OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So GR and cr1 was " drug" into the bed room. That does not point to them being asleep. And some had soft tissue bruising. FR and HG were in their bed....I can see fr being forced back into their room away from the sleeping child in the living room. Just because they were found in bed does not mean they were sleeping. Imo

That was BJM's description only. There is nothing to back up that claim that I've read or heard. A large pool of blood on the floor is all LE has said.

This family was never middle-class. They didn't undergo economic changes. This is textbook generational poverty. This seems to be a culture very much not like yours, based on your comments. That doesn't invite judgement into the Appalachian, or any rural poor, culture on anyone's part. What it does invite is a willingness to accept that not everyone drives a Tahoe or Odyssey and drinks $4 coffee. This family can't be judged through the lens of a suburban mom who goes to Pilates every day , or an urban subway rider, or a teenager who goes to Destin every Spring Break. None of that exists in their world, just as the lack of strong schools, job opportunities and college funding doesn't exist in ours.

Unfortunately they were likely above middle class in America today. Depending on what actual part of the country you live dictates that. It goes by income cost of living ratio. I know it's not the white picket fence leading up to a brick home in a fresh neighborhood as we like to see, but. From what I've read and saw about the area, if there was $30,000 in cash to put down on a property plus all the land bought and if you are going and buying cars at actuation (cash only) there was some money there. Legal or not they were doing a whole hell of a lot better than others in the area.

But, they probably did not see themselves as living in poverty. js.
I agree. They may not have white collar jobs, but they had plenty of useful/marketable skills for the area. KR was a utilities contractor (electrical trade, I'm assuming?), CR1 was a carpenter, DR and HR worked in health care, FR/CR1/CR2/KR/GR/LM/DR fixed up and/or sold cars and utes.

If anything, looking at the aerials of those properties over time, it seems like their bottom line might have been improving. IIRC the big pole barn was a new addition in ~2013-14, the garage where the pot plants were found at KR was also erected in the last 4-8 years, and of course the property DR was living on was a recent acquisition as of 2016. The numbers of cars, chicken coops, doghouses, etc. on the CR1/FR property also appear to have increased over the last few years.

All the victims had roofs over their heads and more cars than you can shake a stick at, food on the table, close family who cared about them, seemed to be in decent health, etc. Having inherited family land, I can't see them having a ton of expenses and they seemed to have plenty of money to enjoy their hobbies.

My son says yes, with a C02 cartridge and Treetop pellets (which according to him are pointed) it is very possible to kill an adult. Added advantage is air guns do not leave shell casings.

Years ago we had a Crossman .22 pellet gun. It killed a 200# pig that was going to be butchered...

There ended up being people on there pointing fingers, calling family members out and what not. I think it was either removed or made private. I'm getting an error message now.

it's open. I just joined.

it's open. I just joined.

Also, it's not a new page. It's the Justice For the Rhodens page renamed. It was started by a family member right after the murders, not the person mentioned upthread here. Things got nuts in there, and someone suggested the name and settings be changed to reflect that it was a memorial page, not a theories page. I've been a member for a bit now. The settings changed in the past day or so.

Here's a thought, FWIW. What if this was plotted out well in advance? Who would be targeted first? Possibly the ones who were most remote from other people. It would be easiest to kill them without attracting attention. So, what does this mean? That Kenneth may have been killed first. The last site would be the one with the closest neighbors because the gunshots at this location would be more likely to draw attention. So, what does this mean? That the site with four murder victims in two homes was the last stop. In fact, the last home to "hit" might've been the one that Bobby discovered first. Perhaps one or both of these men -- Chris Sr. or Gary -- heard something (i.e., gunshots at the other home) that woke them up. This would account for them being out of bed (unlike the others in the rest of the locations). These two men, still caught somewhat off-guard but awake, then engaged the killers in a physical altercation, requiring nine shots to subdue Chris Jr. At this point, the killers may have worried about all the commotion. It's possible that someone else on the same property (or nearby) was supposed to be another victim. But the physical altercation made the killers decide to get the heck out of the area as quickly as possible.

