OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, many pets never see a Vet, even in homes where money is not a problem.

I'd guess dogs that spend their lives at the end of a chain are in the majority of those lacking regular care by a Vet. One of my pet peeves (no pun), dogs chained to a box. Can't give the animal any better existence than that, don't get one.

I agree with you 100%. Our dogs are like our children, especially since we only got them after our son was grown and out of the house and we were feeling the empty nest syndrome. To chain them and not give them access to health care is unthinkable to us.

On the other hand if the Rhodens were breeding them to sell wouldn't they have taken them for regular checkups to make sure all was well with mom and babies? Also when we bought ours we asked for shot records and health records to make sure there were no genetic illnesses. I would think anyone buying them from the Rhodens would ask for the same? Vet bills would also go to the overhead of any business, legal or illegal wouldn't it?

In the case of a legal business (like breeding/selling puppies) the cost of vet bills and food would be deductible on your income taxes so maybe they did take them to the vet?

Picked up another security camera set the other day, GE brand. Two color cameras with night vision and microphones, these plug into a 110v outlet. The monitor is wireless, rechargeable or powered from an outlet, no wire connection to the cameras. Has an a/v output jack to connect to a recorder.

The monitor has a motion activated alarm, the rain was setting off the alarm one night, groundhogs were setting it off too.

Lowes has quite a few sets listed.

I agree with you 100%. Our dogs are like our children, especially since we only got them after our son was grown and out of the house and we were feeling the empty nest syndrome. To chain them and not give them access to health care is unthinkable to us.

On the other hand if the Rhodens were breeding them to sell wouldn't they have taken them for regular checkups to make sure all was well with mom and babies? Also when we bought ours we asked for shot records and health records to make sure there were no genetic illnesses. I would think anyone buying them from the Rhodens would ask for the same? Vet bills would also go to the overhead of any business, legal or illegal wouldn't it?

In the case of a legal business (like breeding/selling puppies) the cost of vet bills and food would be deductible on your income taxes so maybe they did take them to the vet?

That's hard to say.

We see plenty of people selling their puppies on FB garage sale groups, people could care less if they have papers and shots or not, as long as they are getting a good deal, and the sellers are typically just looking for the money, they don't care what homes they are going to. It's sad really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In our area, you are more likely to come across a counterfeit $1, $5, and $10 bills, because what is the first thing that happens when we hand the cashier a $20, $50, or $100? They mark it to check to see if it's counterfeit.

I've always though smaller bills would be much easier to pass.

I wonder if you would need a ladder to take those down...that's a lot of planning if so and would confirm you would have had to know the layout well enough to have planned for that IMO.

I was thinking about that also. That with running around in the dark trying to find all the cameras. Impossible without a flashlight that neighbors might have noticed. I was wondering if maybe the perp removed the cameras the day before when the Rhodens may have been gone from home? Or on a prior day? Of course they ran the risk of one of the Rhodens noticing if they were taken. Or maybe disabled them in prior days?

There isn't a yippee moment here. TOX reports should be coming in this week, if not already. Release them asap, please. Most likely wishing...

TOX reports will just indicate if they had alcohol or illegal/prescription drugs in their systems correct? Since I'm pretty sure the gs wounds are what killed them, TOX reports won't indicate that, will they?

Around here, you can buy all the vaccinations (except rabies I think) at Tractor Supply and DIY. Saves a small fortune.

ive brought up that link a couple of times. You could easily pass $1 bills at yard sales. Resell your yard sale finds.

Just seems like a hard way to go for a crook seeking easy money. Yard sale folks seem the least likely to be checking bills with a pen, so why not give them 20s or 50s?

Had many store clerks check my bills, they're just trained to do it. Been using my debit card almost exclusively since the last time I emptied the wallet, I'd been keeping $100 bills stashed in it for mad money.

TOX reports will just indicate if they had alcohol or illegal/prescription drugs in their systems correct? Since I'm pretty sure the gs wounds are what killed them, TOX reports won't indicate that, will they?

I think some have had wonders if they could have been drugged. Not sure if that's what OP was referring to, but I know it's been mentioned.

Just seems like a hard way to go for a crook seeking easy money. Yard sale folks seem the least likely to be checking bills with a pen, so why not give them 20s or 50s?

Had many store clerks check my bills, they're just trained to do it. Been using my debit card almost exclusively since the last time I emptied the wallet, I'd been keeping $100 bills stashed in it for mad money.

But we are just now getting into yard sale season around here. Not many yard sales in the dead of winter.

In our area, you are more likely to come across a counterfeit $1, $5, and $10 bills, because what is the first thing that happens when we hand the cashier a $20, $50, or $100? They mark it to check to see if it's counterfeit.

Just yesterday at Burger King they pen-checked my 5 dollar bill. I thought wtf? I didn't know counterfeit small bills was a problem!

Where is there any evidence that she knew B was there? If you are referring to the following quote from the Cincinnati Enquirer,

"She pounded on the door, calling for Frankie or for B to open the door for 'Aunt Jo.'"

Those are not BJM's words, this was just how the reporter wrote the story. I feel it is not completely accurate, but people are running with it.

The thing is there is a number o ways she could've known. My parents live over 300 miles away and I know every time. My cousins or aunts etc drop off their kids via fb, phone call, etc... They live close maybe they saw the mom pass by on here way. To FR. I've never seen a complete news story they are edited to get out the main facts in the amount of time slotted. IMO this is just not that unusual.

The expectations put on this poor woman by the sleuthing public to remember the most minute detail are ridiculous. I can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday, and I didn't do it under duress.

Let's call a spade a spade: she's a simple Applachian woman who feeds chickens and cleans trailers to make money. She's not a freaking criminal mastermind. I wish people would give it a rest.

Amen to that!

Just had a thought when I read this. What if the victims were somehow drugged into unconsciousness (sp?) before the murders? I can't really think of how this would have happened, but it would explain them not defending themselves.

Sounds like something people might do in a place like California more than the heartland of America, just saying.
In California and neither I, anyone in my family, nor my dear friend who does animal rescue have health insurance for our pets. They go to vet as needed. I wouldn't judge someone either way on insurance. Insurance, or lack of it, does not indicate the level of health care a person or an animal is actually receiving.

Someone here on WS mentioned that cars were either being bought or sold for $200 each. Is that correct? Does anyone know how frequent those transactions were? I stumbled upon something yesterday that lead me to a startling and nearly outlandish sounding theory, but it would explain a lot, including the actions of LE (no it doesn't involve LE in any way).

I've always though smaller bills would be much easier to pass.

Easier, but a lot more work. Imagine passing 10 $5bills vs. passing 1 $50bill.

And if the idea is to get real money back - you spend your fake $50 on something that costs 20 and you get 30 real dollars. Spend a fake $1 or $5 and what do you get?

Calling attention to what some view as discrepancies in public statements made to press by witnesses is perfectly acceptable. Saying you find someone's reported behaviors odd, unusual or suspicious is A-okay. That's your opinion.

Suggesting outright that a specific witness who has not been accused or called a suspect of person of interest by LE is the perp won't be tolerated.

Tread carefully - these are real folks with real lives and reputations. Our words carry weight out here on the world wild web.

I guess toxicology reports could show if they were drugged in some way, or if they were doing any illegal drugs. I think maybe that pretty much anything that was sent to the crime lab should be just about processed by now, so maybe "TOX reports" is more of a generic term for "crime lab reports".

Easier, but a lot more work. Imagine passing 10 $5bills vs. passing 1 $50bill.

And if the idea is to get real money back - you spend your fake $50 on something that costs 20 and you get 30 real dollars. Spend a fake $1 or $5 and what do you get?

They can buy things to sell. Even buy things they need without using "real money". You are far more likely to get caught passing bills $20 or higher that are counterfeit. The idea in using counterfeit bills isn't always to obtain real money in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member