OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have any thoughts to share?

Kenneth died without a will - daughter Kendra appointed
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...en-children-property-still-resolved/84844856/

Letter to the Editor regarding murders
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opi...eculation-and-dead-pike-county-rest/84762470/

Even Brutus, after he killed Caesar, had the decency to proclaim soon after in an oration, “De Mortuis nihil nisi bonum,” which means “concerning the dead say nothing but good.”

If parents are using While kids are there growing up with them, IMO, they do bear some responsibility for the kid's drug use. We are very socilizable beings...not doubt about that.

I've seen kids grow up around a lot of things, it turns some of them completely off of the lifestyle. I've seen others grow up in the most June and Ward, Leave it to Beaver, homes you could imagine and turn out to be total addicts. It does not define who you grow up to be. If so, we'd all be exact duplicates of our parents, and we are not.

I have wondered, b/c of GR's ties to others in the drug trade, beside these eight family members growing pot, and his own brother being arrested a couple years back, who was already a felon at that time, if perhaps, whoever did this confused the two Kenneth Rhoden's? Maybe it was supposed to be CR1's family and the two Ky. Rhoden brothers.

Kenneth died without a will - daughter Kendra appointed
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...en-children-property-still-resolved/84844856/

Letter to the Editor regarding murders
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opi...eculation-and-dead-pike-county-rest/84762470/

Even Brutus, after he killed Caesar, had the decency to proclaim soon after in an oration, “De Mortuis nihil nisi bonum,” which means “concerning the dead say nothing but good.”

WRT the Letter to the Editor, I can only agree about media speculation that is harmful to the victims. It goes without saying that the news media must keep following the investigation to ensure the victims receive justice and the public is protected. We need the media to keep the case in the news, to keep pressure on the prosecutors and investigators to do their jobs and be accountable to the public. Otherwise, the case could easily go cold and the murders swept under the rug.

JMO.

Everything I have ever learned or read, states that contract killers have separated themselves from the emotion. IMO they would not have spared the children. It would have been part of the job. This was more on a personal/business end to destroy the entire family and send a message, but the question remains as to who and why? I also can't shake feeling the perps waited until HR gave birth to Kylie. She was only 4-days old and spared. I don't recall which article, but right after the murders a local commented that they thought this was local hillbilly justice. Taking care of their own.

I don't think this was "contract" killers, per se. I think these people knew this family, the Rhodens didn't see it coming, had done something that another person/family has felt was so disrespectful, or utterly despicable, to them, in their eyes, that they could not let it go. It may have been years in the making and this one thing was the straw that broke the camel's back. Kind of like the woman who divorced her husband for eating her red, ripe, garden, tomato, she'd picked, and saved, just for herself for her lunch. No one could believe she'd left him over a tomato. But, later, we found it really wasn't about the tomato when it was all said and done. It was the years leading up to the tomato. The tomato was the straw.

I am always skeptical when a government agency decides to start talking about itself and how well they do their job. Doesn't matter if its sugar beet inspections or boat safety inspections.

I listened to the video again and noted that the head of BCI said the SIU was involved.
  • The Special Investigations Unit conducts probes that fall outside the scope of BCI's other investigative units. Typical cases include serial crimes, unsolved homicides, fugitive apprehension, police-involved shootings, public corruption investigations, and dignitary protection.
While the Rhoden murders are mass and not serial, I can understand SIU's involvement - but still find it interesting to note.

Sorry reply was to post #52 osotejano...I obviously need a lesson in posting :(

I posted this same thought many threads ago as well...only time will tell what cards are held and who has the best hand. Justice isn't always served how the majority would like to see. LE may or may not have the skill or insight necessary to succeed, but then again what is their goal? They have been vague, and that can allow them room for falling short of getting to the real root of who/what really was and is going on. The public may settle for a smaller win/success...this is exactly what I think the true guilty party(ies) are gambling on and the odds and luck fall on both sides of the law. We may never actually know, or be able to prove anything.

Sorry reply was to post #52 osotejano...I obviously need a lesson in posting :(

I posted this same thought many threads ago as well...only time will tell what cards are held and who has the best hand. Justice isn't always served how the majority would like to see. LE may or may not have the skill or insight necessary to succeed, but then again what is their goal? They have been vague, and that can allow them room for falling short of getting to the real root of who/what really was and is going on. The public may settle for a smaller win/success...this is exactly what I think the true guilty party(ies) are gambling on and the odds and luck fall on both sides of the law. We may never actually know, or be able to prove anything.

If they wait long enough it will no longer be on everyone's mind. Then they can say, "X" did it and the public will say, Eh, OK if you say so and forget it. There won't be the demand for details...

I was recently wondering about other links to the Rhoden family and CR1 & KR's recent participation in grow ops and the drug trade. I'm assuming they were relatively new to the business, hadn't been growing pot that long and may have just begun making "shatter". We've considered some enemies they may have made in the business - sellers, distributors, etc. What about other players normally involved in the drug/marijuana business - those who finance operations, launder money, etc.

Banks who launder drug money for Mexican cartels have been in the news in recent years - everyone from HSBC to Citigroup to Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) to Western Union.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-20/inside-the-money-laundering-scheme-that-citi-overlooked-for-years

http://www.ibtimes.com/citi-deutsche-bank-bank-america-were-channels-sending-drug-money-colombia-court-1686232

Local growers and dealers would have a hard time hiding a lot of cash in their mobile homes, etc. Were there any local banks or other financial organizations that could have been involved in helping launder local drug money?

