OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have three cameras that record to the cloud. And no grow ops here! I said this a number of threads back, but if anyone took our cameras, we'd have clear footage of them doing it. Video files use a lot of storage, so that's the most common way to set them up, here anyway. There's virtually no maintenance, and files are stored for a set number of days (30 in our case).

Ours does rely on decent internet speed, so that could be a consideration if their cameras were set to record footage to a local drive.

That is the best way to do it, but, I'd be surprised if they had the quality of internet speed available to do that in their area. I'm like you though, just b/c you have cameras, dogs, guns, and no trespassing signs, does not mean you are running any illegal business. It's mostly just to keep the honest folks honest.

That is the best way to do it, but, I'd be surprised if they had the quality of internet speed available to do that in their area. I'm like you though, just b/c you have cameras, dogs, guns, and no trespassing signs, does not mean you are running any illegal business. It's mostly just to keep the honest folks honest.

This is true. Our neighbor has multiple cameras I don't KNOW that he doesn't have a grow op, but I know he has expensive cars, expensive tractors and farming equipment, and lots of animals. Out in these parts, you pretty much just assume everyone has firearms as well.

We have firearms for protection and practice shooting in the summer - we also have cameras because we have home nursing for my nonverbal immobile 3.5 year old son, not that I don't trust the nurses in my home, because I don't leave them here alone until I do, but it makes me feel better that I can check them, just in case. And he wouldn't be able to tell us if something was happening. We also have a camera outside, but that was installed after we caught a nurse going outside to smoke a cigarette after we had went to bed, which we were clear we did not want happening. So now we have one out there just to see what a nurse does if she exits the house. Is she grabbing something from her car, or is she going out to smoke, or is she even having someone "stop over". We have no grow operations in our house, cameras are just more common these days IMO.

So with that said, IF we did have a grow operation, I could definitely see us equipping with cameras of some sort. Trail cams, wireless cams, small cams, obvious cams, something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps "hilljack" is a regional thing. I use the term more than I use "hillbilly". I've lived in Greater Cincy for 40 years, and grew up on the very eastside.

I also wanted to throw out a thought pertaining to Appalachia. (Pike County would be included.) It is very common for Appalachian people to have a strong dislike for "Big Brother". While the community where the Rhodens live seems very close knit, and everyone knows everyone, that doesn't necessarily mean that folks are willing to talk to the police. I can hear some of you saying, "But this is different. If I lived there, and I knew something, I would be knocking down the sheriff's door to tell him." I assure you, if you feel this way, then you don't have a strong dislike of authority/government/"johnny law". The strong dislike is very real and the feelings are deep-seated.

Many Appalachian families have an arsenal that would prepare them for the Zombie Apocalypse. The mindset is akin to "This is MY land, MY family, and I will handle things MY way. I don't need, or want, an outsider digging around in MY business."

For those who do not live in that culture it may sound a bit paranoid. But it is reality. I remember being in line at a store in an Appalachian area just east of where I live and a man refusing to give his billing zip-code to the cashier because it was "none of her business". After a few minutes of arguing with her, he left the store without his cart full of groceries that were already bagged and ready to go. While I thought that was a bit strange, as I began to encounter more folks from out "east" through work and social relationships, the reality of the "Big Brother" culture truly sank in.

I hope no one takes any of this as negative, it is merely a statement on the culture of the area. If you would like to say something chastising me, please respond to this:

I like my chili on spaghetti, and so do other people where I live.:slap:

Sounds pretty close. Although one knows when the term "hillbilly" and/or "hilljack" is being used in a derogatory manner and it's not taken kindly to. I can understand the zip code thing too. I get worse the older I get. Oh, I like spaghetti in my chili (or macaroni). :)

Please, inform me if I can go into an area of conversation involving the AG and his notions about the Governor's office...
The reason I am interested in the AG'S future is because this major crime investigation will shap his future sooner
or later.Right now, he is taking a beating because of a lack of public activity, but remember one part of government
that i have not recognized that as been discussed.There is an old saying,""All politics is local"" .. I make this observation
because in my state the AG has no authority over an elected official. If AG tries to have an elected official called
before a GJ., the law allows only the Governor that power. So, let's say nothing happens until the AG runs for
governor and wins.. You might see anti it then..But ,,, be sure the person under suspicion will create havoc to
keep the present AG from getting elected,I.E.another murder. J.M.O. P.s.just delete if this is too much thanks

Thats one of them. I think I saw about 4 pics.

Thank you. Let me help you with something on here. There is an option under each post that says "Reply With Quote" If you want to reply to a post, click on it, and it will let you reply to that particular post. Go ahead and reply to this one and try it out if you want.

Even if someone wears a mask people can be identified in other ways if someone recognizes them in a video, so rather than take the chance it's better to just take the whole camera. If a person was right or left handed, how do they walk, did a tat show a little, what kind of shoes or clothes, etc, all of that would be used in court. They're not going to take a chance, since it was planned, that was just part of the planning.
Absolutely they'd take the cameras. I think these folks have played this game before. They've seen that it happens. I can flat tell you that if you knew someone, I mean, knew them as in worked with them, or they were kin that you saw regularly, you'd recognized them on video. Even if they were all suited up in black, like a Ninja!! Have had that experience. When it dawns on you, that you know that person, you're just stunned!!!

This is true. Our neighbor has multiple cameras I don't KNOW that he doesn't have a grow op, but I know he has expensive cars, expensive tractors and farming equipment, and lots of animals. Out in these parts, you pretty much just assume everyone has firearms as well.

We have firearms for protection and practice shooting in the summer - we also have cameras because we have home nursing for my nonverbal immobile 3.5 year old son, not that I don't trust the nurses in my home, because I don't leave them here alone until I do, but it makes me feel better that I can check them, just in case. And he wouldn't be able to tell us if something was happening. We also have a camera outside, but that was installed after we caught a nurse going outside to smoke a cigarette after we had went to bed, which we were clear we did not want happening. So now we have one out there just to see what a nurse does if she exits the house. Is she grabbing something from her car, or is she going out to smoke, or is she even having someone "stop over". We have no grow operations in our house, cameras are just more common these days IMO.

So with that said, IF we did have a grow operation, I could definitely see us equipping with cameras of some sort. Trail cams, wireless cams, small cams, obvious cams, something.

I have a friend that has trail cams that send the pictures right to his email. If he has one that has been active (with bear or cat) he will have it come in as a text. It would be nice to know exactly what kind of set up they had! To me, in the article that was posted quoting LM that sounds more like CCTV but I also have no experience with them so I can only assume.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Sounds pretty close. Although one knows when the term "hillbilly" and/or "hilljack" is being used in a derogatory manner and it's not taken kindly to. I can understand the zip code thing too. I get worse the older I get. Oh, I like spaghetti in my chili (or macaroni). :)

Yep, and the derogatory part normally starts with a curse word followed by hillbilly, or hilljack. Then a fist usually follows. :laughing:

Thank you. Let me help you with something on here. There is an option under each post that says "Reply With Quote" If you want to reply to a post, click on it, and it will let you reply to that particular post. Go ahead and reply to this one and try it out if you want.
Yes, thank you. I hit the wrong one first, tried to back out, then double posted. Its a little weird. I'm really not an idiot. :laughing:

I have a friend that has trail cams that send the pictures right to his email. If he has one that has been active (with bear or cat) he will have it come in as a text. It would be nice to know exactly what kind of set up they had! To me, in the article that was posted quoting LM that sounds more like CCTV but I also have no experience with them so I can only assume.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm not sure if they even had the Internet to be able to save them to a cloud, I have always pictured hardwired cameras or trail cameras at their locations, but I suppose it could be any of the options.

Anything is possible, but I kinda doubt it. They don't live an area where LE is going to be patrolling. LE may have suspected they grew or smoked to some extent, but probably assumed it to be "a few plants in a window" as they described it to not be when it was uncovered.

Where I live is rural. Anyone out here can grow pot and LE doesn't have the slightest clue, and if they do, most just turn their heads the other way, unless it's becoming a problem. They are more worried about the meth labs, the heroine. They don't patrol out here ever. In my 7 years of living here, I've seen the cops the 1-2 times someone called for them. They don't just drive on these roads. They stay in town. People out here handle their own. We had a break in down the road. The wife shot the guy then realized maybe she should call LE. JMO.

We're not as far from town, but, by the time you call them, and they get here, you're done for if it's life or death, and you don't have a backup plan.

We're not as far from town, but, by the time you call them, and they get here, you're done for if it's life or death, and you don't have a backup plan.

Exactly. And like I always say, someone breaking into a rural home isn't coming for an Xbox, they are likely armed themselves. By the time you call cops and decide to wait for them, you've lost your life and the person is gone by the time the cops arrive. Hence why we are all packing. JMO.

I'm sorry. This is distracting. What is that?? Muchaco

Edit: Google was my friend. Sorry.

Yes, thank you. I hit the wrong one first, tried to back out, then double posted. Its a little weird. I'm really not an idiot. :laughing:

Lol. I have been a member here for seven years, and trust me I learn something new all the time. Yes I agree you are not an idiot. :happydance:

Yes, this wasn't a crime of passion, it was calculated, most shot in the head multiple times to make sure they were dead. My cousin was murdered by her daughter and boyfriend, it was planned, they waited until her stepfather was gone, and my cousin was asleep. She let the boyfriend know he could come over and they shot her, stabbed her multiple times, it was so gruesome from the bedroom to downstairs in the living room area.

Noone knew her daughter was still seeing the boyfriend, there was even a restraining order against him, yet she was angry because she wasn't allowed to see him and she made the 911 to the dispatch. It was the most cold, unemotional, calculated call that gave her away. That was passion killing for hate. Noone could believe it till they heard the 911 call, you would never know such a beautiful young girl could do something so evil. The Rhoden murders were planned by killers who knew exactly what they were doing and how to do it to get away with it.

Oh no! Bless ya'll's hearts. I'm so very sorry that this has happened to your family. I just can't imagine how painful this is for you and your family. :'(

I'm sorry. This is distracting. What is that?? Muchaco

Edit: Google was my friend. Sorry.

Let me help you with something on here. There is an option under each post that says "Reply With Quote" If you want to reply to a post, click on it, and it will let you reply to that particular post. Go ahead and reply to this one and try it out if you want. This is a recording, lol

Let me help you with something on here. There is an option under each post that says "Reply With Quote" If you want to reply to a post, click on it, and it will let you reply to that particular post. Go ahead and reply to this one and try it out if you want. This is a recording, lol

I also swear I am not an idiot. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member