OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was legally married, at least one time, for only about a year, from what I've gathered. However, there is a 2nd individual who claims to be a former spouse. I just found it odd, b/c there is no mention, nor record of a 2nd marriage.

I wonder if Kentucky recognizes common law marriage? That could be a possibility!

Makes me wonder how they presented that...if it does have something to do with the Derby?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Two fights that weren't reported to LE before the murders. Pot at all sites except DR's but it has nothing to do w/the pot (or the cars) if I took that right. I'm leaning toward the mountain justice or hillbilly justice, (whichever you want to call it), for something that someone has felt they were done so horribly wrong, that it justified killing out that family. I think the prime targets were CR1 and his immediate family. GR was a person who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and KR was killed b/c he'd know who it was. My other theory was narcing got them murdered b/c someone in LE was about to be outed, but I'm leaning more toward the former now. I've got a couple thoughts, as Reader said, of something "big", but nothing I can pinpoint based on what we have in front of us.

I sure would like to know all participants in any unreported fights they had!

I would too, and I'd also like to know what was in CR1's trailer. I think CR1 did something, and didn't realize how badly it was going to affect him and his family.

Yep, that is what I heard as well. I am not familiar with the derby thing, other than to know they get an old car, paint it up and run in to each other until one is left running I believe. Not my cup of tea but many are interested in such I suppose.

Those cars have a lot of time and money put into them. It's not a hobby for folks who are cash strapped, or cannot do quite a bit of the body, and mechanic work, themselves. I enjoy watching it but participating is not really my thang.

I remember reading on social media (and I don't remember who's page or what post it was under), but it was a woman who said she was with the rhodens at one of the houses shortly before the murders and a car or 2 of people came from Waverly to fight the Rhodens. It was a big ordeal. The Rhodens (and this woman) all went out to the cars to fight.

I'm starting to the the very first POI, the first gut feeling of police, the first people we all saw had threatened the family (even one person posted "we'll get em, or we got em") is where maybe where this all began.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This case IS the only thing I follow or ever have followed! I'm not real sure why, but it's almost like my life stopped the day it happened. Something about the fact that so many everyday people, young people, lost their lives moments apart from one another of the same family. One thing I've said all along, not drugs, not cars but something bigger than that! I'm ready for them to find these people and bring them to justice, for the sake of the family, community and Poor Reader who either has high blood pressure or a sunburn!

BBM
I was thinking he may be taking a few nips to settle the ole nerves. Between this and the J.J. case he's just up to his eyeballs in alligators.

Those cars have a lot of time and money put into them. It's not a hobby for folks who are cash strapped, or cannot do quite a bit of the body, and mechanic work, themselves. I enjoy watching it but participating is not really my thang.

Beyond all the money that can go into the cars I can tell you having attended some derbies in my younger years the environment can be very hostile. Groups of men will try to "sandbag" against a certain driver who is not in their "circle". This act includes a few sandbaggers teaming up and really going after one car/driver hard truly attempting to flip the car or injure the driver. I witnessed at least 3 over the years taken out on stretchers. Lastly, the final night of the county fairs I attended was always the "big derby night" and there would be severe fights and multiple arrests as a result of the sandbagging and other derby upsets.

I'm not at all saying this is the motive, but the mentality and under workings can get pretty brutal among the serious ones.

I remember reading on social media (and I don't remember who's page or what post it was under), but it was a woman who said she was with the rhodens at one of the houses shortly before the murders and a car or 2 of people came from Waverly to fight the Rhodens. It was a big ordeal. The Rhodens (and this woman) all went out to the cars to fight.

I'm starting to the the very first POI, the first gut feeling of police, the first people we all saw had threatened the family (even one person posted "we'll get em, or we got em") is where maybe where this all began.

I too thought there was a dust up of some kind just days before. I thought DR's father even mentioned it early on.
Some people came out to fight and the Rhodens ran them off...

I too thought there was a dust up of some kind just days before. I thought DR's father even mentioned it early on.
Some people came out to fight and the Rhodens ran them off...

There was supposedly a fight going to happen between two Rhoden family members and a couple of the folks in a car about 10 days before the murders. There's variations on how it got started and whether or not there were any weapons involved. Apparently the folks in the car decided to go back the way they came and didn't return w/a larger crew to help them. I thought they were cleared early on.

I was also thinking, that they probably took all of the family member's DNA to also rule out family DNA at the scene.

Maybe this has been brought up and I missed it , does anyone remember Dewine ever mentioning a witness or even 2 witnesses ? Does this mean maybe there is a witness ?
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/10/15/pike-county-death-foothills/91496698/
"This was a pre-planned execution of eight individuals," DeWine said. "This is not your case where somebody's gotten mad at somebody else and shot them. There's a witness, two witnesses. It's a very, very different type case."

Maybe this has been brought up and I missed it , does anyone remember Dewine ever mentioning a witness or even 2 witnesses ? Does this mean maybe there is a witness ?http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/10/15/pike-county-death-foothills/91496698/"This was a pre-planned execution of eight individuals," DeWine said. "This is not your case where somebody's gotten mad at somebody else and shot them. There's a witness, two witnesses. It's a very, very different type case."
Here's a video link with the entire statement. DeWine is talking about other murders having witnesses, not this case.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ohio-attorney-general-was-pre-planned-execution-eight-individuals-2359177

Are these wireless or connected to the camera somehow?

Our security systems have a dvr connected. All someone would have to do is to take the dvr. The cameras are just the eyes that the dvr records the video. Trail cams are different. They can record, take pictures and some have audio.

What is much larger than a few grow ops and a derby racing hobby?

Racketeering.
That's what.

(That is just my opinion.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they say larger than drugs in the article, or larger than pot?

My bet is someone thought he had money, since he just bought DRs mobile home. He went in debt as I recall for that. Maybe the reason CRSr took more of the violence, the intruders thought he had money, and they were mad at the family to boot.

Are these wireless or connected to the camera somehow?

They make both wired and wireless surveillance systems. Either way on that type of system, the dvr is what holds the video. Not the cameras. The wireless camera system is usually mounted with magnets & require expensive batteries that need replaced. It's best to have it all uploaded to cloud in case the dvr is stolen, wired or wireless. I can watch ours anywhere with my phone & get notifications via phone or notified by email. Taking the cameras would disable video from that area though. hth

This won't let me reply with quote. I need a microscope to see it! I don't remember Gary being married but once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove