OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorrect reporting - Hanna Gilley did not have the 4 day old baby. Hannah Rhoden did.

Except it is Hanna (no "H") Rhoden and Hannah (with an H) Hazel Gilley. (not criticizing, just for accuracy sake :) ).

That's what I'm saying ! I think this might be the link !!!!!! This is a family operation- Kenneth may be the master mind or the go to? The Rhodens in pike county are simply the cars takers ? I have no idea anymore - I just suspect that this has to do with the relatives in KY. Anyone check on that guy lately ?

The KY guy have an arrest for an indoor grow operation, I think it wasn't a coincidence he was there and he was probably involved with the operation in OH.

I had to go do life for a while. Anything new? Any new information? Pressers?

In the article I read tonight , about the 1200 plant production that was found - that was supposedly linked to the cartel, they indicated that no arrests were ever made ! How? It seems like this was "brushed under the rug" or forgotten about.
I'm thinking that the sheriff department knows a lot more than what is being portrayed.
Cartel screams danger and extreme violence to me- it's possible that it may cause LE to "tip toe" around it.

I believe it was brushed under the rug because I read and watch the news on a regular basis and until someone posted the articles about the drug cartels being in this area, I had never heard of it. Definitely not something that has been broadcast.

Another thought and I could be totally off base- could they keep calling it a sophisticated crime scene(s) so the suspects won't feel like LE is closing in on them and flee? Like LE actually has persons of interest and evidence but are claiming they don't have a lot to go on so the perps don't get spooked.. So they are building their case and making sure everything is in order before releasing any detailed info?
I don't know. I'm reaching at this point. Definitely an intriguing case.

In my experience, the FBI doesn't 'offer' their help very often. They come in and claim the investigation and take over leadership of the investigation. Not saying that it doesn't happen.

People are misinformed about the FBI which is understandable. They are never the lead agency nor do they takeover state cases like this. The murders are a state case inside of one county and the Sheriff in that county will continue to be the lead agency/officer.

The FBI is an assisting agency in a state murder case like this and others. That is why they have to be asked to assist with the investigation by the Sheriff or whomever has the lead in a particular jurisdiction.

They do offer to assist quite often as they have done here and many other cases. Some do ask for assistance from them and some don't. I guess it depends on whether the lead agency feels they are needed at the time in a particular case. Now what they do quite regularly is test the forensics for state/county police agencies.

Even if the Sheriff decides the FBI is needed he will still remain in full control over the investigation/case in his county, and they will only assist him in areas he says are needed.

IMO

And all these questions about being so sophisticated and they are looking into a high school threat, again.. Makes me suspicious of what we are being told.

I think the only reason they even looked into that was because it was very specific. He said he was going to "go up to Union Hill and wipe out the whole bunch." But the kid was VERY upfront. Immediately went to the police, told them the story, and said he was willing to help any way he could. I don't even think LE was aware of him and the threats. He went to them (at least according to his own story on FB).

And yes, his name was Larry, but he was NOT a cousin/relative as someone else said.

People are misinformed about the FBI which is understandable. They are never the lead agency nor do they takeover state cases like this. The murders are a state case inside of one county and the Sheriff in that county will continue to be the lead agency/officer.

The FBI is an assisting agency in a state murder case like this and others. That is why they have to be asked to assist with the investigation by the Sheriff or whomever has the lead in a particular jurisdiction.

They do offer to assist quite often as they have done here and many other cases. Some do ask for assistance from them and some don't. I guess it depends on whether the lead agency feels they are needed at the time in a particular case. Now what they do quite regularly is test the forensics for state/county police agencies.

Even if the Sheriff decides the FBI is needed he will still remain in full control over the investigation/case in his county, and they will only assist him in areas he says are needed.

IMO

I guess I had the wrong impression- if the FBI takes over, I had always thought that local LE take the back seat . Of course they are there to work on the case , but I always thought that they follow under direction of FBI. The local LE would follow their directives.

I know I am way behind but wanted to comment on this before I try to catch up.

Wasn't one of the children three years old?

The reason I asked is I was talking to my hubby about this case today and it caused me to think back on two other cases where a small child was left alive at a murder scene.

I cant remember the victims name now. Amy something but her little girl was there when a garbage collector came in her home raped and murdered her. The little girl was able to tell them that a big man came in and hurt her mommy and showed them what he did. She was two at the time.

But I think this case is more relevant and I believe it happened in Ohio as well a few years back. The mother's first name was Jessie Davis (?) anyway she had a two year old little boy named Blake. His father was a police officer in that town. He told the police that 'daddy hurt mommy' 'mommy is in the rug.' So two year olds are able to tell some of the things that happened and if this child is three then that is even better because they would be even more verbal by then. Hopefully they would be able to tell the trained police officer in child interrogations if someone came in that he/she knew.

Just something I was thinking about today.

It may take awhile for the officer to get the story out of the child though because they are very gentle and take their time when questioning a very young child.

IMO

You're thinking of the Christa Worthington case on Cape Cod in 2002. Her two-year-old daughter Ava was found unharmed clinging to her mom's body. A local garbage collector was convicted of raping and murdering Christa.

I've been trying to figure out what the "OPRC STAR team" consists of exactly (the 38 man team that was sent out to search the wooded areas, per the sheriff in yesterday's presser).

I just figured it out...
Ohio Police Resource Center (OPRC) Special Task & Rescue (STAR) team.

(And, now... I feel pretty dumb for not figuring that out on my own). [emoji23]

I had to go do life for a while. Anything new? Any new information? Pressers?

Nope.. No pressers and even the other place is quiet and FB is just memorial messages and regurgitation of the grow operations and the *advertiser censored* fighting.

Nope.. No pressers and even the other place is quiet and FB is just memorial messages and regurgitation of the grow operations and the *advertiser censored* fighting.
This is strange.
I have to believe that they are either just so overwhelmed with the case, or there's something they're avoiding telling the public about, or having the public ask about.

Question : How do they know the victims were sleeping? Is it just because they were in bed?

Maybe the children where used as a bargaining tool to get information and for the grace of God they didn't kill them?

I guess I had the wrong impression- if the FBI takes over, I had always thought that local LE take the back seat . Of course they are there to work on the case , but I always thought that they follow under direction of FBI. The local LE would follow their directives.

I understand but it is actually the opposite. The only way the Feds would take control is if the murders happened on federally owned land.

I think the only reason they even looked into that was because it was very specific. He said he was going to "go up to Union Hill and wipe out the whole bunch." But the kid was VERY upfront. Immediately went to the police, told them the story, and said he was willing to help any way he could. I don't even think LE was aware of him and the threats. He went to them (at least according to his own story on FB).

And yes, his name was Larry, but he was NOT a cousin/relative as someone else said.

Oh that wasn't one specifically to Chris I don't think though was it? I'm aware of that one, I was thinking there were two different threats.

DeWine needs to make up his mind, were they selling roosters or cockfighting? Is it cartel, or not? Was the pot growing for a large family and alot of friends, or were they selling it? SMH

I don't think I've ever heard the word "cartel" come out of Dewine or the Sheriff's mouth or did I miss it? Also, it wouldn't be uncommon in this part of the country for people to be involved in both growing and *advertiser censored* fighting.

Are we sure there was a threat to Chris Sr.? I've only heard of the one to Jr.

You're thinking of the Christa Worthington case on Cape Cod in 2002. Her two-year-old daughter Ava was found unharmed clinging to her mom's body. A local garbage collector was convicted of raping and murdering Christa.

We had a case in NZ the Crewe's. Both were killed and their daughter was left alive in her cot for they think 5 days. In that time someone was seen at the house supposedly feeding her.

Has anyone seen this interview with Dana's father? He says some really odd things..

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...oking-for-motive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/

Holy holiday! That interview was interesting. In the last thirty seconds or so of the video, did he insinuate that if a sheriffs deputy kicked his door he would shoot them???? Am I totally misunderstanding what he is saying? I have not caught up yet, still reading ya'll may have already discussed this...

Thank you. Its been so long ago now that I have forgotten her name and the name of her little girl.

Blake was the one that was so full of knowledge when his daddy murdered his mother, Jessie Davis.

And they both were two years old. It really shows that even little children can assist LE even though very young.

This is strange.
I have to believe that they are either just so overwhelmed with the case, or there's something they're avoiding telling the public about, or having the public ask about.

I think the lack of pressers of even "we have nothing new" on a case that is world wide now, is very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298