OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These killers weren't being compassionate leaving the kids. If this was preplanned they could've done it while Hanna was still in the hospital, and not even went to Frankie's. This was all done for effect and a message to other dealers and/or law enforcement. It made it worse, and more National news, because the kids were there. This would've went down as a family killed and they had a pot farm, would've faded in the media like Candy Newsome and her daughter's execution, but the media was all over it, because kids were there and esp a mother with a new baby was killed.

rsbm

I am wayyy behind and I usually refrain from commenting on anything because it might be old by the time I've caught up, but I have to respond to this.

I'm completely agreeing with this. At first I couldn't see if it was someone sending a message why they would let the children live.

Now I'm thinking that may even make their message more powerful - "we can take out your whole family and we could have easily killed the kids too, but we chose not to. Just so you know we can kill and let live whoever we choose". That's a super scary message if I've ever seen one....

Something I find odd and maybe this is just me, but some of these people, held down regular jobs and all of them less than glamorous IMO. I don't understand why they would have jobs like the ones they had, if they had money coming in from another
source: I.e. Drug sales.

A smart dealer knows not to bring attention to ones self by flashing money, living beyond means or economic status of their community. They blend in if it is a family business it is rarely known by anyone not in the family.The good life and times is had away from home and nosy neighbors.

Someone suggested yesterday that the perpetrators first went to the property on Left Fork, where they may have demanded some information pertaining to the larger property before killing him. If that's the case (I find that to be plausible), they may have obtained a key to the property from that scene.

Im wondering if they were after 1 person and the person was holed up at one of the houses. If the perps had thought the family was helping to hide the person and maybe him moving from one place to the next then maybe the perp(s) killed everyone as they hunted him down.

Im not yet convinced it is related to the weed being grown but if the grow operation involved indoor lighting then the plants could have been ready for harvest even at this early growing season. If it was outdoor operation then I don't think the plants would have been ready to harvest.

If it was outdoor operation Im wondering if the land may have been on land owned by one of the victims and maybe he took a tractor to all the plants and roto tilled up the plants which would have pizzed off someone enough to do something like this if they lost a huge investment of time and money into an outdoor grow operation.

If it was indoor operation then perhaps a ready crop was stolen by someone. The perps may have thought one of the victims took it and hunted him down for revenge.

Something along these lines is the only thing I can think of that would make someone kill like this.

If it is not related to the growing operation then I wonder if it was some ex boyfriend of the recent mother and maybe he blamed the family for their breakup.

That's all the theories I got so far.

"If you want some information, you need to go to the [inaudible] nursing home, and talk to the people down there."
"There's a lot of things that have been covered up in Pike County."
"Leonard, what's been covered up?"
"NO NO! I can't say that yet!"
"Whoever done it must know the family, 'cause there were dogs there. They would eat you up."

---
Also, vague ramblings interjected about how they took his truck that was parked on Dana's(?) property without tags, and how he wants it back.

Really weird. I suspect he might be drunk, too. So definitely a grain of salt, there

Kind of hard to say if he is drunk. I know some very backwoods, uneducated people that sound just like that. Also the lack of education went far down the tree, many couldn't spell very simple words.

He was talking about that truck that they towed yesterday I believe. Also the fact that he said Bobbi Jo went in all the houses or two and his son went in one.. I hadn't heard that before.

That interview with the father addresses the truck towed yesterday also. He also says Bobbi Jo went in 3 houses I believe.

Two houses. Then she got him and they entered the third where Dana was. Think I got that right.

Has anyone seen this interview with Dana's father? He says some really odd things..

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...oking-for-motive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/

The dad also said there were two dogs that would "eat you up".

He also said questioned could be answered at the nursing home she worked at.. Wonder what that means?

I read somewhere she got off work at 11PM on the night this took place. Maybe someone there saw people waiting on her? Or following her? I keep wondering how the person(s) got access to all 4 houses. The doors were locked on the first house entered where the 911 call came from and I'm assuming no evidence of breaking and entering.
I just don't think this was something that involved a cartel or that someone came in, killed them and left the area. I have a feeling the killers are closer than some think. Just a vibe I get..

Two houses. Then she got him and they entered the third where Dana was. Think I got that right.

And all I've heard on the news was she went on the first house and then a deputy was flagged down.

I'm thinking it was just business. Killing infants would imply derangement or emotion.

Kind of hard to say if he is drunk. I know some very backwoods, uneducated people that sound just like that. Also the lack of education went far down the tree, many couldn't spell very simple words.

He was talking about that truck that they towed yesterday I believe. Also the fact that he said Bobbi Jo went in all the houses or two and his son went in one.. I hadn't heard that before.

I think I'd be drunk if that happened to my family.

I read somewhere she got off work at 11PM on the night this took place. Maybe someone there saw people waiting on her? Or following her? I keep wondering how the person(s) got access to all 4 houses. The doors were locked on the first house entered where the 911 call came from and I'm assuming no evidence of breaking and entering.
I just don't think this was something that involved a cartel or that someone came in, killed them and left the area. I have a feeling the killers are closer than some think. Just a vibe I get..

I thought in the beginning they were closely known, the thing that is throwing me is how they have talked about this being sophisticated. They said yesterday people really covered their tracks. It is hard for me to see some first time killer that is pissed, being able to do that.

Has anyone seen this interview with Dana's father? He says some really odd things..

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...oking-for-motive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/

Wow, thank you for that link. So the truck on the back of the trailer in the video saying it was linked to the deaths was Dana's brother's. He's not arrested, so I imagine he was the first suspected. LE went to their home at 3:30 am to question them. So Leonard was threatening to say some things and giving them time to give the truck back, or else. So now I'm wondering what the nursing home people know. He also didn't deny Dana was afraid for her safety, and what is he talking about things being covered up in Pike County? He can't say yet, but I have no doubt he'll be talking soon.

He also said the dogs would "eat you up" I have no doubt they would've been barking, unless they knew the suspects.

Oh wait.
Forgive me if this has been said already, but...
Isn't it weird that the perps would lock the doors behind themselves after they left?
Bobby needed the key to get in.

So the killers weren't after the plants. They must've been looking for money - a big wad of money, or they just wanted to eliminate the competition. To kill so many people over a car doesn't make sense - it has to be something big. I'm amazed that you guys have come up with what you have. Good detectives!

Wow, thank you for that link. So the truck on the back of the trailer in the video saying it was linked to the deaths was Dana's brother's. He's not arrested, so I imagine he was the first suspected. LE went to their home at 3:30 am to question them. So Leonard was threatening to say some things and giving them time to give the truck back, or else. So now I'm wondering what the nursing home people know. He also didn't deny Dana was afraid for her safety, and what is he talking about things being covered up in Pike County? He can't say yet, but I have no doubt he'll be talking soon.

Yes I picked up on all of that. If family or cops don't keep the media from him, he will talk more. He is the type you can easily get to talk.

Theory here. Let's say you are doing a hit for whatever reason. You're supposed to be sure to kill person A,B and C. But you've never seen them before and can't be sure who's necessarily whom. So to cover all bases you take them all out and eliminate witnesses. Little kids are for sure not the targets, so you leave them.

Respectfully snipped for focus

During the first 911 call, the lady caller says not once but twice that her brother-in-law looked like he had the He!! beat out him.

"In a 911 call following the shootings, a woman sounded out of breath as she frantically told a dispatcher, 'I think my brother-in-law's dead ... There's blood all over the house.'

'There's blood all over the house. My brother-in-law is in the bedroom and it looks like someone has beat the hell out of him,' she said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tyle-massacre-eight-people.html#ixzz46p9s6Uqu

LEO is not going to confirm many details for us at all although I have no reason to believe the female caller did not see more a beating on her brother-in-law's body than gunshot wounds.

Is it possible that a certain type of gun, especially at close range, could really destroy a face? If so...maybe that's why they looked beaten? And if that happened, I imagine blood splatter could be all over. I don't know though since I've never researched this sort of thing.

Maybe those 8 were the ones involved in the grow op, and therefore the ones working as informants for the police.

Would a 16 year old have been an informant though?
:gaah: I just read it this morning. I'll go look for it again :blush:

OK. It was in the actual video... Right around the 1:26 mark.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/facebook-threat-targeted-executed-ohio-family/

I can't get it to load. What exactly is said?

What gets me is the door was locked, there was a key around there. Bobbi said she knew where the key was at, and unlocked it obviously. The suspects either knew where the key was by being there before and seeing them place the key somewhere, or they had been watching from a distance in the preplanning. It's a freaky thought thinking people would be watching to execute people.

Oh wait.
Forgive me if this has been said already, but...
Isn't it weird that the perps would lock the doors behind themselves after they left?
Bobby needed the key to get in.

Most places have a front and back door. The front may have been locked. But maybe the back door was unlocked or broken into.

The dad also said there were two dogs that would "eat you up".

He also said questioned could be answered at the nursing home she worked at.. Wonder what that means?

I thought in the beginning they were closely known, the thing that is throwing me is how they have talked about this being sophisticated. They said yesterday people really covered their tracks. It is hard for me to see some first time killer that is pissed, being able to do that.

Yea the use of the word sophisticated is throwing me off too. But on the other hand, if the people took the time to plan it out, it would be easier to cover your tracks vs a crime of passion. I will say that I believe they had silencers on the guns. Otherwise I don't think every victim would have been shot execution style. Killing 1 would have woke the others and I think there would have been random shootings like chest, back, etc. I have no idea how hard it is to get gun silencers. I know nothing about guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298