OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted one alternate theory that I do not believe, but just to throw it out there. Either I posted it wrong or it got snipped - :)

<modsnip>

Just a wild and wacky thought. No basis whatsoever other than capabilities of the perpetrators.

But the family member also said there was 'blood all over the house'. That doesn't sound like someone just being shot while in bed. There very well could have been a fight or a struggle or perhaps an outright beating and even torture going on. How does blood get 'all over the house' if someone is executed while in bed?

They weren't all in their beds. The 911 caller also mentions something about someone who appeared to have been dragged. So perhaps they were shot and moved or shot and still alive and trying to get away...therefore getting blood in multiple locations? The coroner (or spokesperson?) mentioned multiple gunshots wounds on some victims. So it sounds like some weren't exactly shot execution style, one and done, or whatever.

I think at this point, I am on the fence about the beatings just because I feel like the press conference would have mentioned it. But maybe not since they didn't say much. Hopefully the autopsy results will be released in the coming days.

Good point about the silencers. I was wondering how the perp managed to shoot people in their sleep. I think you may be onto something here.

Of course if someone snuck in and quickly went room to room then I suppose its possible you would not be able to get out of bed by the time you woke up and realized what was happening the perp may be in the room.

A silencer is illegal but there are ways to obtain them or make your own. They really are not as sophisticated as most people think. If you have access to the right type of parts then you can rig up a pretty decent silencer and I am sure there are books that can be bought explaining how to build them.

I saw one once and all it was was a hollow tube of metal with wire brushes surrounding the inside diameter of the tube. The wire bristles were compacted and you could not even see the hole the bullet came out of. The wire brushes suppressed the sound waves as the bullet exited the tube. It screwed over the end the gun and was about 8 inches long.

Looked pretty easy to build one with the right materials and a welder.

Oh and all silencers really are not totally silent. They do an amazing job of reducing the noise of a gun blast but there is always some level of sound coming out. The better the silencer the less noise that will come out of the gun. But will always be some level of noise.

They are legal in some states but can take up to a year to be approved.

Attachments

• 20160425_154700.jpg
    20160425_154700.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 33
But the family member also said there was 'blood all over the house'. That doesn't sound like someone just being shot while in bed. There very well could have been a fight or a struggle or perhaps an outright beating and even torture going on. How does blood get 'all over the house' if someone is executed while in bed?

And the notion that he was "dragged" in the bathroom. I'm thinking there was somewhat of a struggle. But I believe that these two victims were outnumbered- they were beaten by more than one person. For her to imply that they were "beaten", I imagine being black and blue, swollen, etc- did the caller indicate that they had been shot? Didn't she just say beaten?
In my opinion, I feel like could determine between a gun shot wound and a severe beating.... But who knows. I have no idea where exactly he was shot (front or back) and at what range

I would still like to know how Arial Rhoden died (so young, and she died in october last year). Some one here said they thought they were not related, but all the Rhodens who now are killed are friends with her on Facebook. It might not have anything to do with this case, but that depends on how he died.

What. The. Actual. Eff. !?!

Did anyone understand what Leonard was trying to say in that interview? Was he trying to imply the police were involved somehow?

I think there must be something in that water he's drinking!

I think the issue with the cops was later, because he talked about Saturday night and the cops.

I would still like to know how Arial Rhoden died (so young, and she died in october last year). Some one here said they thought they were not related, but all the Rhodens who now are killed are friends with her on Facebook. It might not have anything to do with this case, but that depends on how he died.

Can you please fill me in? Who is she in relation to the victims ? How old was she ?
Significance ?

From 1st thread:

"AmyPond said:
Yesterday 05:48 PM
Quote Originally Posted by MissEhrmann View Post
Does anyone know how <snip> died?
I don't think this person is related to any of the victims."

Yes, she most definitely is.

[video=youtube;mZ7bVwytJTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7bVwytJTc[/video]

Just Bobbi's words from the 911 call at 7:49am

Yes I need a deputy at 40 inaudible
Give me just a second, let me walk to the mailbox
I think my brother in law's dead
Give me just a second, 4077 Union Hill Rd 40 77
4077 Union Hill Rd
There's blood all over the house
My brother in law's in the bedroom inaudible has beat the .... out of 'em
There's blood all over the front room
Pike County
Yes and they drug 'im in the bathroom
Yes I did (dispatcher asked if she drove over there)
Mine's Bobbi
Huh? inaudible Chris Rhoden and Gary Rhoden
Both of them in there look like their dead
I think they're both dead, looks like someone's beat the .... out of 'em
Not that I know of (dispatcher asked if anyone else was in the house)
The door was locked when we got here but I know where the key was at.
I went in and they were laying on the floor.
I'm done out, I'm standing outside now.
Yeah I thank you (crying) said something inaudible

There was blood all over the house and all over the front room. She said it looked like someone beat them. According to LE all were shot, so there's no doubt these two were also beat.

Blood all over the house (or what she saw from the front door does not mean they were beat. It's not like the movies where someone is shot and they fall down nice and neat. Perhaps they were shot more than once and tried to escape, bleeding down the hall to the back door or to where a gun was. Blood splatters with every shot. Then a kill shot to the head to finish them off splatters more "blood everywhere".

However, to anyone who has never seen a grizzly murder scene, their first reaction might be "someone beat the h*11 out of them".

Some doors have locks that even if you use a key to open the door the door actually stays locked as you pull the key out.

im wondering if they had a key and it was one of the locks that didnt pop the lock. It just turned the handle to allow entry but door remained locked when they shut it behind them. So maybe they didn't actually lock the door on purpose but just shut it and it stayed locked when key was turned to open handle.

Yeah I think the drug stuff was the KY family. My issue is the lie. In a town like that, the sheriff knows everyone stopped that day, especially people arrested. He could have easily said "My office is familiar with the family due to very minor issues" and that would be true and not suspicious to many people.

Or as traffic offenses are not considered a criminal offense he could have said "not in any criminal sense".

I saw something on Flipgram or whatever it is called, that Dana posted about her. If not directly related, Dana knew her.

Also from the little searching I did, I think she may have been killed with someone who was killed in a motorcycle accident, but that was searching posts on FB and I couldn't find anything for sure about that, just that they were listed as lost together a lot and at the same time. He did die from traumatic brain injury on a motorcycle.

This may have already been discussed in this thread, but my thoughts are that whoever did this probably had to have some familiarity with each home and specifically who lived in which home, the layout of each home, etc. As already indicated, the doors were locked - how did they get in? Any mention of signs of forced entry? It appears some of the victims were awake (and struggled) at the times of their murders, while others were asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298