OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have read rumors this afternoon of LE activity (possible arrests). Anyone local that could look for activity at UHR? Was looking for ADT in the threads but don't see any recent posts.

Could be nothing, could be something, I'm just waiting. Nothing on any news sites that I've found so far.

Thanks I have been keeping up since day one as well. I guess my next question would be does anyone recall the funerals being open casket? The homes were moved after the funerals into a storage building. It just makes me question something.

I just checked out the media thread and it's not mentioned if the caskets were open/closed. I would think they were closed but that is just based on GSW to the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to know why the media is not out there today.
Me to, since the first week of this investigation the media hasn't went after this story like you would think they would. It's like a soon as drugs and so called illegal things were reported they dropped the story like a hot potato. IMO, it's like they were told to back-off and since then nothing. And the paper"s are just printing almost " fluff" pieces to keep the public off their backs. I have never seen a big murder case were some reporter isn't constantly on their backs about what's happening. This story IMO could make or break some reporters career and as ambituous as some news people can be, why is it so quiet? They have the money and resources to get info that the general public can't access so why aren't they after it? Again, JMO.

Me to, since the first week of this investigation the media hasn't went after this story like you would think they would. It's like a soon as drugs and so called illegal things were reported they dropped the story like a hot potato. IMO, it's like they were told to back-off and since then nothing. And the paper"s are just printing almost " fluff" pieces to keep the public off their backs. I have never seen a big murder case were some reporter isn't constantly on their backs about what's happening. This story IMO could make or break some reporters career and as ambituous as some news people can be, why is it so quiet? They have the money and resources to get info that the general public can't access so why aren't they after it? Again, JMO.

Good points. Good questions. Early on Chris Graves, Enquirer, reporter was going there everyday. Haven't seen anything from her for a while.

Working in the funeral home business for so many years, it is possible for open caskets. Even with gun shot injuries. We know what we saw going in the homes. We saw the homes go into storage. We also know what we saw coming out of funeral home. There is a lot of things we didn't see in between.

Working in the funeral home business for so many years, it is possible for open caskets. Even with gun shot injuries.We know what we saw going in the homes. We saw the homes go into storage. We also know what we saw coming out of funeral home. There is a lot of things we didn't see in between.

BBM- Again, I looked back to see if this was mentioned but it's not. The only way to truly know would be from someone who attended the funerals and/or from the funeral home themselves. Not sure how knowing this would solve the puzzle to 8 people getting killed. I'm hoping for justice soon!

BBM- Again, I looked back to see if this was mentioned but it's not. The only way to truly know would be from someone who attended the funerals and/or from the funeral home themselves. Not sure how knowing this would solve the puzzle to 8 people getting killed. I'm hoping for justice soon!

This article comes the closest to saying the caskets were open.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opi...irector-thought-had-seen-everything/83813838/

"I will look at every detail, from head to toe; from socks to boots to shoes,'' he says at the Roger W. Davis Funeral Home, which his dad started 52 years ago here in West Portsmouth.
"The last time they saw them, they were alive," Davis says. "We can't make them look like that. But we can, and we will, make them look as nice as possible."

When the owners of the funeral home (Roger Davis) where 6 of the Rhoden's were taken, said in an interview that he couldn't make the victims look like they were alive, but he was going to make certain they looked as good as possible, checking to see if hair was in place, would use a lint brush making sure the clothing looked nice, etc, so family and friends could see them looking as natural as he possibly could. Those statements make me draw the conclusion they were open caskets. The article this info was in was printed one or two days before the day of the services.

Did you read this in an online report or newspaper online? If there's a link, I'd like to read it also.

Have read rumors this afternoon of LE activity (possible arrests). Anyone local that could look for activity at UHR? Was looking for ADT in the threads but don't see any recent posts.

Could be nothing, could be something, I'm just waiting. Nothing on any news sites that I've found so far.

If you're referring to a website whose existence thrives on gossip and rumor, you've been trolled.

Did you read this in an online report or newspaper online? If there's a link, I'd like to read it also.

Here's a link to the list of Adams County inmates

http://www.adamscountyso.com/AdamsCoSO_Inmatelist.html

Three people were arrested today, none appear to have charges against them related to the murders. One has no charges listed yet.

Not sure if this is anything significant. Seems the news media might have reported it if they were related to the murders, considering the inmate information is public knowledge.

Here's a link to the list of Adams County inmates

http://www.adamscountyso.com/AdamsCoSO_Inmatelist.html

Three people were arrested today, none appear to have charges against them related to the murders. One has no charges listed yet.

Not sure if this is anything significant. Seems the news media might have reported it if they were related to the murders, considering the inmate information is public knowledge.

Wouldn't it be in Pike Co?

Since the murders occurred in the area where three counties meet (Adams, Pike, Scioto), an arrest could likely happen in any of them.

There WAS one arrest today for obstruction in Pike county of a person tied to the Rhodens, but I doubt it has anything to do with the murders and everything to do with her own "issues".

I found one with no charges that is interesting! Still checking...

Since the murders occurred in the area where three counties meet (Adams, Pike, Scioto), an arrest could likely happen in any of them.

There WAS one arrest today for obstruction in Pike county of a person tied to the Rhodens, but I doubt it has anything to do with the murders and everything to do with her own "issues".

Who was it?

I can only find one name with an obstruction charge and they have been there for more than a few days, iirc. There are no dates on intake from the site. You might get lucky and find the day they had a warrant or a court date from their records via Pike County court records.

jmo

Well, duh. That's what I get for multi-tasking. Sorry! :facepalm:

Here's the link to Pike Co, OH

http://wp2.pikecosheriff.com/?page_id=893

Reader doesn't have them listed according to date of incarceration. A lot of people incarcerated for drug violations, a few probation violation, aggravated robbery, petty theft, etc.

This sounds like it was just a rumor, IMO

I found one with no charges that is interesting! Still checking...

Yes, there were some of those in both Adams and one in Pike. Not sure if it means anything, but don't you have to charge someone before you detain them? Constitution, habeas corpus, etc.? IANAL and haven't been arrested, so I'm no expert.

I can only find one name with an obstruction charge and they have been there for more than a few days, iirc. There are no dates on intake from the site. You might get lucky and find the day they had a warrant or a court date from their records via Pike County court records.

jmo

Try the Pike County Courts page, date charges filed today 06/20/16...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak