OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also stated, "“Someone was involved who knew that area, and probably knew those homes and at least some of the people who were victimized. But beyond that I really can’t say.”

I'm seeing that at least one of them knew everyone, and had been in all the homes, and is likely living there in the community (possibly both from the area and the other may have been acquainted with them). I don't see the children as overlooked b/c of the fact that I think that at least one of the assailants knew the family intimately and had been in all of the homes. They'd know about the children. I think the children may possibly be thought to be in danger, b/c of other family members who may be thought to be in danger, that the children would be around, thereby placing them in danger. Also could be that some family member(s) are suspects and they don't want the children in the mix of what could be an inner family feud.
He, AG Mike is trying to be evasive, or he just bumbled his words all up, talking about one involved that knew houses and maybe some of the victims?!
I have doubts anyone involved would know the houses and only some of the victims. If I just met somebody, even if they know a couple members of my family, they are not going to get a tour of my house! Too many stinking thieves nowadays. So I feel like this "one" person was more than casually acquainted with family members.

He also stated, "“Someone was involved who knew that area, and probably knew those homes and at least some of the people who were victimized. But beyond that I really can’t say.”

I'm seeing that at least one of them knew everyone, and had been in all the homes, and is likely living there in the community (possibly both from the area and the other may have been acquainted with them). I don't see the children as overlooked b/c of the fact that I think that at least one of the assailants knew the family intimately and had been in all of the homes. They'd know about the children. I think the children may possibly be thought to be in danger, b/c of other family members who may be thought to be in danger, that the children would be around, thereby placing them in danger. Also could be that some family member(s) are suspects and they don't want the children in the mix of what could be an inner family feud.

Not sure I'd draw the same inferences. At least one person had contact with some of the victims. Yes, probably the one who had regular (clandestine?) meetings with them. This person could be part of the larger criminal enterprise (possibly mj op-related) Someone, obviously, had to be a conduit -- someone who kept a low profile. Is it a family member? It can't be ruled out. But I find it hard to believe for a number of reasons. First, the person would have to be capable of murdering eight relatives in cold blood, leaving two children motherless, and devastating the survivors. That kind of person should be relatively easy to spot. If there was a family member capable of doing that, wouldn't he have a history of violent behavior? Does any family member have that kind of violent history? Second, what would compel a family member to do such a thing? It would have to be a doozy of a motive, one that LE, after an intensive investigation, should be able to identify. Third, this family, with all due respect, seems much more likely to be the victims of a sophisticated crime than the brains behind a sophisticated crime (one that so many dedicated investigators have been unable to solve). So, at least one person who had previous dealings with some of the Rhodens was familiar with the properties. That's no surprise. Many of us have assumed as much. But I still doubt it was a family member. I could be wrong, of course.

Maybe I'm just not reading this like everyone else, but I'm seeing this as two entirely separate operations. What the videos/pics show coming out of the Eury bust, are nothing like what we saw coming out of the Rhoden homes after they found the bodies. I think the reason why is two-fold. One, b/c the plants were still small and not ready to plant outdoors. Two; It probably wasn't "sophisticated" in the sense that a lot of folks would call it. They found some plants, reportedly about 200, but we did not see one single picture of it. If you can find a picture of them packing out plants, lights, or other indoor grow op equipment, I'd love to see it. No, the Rhodens were small fry in the pot category, and were just a few weeks away from probably planting outdoors, after the last frost danger had passed. I think they were growing enough to split profits between them, to pay for hobbies, and a few other expenditures.

The Eurys sites were at least 15 & 25 miles away from CR1's trailer on 4077 Union Road, considering which Eury address they busted. I think someone may have dropped a dime on them possibly b/c of the new Ohio law enacting medical marijuana. All of the rules and such haven't been worked out yet, and these guys had stuff up and running big time. We also see photos of the Eury's site. Nice photos too! The kind that the cops love to share when they find a really good grow op and have the fun of busting it up and putting photos of it in the news, online, and in the papers.

The Rhodens, from the looks of it, were not even in the same ballpark, not even in the same universe, as these guys. The Rhodens were probably selling enough bulk, to some local dealers, at the end of the grow cycle to enjoy their hobbies and maybe stash a little back.

I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt the Eurys had anything to do w/the Rhoden's deaths, unless, they found out that the Rhodens were narcing on them, to get out of a bind they had found themselves in. Then? Maybe. But I'd more than likely guess someone undercover broke up the Eury deal, or a tip from someone ticked off at one of them. Unlike the Rhodens, who never laid low, and lived their lives out loud, I've not found any priors on the Eurys, yet, and no FB drama, so they've laid pretty low, til now.

Maybe I'm just not reading this like everyone else, but I'm seeing this as two entirely separate operations. What the videos/pics show coming out of the Eury bust, are nothing like what we saw coming out of the Rhoden homes after they found the bodies. I think the reason why is b/c the plants were still small and not ready to plant outdoors. They found some plants, reportedly about 200, but we did not see one single picture of it. If you can find a picture of them packing out plants, lights, or other indoor grow op equipment, I'd love to see it. No, the Rhodens were small fry in the pot category, and were just a few weeks away from probably planting outdoors, after the last frost danger had passed. I think they were growing enough to split profits between them, to pay for hobbies, and a few other expenditures.

The Eurys sites were at least 15 & 25 miles away from CR1's trailer on 4077 Union Road, considering which Eury address they busted the Eury grow sites. I think someone may have dropped a dime on them possible b/c of the new Ohio law enacting medical marijuana. All of the rules and such haven't been worked out yet, and these guys had stuff up and running big time. We also see photos of the Eury's site. Nice photos too! The kind that the cops love to share when they find a really good grow op and have the fun of busting it up and putting photos of it in the news, online, and in the papers.

The Rhodens, from the looks of it, were not even in the same ballpark, not even in the same universe, as these guys. The Rhodens were probably selling enough bulk, to some local dealers, at the end of the grow cycle to enjoy their hobbies and maybe stash a little back.

I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt the Eurys had anything to do w/the Rhoden's deaths, unless, they found out that the Rhodens were narcing on them, to get out of a bind they had found themselves in. Then? Maybe. But I'd more than likely guess someone undercover broke up the Eury deal, or a tip from someone ticked off at one of them. Unlike the Rhodens, who never laid low, and lived their lives out loud, I've not found any priors on the Eurys, yet, either so they've laid pretty low, til now.
Maybe it's possible CR1 was told to get on board or step your game up and do as told or your out. Maybe they didnt like the way he was operating because he was small potatoes. Possibly offered a deal and wouldnt take it. Because he wanted to remain his own boss and in control of his own crop which would also hurt local business for others. He knew to much and his family as well...

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

The Eurys business location to the 4077 Union Hill address was only 24 min. apart.

Maybe it's possible CR1 was told to get on board or step your game up and do as told or your out. Maybe they didnt like the way he was operating because he was small potatoes. Possibly offered a deal and wouldnt take it. Because he wanted to remain his own boss and in control of his own crop which would also hurt local business for others. He knew to much and his family as well...

Any of these scenarios are possible, but not probable in my book. With the Eury's large, probably a minimum of three successful harvests, I doubt they would even blink at the Rhoden's product. Most are saying 200 hundred plants wouldn't be considered large. I'm thinking they probably had a few customers who bought in bulk when it was available, but probably they sold enough dime bags and quarter bags to put food on the table, along with giving them some spending money. I don't see them having too many standing orders for two or three lids a month. And as protective as Hannah and Frankie were with their kids, I don't see them, especially Hannah allowing any growing inside the house, even if it was kept behind locked doors. From what people have said throughout this forum, the distinct odor is always present, and more so around harvest time. I could be totally wrong, but I really don't think so.

Maybe I'm just not reading this like everyone else, but I'm seeing this as two entirely separate operations. What the videos/pics show coming out of the Eury bust, are nothing like what we saw coming out of the Rhoden homes after they found the bodies. I think the reason why is two-fold. One, b/c the plants were still small and not ready to plant outdoors. Two; It probably wasn't "sophisticated" in the sense that a lot of folks would call it. They found some plants, reportedly about 200, but we did not see one single picture of it. If you can find a picture of them packing out plants, lights, or other indoor grow op equipment, I'd love to see it. No, the Rhodens were small fry in the pot category, and were just a few weeks away from probably planting outdoors, after the last frost danger had passed. I think they were growing enough to split profits between them, to pay for hobbies, and a few other expenditures.

The Eurys sites were at least 15 & 25 miles away from CR1's trailer on 4077 Union Road, considering which Eury address they busted. I think someone may have dropped a dime on them possibly b/c of the new Ohio law enacting medical marijuana. All of the rules and such haven't been worked out yet, and these guys had stuff up and running big time. We also see photos of the Eury's site. Nice photos too! The kind that the cops love to share when they find a really good grow op and have the fun of busting it up and putting photos of it in the news, online, and in the papers.

I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt the Eurys had anything to do w/the Rhoden's deaths, unless, they found out that the Rhodens were narcing on them, to get out of a bind they had found themselves in. Then? Maybe. But I'd more than likely guess someone undercover broke up the Eury deal, or a tip from someone ticked off at one of them. Unlike the Rhodens, who never laid low, and lived their lives out loud, I've not found any priors on the Eurys, yet, and no FB drama, so they've laid pretty low, til now.

Nothing was shown from ANYTHING to do with the Rhoden
"Pot" business. No evidence whatsoever...

I don't know what is considered a large scale operation. But in comparison to the Eury bust, makes it look pretty petty. If they are saying grow ops were found at 3 locations and they went through that much trouble covering up, what's the point of even going to that 4th house? The 4th household may be able to point fingers, but without hard core proof, it's their word against perps. DR and her 2 youngest had only lived 1 month in their new location, is that enough time to set up a grow op? I think the 3 locations are CR1, FR (maybe only bc it shares property with CR1) and KR. I think if drugs were a motive, it had to do with snitching of some sort. It's possible also that who ever the Eurys were supplying had a disagreement with them and they turned to the Rhodens to expand. $1.4 million is a whole lot of pot. Who on earth would you be supplying? And if your buyer cuts you off and turns to someone else, well, that would be horrible. Anything is possible. LE keeps bringing up this pot, are they intentionally trying to get the world to focus in on that or is it likely it all happened over pot? At this point, with as little as we know, I don't think they would have ever mentioned it had they thought it was linked. I think it's possible LE has known from the very beginning what it's about. I've seen enough shows to know they could have a suspect in the sights for months or years before enough proof surfaces to convict.

I'm just throwing thoughts out there on that whole grow issue. If anyone has seen my earlier posts I was leaning more on the side of a personal grudge deffinately against any talk about cartels but I don't like to be close minded when new scenarios and topix come up. Yeah there was no evidence on the grow opp but there wasn't pictures presented on anything. Not one picture of evidence to any crime. That doesn't mean it didn't happen. We honestly don't know and may never know how big or little of an operation there was because like someone else mentioned earlier this is a murder investigation not a drug bust. They didn't even have to tell us about the bud. But they did. And that's where it gets very interesting. Why did they tell us. What were they hoping to accomplish? Making someone nervous or making them believe they were so off that they would loosen up? Either way they let that info out for a reason.

I don't see it. He wasn't competition. Also, they were quiet. They most likely didn't care WHAT the Rhodens were doing and didn't want the Rhodens knowing what THEY were doing. You have an operation like the Eury's had, you don't want to mix it with folks who are constantly in court, flaunting small-time laws like not putting on your seat belt/driving w/o tags, getting in fights w/everyone and their mother. With an op like the Eurys, if I were them, I'd certainly not want to do business with the Rhodens. I don't mean that in a harsh way, but, if you're into illegal activities on a grand scale, like the Eury's were, you don't want loose cannons running around to muck up your business. I just don't see it unless the Rhodens posed a possible threat to the Eury's freedom.

The Eurys business location to the 4077 Union Hill address was only 24 min. apart.

One address was 15 miles and the other 20 miles from CR1's 4077 UH address. That may not sound like much in the grand scheme of things but one of my siblings lives 12 miles away from me and I couldn't tell you what the inside of their home looks like. I have a friend that I meet on a regular basis, for lunch, but we've never been in each other's homes, and I've known her for over 15 years, and we live less than 15 miles from one another. Then again, my neighbor, at my former residence, was a big time drug dealer. One of the biggest they'd caught around here. EVER. I had zero clue and I'm pretty good at picking up on that. His wife didn't even know (I believe that too.) You never saw anyone come in or out of that house except them (well, their kids, who were shocked as well). Kept to themselves, but were nice. It was a total shocker when he was on the news one morning.

And for it to be called "sophisticated", I've found it quite strange, that we've seen zero photos of a single plant, light, etc. . . Nothing. Extra strange when you look at the photos they snapped of the Eury's "sophisticated" grow op. I can understand keeping some things under wraps, but, I found it odd they didn't share a single grow op photo.

I don't know what is considered a large scale operation. But in comparison to the Eury bust, makes it look pretty petty. If they are saying grow ops were found at 3 locations and they went through that much trouble covering up, what's the point of even going to that 4th house? The 4th household may be able to point fingers, but without hard core proof, it's their word against perps. DR and her 2 youngest had only lived 1 month in their new location, is that enough time to set up a grow op? I think the 3 locations are CR1, FR (maybe only bc it shares property with CR1) and KR. I think if drugs were a motive, it had to do with snitching of some sort. It's possible also that who ever the Eurys were supplying had a disagreement with them and they turned to the Rhodens to expand. $1.4 million is a whole lot of pot. Who on earth would you be supplying? And if your buyer cuts you off and turns to someone else, well, that would be horrible. Anything is possible. LE keeps bringing up this pot, are they intentionally trying to get the world to focus in on that or is it likely it all happened over pot? At this point, with as little as we know, I don't think they would have ever mentioned it had they thought it was linked. I think it's possible LE has known from the very beginning what it's about. I've seen enough shows to know they could have a suspect in the sights for months or years before enough proof surfaces to convict.

I could be very wrong, but, unless they were narcing on someone, I don't see the Rhoden murders as being about the grow op, not in and of itself, at least. As for the Eurys, they may have been gearing up for Ohio's legalization, and someone else who wants that business may have called in a tip, to keep them out. Just a thought. I don't know how Ohio is planning to set up their medical mj operations so that's just a guess.

One address was 15 miles and the other 20 miles from CR1's 4077 UH address. That may not sound like much in the grand scheme of things but one of my siblings lives 12 miles away from me and I couldn't tell you what the inside of their home looks like. I have a friend that I meet on a regular basis, for lunch, but we've never been in each other's homes, and I've known her for over 15 years, and we live less than 15 miles from one another. Then again, my neighbor, at my former residence, was a big time drug dealer. One of the biggest they'd caught around here. EVER. I had zero clue and I'm pretty good at picking up on that. His wife didn't even know (I believe that too.) You never saw anyone come in or out of that house except them (well, their kids, who were shocked as well). Kept to themselves, but were nice. It was a total shocker when he was on the news one morning.
I live in Chicago it takes about 1 hour to get from one end to the other. I understand what you are saying but is still close enough for people to be connected. My family lives here and in northwestern Indian. Those family (7 different households) there all live roughly 15 - 30 minutes away from each other all in 4 different towns and they see each other if not every day every other. We visit every other weekend. Map quest showed two different routes the quickest one was 24 min. I'll bet the locals usually do it 15 - 20.

And for it to be called "sophisticated", I've found it quite strange, that we've seen zero photos of a single plant, light, etc. . . Nothing. Extra strange when you look at the photos they snapped of the Eury's "sophisticated" grow op. I can understand keeping some things under wraps, but, I found it odd they didn't share a single grow op photo.
How do you find it any but typical? LE hasn't shown us anything.

I'm just throwing thoughts out there on that whole grow issue. If anyone has seen my earlier posts I was leaning more on the side of a personal grudge deffinately against any talk about cartels but I don't like to be close minded when new scenarios and topix come up. Yeah there was no evidence on the grow opp but there wasn't pictures presented on anything. Not one picture of evidence to any crime. That doesn't mean it didn't happen. We honestly don't know and may never know how big or little of an operation there was because like someone else mentioned earlier this is a murder investigation not a drug bust. They didn't even have to tell us about the bud. But they did. And that's where it gets very interesting. Why did they tell us. What were they hoping to accomplish? Making someone nervous or making them believe they were so off that they would loosen up? Either way they let that info out for a reason.

Well, I understand about the crime scene photos not being out there, but, there were helicopters overhead that day. Not a single news photo of them bringing out the plants (The plants would be evidence, whether it is a murder, or a drug bust. They took whole homes and around 100 cars.) You know LE is not just going to leave the pot plants sitting in the barns, and walk away, and we know the media was buzzing overhead with copters, just waiting for a photo op. Not a single photo of lights, a plant, a tray, nothing. Since LE leaked the pot, they may want us to believe it was about the pot, and the murderers to think that LE thinks it was about the pot too. Idk. Just curious about the lack of photos since I've seen overhead photos taken by news copters.

There are many different ways that two growers could have a connection to each other. And then again there could be none but we have nothing new to discuss so why not.

Well, I understand about the crime scene photos not being out there, but, there were helicopters overhead that day. Not a single news photo of them bringing out the plants (The plants would be evidence, whether it is a murder, or a drug bust. They took whole homes and around 100 cars.) You know LE is not just going to leave the pot plants sitting in the barns, and walk away, and we know the media was buzzing overhead with copters, just waiting for a photo op. Not a single photo of lights, a plant, a tray, nothing. Since LE leaked the pot, they may want us to believe it was about the pot, and the murderers to think that LE thinks it was about the pot too. Idk. Just curious about the lack of photos since I've seen overhead photos taken by news copters.
Are there pictures of them removing the bodies? Just curious...

I live in Chicago it takes about 1 hour to get from one end to the other. I understand what you are saying but is still close enough for people to be connected. My family lives here and in northwestern Indian. Those family (7 different households) there all live roughly 15 - 30 minutes away from each other all in 4 different towns and they see each other if not every day every other. We visit every other weekend. Map quest showed two different routes the quickest one was 24 min. I'll bet the locals usually do it 15 - 20.

Oh, I get what you meant. I'm just saying that even though it seems close, they may not have even met each other. I'm not being smart or anything. It's just more isolated in a lot of places in the region. I've got a neighbor a little piece behind me. He could be burying bodies in the woods back there but I'd not know it. We wave at each other when we pass. I'm not what you'd call isolated but when you get further up into the region where they're at, it is pretty isolated in places. I've not seen any mention whatsoever of the name Eury in any of the Rhoden conversations either. They were pretty open about their friends, enemies, and frenemies, too (another reason I don't see the Eurys doing business with them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lesleigh719