OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This bible thing is interesting. As I explained, I keep my families "history". Pictures, birth and death certs, letters, etc. Some are pretty old and delicate. I unfortunately do not have a family bible. My point is, this items are hard to come by. Why would something so "important" be left in a house that is empty, falling apart and could be broken into? Not to mention what the elements, and mice could do to it.
Wouldn't you keep that somewhere safer? I would. Me, I would keep it in a metal box or wrapped up plastic to keep it safe. It seems to me that something that important and precious would be in a safe place in my home.
Makes you wonder if maybe TR was looking for something else.
On the subject of KR being godmother to Kylie, IMO, HR sure had been disappointed with the fathers of her children. In my hillbilly family, we women have been there for each other through all the bad times in life, more than the men. Since KR says she and HR were close, maybe she just knew KR could be counted on to be there for her daughter. And in my family , it is an honor to be asked to watch over someones most precious gift, their child.

Good point about HR & KR. I like your insight on being mother and one of the women of the family

This bible thing is interesting. As I explained, I keep my families "history". Pictures, birth and death certs, letters, etc. Some are pretty old and delicate. I unfortunately do not have a family bible. My point is, this items are hard to come by. Why would something so "important" be left in a house that is empty, falling apart and could be broken into? Not to mention what the elements, and mice could do to it.
Wouldn't you keep that somewhere safer? I would. Me, I would keep it in a metal box or wrapped up plastic to keep it safe. It seems to me that something that important and precious would be in a safe place in my home.
On the subject of KR being godmother to Kylie, IMO, HR sure had been disappointed with the fathers of her children. In my hillbilly family, we women have been there for each other through all the bad times in life, more than the men. Since KR says she and HR were close, maybe she just knew KR could be counted on to be there for her daughter. And in my family , it is an honor to be asked to watch over someones most precious gift, their child.

I agree. I keep all my family bibles, pictures, important papers and even service warranties in a fireproof and water proof safe. I would never leave them in an abandoned house that could develop a roof leak or that mice could get into. Besides wouldn't Geneva R be the keeper of such things? Given what we know about Clarence, I somehow don't think he would keep anything but car titles, deeds ect. I too think TR was looking for something else. Something only Clarence would have had and passed to CR1 or KR. Like the deed to that 47 acres on Left Fork RD that Brady R lives on and that I am thinking that TR lives on also (I could be wrong on TR but the article said BR lives there on 47 acres Clarence owned). Too me that shows a break between CR1. KR and TR, BR. That he would be looking for something important to him that he thought CR1 or KR got from their father and maybe refused to give to him and BR. Or he could have been looking for a will or something written by Clarence concerning that land.

I agree, that it could have been something else he was searching for, but, it could have been inside a lockbox. Being as he'd not set foot in there in 8 years, I don't think I'd have looked w/ the reporter there. That's just me. I come from a fairly private family though. Maybe he wanted it known he'd been in there, and the "Bible" wasn't there, or maybe he was just hoping KR had left it there after he moved, and he could get it, and give it to his nother.

I went back reading "Deaths in the Foothills" by Chris Graves:

PROXIMITY

It seems KR and CR were much closer to their father. Other posters said it before, I* agree. KR lived in the yellow house. CR called his son Clarence, wrote in his favor, lived on his land.
This could have created resentment with the victim of Clarence's crime.

*I am not sure we know who the victim was. The victim was apparently a female, minor in 1991. Adult in 1998. RSD got a good description of the charge which implies some form of control. They raised Stone children. To consider.

THE BIBLE

It would be more logical for KR and CR to have the Bible. I agree.

SLR has done genealogy, may be she, or her children, got the bible. There is a picture of a mariage certificate in the story. It could be possible she has some archives.

It is also possible the Bible has been passed down to CR's children as well.

I agree, that it could have been something else he was searching for, but, it could have been inside a lockbox. Being as he'd not set foot in there in 8 years, I don't think I'd have looked w/ the reporter there. That's just me. I come from a fairly private family though. Maybe he wanted it known he'd been in there, and the "Bible" wasn't there, or maybe he was just hoping KR had left it there after he moved, and he could get it, and give it to his nother.

He went in there to look for the Bible when the reporter was there. Is it possible the reporter talked him into it? And if so, why the reporter thought it was interesting to find this Bible? Is it because another witness or family member mentionned it?

He went in there to look for the Bible when the reporter was there. Is it possible the reporter talked him into it? And if so, why the reporter thought it was interesting to find this Bible? Is it because another witness or family member mentionned it?

You may be right. It would have only made his story more interesting if TR had found the missing family Bible, plus, the reporter likely didnt turn down an opportunity to go inside the home, too. I guess whoever murdered this family, knew, that if they were there for something specific, that what they were looking for, wasn't stored in the little, yellow, house. It doesn't appear that the assailant (s) searched the yellow house that night. LE doesn't seem to care that folks are traipsing in and out of it either. So I'm guessing it wasn't entered by the murderer(s).

I would think that Geneva would have asked one or more of her kids to see if Clarence had the Bible shortly after he died, not some years later.

I would think that Geneva would have asked one or more of her kids to see if Clarence had the Bible shortly after he died, not some years later.

He may want it and the pictures for himself. Things like that become a bit more dear after tragedies.

Ive never posted here i just like to sit back and watch but i have a question. Ive seen a few comments about clarences victim maybe being one of the stone children. In the article ive read though it states that these children went to live with them in the early 60s which would definitely put them over 18 in 1991. So my question i guess is how could they be the victim or are we talking about one of their children possibly being the victim? Its such simple math i feel silly for asking. Like im missing something!

Ive never posted here i just like to sit back and watch but i have a question. Ive seen a few comments about clarences victim maybe being one of the stone children. In the article ive read though it states that these children went to live with them in the early 60s which would definitely put them over 18 in 1991. So my question i guess is how could they be the victim or are we talking about one of their children possibly being the victim? Its such simple math i feel silly for asking. Like im missing something!

You are probably right. Good point. We dont know it was. And personally I am not interested in knowing by respect for the victim. I don't think it has anything to do with our case. This is JMO.

EDIT: The person would be born approximately in the years 1974 to 1980.

Ok people , help me out here:
Clarence and Geneva had nine children:

Brady D Rhoden - 54
Norma Rhoden Thomas - 52
Wilma Rhoden Mc Coy - 51
Brenda Rhoden Weisel - 50
Tony R Rhoden - 48
Kenneth Wayne Rhoden - 44
Christopher Don Rhoden - 40
Theresa Rhoden Grebring - 38
Which one of these children would have been young enough to have been a minor in 1991?

Brady D Rhoden - 54
Norma Rhoden Thomas - 52
Wilma Rhoden Mc Coy - 51
Tony R Rhoden - 48
Which one of these children would have been young enough to have been a minor in 1991?
I'm thinking not one of his.... But someone who frequented his home?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Do the math. 1991 was 25 years ago, using the year of the murders 2016

Good catch!

Brady D Rhoden - 54
Norma Rhoden Thomas - 52
Wilma Rhoden Mc Coy - 51
Tony R Rhoden - 48

Anyone who is 43 or younger in 2016.
Or, anyone born after 1973.
In 1991 they would have been 18 or younger.

I'm not posting things to drag anyone in this family through the mud, just stating the facts that we know and answering some questions. My point I guess, is how this family chose sides and fell apart. (the Rhodens). Clarence was convicted and served time for molestation, one part of the family believed it and the other didn't. He is the one who filed and got the divorce.
I don't know if this has any baring on this case, but as a survivor myself, I can't understand the " change of heart" this person had. To write a letter to let this person out of prison and loose in the world to do it again? Subject another child or family member to this? How irresponisable (sp) can you be? Forgiving and letting go of it is one thing, but to make it possible to have this happen to another innocent child? Not to mention what this has done to the family itself. All for nothing?
That's a lot of resentment or hate to handle.

I'm thinking not one of his.... But someone who frequented his home?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The Manley's live right down the road from that house. How old is BJM, his special friend?

Bjm was 36 in 2016 making her 11 years old in 1991. But my understanding was it was a family member he molested. Rhoden family member. Dana would have been 13, the same age as the Rhoden family member. Maybe they were friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18