OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes things are are being kept very hush hush. In many ways it is the nightmare case for every kind of news drug story we've heard in the news for a while now. Out of control drug abuse, destroyed white family culture, etc. All political fodder for the upcoming elections. Add to that a background of many stories of LE mischief, if not outright corruption and, ugh, we are in for a nauseating bad time. Personally, I hope there turns out be no evidence of LE corruption, but I don't like the look of Pike County's LE history. I think it is very difficult for widespread drug activity to be rampant without LE involvement at some level. In this environment LE being open and honest with the public is essential. Time will tell if all their current silence is worth the outcome.

BBM. I've never heard that phrase before. What does it mean?

And I am guessing they had window units, right? I know the few times I stayed in a place with window units, it was loud enough for me to hear nothing else!

I don't know what they had. Seems like it was cold enough outside, they probably didn't need A/C, and most likely didn't have the windows open.

I have a window unit that is fairly quiet, but still drowns out most other noise.

Young children often co sleep especially if mom is breastfeeding. The older child was sleeping on the couch so I really don't believe that the children sleeping with their parents was out of the ordinary.

I do think that this family was concerned about their safety in some part because of DRs posting for looking over them. What about FR saying yes to his 3 year old sleeping over though?

I am not very familiar with the country or guns. So bear with me. Would the gunshots have been loud enough silencer or not to wake up the people that were with in the trailer where the gun was shot?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Absolutely.

I do think that this family was concerned about their safety in some part because of DRs posting for looking over them. What about FR saying yes to his 3 year old sleeping over though?
I think Frankie & Hannah were, in fact, at the wrong place at the wrong time. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know anything about what was going on.

Could be that the person went to the two trailers on that property to kill Dana & Chris. They may not have known that Dana wasn't in that trailer anymore.

I think that's why some of us aren't that blown away by things they were doing.. Because we've grown up around it and watching it and when it's in your life like that, it's just normal. While I don't choose to do that, there was a point when I fell into it when I hit adulthood because that's all I knew. Having kids changed things for me, luckily, but it doesn't change it for everyone.. It's a very hard cycle to break. Some are just content with that lifestyle. Much of my family would be judged like crazy if this happened to them, but to them it's just the normal. They have been doing it for years.

That's a big concern of mine. Bringing children into this kind of lifestyle. Really, really sad.

I was talking to a friend who knows and has guns of every sort.
Regarding R murders, I asked about the silencer and what guns might have been used.
His response was - possibly air guns.
I know nothing about guns and thought he was not serious.
He said, yes, air guns can kill and are quiet. Anyone out there who can comment?
Don't know if this has been discussed.

I am not very familiar with the country or guns. So bear with me. Would the gunshots have been loud enough silencer or not to wake up the people that were with in the trailer where the gun was shot?

IMHO, with a silencer, maybe yes, maybe no. But it would depend on the people. Drug or alcohol abuse would lessen the likely hood an individual would awaken. (speaking generally, not to bash the deceased)

For instance, my husband would have never heard a thing. I don't think a gunshot, especially say from a 22 would have even made him turn over. A few beers and some people will sleep thru anything.

MOO, of course.

I'm sticking with Gary running his mouth about something that happened either in Greenup or Portsmouth. Kill Gary, kill everyone he told.

Competing theories are great. Makes us really pay close attention--or should anyway.

Right. I don't think either of the young Mothers seemed to think trouble was
coming that night. And neither did the two young men. Very odd in comparison to Dana.
And in comparison to CR Sr and GR seemingly together that night for some reason.
DR, CR, GR were on edge, in my opinion. KR was not. And neither were the younger adults.

I have a question and honestly it is not snark. But why do some think they didn't hear the guns and that they weren't awake? We don't know how many perps there were to control the situation had every one been awake and knew exactly what was going down. As far as neighbors go, they might have heard. They might have told LE or they might of decided they were not getting involved in this mess. I guess what I mean the hearing or not hearing didn't change anything.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by The OG

Guns are very loud. .Silencers are not common Someone should have heard.

I disagree. I live in the foothills and have neighbors around me who target shoot/hunt, we target shoot, and not once has anyone called the police or checked on us. That's during the day when people are awake too. I have a couple neighbors within my line of site and others 1/4 mile away. During the night, I'd most likely never hear shots going off, especially in rapid succession b/c it would only take a few seconds to fire off 12 shots. But even if I did, I'd definitely not know where they were coming from, and would most likely think someone was scaring off an animal, check the clock, go back to sleep. It's just not uncommon to hear gunshots around here, and I'm guessing not there either. Now, if I heard screams of help, that would be different.

Suppressors are more common, now that Ohio has made them legal for hunting. They can also be homemade.

I've heard a .22 rifle discharged in a dwelling (accidental), it wasn't loud and was actually subdued/muffled, about like slapping two pieces of hardwood together. A high-powered rifle shot in an urban setting outdoors can be a lot different than one fired in the woods, depending on surroundings. A suppressed .22 semi-auto handgun is just about the same sound as an air gun, the mechanical sound of the gun's slide/toggle actuating is almost as prominent as the shot itself.

New Year's and July 4th, seems like half the town around here is out firing their guns around midnight. It sounds like war for about an hour. I'm able to discern between rifles, shotguns, handguns, and there are occasional cannons or larger explosions thrown in. Shots fired from one direction are muffled and subdued, from other locations the shots echo around the hills and along the river. Sometimes it seems like you can tell if the shot was fired into the air or into the ground.

I'd say re-enacting shots fired inside a mobile home while listening outside or next door would surprise some (maybe me). I'm able to hear the neighbors out back when they're hanging pictures on the wall. At my friend's house, there's a trailer next door about 100' away, we can tell when their kids are jumping around on the floor. The way trailers sit up off the ground no doubt contributes to that. I'm a light sleeper and doubt any of that would wake me. The hammering/thumping is from something striking the structure itself, a gunshot is just a sound occurring inside the space.

I would think you would awaken, but by the time you processed what woke you, it would be too late.

Yes, C is in custody until his hearing on 5/25/16. He was picked up 5/20/16 because he has had a warrant out since 1/20/16 for FTA to pre-trial for his 6/1/15 crime.
C also has a current listing in the Scioto county jail. Possibly arrested by one dept. and held at another.

I have a question and honestly it is not snark. But why do some think they didn't hear the guns and that they weren't awake? We don't know how many perps there were to control the situation had every one been awake and knew exactly what was going down. As far as neighbors go, they might have heard. They might have told LE or they might of decided they were not getting involved in this mess. I guess what I mean the hearing or not hearing didn't change anything.

I totally agree. I'm convinced this wasn't a lone shooter. I'm also convinced the killers made sure they were sufficient in numbers to handle any surprises.

Absolutely.
So WHY didn't HG or FR wake up when the other was shot? (I am assuming from the way BJM described the scene). None of this case makes any sense. I really hope LE is closer than we are.

So WHY didn't HG or FR wake up when the other was shot? (I am assuming from the way BJM described the scene). None of this case makes any sense. I really hope LE is closer than we are.

Maybe there is more than one shooter.

You can squeeze off a lot of shots depending on the gun in rapid succession.

I am going solely by the way bjm describe the scene in her interview. As far as why it matters that may point to how sophisticated the killer or Killers may or may not be.. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member