OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just a reminder - Keep speculation broad. We cannot sleuth those not named POI or suspect by LE. Some interesting speculations regarding the drug angle. Just remember to keep it broad ;)
Thanks for reminder :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

As far as I know it was never officially confirmed, but the info came from Kenneth.

http://www.10tv.com/article/father-pike-co-murder-victims-says-killer-should-be-tortured

Kenneth said according to the coroner there were two different bullet casings found at the scene, leading him to believe this crimes were the acts of more than one person.
Thank you for taking the time to look that up. I stand corrected. I just found out about the revolver the other day and thought I was on to something. This case is driving me crazy!

Is it true there were 32 shots? I looked in death certificate articles I could find & didn't see exact #s except for CR & KR.

Thank you for taking the time to look that up. I stand corrected. I just found out about the revolver the other day and thought I was on to something. This case is driving me crazy!

No problem. It is driving me nuts too.

If I can insert my opinion, Check me if I am wrong..killers would be out of character to use revolvers For their
slaughter.why? Because to reload, you must innsert. one shell at a time and break the pistol in a position to
insert the shells one at a time.Remember it was dark or limited light available and he/she had to be a genius
to reload in the dark.It is possible if the killer used a revolver ever day and could flip the cylinder by the touch
of his finger.In My Opinion, the killer woul consider those problems and stay away from using a revolver.

If I can insert my opinion, Check me if I am wrong..killers would be out of character to use revolvers For their
slaughter.why? Because to reload, you must innsert. one shell at a time and break the pistol in a position to
insert the shells one at a time.Remember it was dark or limited light available and he/she had to be a genius
to reload in the dark.It is possible if the killer used a revolver ever day and could flip the cylinder by the touch
of his finger.In My Opinion, the killer woul consider those problems and stay away from using a revolver.
Agreed. A lot of street level gang bangers use revolvers, the 16 year old kids, because they are stolen from houses of old people. Very common for that level of teenage gang killings. However, this is not a low level teenage thing, unless it was meticulously planned. Possible, but if it was planned I don't think a revolver would have even been in the equation.

I suppose he could have used speed loaders, but that would require several changes, so I tend to agree that a pistol is more likely.

Yepp definitely doesn't seem like they have a clue. I'll also be tuned into the family interview at 6.

I think there needs to be a reward of some kind out there. If there's a $50k reward out, then someone in the future is likely to get mad at the perps and rat them out.

Ummmm--not sure that a reward could tip the balance. I would suggest that it's not loyalty, but danger that keeps voices silent.

To bad there's not anymore "rumors" floating around. It seemed to get responses from the officials. I mean what was it this week about 4 or 5 responses? I don't mean for someone to start one, before somebody jumps on me. It's just weird that Sheriff, AG, and news stations starting talking about the case again all of a sudden.

To bad there's not anymore "rumors" floating around. It seemed to get responses from the officials. I mean what was it this week about 4 or 5 responses? I don't mean for someone to start one, before somebody jumps on me. It's just weird that Sheriff, AG, and news stations starting talking about the case again all of a sudden.

I am thinking the reason may possibly be that the 2 month anniversary of the murders was 6/22. Just a guess though

I was just reading back through some articles and one sentence really stood out to me. I know it's been out there a long time but with everything that has been discussed over the last two months, it just stood out to me.

While nothing has been ruled out, it is unlikely this was a random act of violence or a crime committed by another member of the Rhoden family. http://www.daytond ailynews.com/news/ news/4-possible-mo tives-in-pike-coun ty-ohio-murders/nr B9q/

Also,, I know some people were discussing earlier that they were worried the killers are out on the streets. Maybe they are already in jail. Yes, I am an #ID channel junkie :)

On the shows they often pick the suspects up on old warrants or something else and then keep them in jail until they can put a case together on murder charges.

I think the (unknown) volume of production from the Rhoden grow op(s) and what avenue(s) they used for distribution of their product could be telling as to whether the weed production had any role regarding a motive for the murders.

JMO, it's likely the distribution question is being looked into as part of the investigation.

Whether the weed production is related or not, those lines of inquiry can develop useful intelligence and result in unrelated arrests at some point in time.

The principle of "silence" in the business can be shaken when violence against producers/participants occurs, whether related or not. The fear factor involved in that silence can be overcome.

Just thinking that if other producers/participants in the area think that the Rhoden murders may be related to their weed business that most of those producers/participants are likely:

(a) unnerved by that possibility, and
(b) angry at that possibility.

Inquiries can be finessed to appeal to those that know about distribution avenues used by local producers to ferret out information.

I've been privy to after-the-fact knowledge of how much information breaks through the "silence" during some drug related investigations. Often, knowledge as to the sources of that information never sees the light of day in order to protect the lives of those sources.

For all I know, the weed has nothing to do with the Rhoden murders.

For all I know, I'm comfortably certain that the investigation includes probing those avenues.

Just musing on what Reader said yesterday as to his certainty that there are people who have not revealed all they know as well as his mention of the "unimaginable" amount of work done so far by investigators and agents.

Until there is something posted concerning the caliber of weapons used, I have to speculate from memory the facts
that I know about hand guns. I think it is important to outline what caliber the handguns were and try to eliminate
the caliber that would not fit this slaughter. I think 22's are out unless we get word that 22's In fact were in the mix.
My information tells me that 32 shots were used for a total for all victims. A 38 caliber handgun,S.& W., holds 6 shells.
I had a short barrel 32 caliber that held 5 shells.,,Also, S.& W...I can't find the thread that describes the number of
Shots that each victim received, but I believe many received 3 and CR1 received more. If all shots were fired
in some random order, two victims would require one weapon and then reload in the dark walking to the next target
Somebody help me find the thread that outlines the names of victims and the number of shots received. We can figure
this out with your help.Please..

Until there is something posted concerning the caliber of weapons used, I have to speculate from memory the facts
that I know about hand guns. I think it is important to outline what caliber the handguns were and try to eliminate
the caliber that would not fit this slaughter. I think 22's are out unless we get word that 22's In fact were in the mix.
My information tells me that 32 shots were used for a total for all victims. A 38 caliber handgun,S.& W., holds 6 shells.
I had a short barrel 32 caliber that held 5 shells.,,Also, S.& W...I can't find the thread that describes the number of
Shots that each victim received, but I believe many received 3 and CR1 received more. If all shots were fired
in some random order, two victims would require one weapon and then reload in the dark walking to the next target
Somebody help me find the thread that outlines the names of victims and the number of shots received. We can figure
this out with your help.Please..
Mr. Pate Jax 49 Post # 430 Thread # 18 just posted that today. If that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member