I was recently wondering about other links to the Rhoden family and CR1 & KR's recent participation in grow ops and the drug trade. I'm assuming they were relatively new to the business, hadn't been growing pot that long and may have just begun making "shatter". We've considered some enemies they may have made in the business - sellers, distributors, etc. What about other players normally involved in the drug/marijuana business - those who finance operations, launder money, etc.

Banks who launder drug money for Mexican cartels have been in the news in recent years - everyone from HSBC to Citigroup to Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) to Western Union.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ndering-scheme-that-citi-overlooked-for-years

http://www.ibtimes.com/citi-deutsch...els-sending-drug-money-colombia-court-1686232

Local growers and dealers would have a hard time hiding a lot of cash in their mobile homes, etc. Were there any local banks or other financial organizations that could have been involved in helping launder local drug money?

Nothing has been mentioned about Shatter or anything but the grow operations being commercial which could be subjective....

I am always skeptical when a government agency decides to start talking about itself and how well they do their job. Doesn't matter if its sugar beet inspections or boat safety inspections.

"Decides to start talking about itself"? I doubt the official in the video (if that's who you're referring to) initiated contact with the reporter. It was most likely the other way around. I also suspect that he couldn't say much about the investigation. So, the interview had to focus on the breadth and depth of the investigation only in general terms. I never got the sense the official was congratulating himself or his team. He was basically describing how this case, because it involved the brutal and shocking murder of eight people, required an unprecedented kind of response. That's my take on it, FWIW.

this is just a question---Have any of you heard about someone (possibly a family member) who OD'd and died at CR's house? Possibly a year ago? Not exactly sure of when?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ndering-scheme-that-citi-overlooked-for-years

http://www.ibtimes.com/citi-deutsch...els-sending-drug-money-colombia-court-1686232

Since 9-11 , new anti money laundering regulations and laws have been put in place. Institutions are required to obtain "source of funds" documentation. Clients must prove where the money is from. Regulations require that if they are unable to provide this information they are to be reported to authorities. Still could be possible with dishonest people.

I've seen kids grow up around a lot of things, it turns some of them completely off of the lifestyle. I've seen others grow up in the most June and Ward, Leave it to Beaver, homes you could imagine and turn out to be total addicts. It does not define who you grow up to be. If so, we'd all be exact duplicates of our parents, and we are not.

You are exactly right. The phenomenon you have just pointed out is the reverse effect either a positive or negative role model can have on a person. But , you know, most of us are just in the middle, as always. And of course, then, whether you respond negatively or positively to your role models...it does, to a great extent define "who you grow up to be." And I really do not understand the last sentence, a duplicate is a twin right?

If parents are using While kids are there growing up with them, IMO, they do bear some responsibility for the kid's drug use. We are very socilizable beings...not doubt about that.

There are also plenty of people that use who have parents with high end jobs in nice houses with nice cars that don't use that preach to their kids their entire adolescent life how bad drugs are.

And there are plenty of kids that grow up with parents that use that don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You you are exactly right. The phenomenon you have just pointed out is the reverse effect either a positive or negative role model can have on a person. But , you know, most of us are just in the middle, as always. And of course, then, whether you respond negatively or positively to your role models...it does, to a great extent define "who you grow up to be." And I really do not understand the last sentence, a duplicate is a twin right?

What I mean is, that if our parents had as much sway over who we become, then we would be just like them when we grow into adults. We do not become just like our parents based on how we are raised, more-so it is genetics. Sure we learn basic manners and such, but once one gets to school, our peers, and other adults/family in our lives, determine much of who we become, and how we act, and what is tolerated behavior-wise. Genetics determine a predisposition to addiction. Edit: I've seen much too lenient parents, but, in the end a child will be corrected by school or society and be told right from wrong. However, people w/addictions repeat their mistakes over and over most of the time, b/c they are addicts.

If they wait long enough it will no longer be on everyone's mind. Then they can say, "X" did it and the public will say, Eh, OK if you say so and forget it. There won't be the demand for details...

There's a question.... What does it take for an event to change/lengthen (in this case) the memory of social media?

I have wondered, b/c of GR's ties to others in the drug trade, beside these eight family members growing pot, and his own brother being arrested a couple years back, who was already a felon at that time, if perhaps, whoever did this confused the two Kenneth Rhoden's? Maybe it was supposed to be CR1's family and the two Ky. Rhoden brothers.

I wondered about that as well. And based on Kenny Rhoden's 911 call the day after the murders it seems he may have thought so as well.

http://www.fox19.com/story/31824729...calls-911-fearful-for-his-life-after-killings

What I mean is, that if our parents had as much sway over who we become, then we would be just like them when we grow into adults. We do not become just like our parents based on how we are raised, more-so it is genetics. Sure we learn basic manners and such, but once one gets to school, our peers, and other adults/family in our lives, determine much of who we become, and how we act, and what is tolerated behavior-wise. Genetics determine a predisposition to addiction.

Socialization is an area of my expertise. Yes, I did write a dissertation. I know exactly what you were saying. Yes, you are correct, genetics appear to explain addictive behavior, but that, like the concept of nurture (read socialization) is a theory. Just because it's genetics doesn't make it a fact in terms of causing addiction.....same case for nurture. Likely addiction is "caused" by a combination of these two and other theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay