OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep expecting to come here and see "ARRESTS" added to the title. I'm really surprised nobody has opened their mouths enough by now for arrests to be made. I say that because I think more than one person was involved, and usually, someone tells the wrong person and evetually gets caught.

I don't think it was a Mexican cartel at all, haven't thought that from the beginning. Whoever did this waited for Hanna Rhoden to have her baby before killing them all. It's too close to the birth of her child for that not to be the case, imo.

I don't really have any theories on the whos, whats, or whys of this case, other than they were known to the family. With 8 people murdered, there are just too many possibilities for me to really grab onto one theory and stick with it. It's so frustrating to see it going unsolved for so long. I think LE has an idea, but apparently not enough evidence to arrest them yet. I'm just hoping one of them decides to blab about it soon.

As far as someone involved actually reading all this, to me, that depends on what theory you like best, since we simply don't know who did this. Some people surrounding this family aren't people that strike me as the reading type, and that's about the nicest way I can say it. A couple of people that have been brought up as possibilities strike me as the types that would be following this, though. If the Mexican cartel theory is the one you think most likely, then no, not a chance any of them are reading any of this. If you're like me and haven't really "placed your bet" so to speak, then maybe they killers are reading here, maybe not. It is creepy to think about them actually sitting there reading all of this and saying to themselves, "Oh they are so far off! haha" or "Hmmm, I hope this person doesn't join our local LE anytime soon, or I'm going down."

As someone that hasn't really settled on anything, I do enjoy reading all of y'all's theories.

Thank you for posting! I bolded the part of your post that really stood out to me and kind of made my hair kind of stand up.

Whoever did this waited for Hanna Rhoden to have her baby before killing them all. It's too close to the birth of her child for that not to be the case, imo.

That struck a chord with me in particular. I think whomever did it had a beef with every single person they murdered. It was something that could have simmered so long that 8 people were murdered. For instance, the "beef" originally could have been with just one family member, but as time went on this "beef" brought in the 8 family members that were killed. There was a reason the babies weren't killed too.

Reason #1: The children were the reason for the murders.

Reason #2: They believed the babies were innocent and since their role was the judge, jury and executioner they made the decision to not kill the babies.

Reason #3: To scare the living **** out of every person in Pike County and the surrounding area and send a message of how powerful they are in controlling these murders, and that they could do murder again.

I just can't believe this was done by someone not familiar with the families in a family-like way. The person who did this lives amongst you.

Thank you for posting! I bolded the part of your post that really stood out to me and kind of made my hair kind of stand up.

That struck a chord with me in particular. I think whomever did it had a beef with every single person they murdered. It was something that could have simmered so long that 8 people were murdered. For instance, the "beef" originally could have been with just one family member, but as time went on this "beef" brought in the 8 family members that were killed. There was a reason the babies weren't killed too.

Reason #1: The children were the reason for the murders.

Reason #2: They believed the babies were innocent and since their role was the judge, jury and executioner they made the decision to not kill the babies.

Reason #3: To scare the living **** out of every person in Pike County and the surrounding area and send a message of how powerful they are in controlling these murders, and that they could do murder again.

I just can't believe this was done by someone not familiar with the families in a family-like way. The person who did this lives amongst you.

BBM

#1 and #2 have been part of my theory all along. As for #3, I think if it was done to scare people, they would have killed the kids too.

If the sheriff did say something that implied he believes this is deeper than drugs... then it really makes me lean more and more toward my theory. And that involves the children.

Mollyyandme I like your post!!I believe LE knows who the culprit is.
While I certainly don't know who the perps are, if you put the pieces together that we do have, it's obvious the killer was indeed known to the family and knew the homes and properties well.
Reader said in his last article friends, family and neighbors had not been forthcoming. They need to go to him, or he will come for them and they may face charges.
He is determined and not one that known to bluff.

I agree, and I think at least one of those who has not been forthcoming is doing so not out of fear of being the next victim, but out of self preservation to hide their involvement. I agree that based on what we do know, the killer knew the family, homes and properties well. I think any forensics linking this person to the scene could be explained away by a defense lawyer as this person had reason to have been there in the past. I think they are hoping someone talks or slips up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only way I can see a family member being directly involved is if it's a distant family member. You have to be a special kind of sociopath to participate in killing 8 family members you see and talk to often. I'm not close with one of my sisters, but I would never want to see anything bad happen to her. This was a cold, calculated killing. I just can't imagine family being involved.

