OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Creepy - if on one night every year, you could commit any crime without facing consequences, what would you do? More

What if you had already killed and gotten away with it, not because you were a cartel enforcer, but an enforcer never the less?

The Purge was a really popular movie when it came out. It doesn't surprise me or raise any flags to me, that she would "like" it on facebook.

I'm starting to feel like I should start selectively deleting stuff from my facebook. Heaven forbid I go missing and you all piece together a picture of me fleeing for Scotland, based on the fact that I like Outlander :p

Here's some craziness for ya'll....
Today at a gas station here in KY I saw a kid that looked identical to the pics I've seen of Chris Jr. He was driving a lil Ford ranger. True doppelganger, I swear.

Fast forward to tonight. I just woke up from a very vivid dream that must have been sparked by that. In this dream all these people were still alive(including the newsomes). I dreamed the Fbi got some kind of info from them that was important and confidential. Then they were put into the witness protection program and the Fbi made it look like they were killed off so they could assume new identities.....I've been thinking about this case and watching the ID channel far too much!!! Lol

**This was a dream, please do not think I'm suggesting this insanity as a theory. 

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

There was a video on Youtube where the guy is kind of saying something along that line. Lots of people replied and said, this isn't a conspiracy theory. But, sometimes there are events you can't quite figure out.

The Purge was a really popular movie when it came out. It doesn't surprise me or raise any flags to me, that she would "like" it on facebook.

I'm starting to feel like I should start selectively deleting stuff from my facebook. Heaven forbid I go missing and you all piece together a picture of me fleeing for Scotland, based on the fact that I like Outlander :p

If you are going to disappear - Jamie Fraser is a fine reason to go ;-)

Agree. I like The Purge. In fact, I just watched the sequal The Purge Anarchy over the weekend. I like horror/suspense/thriller movies as does my husband.

I think we've picked the bones clean of what can be gleaned from MSM and the individuals that can be sleuthed. It's time for some new information. We've hit the proverbial brick wall. Let's hope LE is not in the same situation. With the physical evidence and videos they have, I'm willing to bet they have a good idea who did it by now.

Creepy - if on one night every year, you could commit any crime without facing consequences, what would you do? More

The Purge movie was a very popular movie within that age group.

It didn't raise any flags for me. I just thought it strange that she liked that movie and her family was basically purged from this earth...

I think we've picked the bones clean of what can be gleaned from MSM and the individuals that can be sleuthed. It's time for some new information. We've hit the proverbial brick wall. Let's hope LE is not in the same situation. With the physical evidence and videos they have, I'm willing to bet they have a good idea who did it by now.

I agree that without more info we're getting to a cold case state of mind. Either the LE has nothing and are stumped or they know what happened and are trying to make a huge far reaching case to make Dewine look good...

I agree that without more info we're getting to a cold case state of mind. Either the LE has nothing and are stumped or they know what happened and are trying to make a huge far reaching case to make Dewine look good...

I find a few aspects of it unusual. The lack of any BOLO or suspect imagery or even a basic perp description.

An information lockdown as tight as I have seen on a case of this magnitude in decades.

I see billboards, but I do not see any ongoing appeals engaging the public for more information.

I don't see a lot of updates to reassure the people in the general area.

In similar heinous murder cases, investigators have often released some parts of a suspect profile if they need public support in tagging a perp. Not here.

And this: Whomever was involved in this will change because of it and that change will be observable to family, close associates and or intimate partners. Perhaps he or she will abruptly leave the area or increase the use of intoxicants/sedatives or become withdrawn. Cases like this have been solved by querying people on changes in friends' behaviors. Sort of surprised they have not reached out more in that area. Or, could be it's solved and they do not need further public assistance and are waiting for the labs to make the public disclosures.

Here only as an interested observer. No connection to this in any way.

I find a few aspects of it unusual. The lack of any BOLO or suspect imagery or even a basic perp description.

An information lockdown as tight as I have seen on a case of this magnitude in decades.

I see billboards, but I do not see any ongoing appeals engaging the public for more information.

I don't see a lot of updates to reassure the people in the general area.

In similar heinous murder cases, investigators have often released some parts of a suspect profile if they need public support in tagging a perp. Not here.

