OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guessed I must've missed it when we learned that HG's sister had packed a bag to stay over night but instead went home after work. So it turns out that three different family members were supposed to stay in three separate homes there that night but all changed their plans. Otherwise there could've been eleven victims instead of eight?

Do you really think HG's sister would have stayed home knowing her own sister was about to be killed? And not try to find a ruse to get her sister out of there? That would be pretty cold, I can't imagine she would do that.

Maybe it's kind of like what happened after the Manson murders when dozens of people claim to have been invited to visit Sharon Tate that night, but changed their plans. It's some kind of psychological reaction to a horrific tragedy that happens to someone you know well.

WAVERLY, Ohio (AP) - An Ohio sheriff says he believes whoever killed eight family members in April were from the area and not out-of-towners.

http://www.tristateupdate.com/story...ff-believes-killers-of-ohio-family-were-local
After the last six months, I'm not sure I believe anything Charlie says. Same stuff, different day. I'm beginning to think he should go into a different line of work: like stocker in a grocery store. He's just really blown it with me! I'd still like to hit him in the face with a big, sticky pie.

What is much larger than a few grow ops and a derby racing hobby?

Racketeering.
That's what.

(That is just my opinion.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How about extortion?

What was this invoice supposed to be for, do you know?
Does anyone have a screen shot or know what was in Chris Sr's trailer the Reader didn't want released but it was released in error ? ( I'm hearing it was on a invoice )

Well IMO, that only leaves the kids and Rebecca Clay Allen.
I don't think it was the kids. RCA,? Maybe. In the first few days, Leonard seemed to think that might be a possibility, but nobody seemed to listen to him. There is another person I have in mind who cannot be discussed. Just looking at that person makes me cringe! I'm probably way off, but I really get bad vibes from that person. Seems bitter and judgemental, and downright mean.
I just don't see the kids, who all are around Frankie's age as being capable of pulling something like this off without leaving enough evidence around to hang themselves. I know there have been alot of young people who have been killers throughout history, but they are usually messy and are caught really quickly.

I just pray that this case is solved soon. I think about the victims several times a day. I cannot get this case out of my mind.

RSD As usual, I am thinking the same things you are. (But you do a much better job explaining things than I do).

I might add IMO some of the most common motives for murder (in no particular order): Revenge, sex/love, jealousy, money, keeping someone from talking. Which of those could apply? Just some thoughts. MOO.

The main culprits normally boil down to revenge, hatred, or jealousy over sex or money.

I have considered a love triangle between Chris, Dana, and ? But one in which Chris and Dana were in love, and were both unaware that another person was in love with either of them.

RSD As usual, I am thinking the same things you are. (But you do a much better job explaining things than I do).

I might add IMO some of the most common motives for murder (in no particular order): Revenge, sex/love, jealousy, money, keeping someone from talking. Which of those could apply? Just some thoughts. MOO.

W/the exception of HHG and KR, all of the victims, at some point, had worked, or were working, for Big Bear Lake or a co-company (term?). TR talked to CR1 the night before the murders and said he'd see him at BBL the next day. So, TR even worked there. Could BBL possibly be where this is all tied together?

I think that is the first time I've heard anything from Slusher, but he sounds concerned and might be the type of person who would be a little more forthcoming with info that would might not be detrimental to the case. I would hate to be in a job like that and have a state full of concerned citizens and not be able to allay their fears because nothing much could be discussed.

BBL is a common link, so are the "drug" community, so are a lot of jealous, angry people. This is a "revenge" crime. So many of the family was involved in criminal enterprises! I think everyone in the family dealt drugs except maybe Dana. And folks I'm not even sure about that anymore! So many people that we have studied were pi..ed off at these people for some obvious reasons and some that we are not aware of, or some that only the perps understand. No wonder we can't figure out who did this! LE, BCI, AG whoever is handling this case has to talk to 12 people to get one little bit of info (just a random number). Pike Co jail has had a swinging door of different inmates and we're not even sure of how many have been in and out of Adams, Ross, Scioto County jails. What I can't understand is by this time, why has there been no arrests? If this is about election time, that's not a very good way of getting votes IMO. That and the mention that nobody can keep straight records of money spent on "cases" in Ohio (AG) doesn't make me feel safe and secure with the "powers that be" Sorry this is all JMO and frustration.

BBL is a common link, so are the "drug" community, so are a lot of jealous, angry people. This is a "revenge" crime. So many of the family was involved in criminal enterprises! I think everyone in the family dealt drugs except maybe Dana. And folks I'm not even sure about that anymore! So many people that we have studied were pi..ed off at these people for some obvious reasons and some that we are not aware of, or some that only the perps understand. No wonder we can't figure out who did this! LE, BCI, AG whoever is handling this case has to talk to 12 people to get one little bit of info (just a random number). Pike Co jail has had a swinging door of different inmates and we're not even sure of how many have been in and out of Adams, Ross, Scioto County jails. What I can't understand is by this time, why has there been no arrests? If this is about election time, that's not a very good way of getting votes IMO. That and the mention that nobody can keep straight records of money spent on "cases" in Ohio (AG) doesn't make me feel safe and secure with the "powers that be" Sorry this is all JMO and frustration.

They seemed to attract, and thrive, on drama. DR maybe not as much but had adapted. They pushed someone too far and it's blown back on them this time. I don't think they ever realized it until it was too late. I'd guess that the assailant(s) almost lost control of the situation at CR1's that night.

We all seem to be ready to pull our hair over all the twists and turns and she was mad at her because, and he got upset with them over, and he said my sis was ugly, and she doesn't like my brother...sounds like C'Vale only nobody was ever murdered in the 15 yrs I lived there. My experience with the small towns like that is if 3/4 of the people couldn't stir up baloney by gossiping on a weekly basis, they weren't living right!
I do have to admit I would rather be there because I have several dear friends I miss terribly, and Texas doesn't really feel like home, but 95% of the time I heard the gossip, I rarely discussed it with anybody except my close friends. I've always tried to treat people the way I wanted to be treated, and if that wasn't possible, I just stayed away from those people.
I also find it hard to understand how differently people are raised and view things completely different, for example, how differently people in Indiana view problems than people in Colorado.
As Bill Murray commented in Stripes, we have ancestors from many countries who were kicked out of other countries because of their religious beliefs or political beliefs and came to America where everybody is supposed to be able to worship the way they want and are entitled to have their own opinions.

I'm having trouble with the quick reply thing and have lost my post twice. Here's hoping it keeps this time. I don't often post on this forum but read it every day. I live far away and don't have much time to sleuth for myself. . Thank you to the posters who keep the forum current. I think LE will make an arrest(s) soon. I think this because after many months of silence, LE is talking to media. I fear that when the take-down occurs, there will be more violence. These killers have already killed 8 people. I hope LE remains safe.

Do you really think HG's sister would have stayed home knowing her own sister was about to be killed? And not try to find a ruse to get her sister out of there? That would be pretty cold, I can't imagine she would do that.

Maybe it's kind of like what happened after the Manson murders when dozens of people claim to have been invited to visit Sharon Tate that night, but changed their plans. It's some kind of psychological reaction to a horrific tragedy that happens to someone you know well.

RBBM I'm not sure why you would ask me this. I did not in any way imply that. Nor would I.

We all seem to be ready to pull our hair over all the twists and turns and she was mad at her because, and he got upset with them over, and he said my sis was ugly, and she doesn't like my brother...sounds like C'Vale only nobody was ever murdered in the 15 yrs I lived there. My experience with the small towns like that is if 3/4 of the people couldn't stir up baloney by gossiping on a weekly basis, they weren't living right!
I do have to admit I would rather be there because I have several dear friends I miss terribly, and Texas doesn't really feel like home, but 95% of the time I heard the gossip, I rarely discussed it with anybody except my close friends. I've always tried to treat people the way I wanted to be treated, and if that wasn't possible, I just stayed away from those people.
I also find it hard to understand how differently people are raised and view things completely different, for example, how differently people in Indiana view problems than people in Colorado.
As Bill Murray commented in Stripes, we have ancestors from many countries who were kicked out of other countries because of their religious beliefs or political beliefs and came to America where everybody is supposed to be able to worship the way they want and are entitled to have their own opinions.

I am leaning toward it being something that has simmered for awhile, could possibly be familial at the root, and the assailant(s) had probably been planning it, or at least thinking about it, for awhile, but something triggered them to act. Could look like something minor on the surface but it was more like the straw that broke the camel's back.

How about extortion?

Absolutely!

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1961

Per the Cornell link on RICO laws,
Racketeering activity under federal law includes a number of criminal offenses, including (but not limited to---because I've condensed their list):

Bribery
Sports bribery
Counterfeiting
Transmission of gambling information
Mail fraud
Wire fraud
Financial institution fraud
Obstruction of Justice
Obstruction of state or local law enforcement
Witness tampering
Retaliation against witness
Interference with commerce, bribery, or extortion
Interstate transportation in aid of racketeering
Prohibition of illegal gambling business
Money Laundering
Monetary transactions in property derived from unlawful activities
Interstate transportation of stolen motor vehicles
Interstate transportation of stolen property
Sale of stolen goods
Trafficking in motor vehicles and parts
Felonious manufacture, importation, receiving, concealment, buying, selling, or otherwise dealing in narcotic or other dangerous drugs

RICO outlaws every manner in which an enterprise can be used for long-term racketeering activity. Under the law, no person may invest racketeering proceeds to acquire any interest in an enterprise; no person may acquire or maintain an interest in an enterprise through a pattern of racketeering activity; and no person associated with or employed by an enterprise may conduct that enterprise's affairs through a pattern of racketeering activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member