OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would actually be easy to tell, she could have gone into rigor mortis and had her arms still in the nursing position. Like glf said she could have been sitting up and could have had her shirt or nursing bra open. In my job I had a lady on my caseload who was shot in the head, killed instantly, while sitting down against a brick wall. She still had her bad of chips clenched in her hand when found. If killed instantly you are not going to move much.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It would actually be easy to tell, she could have gone into rigor mortis and had her arms still in the nursing position. Like glf said she could have been sitting up and could have had her shirt or nursing bra open. In my job I had a lady on my caseload who was shot in the head, killed instantly, while sitting down against a brick wall. She still had her bad of chips clenched in her hand when found. If killed instantly you are not going to move much.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Shooting a mother while she is breastfeeding her baby is the most cold blooded thing I have ever heard. My heart breaks so badly for her and her baby. I hope they get the worst penalty possible and are tortured in prison. I just cant imagine who could know the victims and be this cruel. May justice be swift to bring these animals in before they hurt someone else. If I lived there I would be terrified until they are caught and behind bars.

The less money you have the more it means to you. These people are very poor. I saw something, maybe one of the posters on here saying CRsr owned a lot of land(75 acres). That may be a lot of land to someone who owns one lot big enough for a trailer but it would be peanuts to someone who owned a thousand acres. To those looking at a money motive at first I was doubtful that someone would kill 8 people for a few trailers and 75 acres. Now I am not so sure. At first to me I was thinking it would have to be along the lines of a Bill Gates or Warren Buffet to be worth that many lives. Now I am thinking that the 47 acres Clarence R owned could be at the heart of this from which resentment has built. That is how far down my expectations has come after listening to these people talk to news media.

I think we should spend more time looking at Geneva R's siblings and descendants, the Stone side of which DS is a part of.

The Stone side would not profit from the murders though. Deep seeded revenge, maybe. Geneva was born in 1943 and has nine siblings. She was 19 when her father died and 20 when her mother died in '63.

At the time of their mother's death:
One brother, was 19. Deceased, 2014
One sister was 17.
TS, Donald's father, was 15. (He died in 1976 at the age of 29, and left behind DS and his four siblings.)
One brother was 14.
One sister was 12.
One sister was 10.
One sister was 8.
One brother was 6.
One sister, unknown age.

The Rhoden children started coming along in 1961
The elder Rhoden's divorce decree states that GR and CRsr were married 15 years, and decree was granted on [FONT=&amp]27th of September, 1995,[/FONT] and it was granted to the husband.
Clear as mud.

I apologize if I'm breaking TOS. Please delete if so. I tried to be vague.

I'd not totally leave out the Manley side either.

Let me ask a question? Why do all the news stations mostly run to LM for comments? Some of the Rhoden's have talked to the press, but lately with very little coming out, they run to LM. Is it a guaranteed response from him? Why isn't he following the same rules the others are? I'm sorry folks, but this bothers me. IMO and it is just MO, he seems to be a media hog. Why are the Manley's having more trouble getting what they need or want? There is a reason IMO. I'm not one of the people on here that "feels" for the Manleys. People can disagree all they want with me and if I'm wrong I will say I'm sorry to this family. But it seems to me that everything revolves around money for him. And this is the first time I've ever heard of a "special relationship" that DR and JM shared? What?

It seems that LM and TR have taken on the role of spokepersons for their respective side of the family. I just think that LM is talkative. I don't think he knows anything at all re;the murders. He doesn't seem to want anything for himself and the church is said to have paid off DR's, and the children's, remaining burial expenses. It sounds like, that any inner family ties that were stressed, before this, are nearly broken now, or have broken.

The Stone side would not profit from the murders though. Deep seeded revenge, maybe. Geneva was born in 1943 and has nine siblings. She was 19 when her father died and 20 when her mother died in '63.

At the time of their mother's death:
One brother, was 19. Deceased, 2014
One sister was 17.
TS, Donald's father, was 15. (He died in 1976 at the age of 29, and left behind DS and his four siblings.)
One brother was 14.
One sister was 12.
One sister was 10.
One sister was 8.
One brother was 6.
One sister, unknown age.

The Rhoden children started coming along in 1961
The elder Rhoden's divorce decree states that GR and CRsr were married 15 years, and decree was granted on [FONT=&amp]27th of September, 1995,[/FONT] and it was granted to the husband.
Clear as mud.

I apologize if I'm breaking TOS. Please delete if so. I tried to be vague.

I'd not totally leave out the Manley side either.

Wow, did I read correctly that GR and CR were only married 15 years? So they weren't married until 1980?

What about social security survivor benefits? Altho I don't suppose there would much there for anyone. But for anyone married to someone more than 10 years, there is a benefit option.

Great thinking sleuthers on who would be most hurt from this, AND who would most benefit, if any, from same.

What about social security survivor benefits? Altho I don't suppose there would much there for anyone. But for anyone married to someone more than 10 years, there is a benefit option.

Great thinking sleuthers on who would be most hurt from this, AND who would most benefit, if any, from same.

The three minor babies are the only ones eligible for SS death benefits. Kenny's kids are all grown. Staci couldn't draw from Kenny's benefits until she is 63. If Gary has any minor kids, they would be eligible.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here. I think a person has to pay into Social Security for ten quarters to be eligible for benefits on his/her own work history. Would Frankie Rhoden's children be eligible for death benefits? I don't think he was old enough to have paid in the required ten quarters.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here. I think a person has to pay into Social Security for ten quarters to be eligible for benefits on his/her own work history. Would Frankie Rhoden's children be eligible for death benefits? I don't think he was old enough to have paid in the required ten quarters. Also, I don't think Hannah Rhoden would have much of a work history either

Please correct me if I'm wrong here. I think a person has to pay into Social Security for ten quarters to be eligible for benefits on his/her own work history. Would Frankie Rhoden's children be eligible for death benefits? I don't think he was old enough to have paid in the required ten quarters. Also, I don't think Hannah Rhoden would have much of a work history either

Yes, they will be able to draw, regardless of Frankie's work history. Benefits will be based on what work history he has.

Wow, did I read correctly that GR and CR were only married 15 years? So they weren't married until 1980?

That's what it looks like. Unless there is a prior marriage to one another, a divorce, and then a remarriage. It's not really that far fetched, but, I've not seen anything other than the one record.

That's what it looks like. Unless there is a prior marriage to one another, a divorce, and then a remarriage. It's not really that far fetched, but, I've not seen anything other than the one record.

That's very interesting! It's definitely not far fetched.

The only ones who would benefit from SS payments would be legally married spouses, and/or the children, of the deceased. Like you, I don't see there being a windfall there for anyone. Also, if your spouse dies, while you are married, and you remarry, you lose your spousal benefits from your prior spouse. They may have changed it, but that's the way it has been in the past.

RSD, Clarence is the one who filed for the divorce?
I found that odd. However, maybe he gave her a divorce so she'd not have to file, since he is the party who wronged her. Sounds odd to me, but, I've seen odder.

It states:

Children: No minor children
Grounds are listed as: Other or Divorce Obtained Out of State
To Whom Decree Granted: Husband

Maybe she went back to Kentucky for awhile.

I found that odd. However, maybe he gave her a divorce so she'd not have to file, since he is the party who wronged her. Sounds odd to me, but, I've seen odder.

It states:

Children: No minor children
Grounds are listed as: Other or Divorce Obtained Out of State
To Whom Decree Granted: Husband

Maybe she went back to Kentucky for awhile. IIRC, GR's stated much the same.

I guess CR1 was the youngest so there wouldn't be any minor children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska