OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guns are very loud. Silencers are not common. Someone should have heard.

I live in a manufactured home on a little over an acre. All of my neighbors are also on acres in manufactured homes or old trailers. Several years ago, my next door neighbor was shot one night when he returned home. Someone had broken into his house and was waiting for him. He was shot in both knees. He returned fire, and the intruder took off. We heard nothing! Didn't have a clue until we left for work the next morning and the road was blocked with sheriff's cars.

Probably nothing, just this murder case if so far off the grid. Nothing makes sense, if her family has nothing to do with the rhodens " busness" I if my daughter would want answers. Maybe they're getting what they need from LE.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, seems like I am always catching up. But in line with no one waking up, I find that incredibly hard to believe with mothers of small children in the house. I will wake up if one of my kids change the way they're breathing. Two rooms away. Seriously. Moms sleep very lightly.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

The trailer itself would have acted as the silencer. It is simple physics. Sound doesn't carry if it is contained.

I live in the country (Appalachia, even) where it can be dead quiet. You can hear gun fire outdoors, but you don't hear a peep coming from inside of houses. JMHO, of course. :p

Just thinking out loud again. Hannah Gilley, her family is extremely quiet. Understanding them wanting privacy, still their daughter was murdered and nothing said~

She actually has a cousin from Tx that has been and still is very vocal. I learned a lot from following her FB page. She does not hide her emotion and anger and occasionally lets things slip, but nothing official that can be put in here.

Correction...that's a Rhoden cousin, nevermind. Need more coffee ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's been mentioned, seems like I am always catching up. But in line with no one waking up, I find that incredibly hard to believe with mothers of small children in the house. I will wake up if one of my kids change the way they're breathing. Two rooms away. Seriously. Moms sleep very lightly.

You say moms sleep very lightly. When my now ex was breast feeding our newborn, I had to wake her up at feeding time through the night. She did not wake up from the baby crying.

I disagree. I live in the foothills and have neighbors around me who target shoot/hunt, we target shoot, and not once has anyone called the police or checked on us. That's during the day when people are awake too. I have a couple neighbors within my line of site and others 1/4 mile away. During the night, I'd most likely never hear shots going off, especially in rapid succession b/c it would only take a few seconds to fire off 12 shots. But even if I did, I'd definitely not know where they were coming from, and would most likely think someone was scaring off an animal, check the clock, go back to sleep. It's just not uncommon to hear gunshots around here, and I'm guessing not there either. Now, if I heard screams of help, that would be different.

Probably nothing, just this murder case if so far off the grid. Nothing makes sense, if her family has nothing to do with the rhodens " busness" I if my daughter would want answers. Maybe they're getting what they need from LE.

While I still think I'd just communicate with LE, she is completely overshadowed by the Rhodens.

You say moms sleep very lightly. When my now ex was breast feeding our newborn, I had to wake her up at feeding time through the night. She did not wake up from the baby crying.
I stand corrected. Good point. In MY experience I would and still do wake up to the slightest sound. And as most would agree, the gunshots would have to be fairly quiet in order not to wake people up but many newborns wake up to the slightest sound. Many not all. Imo.

I stand corrected. Good point. In MY experience I would and still do wake up to the slightest sound. And as most would agree, the gunshots would have to be fairly quiet in order not to wake people up but many newborns wake up to the slightest sound. Many not all. Imo.

Then again, some gunfire before dawn may not have been unusual as Spring turkey season started in Ohio on Apr 18th. It's legal to shoot turkeys up to 1/2 hour before dawn during the hunting season. Also, a good suppressor can be made with common materials for a .22 or 9mm. Sound would be about as loud as a coffee cup dropping on floor

Then again, some gunfire before dawn may not have been unusual as Spring turkey season started in Ohio on Apr 18th. It's legal to shoot turkeys up to 1/2 hour before dawn during the hunting season. Also, a good suppressor can be made with common materials for a .22 or 9mm. Sound would be about as loud as a coffee cup dropping on floor

One correction, if I may.

• Turkey hunting hours from April 18 - May 1, 2016 are 30 minutes before sunrise to noon.

I think. ... cr1, cr2, HR and dr (once she got home from work) were at one home. I think fr and HG were at their home. I think GR was at the "office/crash pad" and I think KR was at the camper. I think some were sleeping when this first started, but then I think phones started ringing and people were awake. I don't think " drama " was out of the norm for these people, they were used to it, in some form or another. I really think GR called cr1 and told him there was trouble and cr1 went over there. I think the rest were killed because they knew who was at the " office". I think because of who the perps were, guards were down to an extent because the vics never thought it would go as far as it did. And I really hope it's solved. But I do wonder sometimes.

The trailer itself would have acted as the silencer. It is simple physics. Sound doesn't carry if it is contained.

I live in the country (Appalachia, even) where it can be dead quiet. You can hear gun fire outdoors, but you don't hear a peep coming from inside of houses. JMHO, of course. :p

And I am guessing they had window units, right? I know the few times I stayed in a place with window units, it was loud enough for me to hear nothing else!

And I am guessing they had window units, right? I know the few times I stayed in a place with window units, it was loud enough for me to hear nothing else!

Don't know what the temperature was, but I imagine that an open window may have been enough if they wanted to have it on the cool side. It was spring like around here (a couple of hours north) in the 40s or 50s at nite.

I don't recall seeing any in the photos. Maybe they hadn't put them in yet? I could just not be remembering, though. There were open windows.

The babies in bed seem normal to me. Lots of parents choose to co-sleep for a number of reasons. It's pretty common. Plus we don't even know for sure they were asleep with the babies. I have an infant and up until very recently, you would have found him in bed with us every night and if he didn't sleep with us, anytime he woke up, I fed him while sitting up in bed. If they were breastfeeding that would make even more sense. Just a thought and my opinion.

After analyzing data on 8,207 infant deaths from 24 states that occurred between 2004 and 2012, researchers determined that nearly 74 percent of deaths in babies younger than 4 months occurred in a bed-sharing situation, according to the study published Monday in Pediatrics.

http://www.today.com/health/co-sleeping-linked-infant-deaths-bed-sharing-remains-popular-1D79912957

IDK why this isn't a bigger issue
1) its dangerous
2) how are people creating more children with children lying in bed next to them

I am not very familiar with the country or guns. So bear with me. Would the gunshots have been loud enough silencer or not to wake up the people that were with in the trailer where the gun was shot?

I'm thinking when everything comes to light this is going to be one of those high profile kind of cases. I think they took the trailers for the jury to walk through. See how the perp got in , how they moved around. Not to show the jury physical evidence .
I'm amazed at how I just wait for any kind on news on this case . I do think that for as big as this crime is the area is quiet. The neighbors aren't really talking, Facebook is pretty quiet. Eerie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes things are are being kept very hush hush. In many ways it is the nightmare case for every kind of news drug story we've heard in the news for a while now. Out of control drug abuse, destroyed white family culture, etc. All political fodder for the upcoming elections. Add to that a background of many stories of LE mischief, if not outright corruption and, ugh, we are in for a nauseating bad time. Personally, I hope there turns out be no evidence of LE corruption, but I don't like the look of Pike County's LE history. I think it is very difficult for widespread drug activity to be rampant without LE involvement at some level. In this environment LE being open and honest with the public is essential. Time will tell if all their current silence is worth the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave