OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try the Pike County Courts page, date charges filed today 06/20/16...

Ok, I checked. There were 2 people in court today for the somewhat broad, vague misdemeanor charge of Obstructing Official Business. Neither person is on the inmate list, so apparently they haven't been jailed. One would assume if this was some serious kind of business they were obstructing, they would be in jail, no?

In what way are these two people connected to the Rhoden family?

Try the Pike County Courts page, date charges filed today 06/20/16...

The person with no charges listed has no cases filed this year at all in pike courts they do have an extensive history but nothing this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this odd just maybe someone had some info, who knows?

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...s-dropped-derek-boyer-aaron-higgins/86145380/

Holy crap! No mention of sending AH back to CA... and excuse me if I am ignorant, but I thought you couldn't charge someone for the same crime 2x - so how does that work with what they said about the investigation? I swear, I have never heard the descriptions and methods of police work going on in this area... Article also implies that Boyers charges will be dropped - not a bottom, but in the beginning - I had to look twice! RJ says no connection... but I have serious doubts about his integrity. (guns to JJ).

Holy crap! No mention of sending AH back to CA... and excuse me if I am ignorant, but I thought you couldn't charge someone for the same crime 2x - so how does that work with what they said about the investigation? I swear, I have never heard the descriptions and methods of police work going on in this area... Article also implies that Boyers charges will be dropped - not a bottom, but in the beginning - I had to look twice! RJ says no connection... but I have serious doubts about his integrity. (guns to JJ).

You can be charged more than once for the same crime, you just can't be tried more than once.

This is strange. These were the guys involved in the bust of the shatter lab in Pike Co last January, the case we were looking at in relation to Rhodens.

No, I have a hinky feeling about the RJ person, too. If the handling of the cases of these two guys is hinky, why would the prosecutor be doing it in front of all the other investigators watching these cases? Strange.

ETA: Double checked and no, you can't be charged twice for the same crime. They would need to charge them for a different crime.

They also mentioned that this case had absolutely no connection to the murder case that happened on April 22 of eight people shot to death. Hum

Another question: If the shatter lab was busted back in January, and if they're dropping charges against Boyer and Higgins now because they need more time to process evidence, what were they doing with the evidence from the shatter lab since January? Did they not begin processing it until last week? This doesn't make sense.

ETA: Adding links

Prosecutor Rob Junk said dropping the four felonies against each man will give investigators more time to process the evidence collected during a Jan. 26 search warrant that resulted in last week's arrest.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...s-dropped-derek-boyer-aaron-higgins/86145380/

The article also quotes the prosecutor saying dropping charges doesn't mean these men are "off the hook". Strange.

ETA #2 : Answering my own question above, the other charges could be federal charges for receiving pot in the mail. Please tell me the FBI and other feds will be involved.

Charges can be dropped without prejudice, which allows a prosecutor to refile the charges later. At least I think so.

At this time, CB's arrest is driving related. NG's arrest is contempt. JI's is the one listed with no chgs.

EXACTLY. AND all of a sudden ..... the two
"were not a risk to leave the area."

Gee, it's not like either one of these guys might decide to leave the area or go somewhere else.

Yeah, that prejudice law is also in place in Kan. But I don't think AH could be trusted not to flee anymore than I could throw him across the state line!

At this time, CB's arrest is driving related. NG's arrest is contempt. JI's is the one listed with no chgs.

Are you referring to Pike County records? I'm not following, trying to catch up with all the new initials.

Are you referring to Pike County records? I'm not following, trying to catch up with all the new initials.
Same, I saw nothing resting to those initials on the pike county municipal court record search page ..nor the Adams county page either

Hmm that is a huge hook on everything to drop charges on the shatter lab that they have supposedly investigating since January. Probably rolled on someone up higher.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I got the info from the Adams county jail site

Another question: If the shatter lab was busted back in January, and if they're dropping charges against Boyer and Higgins now because they need more time to process evidence, what were they doing with the evidence from the shatter lab since January? Did they not begin processing it until last week? This doesn't make sense.

ETA: Adding links

The article also quotes the prosecutor saying dropping charges doesn't mean these men are "off the hook". Strange.

ETA #2 : Answering my own question above, the other charges could be federal charges for receiving pot in the mail. Please tell me the FBI and other feds will be involved.

If it's like Massachusetts, the state labs might be completely clogged with drug cases, especially opioids. I'm not sure what the backlog is now; it was running around 9-10 months last winter.

Something is up. They make no mention of AH California arrest, or extradition... all which, with the Pike County bust would have been exceedingly good for politics... unless there's something afoot that would involve corruption or a bigger fish - it's got to be one of the two... or maybe they're the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member