OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last article said Reader didn't know the motive, but didn't think it was drugs. I don't understand how he could know it's not drugs, if he doesn't know the motive! He's also claiming it's not cartel, as is the DEA, but how would they know that if they didn't know who it was?
Question. Is RAC's boyfriends/ husband in a biker gang?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't know if they misspoke, but in the video, the reporter pretty much says they have a motive. "There were no witnesses, at first there was no motive." @ 1:20 of the video in the last t.v. interview with Reader.
http://www.wcpo.com/longform/pike-c...lers-in-rhoden-family-homicides-may-be-locals

Yeah, after hearing that interview, it seems to me they absolutely have a motive. So coming up with suspects should be forthcoming. And I have serious doubts that they would have to question another 100 people to figure out who was involved!

Hi rsd1200. I haven't posted on here for a while. I had a death in my family so I have been kind of distracted. The only thing I can think of that would be bigger than drugs would be *advertiser censored*. More specifically child *advertiser censored*. Huge money there. But also huge risk since the Gov monitors the internet for such sites. Unless it was produced in the trailer and sold via CD through the mail. Still would have to have a way to attract buyers, maybe through Craigs list or other sites? A guy in a town about 50 miles from me was doing this using his own children. The kids told a couple of friends and the friends told parents who went to police. The said they found huge amounts of cash in his home. Guy was a real sicko. Hope this is not against TOS.

"One thing is certain, whoever committed these murders had to know something about crime scene investigation and crime scene clean-up," Slusher told ABC 6/FOX 28.

Wasn't one of the boyfriend's father/family in the business of crime scene cleanup?

Yes! Within the first week I had suspicions about a certain local crime scene clean up person who didn't seem fond of the rhodens. However we were admonished and sworn to never speak of them again. Very interesting!

That could be good, bad, or indifferent! When the people who have the crime scene cleanup svc, were mentioned, did we ever find out for sure they had any ties with the Rhodens?

They did have ties to one rhoden. Still can't figure what any motive would be though. I still think the boys who threatened them before the murders have the biggest most glaring motive due to their ongoing fights and racial tension. Or the restraining order drama. Somehow multiple people got together and did this. I'm still not convinced billy harpers car wasn't involved.

Hi rsd1200. I haven't posted on here for a while. I had a death in my family so I have been kind of distracted. The only thing I can think of that would be bigger than drugs would be *advertiser censored*. More specifically child *advertiser censored*. Huge money there. But also huge risk since the Gov monitors the internet for such sites. Unless it was produced in the trailer and sold via CD through the mail. Still would have to have a way to attract buyers, maybe through Craigs list or other sites? A guy in a town about 50 miles from me was doing this using his own children. The kids told a couple of friends and the friends told parents who went to police. The said they found huge amounts of cash in his home. Guy was a real sicko. Hope this is not against TOS.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'd noticed you had not been around for awhile. I am unsure of TOS as well, but, that crossed my mind too. I hope that's not it. I've sat and wondered what could make someone do something like this and normally, if it goes "much deeper" than drugs and stolen cars then, to me, they've done something to someone that's unforgivable. They've crossed a line. Child *advertiser censored*, harming someone's child, or backing someone into a corner (maybe through extortion) would be worse. Possibly could go back several years to the split in the family. I can't imagine murdering eight people so I can only think of the most horrible things that would push someone to do this. I don't think this is about money either, not in the sense that the Rhodens had some money, and this was a way to steal it kind of deal.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'd noticed you had not been around for awhile. I am unsure of TOS as well, but, that crossed my mind too. I hope that's not it. I've sat and wondered what could make someone do something like this and normally, if it goes "much deeper" than drugs and stolen cars then, to me, they've done something to someone that's unforgivable. They've crossed a line. Child *advertiser censored*, harming someone's child, or backing someone into a corner (maybe through extortion) would be worse. Possibly could go back several years to the split in the family. I can't imagine murdering eight people so I can only think of the most horrible things that would push someone to do this. I don't think this is about money either, not in the sense that the Rhodens had some money, and this was a way to steal it kind of deal.

Thank you. My older sister passed away. Rough time but she had been ill for a while. As they say it was a shock but no surprise.

For some reason I just can't see DR in that *advertiser censored* thing. I don't know why but it just doesn't fit for me so I would wonder why they would go to her house to kill her and her kids. I can't really see KR or FR or HG in it either. Not if what KR's daughters say about him is true. On the other hand if it was the RCA incident why not kill just DR and CRjr and maybe HR if she was present. Why go to 3 other places and kill CRsr, FR, GR, HG and KR. That doesn't fit with me either. I can't see a scenario where just those 8 people knew something that got them killed or were into something just those 8 knew about. I can't buy that either. These people were close, both Rhodens and Manleys. They all lived close to each other, visited often. Daily even. Called each other. Stayed the night with each other. BR even lived with FR and HG shortly before. So I would say anything those 8 knew or were into the whole family knew or at least quite a few did. As KR's daughter admitted she knew her dad grew and sold some mj. I don't think there was many secrets within this family. Especially as there were 2 brothers and then you have DR and BJM also with LM visiting helping out with the cars often. Tony calling about something as small as a lock. Just don't see it. BJM saying that CRsr's door was locked and that's how she knew something was wrong implies the door was never locked when she came to feed the dogs. So you have an open door for BJM and all the time in the world to snoop into everything in that trailer while she cleaned it. Ditto with KR as she was said to go over and clean for him also. No this was something they all knew about. That brings me back to the guys they got into a fight with over the demo derby( remember a couple of the teeth in the dentures being knocked out and he just glued them back in) that maybe festered into a full blown feud for revenge. Or the IJ and LJ confrontation. But again where does KR fit into all that. And if KR is killed why not the other 2 brothers TR and BR? Why pass over numerous Rhoden houses in between CRsr and KR's homes if the revenge was for all Rhodens? None of this makes sense. Some does if you leave out DR and kids. some does if you leave out KR. Some does if TR and BR were killed also. I think when we finally find out the motive and the who it is going to be a shocker for us all.

Maybe we will start to see more movement or new info released with the election right around the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like stereotypes but this was an area with a history of feuds. Families that go back generations sometimes on the same land even. Kentucky was the scene of the famous Hatfield and McCoy feud (I have seen some Hatfield names on here so please don't take offense as this is just an historical example). That feud was said to be over a young couple but was proved later to have ignited over ownership of a pig and stemming from tension brewing since the Civil War.
Could these murders be along the same lines and be over something so trivial that the rest of the family members has overlooked it or forgotten about it? It almost seemed that way in the beginning when Sheriff Reader told the rest of the family to arm themselves (something I could not even imagine a sheriff saying in the area I live in). With all the talking LM did at the beginning and other family members since there should be a clue in there somewhere. But if there is I am missing it. Be glad when this case is solved and we get some answers.

Thank you. My older sister passed away. Rough time but she had been ill for a while. As they say it was a shock but no surprise.

For some reason I just can't see DR in that *advertiser censored* thing. I don't know why but it just doesn't fit for me so I would wonder why they would go to her house to kill her and her kids. I can't really see KR or FR or HG in it either. Not if what KR's daughters say about him is true. On the other hand if it was the RCA incident why not kill just DR and CRjr and maybe HR if she was present. Why go to 3 other places and kill CRsr, FR, GR, HG and KR. That doesn't fit with me either. I can't see a scenario where just those 8 people knew something that got them killed or were into something just those 8 knew about. I can't buy that either. These people were close, both Rhodens and Manleys. They all lived close to each other, visited often. Daily even. Called each other. Stayed the night with each other. BR even lived with FR and HG shortly before. So I would say anything those 8 knew or were into the whole family knew or at least quite a few did. As KR's daughter admitted she knew her dad grew and sold some mj. I don't think there was many secrets within this family. Especially as there were 2 brothers and then you have DR and BJM also with LM visiting helping out with the cars often. Tony calling about something as small as a lock. Just don't see it. BJM saying that CRsr's door was locked and that's how she knew something was wrong implies the door was never locked when she came to feed the dogs. So you have an open door for BJM and all the time in the world to snoop into everything in that trailer while she cleaned it. Ditto with KR as she was said to go over and clean for him also. No this was something they all knew about. That brings me back to the guys they got into a fight with over the demo derby( remember a couple of the teeth in the dentures being knocked out and he just glued them back in) that maybe festered into a full blown feud for revenge. Or the IJ and LJ confrontation. But again where does KR fit into all that. And if KR is killed why not the other 2 brothers TR and BR? Why pass over numerous Rhoden houses in between CRsr and KR's homes if the revenge was for all Rhodens? None of this makes sense. Some does if you leave out DR and kids. some does if you leave out KR. Some does if TR and BR were killed also. I think when we finally find out the motive and the who it is going to be a shocker for us all.

For all intents and purposes, I've always thought that BJM would have been targeted. I saw the families as having strong blood ties, but maybe not all of them were "besties". It seems that the ones who were closest are the ones who ended up dead. CR1 was noted as GR's best friend. CR1 & KR seemed more of team and were closer in age than TR and BR. TR had not even set foot in the yellow house since their father died, but, KR had lived there, right beside CR1 and FR, til he moved to Left Fork. I think that Rhoden males have caused this. I don't know how yet, but I'm still leaning toward this whole thing being about revenge of some sort. That was an awful lot of hate unleashed on those folks.

I don't like stereotypes but this was an area with a history of feuds. Families that go back generations sometimes on the same land even. Kentucky was the scene of the famous Hatfield and McCoy feud (I have seen some Hatfield names on here so please don't take offense as this is just an historical example). That feud was said to be over a young couple but was proved later to have ignited over ownership of a pig and stemming from tension brewing since the Civil War.
Could these murders be along the same lines and be over something so trivial that the rest of the family members has overlooked it or forgotten about it? It almost seemed that way in the beginning when Sheriff Reader told the rest of the family to arm themselves (something I could not even imagine a sheriff saying in the area I live in). With all the talking LM did at the beginning and other family members since there should be a clue in there somewhere. But if there is I am missing it. Be glad when this case is solved and we get some answers.

I think so. What may be trivial to me, may be a completely different story to someone else. Just like this woman in town, who divorced her spouse for eating the last cucumber from the garden, that she'd saved for her lunch. Everyone thought that was such a strange reason for her to divorce him. It came to light, later on though, that the cucumber was just the straw that broke the camel's back. He'd not been an exemplary spouse over the years, at all. We'd only seen the surface of their relationship. We've seen the surface of this family, and even just looking at the surface, we could see that they were into some sketchy things. I'm not victim bashing, b/c my family is most certainly not perfect. I'm just saying that they lived life out loud. Most folks I know, including myself, would have been a bit more discreet, if they had 200 pot plants growing on their property, and were actively selling it out of their homes (w/the exception of DR's home, iirc the Rhodens were). But they weren't discreet at all. They seemed to not have a worry at all about being pulled over, arrested for fighting, standing in the road w/baseball bats and firearms to block traffic, etc... I would be the quietest, most well-behaved, person in the county if I had 200 marijuana plants on my property! j.s.

IMO, with the LE and AG saying it was someone that knew the property's they came in on 4 wheeler's as close as they could and walked in the rest of the way. I also think it involves family, Rhodens and Manley's and other's that had issues with the family as a whole. They had been planning it for awhile. I think every time they got together (the perps) weather they were partying at someone's house, hanging with each other, or just sitting around talking. One would start to complain, another would join in and before you knew it, plans began. It started out as just talk, and with each new offense (by the Rhoden's) weather justified or not it grew into a plan to get rid of them.
This family was known to "get even" if you wronged them. They couldn't leave any witnesses alive to tell on them or to get back at them. Some I believe were just at the wrong place at the wrong time (I hope). I'm not a killer, so I can't understand their reason's for what they did. trying to understand these murders with a logicial mind won't work for us.

Correct me if I am wrong folks, but if LE has a motive, which I believe they do, doesn't it stand to reasons they must have a suspect (s) on the radar as well?
I personally think they do. I am of the mindset that one person was the primary target ( I think HR ), and all the rest were killed because what they might know, and in GR's case, because he was there. I also think this is someone the family knew, had been in their homes, and that is how they got past dogs and knew where everyone was.
All this IS MOO, but I firmly believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily