OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone would maybe know about frangible bullets and know to think about such things like that in case things went wrong. Someone who'd maybe think they'd need them if they were trying to specifically ambush all of the people, in their sleep, close quarters. They know how to go in there commit the crime, they don't necessarily want to do it though, that's why they were all asleep, and several head-shots, quick and certain they were dead. But, when he gets to CR1's trailer one of them wakes up as he's coming in, and he knows him, a small tussle may ensue but he ends up killing them both but it's messy. Drags them to their bedrooms, he radios for the driver to pick him/them up and they leave. Kind of like a hunter.

I wouldn't see the use of frangible ammo for a smaller caliber weapon. Not really much risk of ricochets in a mobile home. A 45 ACP would definitely fit the bill to cover contingencies. I do agree with your assessment of what may have happened at CR1's trailer. It still could have been over in less than 5 minutes in and out. Whoever did this was probably not the type that would get rattled as he was obviously a really cold blooded SOB.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just playing the Devil's Advocate.

Why drag someone you have just killed unless you have personal feelings for them? What does it matter where they are shot?

And who did you kill first, Gary or CR Sr. And what was the second party doing while you dealt with the first party.

Jic someone heard something and/or comes by while they're getting cameras and such together. It would be dark so they'd see nothing through the door window (?) Or the battle may have started there and ked worked their way back to where they tried to get their own guns.

I defer to you on the ammo. I only know it exhists. :) But, yeah, this fella ' s cold, but he doesn't do this for a living, or hire out, I think he just saw it as necessary, and he had a little help, maybe from within the family. Maybe w/o their knowledge toi.

Whomever did it felt so threatened by a sleeping teenage girl that he or she had to kill two of them. Yet that person did not take out other family members living close by despite having intimate knowledge of the family's living arrangements and locations.

That fact alone is a game charger for me. Doesn't really matter what ammo was used. This killer had powerful passion against some members of a family, but not all. Why?

I defer to you on the ammo. I only know it exhists. :) But, yeah, this fella ' s cold, but he doesn't do this for a living, or hire out, I think he just saw it as necessary, and he had a little help, maybe from within the family. Maybe w/o their knowledge toi.

Thanks for the bullet info. Just a wee bit curious why you think this is/maybe a reluctant/inexperienced killer?

Hi people, I am a new member who is currently reading all the posts written so far and am currently on Thread 8. I jumped ahead because I saw the subject of the location of the 5th possible crime scene/5th search warrant video and then the subject of where that might be seemed to be dropped. It may not have been and you may already know this but I can't read through 8 more threads before I find out. I located the 5th potential crime scene where a search warrant was served by comparing the roof of the barn in the news video to the roof of the barn at 799 West Fork Road and it's a perfect match. (I used Google Earth.) This is not where KR lived but about "500 yards down the road." I found out who claims to be living in that house at the time of the murders on this individual's SM account so you know I can't say who it is. I also don't know how to download a photo from my private photo collection so I can't show you but if you use Google Earth and locate KR's camper and come back the road to the next property down on the opposite side of the road... you will find the barn room that matches the news video. http://www.whio.com/videos/news/new-...ebook_2014_sfp
Please disregard if this has already been figured out but it's slow going trying to catch up. Haven't figured out how to navigate this site and I had to "crawl" here by hitting "LAST" on each Thread to get here. At this point, I might just read backwards to Thread 8 and then rejoin you all wherever you are by then!
Thank you for this. I had also missed a lot of posts and never saw what was figured as the 5th scene. I wonder if the person who lives there was supposed to be a target, but was not home, and there was a break in or some other reason for them to call it a 5th crime scene.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thank you for the welcome! The only IG account I've seen is HR's and I'll post the link. I don't think it has any significant info but just thought I would share.

https://www.instagram.com/redneck_gal_97/

Riia409, Thank you for this. I couldn't find her account when I initially looked for it. More than even Facebook, this peek into her life really got to me. :cry: She was so young.

I keep thinking about that: if it was truly personal and directed at one of them, you'd think it would have been hard for someone to sustain rage long enough to kill 7 more people, most (if not all) of whom were completely defenseless. What a coward (or cowards). :furious:

Thanks for the bullet info. Just a wee bit curious why you think this is/maybe a reluctant/inexperienced killer?
Not necessarily that, just not his normal "job", but he's no problem with it

Whomever did it felt so threatened by a sleeping teenage girl that he or she had to kill two of them. Yet that person did not take out other family members living close by despite having intimate knowledge of the family's living arrangements and locations.

That fact alone is a game charger for me. Doesn't really matter what ammo was used. This killer had powerful passion against some members of a family, but not all. Why?

I like how you didn't assume this was a man!! 😉

Not necessarily that, just not his normal "job", but he's no problem with it

So, just a guess? Not body location of bullets? Not number of shots? What I am, I think hearing you say, is that the shooter was a family and/or family friend who was doing what they felt they had to do....maybe to keep their own life? Sorry for the press, but having closely read your well written posts, I am surprised by the just a guess component.

Any thoughts why they only shot Kenneth once? There is something so odd about Kenneth.....by himself miles from the others and found hours after the others were found and only one shot in the head. Everyone else, including young mothers and a teenaged boy had multiple head shots, but Kenneth only had one. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something different about Kenneth. Does one shot indicate they maybe didn't want to shoot Kenneth, but had to? Did it indicate they were not full of hate and rage for Kenneth like the rest of them? Did someone double cross Kenneth? Was Kenneth perhaps shot by someone different than who shot the others? Did one or two people take care of the ones living closer together, while another shooter was out at Kenneth's? They is just something about Kenneth.

That he might have been targeted but missed is something I hadn't considered. He did stay there at the house though and didn't seem overly frightened. If I HAD to pick a person who was the "insider" who provided information to the killers ahead of time, I would pick him. I have been running myself in circles with a new set of rotating theories on a daily basis and sometimes I include him and sometimes I throw him out of the mix. This is the most frustrating murder I have ever tried to reason out. But I have loved reading here and learning what everyone else has had to say. In a case like this, with so little information forthcoming from authorities, I think this continual sorting and discussing is the best that can be done.

Thank you for this. I had also missed a lot of posts and never saw what was figured as the 5th scene. I wonder if the person who lives there was supposed to be a target, but was not home, and there was a break in or some other reason for them to call it a 5th crime scene.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That he might have been targeted but missed is something I hadn't considered. He did stay there at the house though and didn't seem overly frightened. If I HAD to pick a person who was the "insider" who provided information to the killers ahead of time, I would pick him. I have been running myself in circles with a new set of rotating theories on a daily basis and sometimes I include him and sometimes I throw him out of the mix. This is the most frustrating murder I have ever tried to reason out. But I have loved reading here and learning what everyone else has had to say. In a case like this, with so little information forthcoming from authorities, I think this continual sorting and discussing is the best that can be done.

Any thoughts why they only shot Kenneth once? There is something so odd about Kenneth.....by himself miles from the others and found hours after the others were found and only one shot in the head. Everyone else, including young mothers and a teenaged boy had multiple head shots, but Kenneth only had one. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something different about Kenneth. Does one shot indicate they maybe didn't want to shoot Kenneth, but had to? Did it indicate they were not full of hate and rage for Kenneth like the rest of them? Did someone double cross Kenneth? Was Kenneth perhaps shot by someone different than who shot the others? Did one or two people take care of the ones living closer together, while another shooter was out at Kenneth's? They is just something about Kenneth.

We are receiving very few details. Kenneth definitely seems different than the others. There is a slight possibility he was killed with the others and deposited back home? Or in the car on the way somewhere (home) ? I am not familiar with the 5th wheel campers but how tall are they? How difficult would it be to target his head? And then there is the money on his body aspect. He is the one that doesn't quite make sense.
JMO and a lot of guessing!

also adding that DS only mentions blood in his eyes... don't head wounds bleed a lot?

I do believe KR was shot by someone different from the others though still part of the whole plan. I look at his property and feel it would have been next to impossible to get up that dirt drive and up onto the porch and into that small living space (with a fierce guard dog on watch) and still have the time to kill him while he slept peacefully and totally unaware. I think whoever shot KR was invited into his home and was trusted. If not trusted, had called and arranged to come by and try to "straighten out the trouble between us" that someone else in the murdered group had caused. IOW, KR might have been tricked and was at ease. It may have even been a woman inviting herself over for the night or vice versa. When KR fell asleep, he was shot. Just speculation, of course. (and if it was a man,) he could have feigned the need to just "close his eyes for awhile" due to being "loaded" on some drug... they may have even shared drugs and KR fell asleep while the other did not and then shot him. This would explain why DS did not stay that night. KR may have told him "sorry" but there's was a change in plans. If KR's killer was right there when KR changed his plans in a call to DS, the killer would know that DS was not a threat and didn't need to be killed.

Websleuths owner, Tricia Griffith discusses this case with area reporter, Hannah Sparling with the Cincinnati Inquirer on the True Crime radio show. http://www.spreaker.com/user/triciag

My thoughts are that he could have been the first one to go as a murder staged to look like a suicide so that the crime would appear as a murder suicide. That would have been case closed real quick with nowhere near the investigation that now exists. Any more than one shot would eliminate that as a possibility during the investigation. There are a few possible things that could of went wrong and messed up the perp(s) plan.

1- DR worked a double and came home after 11 PM which could have thrown the timing off.

2- FR's ex dropped off his son and stayed until 10:30 PM which could have thrown the timing off.

3- CRSr put up a fight and it got messy. Since KR wouldn't have blood from this scene in this scenario

Just a theory.

Let me hop in with a moment to reflect on you accounts of Kenneth and Mr.Stone. I had The pleasure of
reading his account of finding Kenneth that morning...Stone told the reporter that he did have plans to sleep
in the fifth-wheel, changed his mind..(he made a smart decision) Mr, stone never told Kenneth of the change of plans.
Kenneth climbs up to the top bunk expecting Mr.Stone to occup the best bed, most convenient to sleep next
to main entrance door.(perfect set-up for killer. Killer is consumed with the rage that money has turned that family
Into animals.Kenneth does not seem to be conscious of the killer interning his fifth-wheel because he
has expected Mr. Stone to show up. The killer had a clean shot and scattered the root of almost all evil
around him as a signal that the stuff that he scattered around his feet was the very problem that got him killed.
The reason the killer went miles out his way to a remote camper in some woods to kill a nice guy like
Kenneth,,,because Kennerh was on his radar along with 6 others and the killer may have thought he
finished his list at that point...I am curious to find out how many Rhoden families lived close by related to
the victim family, but spared the slaughter...J.M.O. (Forgive typos)

Into animals

My thoughts are that he could have been the first one to go as a murder staged to look like a suicide so that the crime would appear as a murder suicide. That would have been case closed real quick with nowhere near the investigation that now exists. Any more than one shot would eliminate that as a possibility during the investigation. There are a few possible things that could of went wrong and messed up the perp(s) plan.

1- DR worked a double and came home after 11 PM which could have thrown the timing off.

2- FR's ex dropped off his son and stayed until 10:30 PM which could have thrown the timing off.

3- CRSr put up a fight and it got messy. Since KR wouldn't have blood from this scene in this scenario

Just a theory.

And if it was staged to look like a suicide, then there would have been a gun left with KR (even if it was his own).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NH_Gal