The only way I can see a family member being directly involved is if it's a distant family member. You have to be a special kind of sociopath to participate in killing 8 family members you see and talk to often. I'm not close with one of my sisters, but I would never want to see anything bad happen to her. This was a cold, calculated killing. I just can't imagine family being involved.

I know what you mean. I felt this way for awhile too but the reality is that these sociopaths do exist. Evil does exist and there's no way for those of us who are not evil, or whatever pathology one might have to plan and participate in a murder like this, to understand that mindset. We have seen cases of family annihalators before and many times it's an immediate family member. Yes, this was a cold and calculated killing but imo, what we have been told by LE, points to at least one family member.

Some people who are closest to the victims are not being candid with LE, according to Reader. IMO, It's not to cover someone else who is very far in the family tree. It's to cover a parent, a child, a sibling, a cousin.

A while ago, I posted official crime statistics to demonstrate how often victims are killed by a family member.

Let's imagine the following situation: A has upset her family. Sibling B is really angry and kills A. C, the parent of A and B is mourning the loss of A. C also feels shame for B and some guilt over the conflict with A. C will cover B thinking B is suffering enough and justice won't bring back A, or help the family.

I agree, and I think at least one of those who has not been forthcoming is doing so not out of fear of being the next victim, but out of self preservation to hide their involvement. I agree that based on what we do know, the killer knew the family, homes and properties well. I think any forensics linking this person to the scene could be explained away by a defense lawyer as this person had reason to have been there in the past. I think they are hoping someone talks or slips up.

JMO, I think someone in family was involved BUT they expected robbery or maybe a little roughing up. No clue the "folks" they were enabling would take it to the level they did. Now here they are an accessory to 8 counts....and a host of other charges.

I'm not sold on any one theory yet, other than I do think that family played a role somehow. KR's death pretty much solidifies that for me. I'll be surprised if family is not involved in some way.

I'm not sold on any one theory yet, other than I do think that family played a role somehow. KR's death pretty much solidifies that for me. I'll be surprised if family is not involved in some way.

I feel exactly the same way.

I so much wish we had new info to discuss. But, even more so, I wish for an arrest.

I went to look back at something today and I don't remember if it had been mentioned before... for me, this adds to all the coincidences such as who was supposed to spend the night with who and where.

If info that I saw is correct, the grandfather began his sentence on HR's first birthday.

I know, I know. It doesn't add anything of any value to solving this, but it did make my mind start wondering about other theories that still tie into my main theory.

Couple other thoughts. DR had only been in that house for Four Weeks. Whoever did this had to know that, and know the layout to some degree, and there were no signs of forced entry, so either they had a key, or they were let inside. I think possibly the latter. DR had two dogs, iirc. A pit, and a wolf dog. Even if they weren't barky dogs, or mean dogs, they'd still most likely alert if someone was roaming around outside. My Rott is not a barky dog, but, I can tell by the way she holds her head, and body, that she's heard something, or seen something. I've got a couple of small ones that bark if a leaf flutters by... HR's original due date was 4/29. Someone either moved up their plans, (which also means they had detailed info about everyone's whereabouts) or, that 4/21 was the original date they had planned, and it was pure luck that the baby had been born. You can't see KR's, nor DR's, homes from the road. They have longer drives and have trees blocking their view from the roadway. It would be hard for a stranger to canvas those homes with as much people activity, as those homes likely had going into, and out of, them. Especially in the last four weeks, when DR was just moving into her new home, was fixing it up and decorating, and even had a baby shower for HR. KR's dog was the only one that gave LE any trouble, that we know of, so if someone had been snooping around his place, I'd guess his dog, out of all of them, would have alerted.

I so much wish we had new info to discuss. But, even more so, I wish for an arrest.

I went to look back at something today and I don't remember if it had been mentioned before... for me, this adds to all the coincidences such as who was supposed to spend the night with who and where.

If info that I saw is correct, the grandfather began his sentence on HR's first birthday.

I know, I know. It doesn't add anything of any value to solving this, but it did make my mind start wondering about other theories that still tie into my main theory.

That's a bit uncanny. Of course, everything about this case is uncanny. He was released in Aug. 2002. A little over two years early. The victim actually wrote a letter, asking that he be released early, due to him being old and ill, and the stress it had put on the family (loosely quoting). He was granted a divorce, in Sept. of '95. Reasons were stated as: Other or Divorce Obtained Out of State

FYI, Hanna's DOB 4/7/97. That would have made her five when Clarence was released. Says HE initiated the divorce? Long article/interview with Tony a few threads back states Geneva filed after Clarence was arrested. Maybe he did file in another state, but that doesn't make much sense to me. I would think if he filed first, it would be to preserve the land, other personal possessions from Geneva asking for her part ownership.
The whole story we have been given about his arrest and conviction seems a little strange to me. But maybe its just me!
I can't imagine the murders would tie in to g-pa, but that would tie in to the theory that this building hatred had gone on for a long while.

FYI, Hanna's DOB 4/7/97. That would have made her five when Clarence was released. Says HE initiated the divorce? Long article/interview with Tony a few threads back states Geneva filed after Clarence was arrested. Maybe he did file in another state, but that doesn't make much sense to me. I would think if he filed first, it would be to preserve the land, other personal possessions from Geneva asking for her part ownership.
The whole story we have been given about his arrest and conviction seems a little strange to me. But maybe its just me!
I can't imagine the murders would tie in to g-pa, but that would tie in to the theory that this building hatred had gone on for a long while.

It says that Clarence was admitted to prison, on 04/07/1998, and the divorce was final, 09/27/1995, and granted to: "husband".

Somewhere, we've been given conflicting info! Or, I'm crazy! Went to bed, with a headache, woke up with a migraine, so I could be remembering wrong. Will go back and read again later.

Dare I say this? Could DR have been the victim? She and CRsr wrote letters on his behalf. If I recall correctly, the victim was a minor at the time of the offense. And I think was an adult at the time of the accusation/arrest, for a lack of better wording. And dare I say this, too... could HR have been his daughter? All just speculation/theory... but if that were the case, then the only reason that I could think of for this crime would be if *you know what* was going on in the family. Not going that far, just think about it a minute and you should be able to figure it out.

This case has been on my mind a lot lately. Maybe it's just because the holidays are over and things have gotten back to normal here. But, I think it's also because someone here thinks that the sheriff led them to believe that the sheriff thinks this is deeper than drugs. And to me, THAT would be much deeper than drugs.

BTW, (and I will go back to see who made the comment to try to get more info) can anyone quote what the sheriff stated that led to the belief of this being "deeper than drugs"?

***Just want to add that this is all MY OPINION. I try my best to post as a question instead of a statement in the hopes that it's not misunderstood as fact or rumor. I want to be able to discuss this properly without getting into trouble.***

Somewhere, we've been given conflicting info! Or, I'm crazy! Went to bed, with a headache, woke up with a migraine, so I could be remembering wrong. Will go back and read again later.

Oops! I hope I'm not confusing you! It was a bit of a puzzle for me to get to a website that had info on the date of admittance. It was an Ohio govt website.

And one more thing (not trying to snarky, but serious). What makes anyone think there might have been or could be a 9th and 10th victim? As opposed to a 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, etc. victim. I'm sure it was just "a way of saying" that there could have been more victims, but, I guess sometimes I look too hard at too many details.

DR was still awake at 12:53 a.m., based on her stomach contents, and that of the others in her home, they were likely killed not too long after that. There were no signs of forced entry at any of the homes. It is said that most of the victims were in bed, asleep, but I think that DR may have let them in at her place. It's very possible that CR1 and GR did as well. I don't think any of them saw this coming though. This is "deeper than drugs", loosely quoted from Reader.

Aha! Do you have a quote from the sheriff that sounds like he thinks it's "deeper than drugs"? Sorry, if you've already answered this. I tend to picture things as I read which means I'm incredibly slow at reading and catching up. TIA.

And one more thing (not trying to snarky, but serious). What makes anyone think there might have been or could be a 9th and 10th victim? As opposed to a 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, etc. victim. I'm sure it was just "a way of saying" that there could have been more victims, but, I guess sometimes I look too hard at too many details.

Probably not the best one to answer this question, but if I remember correctly, more than one family member's plans for that night changed without notice. For me, I'd be thinking "they're going to come back and kill me."

I think the killers had a problem with the cockfighting, the marijuana, and the racing. It really bothered them that a new generation was being born and raised in the same environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling