OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not too sure about CR1's actual sleeping arrangements. All of his property listings pointed to 4077 being his address. I don't know how many of you have lived in a small town but I can point to at least three couples I know who have, or have had, a set up like CR1's and DR's, w/o thinking hard at all. We always just said they couldn't live w/each other but couldn't live w/o each other. Today they use the term "It's Complicated". He may have been hanging out w/GR that night or maybe he and DR were going through one of those "complicated" time periods and he was sleeping there til it passed. But that home was not in DR's name at all, so that tells me that he expected to sleep there.

Maybe he and Gary knew something was up - maybe they even arranged to meet the perp(s) at the "office" trailer?

attachment.php

Made a quick thing, since I've seen people asking questions about DS's relation to the victims, as well.

So, Donald wasn't actually related to Gary. Correct?

I do understand all of GR connections. What I don't understand is why DeWine's original words on the grow operation are being ignored, or lessened to being only two hundred plants for personnel use. It seems like many are wanting LE and DeWine to give more information, bit when they state something pretty straight forward it is ignored like it was never said. Instead relying on later MSM reports.
I just don't get it. Why don't people believe it is a sophisticated grow house with hundreds of plants. One of the most sophisticated that DeWine has ever seen in Ohio? Those all seem to be words directly from him. Why isn't it believed is my question?

Oh, it's not that I don't believe them. But I'm leaning toward the Rs got greedy. Pot just is not as huge money maker as people think it is. LE puts exaggerated street value on pot plants when they find them. Let's say they had 200 since we hear that figure tossed around a lot. Say they had them on a three x per year cycle, and did not lose any plants to disease, had adequate grow lights, and everything went well from growth to drying, to sales (Which, by the way, you'd be able to smell it, easy, when you drove by there, during the harvest and curing phase, as close as they were to the road.) Then more than likely they'd gross around $80k each quarter. That's gross. They were more than likely splitting the gross between CR1, GR, KR and that's before their expenses. One indoor plant, on average, will yield about 3.5 ounces of dried flower if all goes well. Just a guess but I'd say most of what they sold was by the pound w/some kept back for themselves and friends/family. The figures that LE puts out there is not nearly what the producer gets.

Maybe but he also had 2 kids and a grandchild who lived there and it could be used for income (renting ) after they moved out.

What I mean is, for all intents and purposes, most people, do not move their exes into homes that they purchase, unless they plan to be there too. Most folks just aren't that generous to plunk down $30g cash and another $30g mortgage just so their ex can move a mile and a half up the road from them. At times when things were "complicated" he probably slept at the 4077 address, but when things were not "complicated", I'd say he was right there in that house w/DR and their kids. She called him the love of her life. If they've got an illegal grow op, and have three children together, I just don't see any morality issues w/getting the union legalized again before they slept under the same roof. CR1 was just not taking any chances that he'd have to split anything w/DR if things got a little too complicated.

So Gary, Chris, and Kenneth are brothers? For some reason I was thinking Gary was a cousin...

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

No, Gary is a cousin. KR and CR1 are brothers.

Oh, it's not that I don't believe them. But I'm leaning toward the Rs got greedy. Pot just is not as huge money maker as people think it is. LE puts exaggerated street value on pot plants when they find them. Let's say they had 200 since we hear that figure tossed around a lot. Say they had them on a three x per year cycle, and did not lose any plants to disease, had adequate grow lights, and everything went well from growth to drying, to sales (Which, by the way, you'd be able to smell it, easy, when you drove by there, during the harvest and curing phase, as close as they were to the road.) Then more than likely they'd gross around $80k each quarter. That's gross. They were more than likely splitting the gross between CR1, GR, KR and that's before their expenses. One indoor plant, on average, will yield about 3.5 ounces of dried flower if all goes well. Just a guess but I'd say most of what they sold was by the pound w/some kept back for themselves and friends/family. The figures that LE puts out there is not nearly what the producer gets.

The electric bills from a large indoor grow op would be fairly substantial. Even 30 or 40 600w grow lites could burn through $1500/month. Probably a lot more than most electric bills in the area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. We are off to enjoy it.

I'm not sure if I think someone in LE actually did this, but I do remember at least one high-profile case where an arsonist (John Orr) turned out to be the Fire Captain and the local arson investigator.

Without naming names, were there other Rhoden family members, who were not killed, who lived on Union Hill Road or on the nearby roads within close proximity to where DR, CSR1 and FR had homes?

I admit I am nieve when it comes to pot operations, but the point I am trying to make is that in DeWine first answer he says hundreds of plants (which could be up to 999 plants), and it was a sophisticated operation. He also does a radio interview that has it it is one of the most elaborate grow operations in Ohio. Then newspapers come out and throw around the number 200 without quoting DeWine.
If the number is closer to 900 mature plants then two hundred plants (some seedlings), would it change your mind in reguadds to thinking the murders may be over the grow operation?
Again I am nieve when it comes to grow operations, and DeWine. I guess I just take his first statement as there being a lot more than 200 plants for recreational use. It also leads me to believe that if someone is growing up to 900 hundred plants they would not hesitate to sell harder drugs. So I do think it is a possibility the murders were because of it, and maybe if I knew more about how it works I would change my mind.
I do think so many sleuths have brought up good theories other than than growhouse and each one makes me think yeah thats a possibility.
There isn't one theory at this time which I think aha that it, and I sure cannot figure out a suspect or suspects. I have a few that if they were arrested I wouldn't be surprised.

Without naming names, were there other Rhoden family members, who were not killed, who lived on Union Hill Road or on the nearby roads within close proximity to where DR, CSR1 and FR had homes?
Are you asking if others have been killed in the past, or asking who was killed during this "killing spree"?

Are you asking if others have been killed in the past, or asking who was killed during this "killing spree"?

Sorry for not being clear. What I am asking is whether there are any living family members -- beyond the seven killed on UHR and the children who were spared -- who lived in that stretch of UHR that night and were NOT killed.

Sorry for not being clear. What I am asking is whether any family members -- beyond the seven killed on UHR and the children who were spared -- who lived in that stretch of UHR that night NOT killed.
I believe there's at least one.

So, just to rehash what we know here, and for my own personal refresher....

Chris Rhoden Sr. - Found by Bobby Jo Manley at or about 7:49 AM on August 22nd at 4077 Union Hill Road. He was found laying on his back in a bedroom. It has been confirmed that he was shot 9 times in his abdomen, extremities and head, and might have suffered some soft tissue bruising indicative of a struggle of some kind. Of all 8 victims, he was the only one who was shot anywhere other than in the head. Per Bobby Jo Manley in interviews and her call to 911, there was blood all over the front room and drag marks leading to a bedroom, making it appear that either one or both people found at this residence had been dragged.

Gary Rhoden- Cousin to Chris Sr. Found by Bobby Jo Manley at Chris Rhoden Sr's house, 4077 Union Hill Road at 7:49 AM. He was found in the same bedroom as Chris Sr., and was laying on his back across Chris Sr's legs. Per Gary's dad in an interview, Gary was shot 3 times in the head.

Frankie Rhoden- Son of Christopher Rhoden Sr. and Dana Rhoden. Discovered by Bobby Jo Manley in a trailer at 4199 Union Hill Road next door to his dad Chris Rhoden Sr. He was found laying on his back next to his wife and 6 month old son. Per an interview with Bobby Jo, Frankie appeared to have a black eye. He was killed with an unknown number of shots to the head. The 6 month old child in bed with him was found unharmed and removed from the trailer by his Aunt Bobby Jo. His 3 year old son was also in the house and left unharmed. Per his mother, he may have been sleeping on the couch and not heard the shots ring out.

Hannah Gilley- Also discovered by Bobby Jo Manley in the trailer with her fiance, Frankie Rhoden at 4199 Union Hill Road. She was found in bed with Frankie, deceased, and her 6 month old child who was left alive. When she was found, she was laying on her side in the fetal position. She died from an unknown number of shots to the head.

Chris Rhoden Jr.- Son of Christopher Rhoden Sr. and Dana Rhoden. Discovered in his mother, Dana Rhoden's house at 3122 Union Hill Road, by an uncle James Manley who was sent to check on them after the family members discovered CSR, GR, FR, HG. It is unknown where he was in the house at the time because, as James entered the house (per his wife in an interview) he heard the 4 day old baby of Chris Jr's sister crying and backed out of the trailer, afraid of finding his family member's dead. Chris Rhoden Jr. died of an unknown number of shots to the head.

Hanna Rhoden- Daughter of Christopher Rhoden Sr. and Dana Rhoden. Discovered by James Manley in her mom, Dana Rhoden's house at 3122 Union Hill Road. Per LE statements, she was found in bed, possibly breastfeeding her 4 day old child. The 4 day old child survived. Hanna was killed with an unknown number of shots to the head.

Dana Rhoden-Wife of Christopher Rhoden Sr. and mother to Hannah Rhoden, Christopher Rhoden Jr. and Frankie Rhoden. She was discovered in an unknown area of her home at 3122 Union Hill Road. She died from an unknown number of shots to the head.

Kenneth Rhoden- Brother of Christopher Rhoden Sr. Found by a cousin, Donald Stone, at 1:22 PM, hours after the discovery of the Rhoden's and Hannah Gilley. He was found at his residence, a fifth wheel camper at 799 Left Fork road, laying in bed. Kenneth died from a single gunshot wound to the head. Donald Stone has said in interviews that Kenneth had money scattered at his feet, though this has been unconfirmed by an official sources. Also via interview, Donald Stone claims he saw "marijuana plants in a tray" in an outbuilding near Kenneth's home.

Per AG Dewine, grow operations of unknown sizes were found at 3 of the 4 crime scenes. Thus far, the only confirmation of a grow site has been through Donald Stone in regards to Kenneth Rhoden's home on Left Fork.

Mostly, I wrote this down to straighten it all out in my head and remember certain details, so I figured I would share it for anyone new starting up. There is a lot of info out there to sift through!

So, just to rehash what we know here, and for my own personal refresher....

Chris Rhoden Sr. - Found by Bobby Jo Manley at or about 7:49 AM on August 22nd at 4077 Union Hill Road. He was found laying on his back in a bedroom. It has been confirmed that he was shot 9 times in his abdomen, extremities and head, and might have suffered some soft tissue bruising indicative of a struggle of some kind. Of all 8 victims, he was the only one who was shot anywhere other than in the head. Per Bobby Jo Manley in interviews and her call to 911, there was blood all over the front room and drag marks leading to a bedroom, making it appear that either one or both people found at this residence had been dragged.

Gary Rhoden- Cousin to Chris Sr. Found by Bobby Jo Manley at Chris Rhoden Sr's house, 4077 Union Hill Road at 7:49 AM. He was found in the same bedroom as Chris Sr., and was laying on his back across Chris Sr's legs. Per Gary's dad in an interview, Gary was shot 3 times in the head.

Frankie Rhoden- Son of Christopher Rhoden Sr. and Dana Rhoden. Discovered by Bobby Jo Manley in a trailer at 4199 Union Hill Road next door to his dad Chris Rhoden Sr. He was found laying on his back next to his wife and 6 month old son. Per an interview with Bobby Jo, Frankie appeared to have a black eye. He was killed with an unknown number of shots to the head. The 6 month old child in bed with him was found unharmed and removed from the trailer by his Aunt Bobby Jo. His 3 year old son was also in the house and left unharmed. Per his mother, he may have been sleeping on the couch and not heard the shots ring out.