I don't think they were killed in the order that they were found. I don't think they were expecting trouble, at least not that kind, and I think they knew their assailant(s). There's also the three coincidences, all happening on that one night, that are strange to me. Only b/c they're just strange. DR working over, DS deciding not to stay nor go back the next morning to help his dear friend and cousin, the toddler being dropped off was also out of the norm. And, why didn't the other two people who were so close to the family get targeted? Why are DS, and BJM, still alive? As much time as they spent at those locations they have to know something.

I wish we knew which properties had forced entries. Someone involved in the sale of the new property could have kept a key. For all we know their ability to pay down $30,000 cash and borrow another 30k may have peaked someone's interest in their net worth. And CRjr and FR were known to travel with cash to buy cars. The excessive force used could have been to extract information about valuables.

I have to wonder what information was gotten off of their cellphones, who they had texted/talked to, seems if they had drug dealings there would be communication between them. I also wondered if DS called KR before going over.
And I wonder if KR being found hours after the others will hinder in the time of death, I have wondered what the order was. Jmo

Just wondering.:thinking:

Playing Devil's Advocate here, but if it's like a lot of areas throughout the region cell service stinks. I know people who have to just about do headstands in one corner of their house to make a phone call. A lot keep their landlines for local calls for that reason. I'd have figured DS would have just run over there about 5:30, when they were supposed to leave, or KR was supposed to pick him up that morning. However, DS may not be super attentive at following up on things like that either.

My son says yes, with a C02 cartridge and Treetop pellets (which according to him are pointed) it is very possible to kill an adult. Added advantage is air guns do not leave shell casings.

No shell casings?! Are Air Guns big or long like rifles? Can they be traced?

But, they probably did not see themselves as living in poverty. js.

Absolutely! From all appearances most of them worked hard for what they had and probably would be loathe to use any sort of public assistance. A lot of my extended family is the same way. There was some illegal activities but they shouldn't all be judged for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was BJM's description only. There is nothing to back up that claim that I've read or heard. A large pool of blood on the floor is all LE has said.

All I am saying is nothing said by anyone so far really proves the victims were asleep. That being said Le are not giving specific details so ya kinds gotta go with what witness say too.

I had no idea they could be so powerful!

They sure can! Like bullets, they (pellets/bbs/airgun projectiles in general) are manufactured in different shapes for different purposes. Plenty of people hunt or kill small to midsize game/pests with air rifles and air pistols. They're also just fun to shoot, so a lot of people who enjoy target shooting have them.

Pellets are cheaper than bullets for sure.

There was Gary's father's description.

Re; Hearing shots
Shooting indoors is very different than shooting outside. Shooting indoors causes reverberation. It's kind of like filling up an aquarium. You drop a pebble in it and the waves in the water that it makes are contained. You'll see the ripples flow out but they hit the walls of the aquarium and can go no further, so they roll back, unless there is a leak. Sound waves would be contained much the same way when a firearm is shot indoors except where sound could escape (open window). However, it's still not going to sound the same, nor travel far, you've got trees, hillsides, the exterior walls of the other homes blocking the waves, the wind carrying the waves in other directions, etc.. One thing is for sure, it would have been deafening in those trailers since most firearms are in the decibel range of at least 120db and that's just an average of pistols/rifles. Some go up 160+ db. An AR-15 can go to 180db. I'd not be surprised if the killers had some sort of ear protection if in fact this was planned. The ones sleeping were most likely completely stunned if they even had time to get their bearings. The babies and toddler should probably have their hearing checked.
BBM-I was going to ask about the babies' hearing earlier today, so thank you for mentioning that. A former co-worker of mine is completely deaf in one ear from her ex-husband shooting a gun at very close range. I don't know what kind of gun it was. I sure hope those poor little babies don't have hearing loss.

This puzzles me so much. They had to have been a good shot to not hit one of those kids. Is it possible that the babies were in cribs when the parents were shot and then placed in bed after? Just thinking out loud

This puzzles me so much. They had to have been a good shot to not hit one of those kids. Is it possible that the babies were in cribs when the parents were shot and then placed in bed after? Just thinking out loud

I have wondered if the babies were not somewhere else when the shooting was going on. Being held? In a crib....somewhere. Imo they were. Shooters were not gonna take a chance imo.

Pillow over head. Less noise, less splatter...

Close range wouldn't be a problem

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members