OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so confused. This is driving me nuts. So I'm wondering.. Is whoever DID kill the Rhodens satisfied? Did they achieve their goal? Did they get whatever it is they wanted out of this awful mess?

Please correct me if I'm wrong here. I think a person has to pay into Social Security for ten quarters to be eligible for benefits on his/her own work history. Would Frankie Rhoden's children be eligible for death benefits? I don't think he was old enough to have paid in the required ten quarters.

To qualify, the child's deceased parent must have earned at least one of the following: (a) 40 quarters of coverage throughout his or her lifetime, (b) 1 quarter of coverage for every year between age 21 and death, or (c) 6 quarters of coverage over the 13 calendar quarters prior to death.

I do not mean this to be snarky, at all, but I don't see that any of the children's deceased parents would have qualified. They were only 19 and had worked part time jobs, or not for lengthy times, or probably some under-the-table jobs.

I'm so confused. This is driving me nuts. So I'm wondering.. Is whoever DID kill the Rhodens satisfied? Did they achieve their goal? Did they get whatever it is they wanted out of this awful mess?

Thisis beginning to remind me of the Lori Helmer case. No motive, no witnesses, no suspects, no rhyme nor reason for killing somebody. Both brutal, info being kept extremely quiet. We don't know if robbery was an underlying reason...nothing seems to line up anywhere! Did the killers get what they wanted? We may never know.

I found that odd. However, maybe he gave her a divorce so she'd not have to file, since he is the party who wronged her. Sounds odd to me, but, I've seen odder.

It states:

Children: No minor children
Grounds are listed as: Other or Divorce Obtained Out of State
To Whom Decree Granted: Husband

Maybe she went back to Kentucky for awhile.

wow very surprised!

To qualify, the child's deceased parent must have earned at least one of the following: (a) 40 quarters of coverage throughout his or her lifetime, (b) 1 quarter of coverage for every year between age 21 and death, or (c) 6 quarters of coverage over the 13 calendar quarters prior to death.

I do not mean this to be snarky, at all, but I don't see that any of the children's deceased parents would have qualified. They were only 19 and had worked part time jobs, or not for lengthy times, or probably some under-the-table jobs.

I'm checking deeper because I know of a young girl whose father and mother both passed away and neither had worked long and she gets benefits ..now to see if I can find the loophole because there has to be one !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wouldn't be hard to believe they never paid any FICA taxes.
At that age a lot of part time jobs are cash...

I'm checking deeper because I know of a young girl whose father and mother both passed away and neither had worked long and she gets benefits ..now to see if I can find the loophole because there has to be one !!

She may get SSI Supplemental Security Income instead of Social Security. It is a different fund but administered by Social Security.

The Stone side would not profit from the murders though. Deep seeded revenge, maybe. Geneva was born in 1943 and has nine siblings. She was 19 when her father died and 20 when her mother died in '63.

At the time of their mother's death:
One brother, was 19. Deceased, 2014
One sister was 17.
TS, Donald's father, was 15. (He died in 1976 at the age of 29, and left behind DS and his four siblings.)
One brother was 14.
One sister was 12.
One sister was 10.
One sister was 8.
One brother was 6.
One sister, unknown age.

The Rhoden children started coming along in 1961
The elder Rhoden's divorce decree states that GR and CRsr were married 15 years, and decree was granted on [FONT=&amp]27th of September, 1995,[/FONT] and it was granted to the husband.
Clear as mud.

I apologize if I'm breaking TOS. Please delete if so. I tried to be vague.

I'd not totally leave out the Manley side either.

That would mean they were married in 1980?
Maybe they remarried? Or a typo meant to be 35?

I would say they were married in 1960.

Can't rule out the Manley side. I am wondering what the effect of CRsr and DR getting back together would have had on BJM and her living status.

Also had the thought that CRsr was supposed to be at DR,s that night. Would help if we knew the order of the murders.

She may get SSI Supplemental Security Income instead of Social Security. It is a different fund but administered by Social Security.

I don't think the kids could draw SSI. That is disability. There will be a way for them to draw survivors benefits, tho. They would not be excluded because of their parents age. Granted, it probably not be alot, but it would be enough to help supplement any surviving parents income, and most likely they will be eligible for food stamps.

It could be that she gets it as a form of child support through SSI, but, one of my grandchildren's parent's passed at 20 and that grandchild gets SS benefits. The parent that passed had worked since about age 15. The parents were not married and had worked out support payments, paternity, etc..., through the court prior to the one parent's death, so there was no problem at all w/SocSec. For my grandchild's 1/2 sibling, it was more difficult, b/c the child was only a few weeks old and all of the "legal" stuff had not been done, (since they were not married either), so in addition to mourning, the surviving parent had to get the grandparent's, and my grandchild's, DNA to establish a legal path before the newborn could obtain benefits. (I hope that makes sense.)

Would they qualify for SSI? I see some of that come through my office, where mom or dad is deceased or disabled during a tax year. Of course SSI for a child is income belonging to the child not the surviving spouse. But I think FR,s children and HR,s youngest would qualify at least until paternity is established for the youngest. I could be wrong though as I know very little about Social Security and how it works.

I don't think the kids could draw SSI. That is disability. There will be a way for them to draw survivors benefits, tho. They would not be excluded because of their parents age. Granted, it probably not be alot, but it would be enough to help supplement any surviving parents income, and most likely they will be eligible for food stamps.

SSI (Supplemental Security Income[FONT=arial, sans-serif])[/FONT] is for people who have not paid in enough to draw Social Security or Social Security Disability Insurance.

Would they qualify for SSI? I see some of that come through my office, where mom or dad is deceased or disabled during a tax year. Of course SSI for a child is income belonging to the child not the surviving spouse. But I think FR,s children and HR,s youngest would qualify at least until paternity is established for the youngest. I could be wrong though as I know very little about Social Security and how it works.

No, the children would not qualify for SSI. Only a caregiver, who is 65 or older, blind, and/or disabled and meets the other income requirements, would be eligible. If the children lived with them it might increase their SSI benefit, but I'm unsure of that.

SW and KR will qualify for SS because their mom is the deceased parent. RR lost both parents, he automatically qualifies. BR's mom can file for him.

That would mean they were married in 1980?
Maybe they remarried? Or a typo meant to be 35?

I would say they were married in 1960.

Can't rule out the Manley side. I am wondering what the effect of CRsr and DR getting back together would have had on BJM and her living status.

Also had the thought that CRsr was supposed to be at DR,s that night. Would help if we knew the order of the murders.

I've thought all along that CR1 would have probably been at DR's new home. Maybe, b/c DR worked late, he went to the "work" trailer to hang out w/GR. I have a feeling that GR was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

SW and KR will qualify for SS because their mom is the deceased parent. RR lost both parents, he automatically qualifies. BR's mom can file for him.

They would only qualify for their parent's Social Security benefits if their parents paid enough in. They cut off when the child reaches 18 (19 if they haven't graduated h.s. by 18). Either way, the benefits would not be large enough to warrant killing eight people and risking getting killed in the process, or going to prison for life. It's something deeper than money or they would have robbed the places of the pot, and not left the money at KR's (according to DS). Whoever did this was ticked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141