OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not buy a pup out of car boot, at a Walmart parking lot. No pet stores either. Nope.

I wouldn't either, but plenty of people do. Pups are always posted for sale and there's no shortage of people haggling away, it bothers me greatly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I'm new here, but have been following your posts as a quest. You are all so smart and more experienced than me. But I would like to thank you for accepting me.

Oh dear. I just posted about my success with the trimmer. #firstyard #proudofmyself

[emoji38]

LOL! I'd probably post that too! I meant post it to the general public. There are many of my FB friends who, like the Rhodens, have their FB open to the Public option. There are some of my FB Friends who have over one thousand friends. I'm just not that popular, lol, and I don't really wish to be. I just meant most all of my posts go out to a very few and I try not to post any hotbed topics. I've no need for drama.

Been thinking about this all morning....

What if that cash at KR's was counterfeit? I can see at least a couple of ways this could be involved, none include the Rs running a printing press. Can also see how getting involved with counterfeit bills, on purpose or by accident, could get you in trouble with the wrong type of people. I still believe DR knew of a threat to most of the family, per her FB prayer. ".... now more than ever."

Google ... counterfeit ohio ... counterfeit ky .. etc., and it's easy to see it's a widespread problem, probably indicative of multiple unrelated sources of funny money.

April 28 - Rash of counterfeit money hits Portsmouth
http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Rash-of-counterfeit-money-hits-Portsmouth-377425691.html

Now if you think this is a crazy idea, here's something that's way out there... Counterfeit $1 bills have turned up in the area. Why? It baffles me why anyone would bother. May be no reason other than to say, "we can do this if we want, we don't care, you can't stop us, we are taunting you", we being the counterfeiters. It's certainly a long haul to get profits at a rate of 99¢ per transaction, one store at a time.

In 2015, $2000 in phony cash was found on a west Ky roadside by highway workers. There have been arrests around Ohio, none apparently connected according to LE.

According to the article, the counterfeit bills range from $1 to $100. Also, the bills began turning up in Portsmouth in February. I've seen absolutely no evidence, not even a hint, that the bills found at the foot of Kenneth's bed were counterfeit. Not only that, but why would the killers make it EASIER to track them down by deliberately leaving evidence behind?

The pups probably came w/first shots and wormings. A lot of people give those to them themselves. You can buy the vaccine/wormer at Tractor Supply. If you don't board nor groom your dogs then you don't need a vet statement. The only thing you can't give at home is a rabies shot. You used to be able to give those at home. My grandpa gave all his dogs shots. They stopped that though b/c rabies is so serious and not everyone was giving it (not that everyone goes for the vaccine at the vet). As far as the dogs being chained, some people see their dogs as working animals. Coon, Beagle, and Fox hounds are just a few of these seen as working dogs. Most dogs are probably not kept on those chains all of the time. They are taken out for training, hunting, or for the sport of running foxes, treeing coons, etc... That's what they're bred to do and they enjoy it. Their owners normally love their dogs and take good care of them. Some have indoor "lap" dogs and they're considered more of a pet. My grandpa had boxes for all of his hounds but they were considered working dogs and were well cared for. You can't just let them wander loose though.

A hunting dog is liable to chase some game animal and get lost in the woods. They are usually tied out or in a kennel type caged area when they are not being worked with or trained...

My dog barks at me if I drive up the road at any time that is unexpected or if I walk up at any time of the day and she didn't know I was there. If its someone that she doesn't know she wont even let them out of their car and keeps after them until I tell her its okay or they leave. If my kids are outside she is x10! I live extremely secluded and don't have a lot of people coming and going. I feel like with all that they had going on they would limit traffic to family and close friends. They had 14 dogs so you know they had to have at least 1 that was the same or similar. If they had a bunch of lazy dogs maybe and that would be a big maybe. At KR, DS had to calm that dog so the police could enter the property. With that in mind, it makes me wonder if someone was not already at the houses and let them in while everyone else was sleeping assuring the dogs and keeping them calm? I think the pressure on the family is for this reason, just seems like there is NO WAY you could do this without being very close to them. All JMO

LE was in a uniform though. Dogs who see someone different than the normal flow of people will react differently. I've had people tell me how vicious their dog is and it does nothing. I've had people tell me that their dog is a love bug and it tries to chew my mother's leg off before she can get back into her car door, (she's a very sweet, 5'2", little woman), some of my own family is scared to death of my 100# Rottie, yet, the farrier pulled up the other day, and I find him sitting in the driveway and she's licking him in the face, while sitting in his lap! The Shepherd is just sitting there watching them. The same family who is afraid of the Rottie, loves the Shephard, and he's the one who tries to eat the tires off of anyone who dares drive past the house too slow. Dogs are like children, they can be unpredictable.

Hi I'm new here, but have been following your posts as a quest. You are all so smart and more experienced than me. But I would like to thank you for accepting me.
We're all just posters like yourself. Join in when you feel like it.

My dog barks at me if I drive up the road at any time that is unexpected or if I walk up at any time of the day and she didn't know I was there. If its someone that she doesn't know she wont even let them out of their car and keeps after them until I tell her its okay or they leave. If my kids are outside she is x10! I live extremely secluded and don't have a lot of people coming and going. I feel like with all that they had going on they would limit traffic to family and close friends. They had 14 dogs so you know they had to have at least 1 that was the same or similar. If they had a bunch of lazy dogs maybe and that would be a big maybe. At KR, DS had to calm that dog so the police could enter the property. With that in mind, it makes me wonder if someone was not already at the houses and let them in while everyone else was sleeping assuring the dogs and keeping them calm? I think the pressure on the family is for this reason, just seems like there is NO WAY you could do this without being very close to them. All JMO

It seems that way to me also. You would have to be very close to the family and the dogs, for them not to raise cane if you drive up or walk up after dark.

I wouldn't either, but plenty of people do. Pups are always posted for sale and there's no shortage of people haggling away, it bothers me greatly.

I recently saw that our area passed some ordinance that if you are selling puppies, that you must get a kennel license. I'm guessing that is so that they can have a reason to inspect. Won't stop the Walmart sales in other counties though, seeing as we have no Walmart parking lot to sell them out of (we don't have much of anything to sell them out of! lol).

LE was in a uniform though. Dogs who see someone different than the normal flow of people will react differently. I've had people tell me how vicious their dog is and it does nothing. I've had people tell me that their dog is a love bug and it tries to chew my mother's leg off before she can get back into her car door, (she's a very sweet, 5'2", little woman), some of my own family is scared to death of my 100# Rottie, yet, the farrier pulled up the other day, and I find him sitting in the driveway and she's licking him in the face, while sitting in his lap! The Shepherd is just sitting there watching them. The same family who is afraid of the Rottie, loves the Shephard, and he's the one who tries to eat the tires off of anyone who dares drive past the house too slow. Dogs are like children, they can be unpredictable.

Very true. My golden lab is the one known for being way more on edge, where my pit bull just lays there and thinks he's a lap dog and assumes everyone wants to be licked to death.

Welcome!

A hunting dog is liable to chase some game animal and get lost in the woods. They are usually tied out or in a kennel type caged area when they are not being worked with or trained...

Absolutely. I have a friend who is training/running his, and on occasion, I'll see a FB post go out that if anyone sees his hounds would they give him a call. lol

I absolutely agree having four myself. That is why it seems even more strange to me. I can barely predict the behavior of mine and most times I am wrong about what they will do. Predicting the behavior of at least 11 dogs at CR1 and FR would be impossible. Unless you were a family member who had either lived with or had daily contact with those dogs. Even then it would be nearly impossible. Tranquilizing that many dogs would not have been feasible and to do it before going intothe houses without alerting the victims would not be possible.

I haven't been reading a lot lately, but I agree with you. I believe they moved those mobile homes to keep someone's from bur img them to the ground, someone local, someone familiar with the area.

I agree with this!

Absolutely. I have a friend who is training/running his, and on occasion, I'll see a FB post go out that if anyone sees his hounds would they give him a call. lol

The coyote hunters around here put radio collars on them to track them down.

I don't think she knew he was there..i just think he woke early and came to the door when she was pounding on it.
But yet the child didnt hear 6 gunshots going off in the next room over? hmmmmm

I absolutely agree having four myself. That is why it seems even more strange to me. I can barely predict the behavior of mine and most times I am wrong about what they will do. Predicting the behavior of at least 11 dogs at CR1 and FR would be impossible. Unless you were a family member who had either lived with or had daily contact with those dogs. Even then it would be nearly impossible. Tranquilizing that many dogs would not have been feasible and to do it before going intothe houses without alerting the victims would not be possible.

The dogs make me think that the murders may have taken place near dawn. There was probably lots that the dogs would normally bark at early morning such as deer passing by or turkey hunters making noise in the woods, etc. People would probably think nothing of it and even sleep through it if that was normal for them. Could have been part of the killer's calculation. Now if the dogs are barking in the middle of the night, that would be something entirely different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where is there any evidence that she knew B was there? If you are referring to the following quote from the Cincinnati Enquirer,

"She pounded on the door, calling for Frankie or for B to open the door for 'Aunt Jo.'"

Those are not BJM's words, this was just how the reporter wrote the story. I feel it is not completely accurate, but people are running with it.
How do you know they are not BJM's words? The same story was wrote in all the papers I read. I realize there was only one reporter but like another poster said, if she didnt know for a fact B was there why not yell out for FR or HG? These may be some of the little clues that people are missing also. I am not totally convinced she had anything at all to do with it. But from the get go she was my number one suspect,, among others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77