And this: Whomever was involved in this will change because of it and that change will be observable to family, close associates and or intimate partners. Perhaps he or she will abruptly leave the area or increase the use of intoxicants/sedatives or become withdrawn. Cases like this have been solved by querying people on changes in friends' behaviors. Sort of surprised they have not reached out more in that area. Or, could be it's solved and they do not need further public assistance and are waiting for the labs to make the public disclosures.

If they're waiting on labs, that can take what? 6 weeks if I remember correctly?

Going with everything that I have read here and on MSM, I think that the grow op and possible cockfighting info may have been put out there to deflect attention from what really may have been behind the motive.

Looking at the cars, it hit me. Some of the victims may have been part of a money laundering scheme with the cars. There have been a lot of other cases prosecuted for money laundering through used car sales especially those involving a lot of cash transactions. Could be that another party to the ML conspiracy decided that this group was too high risk for them at some point. Probably didn't see an investigation like this coming though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The concept behind that movie scares the bejesus out of me.

Going with everything that I have read here and on MSM, I think that the grow op and possible cockfighting info may have been put out there to deflect attention from what really may have been behind the motive.

Looking at the cars, it hit me. Some of the victims may have been part of a money laundering scheme with the cars. There have been a lot of other cases prosecuted for money laundering through used car sales especially those involving a lot of cash transactions. Could be that another party to the ML conspiracy decided that this group was too high risk for them at some point. Probably didn't see an investigation like this coming though.

Why would they need to launder money if it wasn't connected to something illegal?

Usually an ML scheme like this would be a part of a larger criminal enterprise such as drug trafficking that needs to clean the proceeds of their drug sales.
It wouldn't necessarily need be be their own money that needed to be laundered but could be that of a co-conspirator in the scheme.

and this: Whomever was involved in this will change because of it and that change will be observable to family, close associates and or intimate partners. Perhaps he or she will abruptly leave the area or increase the use of intoxicants/sedatives or become withdrawn. Cases like this have been solved by querying people on changes in friends' behaviors. Sort of surprised they have not reached out more in that area. Or, could be it's solved and they do not need further public assistance and are waiting for the labs to make the public disclosures.

this is the key :)

Usually an ML scheme like this would be a part of a larger criminal enterprise such as drug trafficking that needs to clean the proceeds of their drug sales.
It wouldn't necessarily need be be their own money that needed to be laundered but could be that of a co-conspirator in the scheme.

Ahhh, I get it.

As far as the cars go, there are several things that come to mind.

A car could be used during a crime in another state and hid in plain sight in rural Ohio.
A car could be used during a crime in Ohio or another state, sold cheap, and scrapped out in hours.
A car can be reported as stolen for insurance or to get out of payments and hidden or scrapped out.
Any of the above cars could be brought to another state and sold at an auction.
Selling car parts in Ohio is basically illegal unless you have a licenses to do it in Ohio.
Getting caught with parts on a car that were bought illegally will result in the parts, possibly the whole car, being confiscated.
A salvage title or possibly a clear title can be obtained for a car not picked up or repairs not paid for after a period of time.

Personally, I don't see cars bought at auctions to repair and resell as being a high dollar business. I see a lot of cars that look like they came from high end used car lots get sold as scrap. Legal salvage
yards seldom keep cars over ten years old now. They get crushed and sold for scrap. A car can look like new but used parts can't be found these days...

Yes, yes, and yes again! We are of the same mind. I thought it was telling that LE basically said that they aren't going to release any info that could hinder this investigation (I'm summarizing here), but they did release the info about the fighting *advertiser censored* and pot plants pretty early on.

“I assume that the people or the person who committed these murders are watching the news coming out of Pike County,” DeWine said. “We don’t want to give the killer or killers any information on where this investigation is going.” from the 4/27/16 press [FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]conference with DeWine and Reader[/FONT]

Leads me to believe that releasing info about the pot and roosters was a distraction to get media focusing in a different direction than the case is actually taking LE. Hauling away all those cars, however, indicates that there is something very pertinent to the case involving them. There could be so many crimes associated with car sales. The possibilities are endless and could expose a huge network of crime. What is also apparent about the Rs is that the car business was a family affair. DR and HR were selling a variety of cars and other ATVs, the guys all worked on cars...it's a common denominator and seemed to be a big part of their lives. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah