OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, had I been a victim of such a disgusting thing, he could have stayed in jail til he rotted. People who sexually molest others, especially young, underage kids ought to be castrated.

I'm not posting things to drag anyone in this family through the mud, just stating the facts that we know and answering some questions. My point I guess, is how this family chose sides and fell apart. (the Rhodens). Clarence was convicted and served time for molestation, one part of the family believed it and the other didn't. He is the one who filed and got the divorce.
I don't know if this has any baring on this case, but as a survivor myself, I can't understand the " change of heart" this person had. To write a letter to let this person out of prison and loose in the world to do it again? Subject another child or family member to this? How irresponisable (sp) can you be? Forgiving and letting go of it is one thing, but to make it possible to have this happen to another innocent child? Not to mention what this has done to the family itself. All for nothing?
That's a lot of resentment or hate to handle.
I agree very much. The victim needed a lot of courage to come forward. IMO, She probably fought denial around her like often in these situations

Bjm was 36 in 2016 making her 11 years old in 1991. But my understanding was it was a family member he molested. Rhoden family member. Dana would have been 13, the same age as the Rhoden family member. Maybe they were friends?

Are we sure it was a family member ? What factual information was communicated about the relationship between the victim and family?

The info on the molestation is pretty sketchy. The victim is pretty much left to guessing and speculation.

I dont understand the change of heart part either and ive never been a victim. When i was 17 i had a baby and married the man on my 18th birthday. About 2 months later i found out that his step-dad had molested him and atleast 4 of his siblings. I flipped my **** needless to say!! My point though is i was reassured by my husband and sister in laws that i had absolutely nothing to worry about as he had gotten in trouble for something else about 10 yrs before me coming along and had been ordered to take an anger management class and had changed. Whaaaaat!!!??? They thought an anger management class had "cured" his child molesting tendencies. Every single one of them would leave their children for the whole summer with him. Maybe clarences family thought he had been in there long enough to be "cured."

I dont understand the change of heart part either and ive never been a victim. When i was 17 i had a baby and married the man on my 18th birthday. About 2 months later i found out that his step-dad had molested him and atleast 4 of his siblings. I flipped my **** needless to say!! My point though is i was reassured by my husband and sister in laws that i had absolutely nothing to worry about as he had gotten in trouble for something else about 10 yrs before me coming along and had been ordered to take an anger management class and had changed. Whaaaaat!!!??? They thought an anger management class had "cured" his child molesting tendencies. Every single one of them would leave their children for the whole summer with him. Maybe clarences family thought he had been in there long enough to be "cured."

I recommend reading post #930 to appreciate the possible angles of the situation

EDIT : I like your nickname

I'm not posting things to drag anyone in this family through the mud, just stating the facts that we know and answering some questions. My point I guess, is how this family chose sides and fell apart. (the Rhodens). Clarence was convicted and served time for molestation, one part of the family believed it and the other didn't. He is the one who filed and got the divorce.
I don't know if this has any baring on this case, but as a survivor myself, I can't understand the " change of heart" this person had. To write a letter to let this person out of prison and loose in the world to do it again? Subject another child or family member to this? How irresponisable (sp) can you be? Forgiving and letting go of it is one thing, but to make it possible to have this happen to another innocent child? Not to mention what this has done to the family itself. All for nothing?
That's a lot of resentment or hate to handle.

If this person were still young when they wrote the letter, they may have thought, naively, that they were the only one, or he was old and sick and it wouldn't happen again. I think they just wanted the family back like it was before the bad think happened. What they didn't know was that it likely couldn't ever be fully repaired.

I really don't believe a child molester is ever "cured". Just like an alcoholic is never cured. Was the family really concerned about repairing wrong doings in the large family, or was it because Clarence was old and defenseless, and he was a victim of molestation while he was locked up? What comes around, goes around.

Bjm was 36 in 2016 making her 11 years old in 1991. But my understanding was it was a family member he molested. Rhoden family member. Dana would have been 13, the same age as the Rhoden family member. Maybe they were friends?

If Brady R was 54 in 2016, it is possible he could have had a child who was 10 or 11 in 1991.

Whoever rec'd the benefits would have to be seen as cooperating w/LE if they're going by the rules.

Interesting thought. According to this story, in addition to DR, help was approved for the three Rhoden teens CR2, HR and FR, as well as HHG. no information for GR, CR, and KR

Interesting thought. According to this story, in addition to DR, help was approved for the three Rhoden teens CR2, HR and FR, as well as HHG. no information for GR, CR, and KR

HHG's final expenses were approved as well. So that leaves the two brothers and one cousin. CR1's mother would be nok, and KR's daughter would be nok. GR's parents would be nok. However, GR's parents would possibly have to file in Kentucky (unsure on that).

HHG's final expenses were approved as well. So that leaves the two brothers and one cousin. CR1's mother would be nok, and KR's daughter would be nok. GR's parents would be nok. However, GR's parents would possibly have to file in Kentucky (unsure on that).
What are the criteria for awarding or not? Is the amount given through the person in charge of the estate? I thought TR was doing this for CR

Prepping the next thread folks. Be prepared for this one to close in five or ten minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro