OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a large family. Wish we had a family tree. Some cases are helped with maps, here we need a family tree. I know there are many family members that are surviving victims in this case and 8 members of the family that are murder victims. Hope arrests are nearing the bend and whomever DeWine feels has more info. steps up to the plate. Justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://wdtn.com/2016/04/25/pike-county-family-tree-released/

In the MSM link above, there is a bit of a family tree provided.

"Dickerson's fears were unfounded for at least some of the victims: As the unsolved case reaches its six-month mark on Saturday, the Ohio attorney general's office has approved $22,500 from the Ohio Victims of Crime Compensation Program to cover much of the bill for the three Rhoden siblings who died.
That’s $7,500 apiece (the maximum that fund criteria allows) to help pay for a share of the funeral for Hanna Rhoden, 19, and her brothers, 16-year-old Christopher Rhoden Jr. and Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20. A claim has been made but is still pending for their father, 40-year-old Christopher Rhoden Sr.
No claims have been filed for their mother and Chris Sr.'s ex-wife, 37-year-old Dana Manley Rhoden or for 44-year-old Kenneth Rhoden, Chris Sr.'s brother"

Good news regarding covering funeral costs!
unusual that nothing filed for Dana or Kenneth ? Thoughts?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...ll-comfort-for-surviving-family-members.html#

The claim for DR would have to be filed by LM and the claim for KR would have to be filed by KR's daughter. Maybe they just have their reasons for not doing so. The other claims for CR1, FR, and HR, would have been filed by TR. CR2 would not have any estate filings, or executor, b/c he was a minor, and I don't think it's been determined as to who would be GR's executor (GR's may be handled in Kentucky).

Thanks Observation. I had read that Clarence had a sister with the last name Stone & that Geneva was a Stone although are they different families? Small world.

I know two people who married unrelated people with the same last name. It seems strange to me...

Is there a new thread or are we just having a slow day?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Is there a new thread or are we just having a slow day?

We are running out of stuff to talk about.

We keep talking about the Rhodens but think about it, the police seems to be focusing more on the Manleys.

This should get the thread going!

Help stalled

The ongoing investigation also has frozen assistance usually available to families and survivors of violent crime.

Some of the victims had life insurance, but Manley said investigators are holding up autopsies and other reports needed to apply. Similar problems are stalling applications for victim’s compensation from the state.

The inheritance process is stalled in probate court because the family’s property is being held as evidence. Some speculate it will all be kept by the county as drug forfeiture, though one family member said they were told it won’t. It’s unclear when the property will be released; the storage lease is good through mid-May 2017.

Manley said he hopes to auction off his daughter’s belongings, including 15 cars in her name.

“Whenever it’s all said and done, the four grandchildren are going to get all of it,” he said.

Manley said a woman came to him claiming she was a friend of his daughter and raised money selling balloons and other things, but he said he found out a week ago that she pocketed the cash.

A dispute among family members forced to refund $8,220 raised to pay for the funeral for Dana and her children, he said.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...rs-abound-pike-county/sw88H0SRjuYVltzKX3xXUO/

This should get the thread going!

Help stalled

The ongoing investigation also has frozen assistance usually available to families and survivors of violent crime.

Some of the victims had life insurance, but Manley said investigators are holding up autopsies and other reports needed to apply. Similar problems are stalling applications for victim’s compensation from the state.

The inheritance process is stalled in probate court because the family’s property is being held as evidence. Some speculate it will all be kept by the county as drug forfeiture, though one family member said they were told it won’t. It’s unclear when the property will be released; the storage lease is good through mid-May 2017.

Manley said he hopes to auction off his daughter’s belongings, including 15 cars in her name.

“Whenever it’s all said and done, the four grandchildren are going to get all of it,” he said.

Manley said a woman came to him claiming she was a friend of his daughter and raised money selling balloons and other things, but he said he found out a week ago that she pocketed the cash.

A dispute among family members forced to refund $8,220 raised to pay for the funeral for Dana and her children, he said.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...rs-abound-pike-county/sw88H0SRjuYVltzKX3xXUO/
There are some pretty sucky people in this world. Guess that lady thought she needed the money more than Leonard.

We are running out of stuff to talk about.

We keep talking about the Rhodens but think about it, the police seems to be focusing more on the Manleys.

That would not surprise me either.

I've read all the threads up to here because I wanted to be caught up before posting. I have no new theories other than what I've read here. This is such a strange case. I am fascinated by it and by the fact that there are normal folk (not LE) trying to figure things out and concerned for people they do not know and equally horrified as well as I am distantly related. Having lost two family members within two months of each other myself, my heart acts for these people whom lost 8 in one night.

I am leaning, as some of you are, that this was someone local and this is very personal. Pot, cars, drugs, notwithstanding; the horror of what happened to these 8 folks is just awful. I have anxiously watched for an arrest and cannot believe it's taken so long, but I do understand the concept of dotting i's and crossing t's.

P.S. I am new to the thread and board and still getting used to learning my way around.

After reading that article, and realizing HG was shot in the head while nursing her 6 months old boy, I am horrified! What a low life disgusting creature who would do such a thing. I used to be team cartel, but now I'm thinking more like some nasty people like IJ and RM, they seem more rogue and disgusting. Or some gross biker gang related to the restraining order deal.

Let me ask a question? Why do all the news stations mostly run to LM for comments? Some of the Rhoden's have talked to the press, but lately with very little coming out, they run to LM. Is it a guaranteed response from him? Why isn't he following the same rules the others are? I'm sorry folks, but this bothers me. IMO and it is just MO, he seems to be a media hog. Why are the Manley's having more trouble getting what they need or want? There is a reason IMO. I'm not one of the people on here that "feels" for the Manleys. People can disagree all they want with me and if I'm wrong I will say I'm sorry to this family. But it seems to me that everything revolves around money for him. And this is the first time I've ever heard of a "special relationship" that DR and JM shared? What?

Let me ask a question? Why do all the news stations mostly run to LM for comments? Some of the Rhoden's have talked to the press, but lately with very little coming out, they run to LM. Is it a guaranteed response from him? Why isn't he following the same rules the others are? I'm sorry folks, but this bothers me. IMO and it is just MO, he seems to be a media hog. Why are the Manley's having more trouble getting what they need or want? There is a reason IMO. I'm not one of the people on here that "feels" for the Manleys. People can disagree all they want with me and if I'm wrong I will say I'm sorry to this family. But it seems to me that everything revolves around money for him. And this is the first time I've ever heard of a "special relationship" that DR and JM shared? What?

I have noticed this too. I wonder if the media gives him a payment as an incentive to talk, so they can get a story? I wouldn't ever doubt anything the media is capable of for a story. I also don't consider the media as ever being considerate of anybody's feelings.

After reading that article, and realizing HG was shot in the head while nursing her 6 months old boy, I am horrified! What a low life disgusting creature who would do such a thing. I used to be team cartel, but now I'm thinking more like some nasty people like IJ and RM, they seem more rogue and disgusting. Or some gross biker gang related to the restraining order deal.

How could they know she was shot while nursing her son?

How could they know she was shot while nursing her son?

Maybe that's how LE found them. It's easy to do while lying on your side, even if you're asleep. (sorry for the graphic). The baby could have kept nursing on and off post mortem. Even one that young. Her milk probably had just come in.

:welcome5: SerialGal

I think it was stated that it appeared she was nursing him, or had nursed him just before the shooting by the position she was laying in. Possibly her shirt was partially off?

The less money you have the more it means to you. These people are very poor. I saw something, maybe one of the posters on here saying CRsr owned a lot of land(75 acres). That may be a lot of land to someone who owns one lot big enough for a trailer but it would be peanuts to someone who owned a thousand acres. To those looking at a money motive at first I was doubtful that someone would kill 8 people for a few trailers and 75 acres. Now I am not so sure. At first to me I was thinking it would have to be along the lines of a Bill Gates or Warren Buffet to be worth that many lives. Now I am thinking that the 47 acres Clarence R owned could be at the heart of this from which resentment has built. That is how far down my expectations has come after listening to these people talk to news media.

I think we should spend more time looking at Geneva R's siblings and descendants, the Stone side of which DS is a part of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska