OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks team. Am getting my head around this.
IMO I would suggest that there may be a need to identify that people were in their own beds and not 'at odds' (i.e.prior knowledge of trouble coming on this particular night). This is why I'm asking for clarification please. TIA

Gary was staying with CR1 - On the coroners list for 8:07am (#1)
Four minutes later, CR1 was found with son Frankie and Frankie's gf HG - all 3 on the list as 8:11am (#2,3,4)
Five minutes after that, Dana plus Chris Jnr and Hanna (mother and two of her children) were found - on the list as 8:17am (#5,6,7)

That afternoon,Kenneth was found 1:26pm and added to the coroners list (#8)

My question is related to Gary and/or CR Snr - Was CR1 in his own home with his visiting brother Gary, or was he found at the residence of Frankie and Hannah Gilley?

http://www.zeemaps.com/view?group=1981793&x=-83.233770&y=38.993687&z=6

It's really boggling my mind about the TOD's.

Totally understand the difficulty in deciding them all if they were all killed in close proximity, but even KR's being listed at 1349 is strange, right? Isn't this a bit unusual?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought they could get the time of death within hours from body temperature and ambient temperature.

I do understand all of GR connections. What I don't understand is why DeWine's original words on the grow operation are being ignored, or lessened to being only two hundred plants for personnel use. It seems like many are wanting LE and DeWine to give more information, bit when they state something pretty straight forward it is ignored like it was never said. Instead relying on later MSM reports.
I just don't get it. Why don't people believe it is a sophisticated grow house with hundreds of plants. One of the most sophisticated that DeWine has ever seen in Ohio? Those all seem to be words directly from him. Why isn't it believed is my question?

In my experience, I just question it. I gave an example the other night of a friend of ours that got busted and all the news reports made it sound like he was working with the cartel and all this other crazy stuff when he had 35 plants, 11 more than he was legally allowed to grow. And this was coming from the police that busted him.

Also, it was in articles that it was stated 200, which can also be considered "hundreds", more than 100. We've also discussed the probability that these plants weren't all on the same grow cycle because that would leave them awhile with no product and a helluva lot of work to deal with at once.

In addition, there was a bust of 1200 plants in Pike County several years back, etc.

Nobody has ever said they were personally smoking all 200 plants, but if they are on different grow cycles and personal users, likely dealing to friends/family/friends of friends, I question how much extra that would really leave. JMO.

I am going to tell on myself a bit here . When I was 19 (almost 20years ago) a friend ask if I would ride with him to the next city over. I agreed. On our way back we get pulled over by about a half dozen officers. Get out with your hands up .... Kind of pulled over ... I crawled out of the car crying. The police standing over me gun drawn .... Said this isn't the car and left . No explanation to us or anything. I get back in the car terrified. The guy says "oh **** that was close ". I'm like uh what
He took the car home (where my car was parked ) he gets out and starts taking door panels off .... There was bricks of pot in them. I didn't stick around to find out how much more he got out.
I'm just saying. The pot being hidden .... Doesn't surprise me

The police were looking for a robbery suspect that matched this cars description. That's why we had been pulled over

I am sorry for all the mistakes in this post. I can't see but one line at a time when posting via tapatalk

You were very fortunate! O.O Not to dismiss, or minimize, your experience at all, but most of the time "bricks" come from cartel based operations and I just don't see the Rs as having that type of pot operation. Pot is just so plentiful and the money was probably decent but they may have gotten greedy. I'm thinking they may have gotten into something else they were moving back and forth between Greenup, Piketon, and Detroit. Something along the lines of Oxy or Heroin and they weren't the big fish anymore. In Piketon they were probably fairly decent sized fish in a pretty small pond. Not so much if they branched out, and found they needed protection from someone who was in a position to provide it.

So many interesting and intriguing theories! May I offer another idea to muddy the waters? There are criminal types that specialize in targeting other criminal types. They pay attention and watch and listen. They are not outsiders and have intimate knowledge of what is going on in the criminal underworld and who the players are. Like Mr. Sutton said, "Because that is where the money is." They operate often by home invasion, having done their intel and planning beforehand. A small, tight few, probably with history doing time together in prison. Even criminals fear them. Rhoden had $30Gs for a down payment on a house? That is pretty big for anyone to have around. If there is money, it cant be put in a bank. We have speculated that there may have been potential for generating income. The infrastructure for any sophisticated grow operation is not cheap, and how many were there? Two or three I think. There is often substantial initial investment. Etc. etc. No need for psychopathic serial killers and mass murders and rogue LE. Just a few hard core, experienced and ruthless criminal types. And I think the Rhodens knew them from their various enterprises, thus the necessity of leaving no witnesses to ID. Just silly food for thought..

Not silly. You are the first person that I feel is even close to what happened here. And even though marijuana has been publicly discussed by LE, what HAVENT they mentioned? This county and the surrounding counties are saturated (and I dont use that word lightly) with narcotics and heroin. Search for the number of herion, oxycontin, oxycodone arrests. In scioto, ross, and pike. Note how many carrying huge amounts are from out of state. search for newspaper articles regarding overdoses- a month or 2 ago there were 8 in one weekend in Chillicothe. I dont even know if LE understands the depth of it. (Or maybe they do) Also note that these seem less frequent in pike county. Its not because the problem doesnt exist, trust me. If for example someone were heavy into the pill trade and wanted out due to the danger, marijuana would be a way to do that- big money, rural area, indoor grow. But large amounts of cash would be on hand, or product. And the people you were dealing with would know that. And if you made them mad, double crossed them, or stole from them, more than your life would be forfeit. CR1 and GR were moved into a back room. Why? surely the killers werent concerned about them being found. But maybe they were looking for something. And if you are into something that heavy, your family probably knows or participates and they would know who did it and have to be eliminated.

IMO I would suggest that there may be a need to identify that people were in their own beds and not 'at odds' (i.e.prior knowledge of trouble coming on this particular night). This is why I'm asking for clarification please. TIA

Four minutes later, CR1 was found with son Frankie and Frankie's gf HG - all 3 on the list as 8:11am (#2,3,4)
Five minutes after that, Dana plus Chris Jnr and Hanna (mother and two of her children) were found - on the list as 8:17am (#5,6,7)

My question is related to Gary and/or CR Snr - Was CR1 in his own home with his visiting brother Gary, or was he found at the residence of Frankie and Hannah Gilley?

We know HR, HG, FR, and KR were found in beds. We know CRsr and GR were found on the floor. We do not know where CRjr and DR were.

There was speculation that CRjr was outside and was fleeing. The fact that it's been confirmed today he was shot in the head leads me to believe he was either inside, or when he was fleeing was caught and shot outside. Either way, it would take some skill to shoot someone in the head running, and since KR was the only one with a single shot to the head, it was more than one shot in CRjr's head. It has been indicated he was found in the home in reports, but nothing LE confirmed IIRC.

CRsr was in his 4077 residence with GR. They were found in the same room on the floor.

So Gary, Chris, and Kenneth are brothers? For some reason I was thinking Gary was a cousin...

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

That's what I get for copying her original question, yes, Gary was a cousin.

I always thought they could get the time of death within hours from body temperature and ambient temperature.

Yes, I thought it was based on liver temperature. But I guess not always.

The part I have bolded above, Gary was Chris Rhoden SR's cousin... not his brother.

From your link: BBM

DeWine is out fundraising for his campaign for governor (for profit charter school execs make big donations), he's not investigating. He's just issuing press releases.

Seems somewhat discouraging that, with all the money spent, interviews and evidence gathered, they're no closer to finding the killers.

I find it very interesting to learn that they were all shot multiple times in the head.....except Chris1, who was also shot elsewhere. Does that indicate he fought or tried to get away, or that he was their main target and they wanted to torture him before killing him? Heck, they may have even made him watch them kill the rest. And, if I recall correctly, some were shot 3 times and some even 5 times! All in their heads! Why so many shots in their heads? This just feels like there is so much anger behind these murders. It still makes me feel like it was someone who knew them and had much anger/hate built up towards them.

Isnt a death certificate public knowledge or how does that work?
My husband passed away and
About 6 to 8 months after his death I was getting satellite switched from one home to another and I was removing his name from the bill , they looked his death up in a matter of minutes.... I am not sure what they could see but they verified His passing

With my dad, a few places just looked up his obituary online.

I find it very interesting to learn that they were all shot multiple times in the head.....except Chris1, who was also shot elsewhere. Does that indicate he fought or tried to get away, or that he was their main target and they wanted to torture him before killing him? Heck, they may have even made him watch them kill the rest. And, if I recall correctly, some were shot 3 times and some even 5 times! All in their heads! Why so many shots in their heads? This just feels like there is so much anger behind these murders. It still makes me feel like it was someone who knew them and had much anger/hate built up towards them.

It's possible that some of the gunshot wounds may be exit wounds.

IOW, a person might be shot twice in the head, but have three gunshot wounds. Two entry, one exit, one bullet remaining in the body.

We won't be able to determine how many times each were shot (with the exception of KR who is confirmed to have one gunshot wound) until we are able to know what is in the final autopsy report.

Nine gunshot wounds could turn out to be "shot four times" or any other combination of entry and exit wounds.

Or it could be shot nine times. We really don't have the full answers yet.

You know, it's bad enough 8 people were killed. I've already said I feel like it was just flat out execution. But good grief. That many head shots is just diabolical.

bros.png
Made a quick thing, since I've seen people asking questions about DS's relation to the victims, as well.

I'm not down with this theory. If they made him watch, it would've been loud. Loud enough that victims wouldn't have been found in bed, perhaps even sleeping. Besides, I believe entry was made through the windows in at least two crime scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro