OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for this information Everyday Grace. This is very interesting and very similar to the Rhoden killings. It's easy to understand now why the county prosecutor there keeps going to the news media to get the attention of investigators on the Rhoden case.

The man who was like dad was a convicted drug dealer. Doug Eapmon was indicted for engaging in organized crime in 2010. He was the ringleader of a pain pill trafficking operation. Nine others were indicted too, including family. He pleaded guilty. Detectives said Doug was back in business when he was killed because the killer, or killers, wanted something from the house. Police didn’t want to say what it was but it was valuable, it was hidden and they knew where to find it. They also knew exactly where to find Doug and Carolyn in the basement bedroom.

They wanted something from the house. I wonder what it was? Money? Drugs? Like the Rhoden case, they knew exactly where to find the bedroom in the house and picked up shell casings before they left.

Children sleeping in the home didn't hear the gunshots and were not killed.

Also interesting that Doug Eapman had once been an informant for LE.

Yet the investigators on the Rhoden case haven't really checked to see if it's related.

Thanks for this information Everyday Grace. This is very interesting and very similar to the Rhoden killings. It's easy to understand now why the county prosecutor there keeps going to the news media to get the attention of investigators on the Rhoden case.

They wanted something from the house. I wonder what it was? Money? Drugs? Like the Rhoden case, they knew exactly where to find the bedroom in the house and picked up shell casings before they left.

Yet the investigators on the Rhoden case haven't really checked to see if it's related.

I have not read that the two LEDs have not traded info. I think they know what was taken from the house and like other cases in the news, they don't want it publicized in order to sift through suspects, and, to not show their hand, early in the game, to the assailant's future lawyers. Why help them out?

Also, we don't know that any shell casings were not left at the Rhoden/Gilley murders. GR's father said two different types were found at CR1's location, (I don't think he made that up.), but LE is not letting anything out to the public about any casings, firearm type, etc...

Authorities called the slayings well-planned executions, with the killer or killers taking pains to cover their tracks. Surveillance cameras at the properties were either destroyed or taken. Thirty-two shots were fired, but investigators will not discuss if the killers took the shell casings or if they found any bullet fragments. Nor will they discuss if they know the types of weapons used.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/07/22/pike-county-family-clings-hope/87337798/

RBBM. We don't know they haven't checked.

What sidekick means here? My understanding of the local tongue is not perfect.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/01/pike-county-rhoden-shooting-obituaries/83802830/

Kenneth Rhoden’s obituary reveals he worked at US Utilities and leaves behind a son, two daughters and four grandchildren. For all the enormity of loss, his obituary ends with a flourish, finishing the listing of survivors this way: “...very dear couple to his heart Delbert and Violet Rigsby, along with a host of nieces, nephews, cousins, friends and his sidekick Brett Hatfield!”

What sidekick means here? My understanding of the local tongue is not perfect.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/01/pike-county-rhoden-shooting-obituaries/83802830/

Kenneth Rhoden’s obituary reveals he worked at US Utilities and leaves behind a son, two daughters and four grandchildren. For all the enormity of loss, his obituary ends with a flourish, finishing the listing of survivors this way: “...very dear couple to his heart Delbert and Violet Rigsby, along with a host of nieces, nephews, cousins, friends and his sidekick Brett Hatfield!”

Running buddy, close friends who are often seen together.

Cell service in Appalachia is still very iffy in some places. I can get it here, but can drive a few miles down the road and I'm in total blackout. One of the kids has to get in a corner of their house and tilt the phone against the window at an angle or drive to a clear spot, a few miles down the road. There's usually people sitting there talking.

I'm not in that area but my cell service is no better. I have 1 1/2 bars on a very good day. I've had to drive down the road to use my cell phone to report my land line being down.

Yeah, or at least go to her and be there for her when she gets the news because my sis would lose her sh**. And the kids.... Omg yes.

My thoughts are that if I found that situation, I would NOT want to have to go tell my sister that! I would have called our parents first!

Have the killer or killers not been found in this case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the Ken case, I'm wondering if the kids knew there was a strong box in parent's room under the bed, or wherever, with drugs or money inside? That wouldn't be info I would share with my kids! If I were dealing, I would do everything I could to keep any info from my family. Certainly wouldn't be something I would be proud of! But I would bet my last nickel the Rhoden kids knew what was going on!

Neither the Rhoden case nor the Ken case have had any arrests.

Was referring to the Pike County case. Had no idea no idea that there had not been any arrests in either case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On this I totally agree. Go back to my very first post and I said I didn't believe it was about a penny ante [in the grand scheme of things] pot operation. I think it was about something "white", either in powder
or pill form. It's not about "paternity, family jealousy, etc..". It's about DRUGS. Whether or nor rogue LE is involved is up for speculation. It's not some 18 year old. It was professionally carried out to the extent
that NO 18 year old would be capable of w/o quickly getting caught.
You think it was powder drug. Where did you see it?

I say it was love because it is was the most valuable good in this home.

whoever did do this had a huge amount of rage against one or more members of the family and that spread to taking that rage out on all the family members who were present, I don't see this as being about drugs, cars or money per se,

to me this is a personal crime, as not all family would have been involved in the pot/drug business, and not all of them involved in the car business, but all were family,

and it was somebody very familiar with the family and the homes and who lived and slept where they did, whether it was one or more people the crime was carried out in a manner that meant the killer/s got into 4 homes, homes where the owners had and used guns for hunting, then were able to kill all the adults without harming babies or children who were in very close proximity to the adults they intended to kill,

all this in the dark and on land that had lots of cars laying around, dogs all over the place, chickens/roosters and outbuildings plus whatever else was laying around,

I also think LE have no idea what the motive is, and whoever the suspect/s are the motive will be something that was a very close family secret that not many outside the people killed know about, and if the killer/s keep their mouths shut and carry on behave as they usually do then LE will struggle to catch them,

whoever did do this had a huge amount of rage against one or more members of the family and that spread to taking that rage out on all the family members who were present, I don't see this as being about drugs, cars or money per se,

to me this is a personal crime, as not all family would have been involved in the pot/drug business, and not all of them involved in the car business, but all were family,

and it was somebody very familiar with the family and the homes and who lived and slept where they did, whether it was one or more people the crime was carried out in a manner that meant the killer/s got into 4 homes, homes where the owners had and used guns for hunting, then were able to kill all the adults without harming babies or children who were in very close proximity to the adults they intended to kill,

all this in the dark and on land that had lots of cars laying around, dogs all over the place, chickens/roosters and outbuildings plus whatever else was laying around,

I also think LE have no idea what the motive is, and whoever the suspect/s are the motive will be something that was a very close family secret that not many outside the people killed know about, and if the killer/s keep their mouths shut and carry on behave as they usually do then LE will struggle to catch them,

I agree very much with your line of thinking.

Since this is a personal crime, the motive is personal and therefore we will only know when the perps are caught. However I do think investigators, after 150 interviews and 700 tips, have some idea.

Prosecution needs witnesses. Imo, nobody will talk in the family. As another poster said, family members will defend their own until they are 100% sure they have done wrong.

Can we imagine
- giving a brother, a son?
- giving your brother/sister's son?
- a Rhoden giving a Manley? A Manley giving a Rhoden or a Gilley?

Honestly I am not surprised by the comments made by AG "people are not telling everything they know". If it was the pizza delivery men, it would be easier. I am afraid, it is not.

RBBM. We don't know they haven't checked.

If investigators in the Rhoden case had compared notes with LE in the Eapman executions, they wouldn't be talking to the news media about similarities in these two cases. The fact that the Kenton County prosecutor keeps going to the news media about the similarities in this case is very telling. If the Rhoden investigators had contacted them, compared evidence, and ruled out a connection, they wouldn't still be going to the news media.

I hope a reporter follows up with Kenton County to ask them if they've had any contact from investigators on the Rhoden case.

There are very significant similarities in these two executions that don't appear to be coincidental.

Male patriarch involved in drug trade

Killers who struck silently in the middle of the night

Killers who knew exactly where to find the victims in a dark house

Killers who didn't kill children

Killers who killed quickly and quietly

Killers who were able to enter and leave the crime scene without attracting any attention or witnesses

On this I totally agree. Go back to my very first post and I said I didn't believe it was about a penny ante [in the grand scheme of things] pot operation. I think it was about something "white", either in powder
or pill form. It's not about "paternity, family jealousy, etc..". It's about DRUGS. Whether or nor rogue LE is involved is up for speculation. It's not some 18 year old. It was professionally carried out to the extent
that NO 18 year old would be capable of w/o quickly getting caught.

Agree. I think quite a few of us have suspected that from the start. CR1, Gary & KR were likely on the LE radar because of their pot growing ops, but it seemed it would take something much more serious, involving a lot more money to trigger such a large scale execution.

Also agree the paternity, family jealousy, etc. is a red herring, though it's not surprising some sleuths return to those theories.

If investigators in the Rhoden case had compared notes with LE in the Eapman executions, they wouldn't be talking to the news media about similarities in these two cases. The fact that the Kenton County prosecutor keeps going to the news media about the similarities in this case is very telling. If the Rhoden investigators had contacted them, compared evidence, and ruled out a connection, they wouldn't still be going to the news media.

I hope a reporter follows up with Kenton County to ask them if they've had any contact from investigators on the Rhoden case.

There are very significant similarities in these two executions that don't appear to be coincidental.

Male patriarch involved in drug trade

Killers who struck silently in the middle of the night

Killers who knew exactly where to find the victims in a dark house

Killers who didn't kill children

Killers who killed quickly and quietly

Killers who were able to enter and leave the crime scene without attracting any attention or witnesses
Respectfully, we haven't heard anything new about the Rhoden case since the first press release why on earth would they start releasing info on the Eapman case. Na uh, falls right in line with how they have been handling it all along. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow