OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran across this and don't remember seeing it. Apparently there was an exclusive interview w/GR's father but I cannot find the entire interview, where he is quoted as saying in the text below:

"Kenneth said according to the coroner there were two different bullet casings found at the scene, leading him to believe this crimes were the acts of more than one person.".

They even say, in the video, that at 6p.m. they will bring us more of the interview w/ GR's father and what he thinks. There are clips of quotes of what I'm guessing is the missing interview w/pics of GR's father, on this reporter's Twitter too, @kevin10tv on April 28, but the other part of the interview I cannot find, that actually has GR's father speaking those words. Just found it interesting and thought I'd share.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...r-victims-says-killer-should-be-tortured.html

Totally interesting! More info. here than in all of AG press conferences.

So WHY didn't HG or FR wake up when the other was shot? (I am assuming from the way BJM described the scene). None of this case makes any sense. I really hope LE is closer than we are.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
Maybe they did. If I woke up to my husband being shot and we had the baby in the bed, I would probably be too paralyzed with fear to do anything but hold my baby. If there was someone standing over my bed with a gun, who had just shot my husband, I don't think I'd be making any sudden movements.

I have a question and honestly it is not snark. But why do some think they didn't hear the guns and that they weren't awake? We don't know how many perps there were to control the situation had every one been awake and knew exactly what was going down. As far as neighbors go, they might have heard. They might have told LE or they might of decided they were not getting involved in this mess. I guess what I mean the hearing or not hearing didn't change anything.

Many nights, I know a sound has awakened me, but not hearing anything else, I soon fall back asleep. Other times, a sound wakes me, I hear nothing else, go outside anyway and see the neighbors are outside with a bonfire raising hell. "oh, did we wake you?"

I'm a light sleeper and I sleep in my clothes, due to conditioning of living in the 'hood. If a molotov cocktail comes through a window, I'm ready to go.

I totally agree. I'm convinced this wasn't a lone shooter. I'm also convinced the killers made sure they were sufficient in numbers to handle any surprises.

I imagine 2 shooters at each of the three close locations. And all happening simultaneously. That makes 6 people involved.
That number sound like too many to be anything other than an organized hit. Not saying Cartel, but organized.
And two wasn't enough to to handle 3 adults at DR location, which may be why CR jr was able to run/get out, if that is true.
Number of shots - all the thriller/espionage novels that I read talk about a standard minimum 'double tap' to
head to make sure the job is done.

So WHY didn't HG or FR wake up when the other was shot? (I am assuming from the way BJM described the scene). None of this case makes any sense. I really hope LE is closer than we are.

Each could have been shot within 1-2 seconds of the other, one shot for each, then follow-ups and it's over.

Re: trailers being moved
One of my first thoughts was maybe someone had been trying a bit too hard to get access to the homes or property.

They were in bed together. They may have both been awakened by the intruders. But how would they have known what was going on? By the time the might have had a clue, they were already dead.

BJM has stated they were in bed together, FR on his back, HG on her side, baby in between.

I may sleep with a gun under my bed, but I don't wake up shooting if I hear a noise. As a matter of fact, any time I have heard anything that concerned me enough to investigate:

1. it takes a minute to get my wits together.
2. I have a metal pipe that I grab, not the gun.

That's just me, though.

As far as DR's house goes, I would not be the least bit surprised that if HR heard something, she just tried to be quiet and hide.

We have heard Jr may have tried to escape, but that is just rumor.

Either way, people don't sleep with their guns in their hands.

Anyone entering any of those houses would have known there were probably guns in the house. I know I assume there is a gun in every house in my county.

All of the above is MOO. :)

What do we know about Kenneth Rhoden? Who he was? What he did? Was he close with CRSR&fam?

IMO, in trailer houses, it is pretty simple to figure out what rooms are where and even if you are not familiar with the floor plan, there isn't much space to cover. If 1 person or more did awaken when another one was shot, you'd have to have your gun under your pillow to be able to defend yourself against someone shooting at you and then even with that, chances are you wouldn't be alert enough to fire back and/or defend yourself. That's why I'm not convinced of 2 things...1) that there was more than 1 shooter and 2) that others didn't hear the gunshots. Because IMO even if they did hear them, there was very little chance of being able to defend yourself in time. JMO

Also, if they were in fear of their lives (which would not surprise me), then why was the 3-year-old sleeping on the couch that as far as we know was in the living room where the door enters to the trailer? And I agree, sleeping with infants in the bed has proven not to be a safe thing to do, but to each their own I guess.

And I am guessing they had window units, right? I know the few times I stayed in a place with window units, it was loud enough for me to hear nothing else!

I don't necessarily think it's true that no one would hear the guns because they were inside. When I was little, I lived in a trailer. Our neighbors, who also lived in a trailer, had frequent domestic issues and the man attempted to shoot his wife in the middle of the night. It woke us all up.. I don't know the caliber of gun used though.

I am soooo lost on who "C" is and "T". ugh....
T is tlcya, the admin who most often patrols this thread. When people were going on about the A B C character scenarios yesterday, s/he told people to knock it off, along with a cute little quip about Member A, Member B, and Member C needing to not break the rules, and how Member T (his/herself) was putting the gavel down about it.

How do we know FR didn't wake up? BJM reported that he had a black eye so maybe he did wake up.

I am going solely by the way bjm describe the scene in her interview. As far as why it matters that may point to how sophisticated the killer or Killers may or may not be.. MOO

So GR and cr1 was " drug" into the bed room. That does not point to them being asleep. And some had soft tissue bruising. FR and HG were in their bed....I can see fr being forced back into their room away from the sleeping child in the living room. Just because they were found in bed does not mean they were sleeping. Imo

BBM. I've never heard that phrase before. What does it mean?

My own term here to refer to white middle class families who are undergoing economic and related sociocultural changes that affect family integrity....loss of jobs to maintain lifestyle, increased drug/alcohol abuse, often coupled with involvement in illegal activities, etc.

So GR and cr1 was " drug" into the bed room. That does not point to them being asleep. And some had soft tissue bruising. FR and HG were in their bed....I can see fr being forced back into their room away from the sleeping child in the living room. Just because they were found in bed does not mean they were sleeping. Imo
That is the route I am thinking. Maybe something like threatening HG/baby to keep FR in line. Which could account for the black eye. I am leaning toward the killers (I definitely think there was more than one) trying to get information (beating, non-fatal gsw's, threatening other family members) house to house. Then again that brings a whole new list of questions. I am so very confused. I can't shake the feeling that someone VERY close to the family fed too much information to the wrong people and it went terribly wrong. Moo.

That is the route I am thinking. Maybe something like threatening HG/baby to keep FR in line. Which could account for the black eye. I am leaning toward the killers (I definitely think there was more than one) trying to get information (beating, non-fatal gsw's, threatening other family members) house to house. Then again that brings a whole new list of questions. I am so very confused. I can't shake the feeling that someone VERY close to the family fed too much information to the wrong people and it went terribly wrong. Moo.

I think you are right about someone close running their mouth. :)

I keep picturing CR and GR being pressed for information (maybe where KR lived since his trailer was so remote) and were beaten and shot in limbs until they gave information. I picture additional perps being at DR and FR's homes using them as targets to get CR and GR to talk. Perps using cellphones or walkie talkies to communicate the orders and convince CR and GR what was happening to their loved ones. Once perps got the information, CR and GR were fatally shot. Thus the sound is irrelevant and the time and order of deaths hard to determine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member