Hannah Gilley- Also discovered by Bobby Jo Manley in the trailer with her fiance, Frankie Rhoden at 4199 Union Hill Road. She was found in bed with Frankie, deceased, and her 6 month old child who was left alive. When she was found, she was laying on her side in the fetal position. She died from an unknown number of shots to the head.

Chris Rhoden Jr.- Son of Christopher Rhoden Sr. and Dana Rhoden. Discovered in his mother, Dana Rhoden's house at 3122 Union Hill Road, by an uncle James Manley who was sent to check on them after the family members discovered CSR, GR, FR, HG. It is unknown where he was in the house at the time because, as James entered the house (per his wife in an interview) he heard the 4 day old baby of Chris Jr's sister crying and backed out of the trailer, afraid of finding his family member's dead. Chris Rhoden Jr. died of an unknown number of shots to the head.

Hanna Rhoden- Daughter of Christopher Rhoden Sr. and Dana Rhoden. Discovered by James Manley in her mom, Dana Rhoden's house at 3122 Union Hill Road. Per LE statements, she was found in bed, possibly breastfeeding her 4 day old child. The 4 day old child survived. Hanna was killed with an unknown number of shots to the head.

Dana Rhoden-Wife of Christopher Rhoden Sr. and mother to Hannah Rhoden, Christopher Rhoden Jr. and Frankie Rhoden. She was discovered in an unknown area of her home at 3122 Union Hill Road. She died from an unknown number of shots to the head.

Kenneth Rhoden- Brother of Christopher Rhoden Sr. Found by a cousin, Donald Stone, at 1:22 PM, hours after the discovery of the Rhoden's and Hannah Gilley. He was found at his residence, a fifth wheel camper at 799 Left Fork road, laying in bed. Kenneth died from a single gunshot wound to the head. Donald Stone has said in interviews that Kenneth had money scattered at his feet, though this has been unconfirmed by an official sources. Also via interview, Donald Stone claims he saw "marijuana plants in a tray" in an outbuilding near Kenneth's home.

Per AG Dewine, grow operations of unknown sizes were found at 3 of the 4 crime scenes. Thus far, the only confirmation of a grow site has been through Donald Stone in regards to Kenneth Rhoden's home on Left Fork.

Mostly, I wrote this down to straighten it all out in my head and remember certain details, so I figured I would share it for anyone new starting up. There is a lot of info out there to sift through!
Great recap! Thanks!

I find it very interesting to learn that they were all shot multiple times in the head.....except Chris1, who was also shot elsewhere. Does that indicate he fought or tried to get away, or that he was their main target and they wanted to torture him before killing him? Heck, they may have even made him watch them kill the rest. And, if I recall correctly, some were shot 3 times and some even 5 times! All in their heads! Why so many shots in their heads? This just feels like there is so much anger behind these murders. It still makes me feel like it was someone who knew them and had much anger/hate built up towards them.

I think it was by people professionally trained as a background. They came in shot them multiple times with shots to the head. LM said there was a blood trail, seems like the killers wanted them found in the bedroom. Is that a callsign they want to keep, victims found in bedroom? Why else would they be dragged into the bedroom?

DR was found in the living room floor, from what I can understand, so why wasn't she put in her bedroom? Did killers have more than one group that went to the homes at the same time? They just came in with shots to her head, and took out the other two before they could get out of bed, or call for help, so two or more people had to have done this, JMO. They got the dogs out, or they waited till the dogs were let out for a potty break. I'm sure they'd been watching and knew the normal habits at night since they'd been planning it.

They covered themselves, took what evidence not get caught. I can only assume that's cameras, maybe phones and laptops, or computer harddrives. If they didn't take those electronics that means they had no contact with the victims via phone or internet. There's not a fingerprint, fiber, or hair to ID one person?

Candy Newsome as shot in the back of her head in bed, her teen daughter in the back of the head as she was trying to run. I think maybe she was going to open the door, maybe that's what Dana was doing, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro