were dogs in the house. (By posters not media, so no link)

Now to the part that really stands out to me when coupled with the above. The babies were sleeping in bed with the parents.

I feel this family did have a concern about their safety.

This reminds me of a case I read about/ watched. This young couple were asleep, in I'm thinking a modular home, and he had a child of about 3 years, from another relationship. His ex was into drugs/alcohol and so was her new b/f. She was quite a bit older than the new b/f and could manipulate him. She still had an obsession w/her ex, who had moved on and was living as a family w/his daughter, and new wife. One night, she talked the young b/f into going to and getting supplies at the local big box store, while they were loaded, and then driving to her exe's home out in the country. he was to break in and murder both of the adults. He broke in, and as he was walking down the hall to their bedrooms (she'd given him a general layout), the little girl woke up, and he just made a motion for her to be quiet and go back to bed, which she did. He then proceeded down the hall and shot the former b/f in the head, but chickened out on shooting the new wife. It took forever for them to solve it and they almost were ready to convict the new wife. But, what I remember most about it (and think of in FR/HG/DR & the kids) is how she described what happened. After he shot the husband, he fled out the front door and they drove off. The new wife awoke and said she could not hear, and was disoriented, he husband appeared to be still asleep beside her, but she knew she'd heard a sound or something. She went down the hall to check and saw the door ajar. Closed it. Was very concerned at that point about the child and went to it's room. The child was in the bed asleep if IIRC. She went back into the bedroom and tried to wake her husband, then discovering he had been shot and was dead. I'm telling this to explain how HG, CR2, & HR, may have had something similar happen to them and never fully awakened though. This woman was not shot so she was very disoriented and her hearing was not right either. It's been a long while ago since I watched it so I may not have all of the fact just right but it keeps coming to mind how the ones in bed, in close quarters, may not have just bolted upright and jumped out of bed when gunshots went off.

This reminds me of a case I read about/ watched. This young couple were asleep, in I'm thinking a modular home, and he had a child of about 3 years, from another relationship. His ex was into drugs/alcohol and so was her new b/f. She was quite a bit older than the new b/f and could manipulate him. She still had an obsession w/her ex, who had moved on and was living as a family w/his daughter, and new wife. One night, she talked the young b/f into going to and getting supplies at the local big box store, while they were loaded, and then driving to her exe's home out in the country. he was to break in and murder both of the adults. He broke in, and as he was walking down the hall to their bedrooms (she'd given him a general layout), the little girl woke up, and he just made a motion for her to be quiet and go back to bed, which she did. He then proceeded down the hall and shot the former b/f in the head, but chickened out on shooting the new wife. It took forever for them to solve it and they almost were ready to convict the new wife. But, what I remember most about it (and think of in FR/HG/DR & the kids) is how she described what happened. After he shot the husband, he fled out the front door and they drove off. The new wife awoke and said she could not hear, and was disoriented, he husband appeared to be still asleep beside her, but she knew she'd heard a sound or something. She went down the hall to check and saw the door ajar. Closed it. Was very concerned at that point about the child and went to it's room. The child was in the bed asleep if IIRC. She went back into the bedroom and tried to wake her husband, then discovering he had been shot and was dead. I'm telling this to explain how HG, CR2, & HR, may have had something similar happen to them and never fully awakened though. This woman was not shot so she was very disoriented and her hearing was not right either. It's been a long while ago since I watched it so I may not have all of the fact just right but it keeps coming to mind how the ones in bed, in close quarters, may not have just bolted upright and jumped out of bed when gunshots went off.
Hi there! Seems we've landed on the same page. Welcome 😘

Jumping off your post because it has me thinking more and more about this. Another poster mentioned they thought the extended family was living near each other to feel safe (as in numbers). DR recently moved onto the property, a relative from Kentucky came up for an extended visit. Also, it was mentioned there were dogs in the house. (By posters not media, so no link)

Now to the part that really stands out to me when coupled with the above. The babies were sleeping in bed with the parents.

Young children often co sleep especially if mom is breastfeeding. The older child was sleeping on the couch so I really don't believe that the children sleeping with their parents was out of the ordinary.

Almost nailed the key points I was going to list earlier.

Freedom - jail time or being free to carry on
Money - keep it flowing
Status Quo - keep on keepin' on, preserve or improve the status quo

What can they gain?
Freedom - no jail time, free to carry on
Money - $
Status Quo - preserve, improve, or drastically change

UHR
derby?
the internet?
legal issues?
the cockfights? (sorry, can't deny the many rooster pens)

Wasn't sure where to go on that question, some of the pics look like gatherings of family, friends, associates.

We're pretty close. You read question C) differently than I did though, which is great, it shows how different people interpret things. I had thought she meant that night, but yours are excellent points. I'd be interested to see how many people overlap those areas and if any of them could be POI.

The babies in bed seem normal to me. Lots of parents choose to co-sleep for a number of reasons. It's pretty common. Plus we don't even know for sure they were asleep with the babies. I have an infant and up until very recently, you would have found him in bed with us every night and if he didn't sleep with us, anytime he woke up, I fed him while sitting up in bed. If they were breastfeeding that would make even more sense. Just a thought and my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle